Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tibial Lengthening, which doctor should I find?  (Read 7856 times)

iwanttobetall

Tibial Lengthening, which doctor should I find?
« on: January 06, 2014, 09:22:41 PM »

My budget limit will be around 32000 EUR.

Can stay close to doctors for 5-6 months, and don't mind wearing fixators longer as long as I can walk without crutches after returning to school.

Don't mind external or internal, but prefer smaller scars.

Expect 10-12 cm grow...

Proportion isn't really an issue for me because as an Asian my tibia looks shorter than femur (more than other races I suppose). I care more about function though.

I've contacted Dr. Salameh and Jamal, also Beijing but no reply - and seems like Jamal can't be a choice after 2014  :'(

Opinions?

BilateralDamage

Re: Tibial Lengthening, which doctor should I find?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 09:30:43 PM »

10-12 cm on tibias!?  :o

I can't wait until you read this post a few weeks from now and realize how silly you sound after doing some research.  Don't worry, we all went through the same phase.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 09:39:06 PM »

My budget limit will be around 32000 EUR.

Can stay close to doctors for 5-6 months, and don't mind wearing fixators longer as long as I can walk without crutches after returning to school.

Don't mind external or internal, but prefer smaller scars.

Expect 10-12 cm grow...

Proportion isn't really an issue for me because as an Asian my tibia looks shorter than femur (more than other races I suppose). I care more about function though.

I've contacted Dr. Salameh and Jamal, also Beijing but no reply - and seems like Jamal can't be a choice after 2014  :'(

Opinions?

If you care more about function then you will not want to lengthen 10-12cm on your tibia. Lengthening that much you are surely going to run into problems, likely lifelong ones at that. Best to split between two surgeries. Shoot for 6cm or so on your tibia and see what your doctor tells you. After that, save up again to give yourself time to recover and to save money before going for femurs. It will be much safer in the long run than doing all that on your tibias.

Dr. Salameh is a good choice apparently, but you will be wearing the frames longer due to them being purely external. Keep in mind that if you did 12cm on tibia with purely external frames you could end up wearing those things for up to 2 years.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

iwanttobetall

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 10:21:11 PM »

If that's the case, I might choose to do 8 cm with Salameh, and after I graduate and start working, do another 7 cm on femur with Jamal.

I think for femur it's better to do internal, but I do not want to lengthen my femur for my first time. It makes people look like hominid... I have no offense here.

iwanttobetall

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 10:27:55 PM »

By the way, I say 10-12 because Salameh said his equipment can do 13 and Beijing said theirs can do at least 10 lol.

Like Dong-Mei she did 12 cm right?

Seems like I really should do some researches...

iwanttobetall

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 10:52:01 PM »

If you care more about function then you will not want to lengthen 10-12cm on your tibia. Lengthening that much you are surely going to run into problems, likely lifelong ones at that. Best to split between two surgeries. Shoot for 6cm or so on your tibia and see what your doctor tells you. After that, save up again to give yourself time to recover and to save money before going for femurs. It will be much safer in the long run than doing all that on your tibias.

Dr. Salameh is a good choice apparently, but you will be wearing the frames longer due to them being purely external. Keep in mind that if you did 12cm on tibia with purely external frames you could end up wearing those things for up to 2 years.

As long as I can walk without crutches, I don't mind even wearing them for 3 years lol

Taller

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 11:39:38 PM »

Why won't Dr. Jamal be an option after 2014? Is he still gong to be doing CLL?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 11:44:41 PM »

He just raised his prices for 2014, so TC won't be able to afford him.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

iwanttobetall

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 11:48:07 PM »

It's just for me personally. Because the price goes up too fast. Originally when he started it was like only 19000 USD, last year 39000 USD, and now just past 2014 it has become like 45000 USD with all other fees changed from USD to EUR but remains the same number. (i.e. 1000 USD -> 1000 EUR; 2500-3000 USD->EUR)

Taller

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 11:51:26 PM »

It's just for me personally. Because the price goes up too fast. Originally when he started it was like only 19000 USD, last year 39000 USD, and now just past 2014 it has become like 45000 USD with all other fees changed from USD to EUR but remains the same number. (i.e. 1000 USD -> 1000 EUR; 2500-3000 USD->EUR)

Ouch. It really does look like the days of cheap and safe LL are quickly grinding to a halt  :'(.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 12:30:08 AM »

10cm is a lot to do but it's doable.  People have done 10cm in Beijing and I saw them do it.  I did 7.5cm and probably could have done more.

Here's Wang Bei's contact information:

leglengthening@aliyun.com
+86 13621226277 (office)
+86 1083685806 (mobile)

It seems several people have been having issues with not getting a response from the email address on the Beijing Institute's website lately.  If I had to guess, most likely Roger Li is busy with other things in the UK and not monitoring it as closely as he should.

iwanttobetall

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 01:38:53 AM »

10cm is a lot to do but it's doable.  People have done 10cm in Beijing and I saw them do it.  I did 7.5cm and probably could have done more.

Here's Wang Bei's contact information:

leglengthening@aliyun.com
+86 13621226277 (office)
+86 1083685806 (mobile)

It seems several people have been having issues with not getting a response from the email address on the Beijing Institute's website lately.  If I had to guess, most likely Roger Li is busy with other things in the UK and not monitoring it as closely as he should.

Thanks man :D
I actually have used the same email you posted in another thread XD

I think another possibility might be New Born Orthopedics. Their LON and ISKD prices are way more affordable to me, and they do 8 cm internal. Furthermore their total includes accommodation which is a major turn up for me!

iwanttobetall

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 08:56:16 PM »

So, after analyzing my needs, I think Dr. Salameh will be the best option for me.

Here are some personal criteria:

1. Not minding wearing external fixators for prolonged time as long as I can walk without crutches in 7-8 months, right before I go back to school.

2. Accommodations - he's gonna find me an apartment with 450 EUR/month price if I will be staying there for 6 months. This is a turn up to me because I don't like to live in public places like hospitals. It gives me way more flexibility to do my own stuffs (as preparing for MCAT, university proficiency exams, and having Skype singing lessons lol).

3. It's lengthening range is in my desired range.

4. Not multiple surgeries.

5. Cost - even with the latter knee bending, muscle, and equinus foot correction surgeries, it's still within the limit of my budget. And the 8,000 EUR possible correction fee doesn't have to be paid in advance.

PrettyTall

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 01:42:46 PM »

Hello Can you be more specific about prices ,Can a person return home after the surgery ?

iwanttobetall

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 02:44:16 AM »

Hello Can you be more specific about prices ,Can a person return home after the surgery ?

For Salameh, yes you can go home after the surgery but it is not recommended because he can help treating anys small complications only if you stay locally.

Salameh's price = around 34,000 USD not including accommodation + around 450 EUR per month for single room apartment & electricity & speedy internet + food expense (+ 8000 EUR if you need correction surgery for bending knees and equinus feet after lengthening, esp. for those going more than 8 cm)

Beijing's price = 33,000 USD including 4 months accommodation, 2 bed room in hospital. They're raising their price though.

Jamal's price... 33,500 EUR for 5 cm lengthening not including accommodation, 1 cm more = 2500 - 3000 EUR more, and apartment usually around 1,000 EUR per month.
Pages: [1]   Go Up