Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: how will i look after LL  (Read 21345 times)

Alittletooshort

Re: how will i look after LL
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2015, 08:19:16 AM »

Yes, It gives you the impression of being taller and slimer than you actually are. However, tibias take way longer to recover and you can't lengthen as as much as on the femurs. Another bonus of the femur lengthening is that it' much easier to hide simply by wearing your pants a little lower. Long tibias are pretty easy to spot imo.

microman

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2015, 11:34:43 AM »

I consolodate faster with femurs?

well that's pretty interesting, sadly i can't afford internal femurs.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2015, 11:51:35 AM »

Tibia is your only choice then, yes it's much faster due to the higher blood flow. Just read some diaries and you'll get an idea of the differences between ex tibias and internal femurs in terms of recovery.

microman

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2015, 08:43:52 PM »

well i might be able to do mitkovic femur.

so would you say it takes 8 month for tibia 5cm, or 6 months for femur 5cm lengthening.

can only assume the consolodation stage takes less time.

i think this should be mentioned in the main pages including the FAQ's etc, there is no immediate mention of this.

microman

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2015, 12:15:37 AM »

Okay I have a MUCH better picture where the angle is more to the legs

so would 5cm tibs look alright? I'm a bit concerned as my tibs seem to be not that short.

lumiere

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2015, 12:02:27 PM »

Femours better in my opinion.

Lumiere

Taller

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2015, 05:33:11 PM »

Losing weight will help you much more than LL will. Plus, losing the weight will help train you as LL will require a lot of discipline and resistance to physical pain.

Uppland

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2015, 07:15:35 PM »

Based on the pic and my (less than perfect) eye measurement I'd say you should lengthen your femurs rather than your tibias.

microman

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2015, 09:13:13 PM »

hmm, its only 5cm so lets hope it doens't make things look too wierd.

on the weight thing i will ask mitkovic if its a factor,i am within normal range of weight but on the very upper end of that range.

sadly if i do surgery in the next 2 months i can't see me losing much weight, but i will try and eat less starting from now.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2015, 09:22:02 PM »

Start a workout routine in combination with an eating plan quickly. Your wheight will be bad for your recovery
 The bloodflow is generally less swift among people who carry around a little too much fat, being sportive and flexible is defenitely helpful for this.

Descreteuser

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2015, 09:58:51 PM »

hmm, its only 5cm so lets hope it doens't make things look too wierd.

on the weight thing i will ask mitkovic if its a factor,i am within normal range of weight but on the very upper end of that range.

sadly if i do surgery in the next 2 months i can't see me losing much weight, but i will try and eat less starting from now.

Ur weight won't be a problem.. But being in shape will make make this process much easier.. Walking with the walker requires upper body strength so the less  body strength you have the more difficult it will be when you are trying to walk earlier on.. Ull recover no matter what it's just it will be quicker if ur a bit stronger and fitter.. The speed of your recovery is dependent on how much effort you put in.. The fitter and stronger you are the easier it will be to put that effort in.. I'd highly suggest hit the gym 4 times a week with a bit of cardio each time along with eating right and in 2 months ull be in much better shape to make this process easier.. The last thing u wanna do is be lazy when doing this..
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

microman

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2015, 10:05:52 PM »

hmmm i kinda thought weight wouldn't be a huge problem i haven't seen any mention of BMI requirements not once on any pre-requisits, I like to think there have been overweight people that have done this surgery, I'm not really overweigh, no one has ever called me fat or anything, just looks worse with no clothes on.

however dr mitkovic did ask my weight in a questionare, but he hasn't replied back and told me about how my weight would affect the operation.

anyway i think it wolud be a good idea to lose weight anyway, below are my stats

Current weight
147lbs/66kg/10st 7lbs   for 164.5cm height, bmi is 24.6

Goal weight for pre-op.
120lbs/54Kg/8st 7lbs      for 164.5cm height, bmi 20

so i plan to lose 2 stone if i can, going to jog everyday, drink only water and eat healthy.

G-Man

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2015, 10:33:52 PM »

No offense but it always cracks me up when I hear "stones", sounds so prehistoric!  ;)

microman

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2015, 02:18:38 AM »

upon looking at my absolute length of the tibia, rather than the ratio, it looks to me like 4cm would be my maximum, given how short my legs are.

I have provided a picture here, as you can see my tibia is about the length of two PS4 controllers!

Note the camera angle isn't' the best so it appears my leg is 1.5x ps4 controllers, but it is more like 2.

I would like any advice, would you say I should do 4 or 5cm?

microman

« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2015, 06:03:44 AM »

okay im trying to measure my tibia and femur using a measuring tape, i can't get x-rays here withouth a doctors referal so that's not an option.

i got 37 for tibs, and 45? for femur, i used these two picturse as a guide, but maybe they are wrong as to me i seem to have quite long tibs

i am confused about the femur measurements, am i not meant to stop the measuring tape when i get to the hip bone, or keep going far back to my very back, as one measurment is 43, the other is 52!

i realise after LL i can have tibs the same length as femur, and that is acceptable, im only doing 5 so i want to make sure there is at least 1cm more femur than tib post op.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2015, 04:38:33 PM »

These measurements aren´t very useful since they don´t measure the bone to it´s exact length. Just go to an orthopaedic and tell him that you think you have a leg length difference and you´d like it to get them checked. Or simply pay 100 pounds or whatever it costs to get them (it won´t be too much).

microman

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2015, 12:27:34 AM »

i went to a private hospital, they said they wouldn't do it because it is an unnecessary exposure to radiation.

they said 'x-ray if for diagnostic, unless I am operating on you, i will not do it', i said i want to find out the length of my bones to know the difference, he said he would not do it.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2015, 10:39:49 PM »

Well thats weird than, I just got it when I asked for it, I didn't even had to pay for it.
I guess it highly depends on the country your're living in, I am sure though, that there is a way of getting these x-rays If you pay them.

microman

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2015, 10:52:46 PM »

yeah sucks big time, that was the only private hospital in my area, not sure what to do.

it would kindof suck if i could only do 4cm on tibs, say if my femurs are only 4cm longer than tibs, i know tibs can't be longer than femurs.

I don't think mitkovic really does femurs much.

microman

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2015, 08:16:18 AM »

okay I have done 2 mockups of myself, one after doing 10cm, 5cm per leg, the other one after 5cm LL, in both of these i am wearing a 2cm lift in my shoes, this mockup is with clothes on which i think is a better representation of how people view me 99% of the time.

so the 10cm mockup puts me at 176.5cm, the 5cm 171.5cm, both these figures take into account the 2cm lift.

for the 10cm mockup that would put me at about 10cm taller than my wingspan if I was to stand barefoot.

if you saw a person like this, would you think anything of it?

now here is a side by side one comparing the 10cm with the 5cm, when you view it like this the 2nd picture looks way more natural i think, surprisingly the longer tibs of the 5cm picture is not noticable at all, obivously in the 10cm one i would have my natural tib/femur ratio.

I guess maybe I could get a 2nd LL and not wear the 2cm lift, in which case i would look acceptable and be 3cm taller than I was before, however i don't think it's worth the fuss of another op. just for 3cm of height when I will be 171.5cm anyway (using 2cm lift).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 09:14:31 AM by microman »

Alittletooshort

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2015, 09:58:42 AM »

Don´t think too much about getting two LL before you even got one. Looking too far ahead isn´t helpful, you should also take into account that your only option (based on your current budget) is external femur lengthening which is known to be very unpleasent. I remember that someone mentioned the poor regeneration after external femurs due to the heavy muscle damage that is done by the pins piercing trough the muscles.
I haven´t seen a single decent running video of a LL patient who got 2 LL. Everything I saw varried between bad and horrible (including Apo´s video, which looks far from natural but still good compared to some others).
-10 wingspan looks bad imo.
Sorry if I appear rude but this is just my honest oppinion.

microman

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2015, 10:04:21 AM »

no that's okay, just wanted to know, as i said i think it also looks bad, but then again people have are like that anyway so it's hard to judge.

AL is also an option as well, here is a mockup of about 4cm per arm for AL.

wow i look way normal now, seems to have totally solved the issue.

and yeah apotheosis did 20cm, that will seriously compromise athletic ability, 5cm per bone shouldn't really do that.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 10:24:51 AM by microman »

Alittletooshort

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2015, 10:45:58 AM »

Forget AL and the second round of LL for the moment, just focus on what is in the near future. Do this step by step and keep your goals realistic, perhaps you have already changed your mind at the time you finished your first lengthening.

microman

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2015, 05:21:36 PM »

i've decided im not going to wear lifts in my life anymore, so i have done a mockup of 10cm, 5 per and no lift, i want to know if i have to do AL if i plan to do this.

if i need AL i wont do this, but if i don't i may do it.

personally i don't think it looks good at all, and its more 9cm than 10cm.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2015, 05:45:06 PM »

It doesn't look good imo, your shoulders are way to narrow for the long legs. It simply looks not natural, but that's just my opinnion others may judge it differently.
I'd stick to one lengthening and wear lifts instead. I woudln't think about two lengthening anyways, you haven't had one yet.

microman

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2015, 06:21:11 PM »

i agree looks bad, anyway here is me 5cm taller with 1 LL.

I am only 2.5cm taller than wingspan here so I think I look way normal here.

in the case of arm lengthening if I do a 2nd ll i will would only need 2.5cm per arm to get this same wingspan, so although AL sounds a bit nutty it should be easy-ish to do, at least a lot easier than the people that do 9cm on one leg.

only problem is price but I think solomin offers it and his prices are affordable enough to do both, I would like to know how humerus lengthening goes with him as there is a patient diary with him who may do AL very soon.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:46:38 PM by microman »

G-Man

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2015, 08:32:28 PM »

People come here with height neurosis and develop proportions neurosis as well.  Don't go that route, nobody pays attention to that.
I think you look perfectly normal at 10cm, in fact I thought it was your actual pre-mockup picture.

Morgenst.

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2015, 08:37:04 PM »

Agreed. If you want 10cm to the untrained eye you look fine but losing the gut and working your shoulders a bit will only help your aesthetic proportionality if you care about that which from this thread id say yeah. Ether way best of luck what made you pick dr Mitkovic?

microman

« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2015, 09:15:45 PM »

well I guess we all think differently about things, I don't think proportion neurososis exists but the wingspan thing is like a statisticall improbability so you have a right about being concerned about your wingspan, your born wingspan was designed with your height in mind so I have to respect that somewhat.

I chose mitkoic for the following reasons

•   Minimally-sized and fully weight-bearing externals monorails of his own design.
•   Highly recommended on old forum  and has a lot of diaries and maybe about 100 cosmetic cases.
•   His device is less invasive and much easier to manage than external ilazarov barinov/solomins.
•   It is apparently less painful, as the ilazarov pins penetrate the muscle, with mitkovic device you just have 6 pins on the front of the shin which don’t penetrate any muscle.
•   You don’t need a visa; so no waiting for Russian visa or getting fingerprints.
•   The device is much more aesthetically pleasing than ilazarov,
•   The device is easier to wear and less clumsy than ilzarov,sleeping in bed with just a bar on the front of your legs vs. a full ring may be easier
•   Apparently the device is not as noticeable to wear as the ilazarov is, some people say they forget it’s there, that would be a good feeling during consolidation.
•   You are in direct contact with doctor at any time with phone.
•   The food and facilities are good as you are in hotel.
•   You can take the device off personally at home, no need for re-surgery or going back to Russia for another surgery, making the LL journey a bit easier.

Taller

« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2015, 01:34:42 AM »

Agreed. If you want 10cm to the untrained eye you look fine but losing the gut and working your shoulders a bit will only help your aesthetic proportionality if you care about that which from this thread id say yeah. Ether way best of luck what made you pick dr Mitkovic?

I completely agree. Your first priority should be loosing weight, not LL. I guarantee that people view you worse because of your weight than because of your height.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up