Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL with Dr. Salameh 2014  (Read 7142 times)

Morpheus34

LL with Dr. Salameh 2014
« on: June 25, 2015, 06:25:36 PM »

Hello friends

I have lengthened more than 9 cm with Dr. Salameh 2014 in Frankfurt.  Will post X-Rays later, hope to get removed the Fixator soon. Walking is quite good now, can walk with barefeet after stretching.

Greetings Morpheus

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 07:12:34 PM by Morpheus34 »

microman

Re: Leg lenghtening Dr. Salemeh 2014; 9cm
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 06:36:50 PM »

christ 9cm!

that's really risky man, hope it works out.

did salemeh not suggest to you to stop at 7cm!

Morpheus34

Re: LL with Dr. Salameh 2014
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 05:46:39 PM »

Hello friends

I have done new X-Rays, 15 month after the initial operation. What do you think?
Starting height was 1.73, now about 1.82 cm. Walking (unaided) is better, although still a little mechanic and hip swaying. Can do several kilometres a day. Physio said, hip swaying is because of muscle weakness. 

Greetings Morpheus34

microman

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 05:49:15 PM »

wow you were 173, interesting, but yeah 182 is pretty huge gain, let's hope it all works out.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 09:51:23 PM »

Looking good from what I can tell.  Nice-looking regenerate (especially in the fibula) and proper alignment.

8)

G-Man

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 09:57:38 PM »

Wow, that top screw is almost at the joint on the last x-ray!

Joel

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 11:43:07 PM »

bump how is it going now??
5'5 manlet of peace

Morpheus34

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 03:13:54 PM »

Hey Friends

After New-Xrays, Dr. Salameh and Dr. Schmidt gave me ok for removal of the fixator. Fixator removal will be on 2 th of November in Königstein. Countdown is running! :)

Some good tips:

- Taking glucosamine is really good, if you have knee/ankle/muscle problems (pain).

- Exercices with body weight are usually more effective than stretching exercices without body weight for ballerina (f.e. pull the feet back).

- Passive/isometric stretching is the key for ballerina Treatment. Night splint is good.

I will do an update after removal.

Greetings Morpheus

Morpheus34

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 05:14:35 PM »

Finally it's done, yesterday the fixators were taken off in the hospital of Königstein ;D Dr. Schmidt has done the operation. Operation went good, I could instantly walk unaided after the operation (after resting a bit in the wakening room). It's a very good feeling to be fixator-free, especially after such a long time in fixators. But the amount of lengthening 9cm was also quite big and I had a lot of ballerina.
Legs are feeling very light without the fixators. Dr. Schmidt told me, that left foot flexibility has to improve further (dorsiflexion), there is still a deficiency, we have to look how/if it develops without the fixators.

Greetings Morpheus

Penguinn

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 06:20:54 PM »

That has to be one of the most phenomenal recoveries recorded, seeing as how you did 9cms.

Morpheus34

Re: LL with Dr. Salameh 2014 (Operation 31.3.14)
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 01:12:52 PM »

Hello friends

Yesterday, I could remove my bandage from my legs. It's a strange feeling, to see my legs without the fixators after such a long time. Walking is better without the fixators, legs feeling lighter. My main concern is my left foot and the still insufficient dorsiflexion.

Dr. Schmidt told me in the hospital in Königstein, he can do Achilles surgery if the left foot (dorsiflexion) doesn't get better now the fixators are off. I will do a lot of physio and stretching and look if the left foot gets to a normal range in an acceptable time frame.
After the whole process is finished, I will write an objective review of the whole lengthening experience with the two doctors.

Greetings Morpheus

NB

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2015, 03:59:24 PM »

Hello. congratulations ) I hope, you will manage your problem with left leg soon...

when I had a ballerina abt 7-8 cm, I m told when the fixators will be removed, my heels will touch the ground. it seems, the doctor was wrong
My doctor was: Fahri Teymurkhanly
Pre-surgery height:  146 cm (Did surgery on May 05, 2015)
Post-surgery height: 153 cm (Removed frames on May, 2016)
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4484.0

Alittletooshort

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 12:51:02 AM »

Hey Morpheus,
I assume your tibias are now longer (or at least even) than your femurs. Does this cause any problems? Do you think you will ever get back to the shape you had before your surgery? Can you run? Are there any pic of you, perhaps on the old forum? I´d be curious about your proportions.
Greetings

Morpheus34

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 11:03:54 AM »

Hello Alittletooshort

My tibias are still a little shorter than my femurs, cause I had very short tibias to start with. 
There are studies, in which the average femur is about 9-10 cm longer than the average tibia, therefore it isn't as unusual.
(f.e. Strecker et. al 1996: Length and torsion of the lower limb; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9393924)

I hope to get back to my shape before my surgery. At the moment, it's still a long road to go, cause my dorsiflexion in feet is still limited (especially left foot) and I have to get rid of it. I haven't tried to run yet, cause it's only 3 weeks since removal of the fixators and I don't want to overload the legs.  Muscles in legs also have to regrowth. I do a lot of physio.   

Greetings Morpheus

Morpheus34

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2015, 05:07:27 PM »

Hello Friends

Now, it's nearly 5 weeks since the fixators are removed. I like my new height and I do a lot of hard training (legs, hips and also upper body) to reach a good fitness level.
A few days ago, I was in the fitness studio and I liked my new heigth in the mirror and also the upper body/arms (I did a lot of weight training the last months).

Legs become stronger, also my hip muscles. I have the impression, my ankle/foot mobility is getting better (also left), but there is still a hard road to go. When I walk downstairs, you can see there is some motion of the hips. My physio said, it's a compensation move, cause the left foot has still not enough dorsiflexion. Upstairs is much better.

Today, I will go partying, now the fixators are off 8)

Live your dreams!

Greetings Morpheus

Thequietone

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2018, 07:39:16 PM »

How much did it cost in total?

Have you got any pictures left before and after?

Did you just lengthen your tibia or femur? How many cm?

Do you know if dr. Salameh is still available in frankfurt germany?
Pages: [1]   Go Up