Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: FINALLY FIXING MY LEFT LEG WITH DR. MONEGAL IN BARCELONA- JULY 2,2015  (Read 106183 times)

Nightwish

Re: FINALLY FIXING MY LEFT LEG WITH DR. MONEGAL IN BARCELONA- JULY 2,2015
« Reply #248 on: March 06, 2016, 06:53:17 PM »

Is it me you're looking for? I can see it in your eyes, see it in your smiillle, you're all I ever wanted, and my arms are open wiiiiide.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

crimsontide

« Reply #249 on: March 06, 2016, 07:23:40 PM »

how am i misleading??

doingitforme has said he  would not do it if he knew now how  it would be

that is not misleading

yellow has said himself he has issues. his own words

you are also saying that if you 7 cm you are screwed... good

but if you do 5 cm, you still might be screwed... that's the point

kirkp1, post videos of yourself walkind downstairs, squatting, etc

i dont care about words. the proof of the pudding is in the tasting

nightwish.... paco and musicmaker wrote long messages that for some reason they thought was private..... , so they realized they had posted in public, and deleted the messages

alps

« Reply #250 on: March 06, 2016, 07:43:31 PM »

hey crimsontide, can you post a video of you walking? we are all curious to see.

crimsontide

« Reply #251 on: March 07, 2016, 12:26:42 AM »

i cant even edit my posts now, ugh... my computer auto corrects me so much. it's annoying as hell... changes were to was,etc

not sure about a video...ill think about it

ppatient

• banned - clone account
« Reply #252 on: March 07, 2016, 04:46:41 PM »

I am very sorry to hear your problems but why are you generalising this?Many people can move quickly,run better with time.
Yes this surgery is ver risky.Its a gamble.With 1 litle mistake in the surgery you can just screw your life.And a surgery for only cosmetic reasons.But still,many people doing it and will do.
Im just trying say-hopefully-it shouldnt be so bad and risky for a small amount of lengthening.
My mental pain is really bad right now,i doubt that physcial pain will be worse than mental after lengthening done.

1 little mistake and your life is screwed. I agree. Look at Crinsomtide and MusicMaker for example, and many others I have read about (Doingitforme, Cooper, DOingitforMe...). Be careful when choosing your doctor, but choosing a good doctor doesn't guarantee anything. This surgery is a gamble. Peaceout has reason.

ppatient

• banned - clone account
« Reply #253 on: March 07, 2016, 11:48:42 PM »

walking downstairs is such an ordeal

my quality of life now has plummetted. my function is greatly reduced

not sure how good right leg can become ,which is depressing me

walking downstairs is so difficult. life is not worth living if it stays like this

no one should get this surgery. its ruined the last 2 years of my life

this site contributes to the problem. id be much better off if i never heard of dr shah

if i cant get back to  normal relatively soon,that's it.. it's just not worth it living like this. others might be ok  being taller, but not being able to move quickly, or not running, or walking downstairs with great difficulty, but not I

Hi ppatient! I'm fine. I'm currently using crutches. I had problems in the past, but recovery is good so far. Dr Monegal's medical team was very supportive.

Poor man... Shah sucks. More than 2 years recovery is unacceptable. People don't want to accept this surgery is a gamble and you have many chances of ruining your life. Some patients delude themselves into thinking they are OK but it's evident for everybody that they aren't. Medical teams are sometimes supportive, sometimes they aren't... but your life is screwed anyway. A recovery of 2 years or more like in your cases is unacceptable.

crimsontide

« Reply #254 on: March 08, 2016, 01:04:33 AM »

hasnt been 2 years yet for me

truthfully....   1 year is too long.... its just not worth it... ill never get this time back

for me to walk and run, im likely gonna need a prosthesis.. people should think about that

itll be kinda cool walking and running around with a below the leg prosthesis after   dealing with this  ty leg... but  if i had known   what wouldve happened, wouldnt have done it

i mean, i might as well have gotten a prosthesis in the first place and skipped this bull

I'm just looking forward to walking fast, and  jogging...

crimsontide

« Reply #255 on: March 11, 2016, 04:49:33 AM »

nothing new to say. condition hasnt gotten better

ill be seeing paley soon just to get x rays, prognosis.

i did about 23 straight very low squats...  but that fried my legs. left leg makes noises, hurts

then walking downstairs is a mess... the left leg hurts now.

i should have not gotten my leg "fixed" tbh... has not helped, and now i have some pain i didnt have before, maybe because of the nails

walking upstairs is not the same  as it was before, but definitely better, and i can do it, unlike  going downstairs which is a disaster

if i cant fix myself and walk normally, my l quality of life will be forever destroyed

texasbruce

« Reply #256 on: March 11, 2016, 09:50:08 PM »

ill be seeing paley soon just to get x rays, prognosis.

i did about 23 straight very low squats...  but that fried my legs. left leg makes noises, hurts

then walking downstairs is a mess... the left leg hurts now.

i should have not gotten my leg "fixed" tbh... has not helped, and now i have some pain i didnt have before, maybe because of the nails

walking upstairs is not the same  as it was before, but definitely better, and i can do it, unlike  going downstairs which is a disaster

if i cant fix myself and walk normally, my l quality of life will be forever destroyed

DO NOT ASSUME your problem. Do tests. bones. Tendon. Muscles. Nerves may or may not heal but it might take years if you REALLY have nerve damage.

You are making noise when squatting which is an indication of your tendon misalignment, which tellls you that you need to work on your muscles as every physiotherapist will tell you the same.

After all Why didnt you go to any orthopedist in US instead of going to monegal even you have insurance?

crimsontide

« Reply #257 on: March 12, 2016, 12:51:18 AM »

nerve damage is not assumed... its there

and its been nore than a year, and has gotten worse if anything

drs will tell you that after a year, thats pretty much what youre stuck with  when it comes to nerve damage.  the % of people that get recover from nerve damage after a year is very low

ankle arthritis,  etc

tendon damage isnt going to be fixed unless its through surgery... dr shah cut and lengthened  the achilles

we'll see what happens... but im focused on totally fixing the right leg

left leg has too many issues... not wasting years trying to fix it when its  likely it'll never get better

texasbruce

« Reply #258 on: March 12, 2016, 08:13:19 AM »

nerve damage is not assumed... its there

and its been nore than a year, and has gotten worse if anything

drs will tell you that after a year, thats pretty much what youre stuck with  when it comes to nerve damage.  the % of people that get recover from nerve damage after a year is very low

ankle arthritis,  etc

tendon damage isnt going to be fixed unless its through surgery... dr shah cut and lengthened  the achilles

we'll see what happens... but im focused on totally fixing the right leg

left leg has too many issues... not wasting years trying to fix it when its  likely it'll never get better

Too many assertions made here and I don't know where you get those... Hope you be good. Can't help you here

ppatient

• banned - clone account
« Reply #259 on: March 13, 2016, 12:30:27 AM »

Perhaps Monegal couldnt fix anything because of Dr Shah's mess but he should have recognized from the beginning that he couldn't help you. Perhaps he had other hidden interests (getting your money and / or using you as an ad for getting patients from this forum).

Going to Monegal was a waste of time and money for you, in my opinion.

By the way, I prefer other doctors, but I have nothing against Monegal. I dislike some of his patients, though. They act aggresively as a mob.

LLCaptain

« Reply #260 on: March 13, 2016, 03:38:44 AM »

My psychologist couldn't cure my height neurosis. She should've recognized from the beginning that she couldn't help me. Maybe she did it to sleep with me/take advantage of me.

Jk, don't do LL unless you can afford Paley guys.

Dr Monegal

• Account Deactivated
« Reply #261 on: March 13, 2016, 10:31:40 AM »

Hey LLuser or ppatient, Or whatever You want To be called.
I don t know The interests Of The forum. But as I told You before Your first ban, since people like You are preferred To post here, rather than real patients or doctors This place Is none Of My Interest.

I Feel free To post here because I speak with Crinsom almost everyday. You can ask him If I wanted To make money, because I paid For The nail To fix his S shaped leg. His Was a 4 hour surgery (Try To put a straight rod in a S) And I Did not make money out Of That. Ask American doctors about their Fees.
Promotion? Sounds funny. Having Your name in The Title Of a thread Of a person who had LL Is considering amputation Is probably not The best Promotion. But If You read carefully i only Did a osteotomy, nerves and tendons were already damaged. This Is an allignment method To prevent future arthritis.

I have Also offered him to come and perform EMG, US and all type Of tests he migth need To have a proper diagnosis about his muscle and nerve issues. I Will Take care Of That. So Please do not give opinion To attack me, about someone who You don t know, who Is having a very hard time and who deserves Respect.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 11:00:54 AM by Dr Monegal »
Account Deactivated "I am no longer participating in here."

theuprising

« Reply #262 on: March 21, 2016, 09:23:48 PM »

Hi Crimson you mentioned a few times that tendon lengthening causes long term issues, can you please link any studies to this that you read.
All I've found are ones related to people with chronic tendon pain and kids with palsy so for them anything is better than their current situation.

Cooper

• If it was easy everyone would do it!!!
« Reply #263 on: March 24, 2016, 09:30:41 PM »

Hey LLuser or ppatient, Or whatever You want To be called.
I don t know The interests Of The forum. But as I told You before Your first ban, since people like You are preferred To post here, rather than real patients or doctors This place Is none Of My Interest.

I Feel free To post here because I speak with Crinsom almost everyday. You can ask him If I wanted To make money, because I paid For The nail To fix his S shaped leg. His Was a 4 hour surgery (Try To put a straight rod in a S) And I Did not make money out Of That. Ask American doctors about their Fees.
Promotion? Sounds funny. Having Your name in The Title Of a thread Of a person who had LL Is considering amputation Is probably not The best Promotion. But If You read carefully i only Did a osteotomy, nerves and tendons were already damaged. This Is an allignment method To prevent future arthritis.

I have Also offered him to come and perform EMG, US and all type Of tests he migth need To have a proper diagnosis about his muscle and nerve issues. I Will Take care Of That. So Please do not give opinion To attack me, about someone who You don t know, who Is having a very hard time and who deserves Respect.

If anyone needs to be ban that is MONEGAL. I wonder how you sleep every night after destroying so many patients limbs, life and giving them false hope. I am sure many more will come to this forum and expose your illicit practice.

And I was your patient. What you have to say to me? Never see any doctor in my life fighting with patient actively in the forum. one word disgusting!

LLuser- I appreciate coming forth and laying the truth. I am willing to take serious action if necessary. I am thinking to take action against this doctor either here or in Spain. Do not shy away and stay strong!
Starting Height: 160
Gained Femur: 6.9cm (Dr. Paley)
Right Tibia Goal: 5.5/6CM

crimsontide

« Reply #264 on: April 04, 2016, 07:33:38 PM »

Left leg still the same

It also makes very loud cracking noises, as if it's out of place

Getting an x ray soon, and seeing A dr here

I have a feeling the left leg still has bone issues. I doubt it's aligned correctly, and likely have a length discrepancy now

Also, no matter how much I try, I can't seem to even jog, or run upstairs. I'm not slow going upstairs, but nothing like before, where I could just  fly upstairs.  Monegal says it just takes time, but I don't know. I've done exercises, practiced going up and downstairs, and still nothing. I can't jog either, which after 2 years  is more than a little annoying.

If I can't even  jog,   this surgery was a huge failure

I really think most of these Drs have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, or just don't care

theuprising

« Reply #265 on: April 05, 2016, 12:05:22 AM »

Left leg still the same

It also makes very loud cracking noises, as if it's out of place

Getting an x ray soon, and seeing A dr here

I have a feeling the left leg still has bone issues. I doubt it's aligned correctly, and likely have a length discrepancy now

Also, no matter how much I try, I can't seem to even jog, or run upstairs. I'm not slow going upstairs, but nothing like before, where I could just  fly upstairs.  Monegal says it just takes time, but I don't know. I've done exercises, practiced going up and downstairs, and still nothing. I can't jog either, which after 2 years  is more than a little annoying.

If I can't even  jog,   this surgery was a huge failure

I really think most of these Drs have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, or just don't care

You were talking about amputation before, are you still doing that? How much longer will you give yourself to improve?

crimsontide

« Reply #266 on: April 05, 2016, 12:36:57 AM »

well, the left leg is not well

i limp, and cant walk on it much, as he foot hurts

ankle arthritis doesnt really hurt yet, but limits movement.. theres definitely still a deformity in my left leg

when i walk downstairs especially, my left foot and leg go outward.

weak overall as well

I'm gonna see Paley then decide

i

Bob

« Reply #267 on: April 05, 2016, 01:24:31 AM »

crimsontide

« Reply #268 on: April 05, 2016, 01:44:16 AM »

bob, thank you for your thoughtful comment

chineseguy

« Reply #269 on: April 05, 2016, 01:47:58 AM »

i thought dr monegal is fixing it already?

maximize

« Reply #270 on: April 05, 2016, 01:50:36 AM »

Sounds a lot more and more like nerve injury from the original surgery and whatever went wrong with it are the primary underlying issue. How is your sensation to your skin on the leg? Is it the same as the other side? Have you gone for nerve conduction studies and/or EMG?

If Monegal operated to straighten your deformity, I would bet it is as straight as it is going to get. However, straightening the leg won't correct pre-existing nerve damage or muscle scarring. If your leg was severely atrophied and scarred, it could take years of physio to regain strength in it.

The next step for you is nerve conduction studies and EMG with a good neurologist/physiatrist to exactly determine how bad the nerve damage is or isn't.

In brief, do you have any idea how the nerve damage was done to the leg? I believe you had the frames off too soon and suffered a massive fracture/bend in the bone? Was that the moment you felt the nerves (sensation/strength) immediately failed?

Bob

« Reply #271 on: April 05, 2016, 03:13:22 PM »

:) crimsontide, I just removed my earlier comment to you because I found the
answer in some of your earlier posts.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 04:50:49 PM by Bob »

crimsontide

« Reply #272 on: April 05, 2016, 03:50:10 PM »

The nerve damage is from the achilles surgery I thought

But it might be due  to both the achilles surgery and deformity.

I thought it was sural damage, as part of my outer left foot is a bit numb, but might be more extensive

I had achilles surgery, then both legs had a cast on them for maybe 8 or 9 weeks.  After I took the casts off, I noticed the left foot was a bit numb
 and that my legs were atrophied  . Can't do therapy in these casts , as the leg is locked in place.  Took me a year to regain a lot of my strength back.

I don't think it's going to take years of  therapy to get the strength back, and scarring  can be fixed

I feel if the leg doesn't improve after a few months of therapy, that's it... Not going to improve ever

The right leg has no limp, and while not 100% yet, it is much better than the left leg. There's no limp, leg feels like a normal leg

I'm wondering if the casts   have played a large role in my long recovery

I have a few major issues I'm concerned about

1- achilles/calf strength... Walking barefoot is not normal, and when I put on sneakers,   walking feels 100x better

2-  making sure my right leg is near 95 to 100% ,  as I'm not very confident in my left leg's ability to recover

3-Getting left leg fixed, which imo can only occur with a prosthesis.  My left leg is just too weak

I assume physical therapy would still be beneficial, and get my right leg near 100%...  Very doubtful about the left leg

I think there's a screw irritating my left leg now too

My left leg did not look normal on my last x ray,so will get another soon.  I have a strong suspicion the left leg is shorter now

The length discrepancy is another reason I'm seriously consider below the knee amputation. The discrepancy  would only be fixed by more invasive surgery, and that's only going to disturb the nerves even more

I might take a video later to show what my left leg does when I walk downstairs

maximize

« Reply #273 on: April 05, 2016, 04:16:15 PM »

You need an xray to check the post op alignment and a nerve conduction and emg test for the nerves. Start there.

Lgazer

« Reply #274 on: April 05, 2016, 10:36:35 PM »

@Crimsontide, you are most experienced in Limb lengthening. Would you say some people doing this surgery recovered 100%? Which are the worst results you've seen?

crimsontide

« Reply #275 on: April 30, 2016, 11:34:08 PM »

This will be  my last, or next to last post

I wanna give advice to the members here

I can be rude sometimes, but it's only because I know how dangerous this surgery is

Ij get very aggravated when I see   members being lied to about this surgery, or  claimed  great recoveries with zero evidence

I went through this surgery, as did others such as Sweden

My walking is still very bad, and  already had a consultation with a prosthetist, and Dr. about below the knee amputation

My push off power  has a severe deficit

I see some of these new patient  threads, and they resemble infomercials

Do not get your medical advice from this site.   

You may dislike me, but I'm telling you all the truth.

This surgery is not safe. You may get an ok outcome, you may get a very bad outcome. The odds are overwhelming that you will never be close to 100% again, and you  will realize your life has not changed as much as you thought it would

Good luck to all,

Crimson

theuprising

« Reply #276 on: May 01, 2016, 04:30:16 AM »

What did the doctor and prosthetist have to say?

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #277 on: May 01, 2016, 02:00:26 PM »

This will be  my last, or next to last post

I wanna give advice to the members here

I can be rude sometimes, but it's only because I know how dangerous this surgery is

Ij get very aggravated when I see   members being lied to about this surgery, or  claimed  great recoveries with zero evidence

I went through this surgery, as did others such as Sweden

My walking is still very bad, and  already had a consultation with a prosthetist, and Dr. about below the knee amputation

My push off power  has a severe deficit

I see some of these new patient  threads, and they resemble infomercials

Do not get your medical advice from this site.   

You may dislike me, but I'm telling you all the truth.

This surgery is not safe. You may get an ok outcome, you may get a very bad outcome. The odds are overwhelming that you will never be close to 100% again, and you  will realize your life has not changed as much as you thought it would

Good luck to all,

Crimson
I hope you can passing throught difficulties by the way have you consult with Paley or Rozbourch to find out the best solution with out amputation?

crimsontide

« Reply #278 on: May 10, 2016, 07:09:55 PM »

The Drs have said I have a severe  strength deficit  in my ankle.

Still need to do a few tests

I've been looking at achilles replacement. I've read different peer reviewed articles, and the outcome seems to be very very good; recovery % in the 90's

The issue is that  you need to find a tissue specialist.. Most of these Dr's that do LL are bone specialists, and have never done a surgery such as the one I need

I'll tell you another thing.  Certain Dr's become much less responsive after you announce you're leaving the forum
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up