Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: External Tibia with Dr. Sringari at Jane hospital in April 2015  (Read 20637 times)

Parle

Re: External Tibia with Dr. Sringari at Jane hospital in April 2015
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2015, 04:08:54 AM »

About the cost

One time payment is 14,000 USD (Incl. 3 months stay , food,)
Additional payment for each month is 1,500 USD ( incl. accommodation, food)

Parle

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2015, 04:29:42 AM »

How u are treated

In a hotel,

There are about 5-6 hotel boys, so anything you need you can ask them ( yet for hotel side, they seems not so pleasant..)
And, there is a care taker coming to a hotel 7 days a week from about 10:00 am to 6:00-7:00 pm. u can ask him anything u need.

In a apartment

u stay with caretaker. Anything u need, he helps u. Cooking, laundry, cleaning, shopping outside...he does everything alone.

He seems to me super busy.. He is very nice and doing very well but one thing I don't like is every morning, I need to go to his room and wake him up. Otherwise, he never shows up and sleeping and sleeping. I called him on the phone but somehow I can't reach..I prefer breakfast at 9:00 or as late at 9:30. but I should not complain as I understand he is super busy and just tired...

Parle

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2015, 05:55:31 AM »

No confirmation so far about the day of removing frames...

Hope this Wednesday I will be frame free finally... Of course with no trouble...

Parle

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2015, 06:12:31 AM »

About the daily supplement & medicine

・Calcium*:  3 tablets at night
*After turning 2 cm or 3 cm, u can take, told by Dr. Harry
・Vitamin C: 3 tablets a day, each after the meal
・Protein: everyday
・Flexura*: 2 tablets, each in morning and night 
*Available in local pharmacy, used as pain killer, cause sleepiness

Parle

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2015, 06:25:57 AM »

The pain & condition

Past 1 or 2 weeks, feeling a little tense / stretch in my right ankle. Was told by Harry that this caused by too much turning, thus now turning 00.5 mm a day. No pain at all on the left leg. Good flexibility on both legs. The flexibility on the ankle, the left one is good, the right one is a little tense, but not much, no need to worry, all was told by Dr. Harry.

The summary, one day I feel the pain on the left, one day on the right, at different part .. Harry told me its all normal. The pain did not last forever. At some point, it stopped.

microman

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2015, 06:42:41 AM »

yeah i seem  to  be  getting pain alot today for what seems like no reason since i havent turned in a while etc.

thisis the first time i have experienced pain for no reason, makes me think there is somethign wrong.

my plan for today is to only do 2 turns, and hope the pain goes away before  have to do my first turn of the day.

what painkillers do you recomend, only ones i have are diklofenak and penadol.

Parle

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2015, 06:52:55 AM »

Why India, Why Dr. Sringari

First of all, I couldn't afford to go to Germany, USA, Italy, not even Ukraine. So in the cost wise my options were limited. China, Russia, India were my options. Russia was dropped because they operates external frames only, this method is painful, high risk for pin break and takes a lot of time for recovery. China and India, I thought about it. Both does the external with LON, takes more or less the same period in whole process,

I decided to go to India because the response from Dr. Singari was quick and had good impression from his email. He has experienced, says almost no complications, cares about the patients, he seems good doctor. Also, I read some of diaries abt Dr. Sringari and looks all patients went on good. Yes, there are some always says negative things but there are always such a case I believe. Dr. Sarin, I never thought about him because of reputations he has now.

That's why I am here... thanks for reading..

Parle

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2015, 07:07:01 AM »

Just want to say even if I could afford Germany or USA or whatever, I am not sure if I could spend that much of money on something you could do by a lot less amount somewhere different.. Of course, my decision would be judged only when I reach my target and walk normal again...

microman

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2015, 07:22:46 AM »

i chose to cross Sringari off my list as they only do LON and was afraid of permanent knee pain.

also i thought LON was more invasive than external no?

Parle

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2015, 07:35:48 AM »

Dr. Harry comes once a day in the morning, usually at around 10:30 if not around 12:00. He didn't come past 10:30. I was waiting thinking he comes around 12:00. Past 12:00 he didn't come. I was waiting. Past 12:30 he didn't come. I whatsapped him. No response. I was waiting and waiting. At 12:45 I called him, He switched off my phone immediately and gave me a message instantly saying " I'm not in Gurgaon". Now, I'm laughing...

Parle

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2015, 07:38:57 AM »

this things is not the first time, happened before too...

Parle

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2015, 09:37:33 AM »

About the food (part 2)

From the day of arrival to end of May, Food was provided from outside, the delivery service. Most of them were very spicy for me, I had curry, pasta, rice, soup, noodle,,The quantity and quality wise, I can't say that I enjoyed it so I asked to Harry to change a place to order. Harry took care of it and  changed a place, but still only little improvement is made..

I appreciate that he tried but I asked to Harry that from June 1st, I order whatever I want outside so give some money back for food. He gave me 10,000 INR for a month.

From July 1 st to middle of June, I ordered food outside as I proposed, most to Chinese. I had noodle, rice, soup, sometimes I ordered to hotel front, burgers, noodle, sandwich, also sometimes gave money to caretaker to get me some fruits or something.  Things got a lot better..

Since middle of June, the system went back to before, No money given to me but they prepares food. this time caretaker cooks food. you can see the pictures attached. He cooks very well. I sometimes give money to him when he goes to market to buy me fruits, milk, snacks,,,.

that's how it is.

Parle

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2015, 11:19:55 AM »

walker

me in hotel

Parle

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2015, 11:30:27 AM »

Self-exercise

I do 3-4 times a day. Now 3 times. Each takes about 1 hour.

1. Band exercise: 10 times at each leg,
2. Leg lifting: 40 times each
3. Leg sliding to a side way: 40 times each
4. Leg lifting in a side way position: 40 times each
5. Knee bending: 50 times each
6: Sitting: 5 minutes
7: Standing with walker*: 10 minutes each, in starting 3 minutes, increased to 5 minutes at some point, now 10 minutes.
*Was told by Doctor and Harry that now I should do for 10 minutes

Parle

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2015, 01:25:54 PM »

Seriously, Not sure where Harry went... The day off supposed to be only on Sunday... No response, No physio, nothing for today. Hope he comes back tomorrow morning  :'(

Parle

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2015, 01:30:47 PM »

Hello microman,

I am only taking Frexura. I don't know anything about the pills you're taking.

Again, I don't know external with Lon is dangerous. From I read in this diary it looked like a relatively safe method..

May I ask u where and by which doctor you had a surgery?

microman

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2015, 02:37:19 PM »

im with dr. mitkovic in serbia.

pills i take that he recomended do nothing, there just headache pills basically, your pills at least make sense, a muscle relaxant.

ye its safe  but is  a small chance of knee  pain, see medium drink of waters recovery threads for more info.

Wintersleep

• Visitor
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2015, 03:52:50 PM »

Why India, Why Dr. Sringari

First of all, I couldn't afford to go to Germany, USA, Italy, not even Ukraine. So in the cost wise my options were limited. China, Russia, India were my options. Russia was dropped because they operates external frames only, this method is painful, high risk for pin break and takes a lot of time for recovery. China and India, I thought about it. Both does the external with LON, takes more or less the same period in whole process,

I decided to go to India because the response from Dr. Singari was quick and had good impression from his email. He has experienced, says almost no complications, cares about the patients, he seems good doctor. Also, I read some of diaries abt Dr. Sringari and looks all patients went on good. Yes, there are some always says negative things but there are always such a case I believe. Dr. Sarin, I never thought about him because of reputations he has now.

That's why I am here... thanks for reading..

Hi Gakinotukai, thanks for your diary it's really helpful :)

I'm considering Dr. Singari and you said that he claims to have very few complications but what about the thread someone linked to on this thread about the guy with the screw sticking out of his leg? Have you asked Dr Sringari about that? How does that happen?

Also how much have you turned and how much do x-rays show you have lengthened because I have heard a lot of people with Indiain doctors that turn like 7cm but x-rays only show a gap of like 3cm.

Good look with frame removal, hope you recover well :)

Parle

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2015, 05:51:22 AM »

How the surgery proceeded.

Woke up in the morning, was taken to a hospital by Dr. Harry in his car. The hospital was not so big. My first impression was, oh Is this the hospital to have this very complex surgery, hmmmm.   No offense.

I had Q&A with girl nurse, blood test, CT scan, some other test, all took for 1 hour or something. After that, was taken to a single room, all my leg heirs were shaved by male nurse.

Some minutes later, was taken to a surgery room in 2nd floor in a wheel chair by a male nurse and put on the surgery bed ( not sure how to say..) there were 2 to 3 male surgeons already. All looked relaxed, with mask, globes on. Unlike them I was a little anxious..A few minutes later, more male surgeons came and at last, Dr. Singari showed up smiling, looked relaxed. He shook my hands and said u don't need to worry anything.

Then, I got a cover on my face, body, legs were put slightly up.. The male surgeons, who was very friendly, came closer to me and whispered, If u want, I can get u sleep. But I said I rather want to be awake. He put big injection on my spine back. It was a anesthesia. Slowly my half of below body went asleep.

Then the surgery started, I heard all the sound of drilling, I was a little terrified but the cover was put on the legs, so I could't see anything, but I saw slight sight of my toe moving, shaking..

It took 3-4 hours, I believe. It was 6:30 pm or something. I think I was awake in whole time but I may have be sleeping at some point. I don't remember. The doctors was heading to the entrance gate so was Dr. Singari. There was only me and other 2 doctors ( could be nurse, I don't know) in a room. He took me to a stretcher and taken me back to the single room where I was going to spend next 3 days.

Parle

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2015, 06:05:50 AM »

Post surgery

Stayed in a single room in a hospital for 3 nights. All my legs were bandaged. My right hand was stripped with infusion all days.I had a pain killer and anesthesia. I didn't feel any pain.

But because of the anesthesia, I was always sleepy and actually sleeping all 3 days, day and night. Time to time, the nurse came to check my pulse and changed the infusion. I didn't feel any appetite. Meal looked good but I had only small portion, no more. I felt vomiting and actually vomited a couple of times. Nurse available 24 a day. There is a button on the bed, U can call anytime.

After 3 days in a hospital I was taken back to a hotel by a taxi. Outside was so hot, the road was bumpy, the exotic music in a taxi, still feeling anesthesia , I was feeling vomiting and when the taxi got to a hotel, I could't help but vomiting.  :-[

Back to my room, with AC on, laying down on a big bed, I felt good and thought the first big part is finally over....

microman

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2015, 06:20:29 AM »

im glad i was asleep for my operation, i had no side effects as well such as headache.

but anyway cound't find Flexura (Metaxalone) in the pharaxy here, i will ask again for anything with the ingrediant Metaxalone, it may be called skelaxin over here.

as i said before my painkillers are literally paracetamol, my doctor said about your painkiiler.

Metaxalone is muscle relaxant and central blocker (in brain) of pain. There is many side effects. I don't mind if you use it. However Paracetamol tab 500 mg (available in any pharmacy) 3-4 times per day one tab is better without serious side effects.

however in my experience the paracetamol doens't help much, but maybe i can't get the Metaxalone  from a regular pharmacy?

Parle

« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2015, 06:45:05 AM »

Thanks for letting me know.

Never knew that Frexura has such a bad side effect. I try to take only once a day, not in the morning. But I have to say this pills works a lot. One day I was feeling sever pain and also I couldn't do much of bend knee exercise. I asked to my physio, Dr. Harry and he said that I should take this pill. Once taken it, no pain and flexibility got better. Since that day, I've been taking this pill day and night everyday, more like one and half months now.

I never heard about your pill but I will ask to my physio when he comes today. thank you for sharing me with this. Too bad that u can't get this pill, here in India I have no difficulties to buy this pills, probably any pharmacies selling it.

Serbia.. Never thought about it. hope u're doing well over there.

Parle

« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2015, 11:00:22 AM »

Hello Wintersleep

It's very understandable that after seeing that picture, everybody got scared, me not exceptional.. I will ask about this to Harry when he comes over, let u know later.

About X ray, so far I have turned about 8.9 cm and X ray showed ( on July 31st) 7.9 cm for right leg and 7.7 cm for left leg.So,from my experience I don't think you need to worry about a lot less gaining than actual turning.

Obviously you gain less than turning because in the beginning of turning your muscle is tight so the muscle doesn't separate from tissue easily, so it takes time. But you keep turning and once you make a certain gap, the faster you can make a gap. that's Harry told me. 

Here is other patient and his X-ray was pretty good too.

Parle

« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2015, 11:07:34 AM »

Here is two patients in a care and other patient had frames removed this morning. He was taken to a hospital accompanied by Dr. Harry the early morning today and supposed to be coming back tonight..

Hope everything going well.. Nothing heard from my frame removal from doctor, hope to able to remove frames soon...

microman

« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2015, 12:16:51 PM »

wow so your 9cm taller, great news.

should that not put you at the male average for japan?

are you going home for consolidation, when is the nail removal date planned for.

are you not afraid of super long tibia look, and along with a tibia that maybe longer than femur?

Parle

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2015, 01:46:39 PM »

Thanks, just to clarify that I will be about 7.5 cm tall, not 9 cm. I've turned about 9 cm and got about 8 cm. And, in frame removal, my physio told me some mm would be lost, so I would be something like 7.5 mm taller, that will put me 169.5 cm or something,which is just below the average height of Japanese male. ( av. 171 cm)

Actually I told to doctor and Harry I would like to remove frames on Aug. 5th which is tomorrow but so far nothing is informed...don't know why... After frame removal, I will do the consolidation here, probably one month or so. Not sure yet..

I am not really afraid of long tibia. Yes, My tibia is getting longer but my tibia looked a bit shorter compared to my femur before the surgery, so the proportion wise, it should be OK. 

How about u? Let me know a little bit of yourself.. ( when you remove frames , the LL method, where u do consolidation etc..)

microman

« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2015, 06:26:33 PM »

its monorail so i remove the frames when i am fully consolodated, which would be 8-10 months post op depending on length.

i am aiming for 4.5-6cm depeding on how well i do.

consolidatoin will be at home, so whenever i stop lengthening i will return back home, i can remove the device at home by hand, no surgery necesarry.

glenn

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2015, 06:13:36 PM »

Dear Parle,

I just want to thank you for your diary. It sounds like such an emotional experience (going to a foreign country, not sure what will happen from one moment to the next), but when you write about it you just put down the facts. I like that when things don't happen as they're supposed to you just note it in your diary and move on. I hope I can have half as much of your courage and bravery for my surgery at the end of this month. Thanks again!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up