Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: FINALLY FIXING MY LEFT LEG WITH DR. MONEGAL IN BARCELONA- JULY 2,2015  (Read 106059 times)

Datum

Re: FINALLY FIXING MY LEFT LEG WITH DR. MONEGAL IN BARCELONA- JULY 2,2015
« Reply #310 on: October 11, 2017, 08:51:23 PM »

Still waiting for Monegal to take the rod off
My walking Is fine but a bit  exasperating trying to get this rod out.   

I'm about to say forget it and go to another Dr to do it. That's all there really is to say now.

He wants new patients to get money from them. You're not interesting anymore. Same with other patients.
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

crimsontide

« Reply #311 on: October 12, 2017, 01:29:40 AM »

I can walk fine right now

At this point I'd have to say that I would not recommend Monegal if you want lengthening. My situation was a bit different. I just needed a unilateral correction so I was not totally immobile and  it was not really necessary to follow up. I want the rod removed for various reasons but I could be ok with it in

If you need a correction I'd  give Monegal a conditional recommendation.  If follow ups are a necessity for proper recovery I'm going to say go elsewhere. If it's a one time deal then  you'll probably be fine

Lengthening, I'd have to say no. Ultimately you have to decide for yourself

ub40

« Reply #312 on: October 12, 2017, 04:21:24 AM »

Hey crimson, thanks for the detailed diary. Just want to clarify something, after you did the surge with dr Monegal, were you able to walk unaided after 4 weeks? And were you walking unaided prior to the surgery with him?

Thanks man, I'm kind of in a similar situation as you, multiple surgeries and still misalignments and I just can't lose any more time
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

crimsontide

« Reply #313 on: October 12, 2017, 05:50:06 AM »

Hey crimson, thanks for the detailed diary. Just want to clarify something, after you did the surge with dr Monegal, were you able to walk unaided after 4 weeks? And were you walking unaided prior to the surgery with him?

Thanks man, I'm kind of in a similar situation as you, multiple surgeries and still misalignments and I just can't lose any more time

definitely  much longer than 4 weeks. . Gonna take a year or 2 to fully recover. Don't believe 4 weeks or 4 months.  Fractured legs don't   completely heal  in this time period

ub40

« Reply #314 on: October 12, 2017, 06:04:50 AM »

So does the nail make no difference when it comes to support?

Can you tell me when you started walking without crutches, and were you walking unaided when you saw Monegal? I'm not asking for total recovery. In your diary you mentioned you went to Morocco was that in a wheelchair?
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

Datum

« Reply #315 on: October 18, 2017, 11:20:26 PM »

I can walk fine right now

At this point I'd have to say that I would not recommend Monegal if you want lengthening. My situation was a bit different. I just needed a unilateral correction so I was not totally immobile and  it was not really necessary to follow up. I want the rod removed for various reasons but I could be ok with it in

If you need a correction I'd  give Monegal a conditional recommendation.  If follow ups are a necessity for proper recovery I'm going to say go elsewhere. If it's a one time deal then  you'll probably be fine

Lengthening, I'd have to say no. Ultimately you have to decide for yourself

Monegal for lengthening IS a bad option. He never admits his mistakes. When correction he is better but also bad. Follow ups are always a mess with him. Once he gets your money you have to wait for years to get his answer. He fakes empathy but he hates patients. Helloworld and MM defended him in the forum but he sold their asses to German and badmouthd them. He's not a good person.
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

fokid

« Reply #316 on: May 04, 2018, 05:33:50 PM »

hi crimsontide.

did you have the hardware removed? how well have you recovered now?

crimsontide

« Reply #317 on: November 26, 2018, 02:17:59 AM »

Well, everything turned out fine. Achilles lengthening was definitely a mistake, but   all is now fine.

I am in great physical condition and walk  11-13 km/ 5 miles a day. I have zero limp and walk  very fast. It's impossible to  notice that I ever lengthened. I'm not sure if I can run, as I've yet to really try, but  I probably could.

Bagirov  is a very good doctor. If you're mature, I'd recommend Him. Avoid India.

With regard to Monegal; My correction turned out fine. I still have the device in my leg, though I might eventually have it removed. Monegal said he'd do so at no cost. I  just read that thread about Monegal and am not going to dispute their stories, but my experience was positive.

I never think about height anymore and since   my insecurity was the reason for the surgery, it was most definitely a success. I'm around 5'9, so I'm not tall, but that's okay. I have zero interest in gaining more height.

Good luck to all.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 02:43:08 AM by crimsontide »

cheekycabs

« Reply #318 on: November 26, 2018, 03:26:27 AM »

Hi Crimson, I am replying here instead of PM as I'm only limited to 2 PM's in an hour.

I'm not sure how different your situation is, but I have seen Dr. Bagirov twice in the entire 2 months, and he's said a total of maybe 20 words to me. At the surgery, and 1 month afterwards for my xray. He doesn't give ANY advice at all when I ask him, or even try to address problems such as the ones I sent in PM. The ONLY answers I got were "it's going great!", this statement didn't include a recommended lengthening speed or anything. His underlings are who I have to speak to on Whatsapp, they also don't really address any problems. My schedule, which wasn't revised after the first x-ray is still 2 turns a day.

Anyway I don't understand why you think I can't read, I'm reading your advice just fine, but I wanted to know if we're near the same kind of progress or if you were dealing with the same kind of issues 2 months in. Unfortunately I cannot "just listen to my doctor" because he barely fking exists in the first place.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up