Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting a loan for LL  (Read 1938 times)

TheMagicalBlueEye

Getting a loan for LL
« on: April 23, 2019, 02:17:15 PM »

Has anyone tried doing this? I'm asking about Europe as I want to get it done by Giotikas or maybe Salameh. I consider a 50k loan but I might be able to save as much as half of this amount within 2-4 years (I just don't want to wait that long to save the whole sum).
Diligence is the mother of good luck

Knik

Re: Getting a loan for LL
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 02:26:02 PM »

Can I ask you where do you come from ? You can tell me in private
Im in the same situation, potentially considering Giotikas too. My actual plan would by to save 20 or 25 k by my own (and I guess it is the minimum to obtain a loan in my situation) and do a 20k loan. That would give me 40k for the LL and the apartment
If you come from France or any French speaking country let’s dm

I feel like I’m the only one for who money is a big deal here

Looking for Pili

RB

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 02:29:29 PM »

I'm partly funding my CLL with a loan. For me to undergo stryde on femur's with Dr. Giotikas it will cost me around $70k AUD for the surgery alone so I took out a $30k AUD loan and the rest ($40k) will be what I have saved up for it. I think it's a great option as you can get the surgery done when you are younger and able to recover quicker, recover and move on with your life at your new height quicker etc.

There is also the chance that Giotikas could increase his prices over the coming years and his stryde package at the moment is extremely good value so I want to lock that price in. 

Let me know if you need any advice.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

jievince3

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 02:36:18 PM »

Which bank could give you a loan of 50k? It's a large number.  What's the interest?

TheMagicalBlueEye

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 02:38:10 PM »

I'm from Poland but I have a chance to work in Germany right now (living as an expat sucks sometimes though). I'm a little surprised that you cannot save it there in France (I always thought it's a very rich country) . If I had stayed in my native country probably I could've never accomplished what I have always wanted to do.

GrowTow

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 02:45:17 PM »

What are your circumstances? Are you younger? or living on your own?

My family has remortgaged the house for $45 000 as i'm still a student. Whilst i'm away having my room will be rented out so $6300 will be paid back. This is only 5% of the house's value so the interest rate is very low and a mortgage is cheaper than a loan anyways

So if you have a family home I would say mortgage > loan

When i'm back there will be $38 700 left to pay. This will probably take me around 3 years to pay back.
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

Knik

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 02:46:17 PM »

Honestly no this is not a rich country medium salaries are about 1500 € a month minimal salary is 1200 € my mom wins 2000€ and my father 3000€ (they won’t help me)
How much is it in Germany ?
Life is also expensive so I will have to wait to leave my mom home, I will work while living with her because otherwise it will requires more time (I just hope she will be comprehensive about it)
Some rich countries would be Luxembourg or Switzerland

So sometimes I ask myself where come from all that money people have here
They are probably quite old with a very good job in some specific countries or I just don’t understand
Like Paley patients for instance !
I will have to do a lot of sacrifices : no holidays, no car (I have one atm), no expensive buys
Life won’t be fun in this coming years but then, it will be an absolute liberation

I would also do some operations in my face thought except my nose I find my face pretty well and State will pay some of these facial operations

I think that with 20k in my bank account I could get a 20k loan but still not sure, I don’t know how it works

What method do you want ? (And sorry for telling so many elements of my life, sometimes it is releaving)
Looking for Pili

TheMagicalBlueEye

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 02:53:05 PM »

[ author=Rb137 link=topic=22663.msg118450#msg118450 date=1556029769]
There is also the chance that Giotikas could increase his prices over the coming years and his stryde package at the moment is extremely good value so I want to lock that price in. 

I think it's more likely that he'll do it rather than not, just because of inflation.

177cmm

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 02:57:35 PM »

Ciekawe jak go splacisz XD
Robota w DE? Nie rób żartów.

TheMagicalBlueEye

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 03:07:38 PM »

Honestly no this is not a rich country medium salaries are about 1500 € a month minimal salary is 1200 € my mom wins 2000€ and my father 3000€ (they won’t help me)

It's still way better than polish average of circa 600 euro in terms of real wage (PPP is quite similar though)

TheMagicalBlueEye

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 03:08:57 PM »

Ciekawe jak go splacisz XD
Robota w DE? Nie rób żartów

I neither work in manual jobs or through agencies.

177cmm

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 03:13:31 PM »

Well so how much overall u make per a year?

TheMagicalBlueEye

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 03:16:24 PM »

Almost 40k per annum.

GrowTow

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 07:08:13 PM »

Almost 40k per annum.

With a 40k job you should easily be able to take out a 50k loan. You'll just need to show your payslips for the whole time you've been working so they can see that you have a stable job. You'll also need to prove that you will still have your job when you're back from surgery. That way they know you're capable of paying off the loan.

You'll be able to pay it off in less than 5 years. Just save 1/4 of your salary each year.
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

verticalpush

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2019, 12:41:23 AM »

OP, I'm not sure if you were asking about specifics, but I applied with about 4 different personal loan providers in the same day. This probably only helps people who are in the U.S. because most of these providers require a U.S. address. I applied for >$50k, with approximately a 4 year term. From best rate to worst rate according to interest rate/APR:

1. SoFi. They offered 8%
2. LightStream (Suntrust). They offered 9%
3. Wells Fargo. They offered 11%
4. Prosper. They charged an expensive (maybe 2%?) origination fee and only issue loans up to $50k, so I didn't even bother.

I went with LightStream because I didn't know the APR of SoFi. SoFi wouldn't tell me the rate unless I gave them my bank information to automatically deposit the funds. I wasn't about to automatically agree to the loan without them telling me the APR! On the other hand, the process with LightStream was great and they were very upfront/honest about everything. It wasn't until after I took LightStream and the SoFi loan expired that I found out the APR on the SoFi loan. That is frustrating, but oh well. I suppose I can always refinance after a couple years. Something else to know is that LightStream will beat any other offer by .01% APR if you do a "Rate Beat" PRIOR to funding the loan.

From what I've read, you need a high credit score for SoFi and LightStream. They weigh your credit score more than other factors, but you'll definitely need proof of a good enough income.

Hope this helps!

Astronomy

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2019, 03:18:07 AM »

In my country,I can only sacrifice my house for only $70k...So that's a long way to clinics like Paley's
I’d like to collect money for LL straight.I don't like the feeling 'f being in hurry to repay debt

Bonez

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2019, 06:22:39 AM »

From what I've read, you need a high credit score for SoFi and LightStream. They weigh your credit score more than other factors, but you'll definitely need proof of a good enough income.

I agree with this, I applied for a loan with Sofi  and I made good money, but my credit history is not long (good score just not a long history). They only offered me a maximum of 25,000$. It's actually 23,000$ something after fees, and of course I need to take some of that and put it aside so I have money for the monthly payments until I can work again. So it's only about 17,000$ I can actually apply towards my LL.   :-[

With a 40k job you should easily be able to take out a 50k loan.

I'll admit I'm an amateur at this but I'm sure you need an extremely long and rock solid credit history to get an unsecured cash loan in the amount that is more then what you make annually. If there is a way to make this happen I would get LL tomorrow. I'm currently finding ways to improve my credit situation I'll try to make a thread about what I find out so others can position themselves better to get a loan for LL

Brazzy

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2020, 06:29:55 AM »

Hey mate, how did you go with the loan and surgery? I'm also from Australia and very interested in how you're going as we have a pretty similar situation. Hope everything went well and if it hasn't happened yet then best of luck! PM me if you prefer. Cheers mate

Brazzy

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2020, 06:34:07 AM »

I'm partly funding my CLL with a loan. For me to undergo stryde on femur's with Dr. Giotikas it will cost me around $70k AUD for the surgery alone so I took out a $30k AUD loan and the rest ($40k) will be what I have saved up for it. I think it's a great option as you can get the surgery done when you are younger and able to recover quicker, recover and move on with your life at your new height quicker etc.

Let me know if you need any advice.

Hey mate, how did you go with the loan and surgery? I'm also from Australia and very interested in how you're going as we have a pretty similar situation. Hope everything went well and if it hasn't happened yet then best of luck! PM me if you prefer. Cheers mate
Pages: [1]   Go Up