Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Leonid N. Solomin (St. Petersburg, Russia) 2015 Update  (Read 38977 times)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Dr Leonid N. Solomin (St. Petersburg, Russia) 2015 Update
« on: July 01, 2015, 07:52:48 PM »

Doctor information and response from Dr Leonid N. Solomin, located in St. Petersburg, Russia.
Note: Previous Thread Linked Here http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=844.0

Before we begin to discuss your questions, I ask you kindly to take note of the following.

You should be ready for some inconvenience:
- Our Institute does not provide an official invitation and other visa support. You need to get a tourist visa by yourself. Most we can do: at personal consultation give you an advisory opinion (in Russian!) that you need in the operation and indicate the expected period of stay in Russia.
- The language barrier. Most of the Russian population does not speak English. This applies to the staff of our institute, including administrator and coordinator. All documentation - in Russian.
- The Institute does not have transfer possibilities: from and to the airport, etc.
- The Institute has no hotel.
- Usually Institute cannot provide prolonged stay (because of the large number of patients). Maximum 2-3 weeks. If a longer period is required, it must be booked in advance (without the certainty of a positive decision).
- It would be better to be close to the Institute for whole period lengthening or correction of the deformity. If you cannot extend the period of hospitalization, you should book a hotel or rent an apartment.

Preliminary consultation in outpatient department of our Institute is obligatory! On the basis of this preliminary meeting, we will make a decision about the possibility and expedience of your hospitalization.

Believe me, please - the amount of your questions will be increased after each of my answers. Therefore, after the first three answers I always insist on in-person consultation.

I ask you to kindly understand that our Institute is a federal government organization. First and foremost, we must treat the citizens of Russia. The Institute has a big queue (up to 2-4 months) for hospitalization. Theforefore, I recommend you to order a turn ASAP. To do this, you should tell me about your wish. Within three days I'll let you know the date of your hospitalization. You'll have to come for a consultation 3-5 days before. I work in the outpatient department of our Institute every Wednesday 16.00 - 17.30. If together we will make a decision for surgery, you go to the department in date. If you do not accept the decision, you return home; no penalties for refusing hospitalization.

1) What is the recommended amount to lengthen?
-  On average, 3-6 cm for femur and lower leg: depends on the initial extremity length: the longer the initial length, the greater the elongation possible. The optimal elongation is 18-20% of the initial segment length over one stage, which corresponds to 6-7 cm for the lower leg in an individual of height 175 cm.

Unfortunately the more initial length of bone is, the more lengthening can be done. Excessive elongation of the lower legs make the person look like a heron, excessive increase in the length of the lower extremities, even though the segments are in proportion, results in a "short-armed" appearance. Disregard of these considerations leads to unsatisfactory results.

2) What is the total price and LL methods you can perform?
- We can provide Conventional Ilizarov, LON and LATN as well. Possibility of femoral LON and LATN first of all depends on initial mechanical axis deviation.

Cost: Conventional Ilizarov both lower legs (OR femurs) + 3 weeks in the hospital = ~$3-5,000.  LON, LATN ~$3-8,000.

If larger lengthening is necessary we use cross-elongation.

Sequential cross-elongation of femurs and lower legs:
1st step: right femur + left lower leg
2nd step: left femur + right lower leg
Cost for each step: Femur and lower leg frame applying + osteotomy + 30 days in four-six bed ward = ~$3-9,000.

Between the steps you should completely restore your gait. It takes usually 3-5 months.

Note: These prices are very provisional, because depends on many parameters. Details can be discussed at personal meeting only. Treatment of any possible complications is not included in this account.

Really you can leave the hospital in 10-14 days after the operation (even in 3-5 days). Then all further care can be given to you in your town hospital.

3) What is the recovery time?
~ 4 months - >12 months  - depends on many parameters.

Best Regards,
Prof. Leonid Solomin

Brief Profile (From Website):
1986: Graduated from Blagoveschensky State Medical University
1986-1991: Post-graduate education, specialization in traumatology and orthopaedics
1991-1993: Assisstant of Chair of Traumatology and Orthopedics of Blagoveschensky State Medical University
1993-1995: External Fixation Laboratory Researcher at Irkutsky Research Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics
1995-1998: Head of Department of Traumatology and Orthopedics at Irkutsky Region Hospital
1996: Doctor of Science
1998-2000: Head of Department of External Fixation at Irkutsky Research Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics
2008: Full professor of orthopedic surgery
2000-Present: Head of External Fixation Department at R.R. Vreden Russian Research Institute of Traumatology and Orthopaedics (Saint. Petersburg, Russia)

Author of over 350 articles and abstracts, 4 monographs, 46 patents of Russia.

His main field of work is devoted to development, perfection, substantiation and clinical application of external fixation in fractures, non-unions, deformations, defects of long bones, foot and pelvis including congenital and infection problems.

Contact Information:
Leonid N. Solomin, MD, PhD
Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Head of ExFix Department
R.R. Vreden Russian Research Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics
8 Baykova Str., St. Petersburg, 195427, Russia
Phone: +7 (812) 670-8743 / 670-9596
Mobile: +7 (904) 519-3989
E-mail: solomin.leonid@gmail.com
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

microman

Re: Dr Leonid N. Solomin (St. Petersburg, Russia) 2015 Update
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 10:04:07 PM »

Usually after emailing him, he refers you to Dr. kuresh, i will repost the information that i got from him.

The MEDEM Clinic website is here    http://medem.ru/en/
Everyone speaks English there and facilities are much higher than standard, it will include single bed ward.
The clinic has good relations with consulate of Britain, for an additional fee they can issue the invitation letter.
Dr. Kulesh will show you the shop to buy the wheelchair from before your operation.
They can put various size of rings on your legs, so they can be thin/small.
You can discuss with the anaesthesiologist about general anaesthesia options.
2-3 weeks after operation patients leave the clinic in a wheel-chair, they rent an apartment near the Institute called Vreden.
You will choose apartment before operation, there you can specify what you want.
While in the apartment you will get a PT trainer; he speaks English to an okay level, he does PT with you 3-4 times per week, the housemaid comes every other day, she cooks and brings food.
Bandages are also changed in the apartment twice a week.
You are better to use a local bank to get Ruble or Euros out.
During apartment you can call Dr. Kuresh with pay per phone if there is an emergency.
For the removal of device, this can be done at MEDEM or Elizabeth, prices will be given soon.
To summarize, the cost of everything.
Pay via UK bank card
Surgery medem clinc:    ₽350,000.00/£4000
Removal of device   ₽40,000.00/£400   much later on
Pay with Russian Ruble cash or Euro where specified
Rent:                        ₽90,000.00/£1000    for 3 month stay
Realtor help:             ₽20,000.00/£235
Maid:                         €1050/£700       for 3 months of cook meals etc.
Bandage changing      ₽500/£144      £6 per session, twice a week, so £12 a week.
Trainer                      ₽900/£450      £10 per session, happens 3-4 times a week, so £40 a week.

hope this helps,  it seems like a good place but sadly there is only 1 diary and very little is known about this doctor, so he may end up beign like dr. sarin or something you never know, i am suspicious of the incredibly cheap prices though, i have never seen LL as cheap as this.

tx1111

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 07:07:53 PM »

I was PM ing another user about the day to day costs of the op with Dr Solomin vs Dr Barinov.
This has been edited and there are many spelling errors on my part

I am only explaining the day to day to day costs while living in russia with frames during distraction and nails during consolidation. I do not know current prices for surgery at the Clinics, visa costs, nail costs , consultation costs and such.

Here it is he initially asked me:

I calculated the total expense of undergoing primary surgery in MEDEM and then adding the rods in Saint Elisabeth Hospital. In the end, with PT everyday included, LATN in Saint Petersburg ends up being more expensive than LATN in Volgograd -- even if there aren't any complications that would require additional funds (which they cover for free in Volgograd).

Below is my estimate of 6 months stay in either place:

VOLGOGRAD
(EUROS)

EXTERNAL SURGERY 12,500
LATN 2,500
5 MONTH STAY - 5,000
-----------------------------

SAINT PETERSBURG
(EUROS)

EXTERNAL SURGERY (MEDEM) 5,644
LATN (SEH) 3,788
HOSPITAL STAY (2 WEEKS) 1917
TRAINING (2 WEEKS) 677
ACCOMODATION 2,500
FOOD (HOUSEMAID) 1,750
TRAINING 2,175
BANDAGES: 644
CHECKUP: 805
VISA INVITATION: 290
----------------------

Do you think this is pretty accurate?
Mind you, Volgograd will hike their prices up an additional 2,000 Euro from October.

To which I responded:

ACCOMODATION 2,500
FOOD (HOUSEMAID) 1,750
TRAINING 2,175
BANDAGES: 644
CHECKUP: 805

I Assume this is the total for 5 months.if so then

Accomodation. Budget an extra 50 to 100 eur for utilities per month. May need it may not
I pay 27k rubles per month for apartment and utilities.

food. This is correct  (about 14000 rubles per month

training. 600 rubles a day. I use her everyday and that is 320 usd per month. In five months it would be about 1600 usd which is far cheaper than you predicted. That is if you use her every day for the duration of your stay. Due to scheduling, she cant come everyday and I thi k over doing it on my training may have contributed to my complication. In addition to that, during consolidation i will cut back on my time with her drastically. Maybe 2 or 3 times per week. So consider using her alot during distraction only. After thant you will know how to excersicise by yourself, your limits and legs will be stronger so you wont need trainer to guide you.

Bandages. Im not exactly sure how much but during complication (3 weeks) they were abiut  10 to 15 usd per day.
Without complication. Bandage change 2 times per week during distraction at a cost of maybe 10$ per time.

Checkup. During distraction you get a xray every 10-14 days. Cost 1500 rubles plus 500 rubles taxi from apartment. During consolidation every month . Cost same but maybe minus transportation because your more experienced and know the area better.

Budget extra time and money for complication. In my case i have to stay in Russia 1 more month than originally planned because delay distraction. Also spending money on these bandages and medications daily during complication put a not major but still significant dent in my account.

Also depending on type of complication you may need extra stuff. In my case i needed ultrasound 1000 rubles  every week and aspiration in my leg in surgery room 3 times  (1500 rubles). As you can ssee these examinatikns, medications and small "operations" are not expensive individually but they may be frequent if you have a complocatiion.

Almost 700 euros for 2 weeks training is alot. If anything ask for 600 ruble a day trainer. Maybe Medem clinic has better state of the art trainjng but this trainer that I used got the job done.

I told you I satyed an extra 2 weeks in hospital becuase I was scared to live by myself. I now regret spending that money knowing what I know now. About 1100 usd for 2 wèeks at st elizabeth. As long as you can make your way to the bathroom (in my case with 2 chairs and skilping my ass over them while advancing the chairs to the bathroom little by little) thats all you need. That money could have go e to 2 months rent instead of 2 weeks.
Kulesh should stop by and help you and youll get his number, food lady will stop by with cooked food and hire trainer to come every day if your worried about dying and yiur body not being found for a week..
hospital stay at st elizabeth clinic: 4000 rubles a day
hospital stay at MEDEM: more than 4000 rubles a day.

Is LON not an option for you? You basically get 1 huge surgery forst where they do all the major stuff and the frame removal surgery later you wont even need to be hospitalized saving you money on that and your only paying alightly more on 1 surgery.

I know  volgograd 12500 includes 3 months stay but even if you subtract 500 x 3 months your left with 11000 just for externals. The nail prices seem about right.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 10:19:13 PM »

Great info. Thanks for the update.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

dr kulesh

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 08:21:39 PM »

from prof Solomun:
We can provide Conventional Ilizarov, LON and LATN as well. Possibility of femoral LON and LATN first of all depend on initial mechanical axis deviation.
The optimal elongation is 10–15% of the initial segment length over one stage, which corresponds to 4–7 cm for the lower leg in an individual of height 175 cm.

dr kulesh

jfk

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 10:51:31 PM »

No visa invitation and support! That is real bull ! When you had a traumatic operation and you do not speak any russian. Then the say: Go and get your stay in Russia extended. You dont speak russian? We dont care! You can not walk? We dont give a fk...

This clinic should be banned from getting international patients!

Will the doctors help you? No, they dont give a  !

What kind of place is that??? Get some fking visa support and someone to translate in English or just dont offer it for international patients.

tx1111

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 11:23:35 PM »

No visa invitation and support! That is real bullcrap! When you had a traumatic operation and you do not speak any russian. Then the say: Go and get your stay in Russia extended. You dont speak russian? We dont care! You can not walk? We dont give a fk...

This clinic should be banned from getting international patients!

Will the doctors help you? No, they dont give a crap!

What kind of place is that??? Get some fking visa support and someone to translate in English or just dont offer it for international patients.

Visa invitation and support - additional cost

jfk

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 04:07:30 PM »

Visa invitation and support - additional cost

Not for the other hospital.

Overdozer

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 04:24:00 PM »

Not for the other hospital.
As far as I know, there are 3 international patients currently lengthening and all of them choose Elizabeth's hospital, as it's much cheaper. Just ask the doctor I'm sure they know how to help you with it.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Overdozer

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 04:50:19 PM »

Also, regaring the language barrier. I'll help you. You won't be talking much really. You just need to learn or save a few phrases.

"bolit, daite obezbol pozhalusta" - hurts, please I need painkiller injection.
"hochu srat, pozhalusta vedro" - I need to crap, please bring me crapbucket

That should be it. I doubt you'll be discussing Dostoevsky with them.

Or you could be even cooler and avantgarde. Open this text-to-speech application http://www.oddcast.com/home/demos/tts/tts_example.php and paste the following:
пожалуйста, не могли бы вы обезболить? сильно болит - please, I need a painkiller injection, it hurt really bad

мне нужно по большому, а ходить не могу. Не могли бы вы помочь? - I need to poop, but I can't walk. Couldn't you help?

Yea, ain't that cool?

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

aspirant185

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 08:55:15 PM »

Guys, do you really think the visa process will be that complicated ? Just go to the Russian embassy, say you wanna go on vacation to St Petersbourgh and you are all set :)
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

femoral_indecency

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 05:56:30 AM »

Well when they ask you what your duration of stay will be and you reply "5-6 months" they're gonna definitely become more curious and inquisitive. You may also need a clearance for operation consent form from your doctor (preliminary psychiatric evaluation) at home before you are even cleared for the surgery in that foreign country. It would be too easy and thus dangerous if all one was required to do before undergoing a risky and complicated surgery overseas was simply apply for a tourist visa because many people decide to have this surgery on a whim, by having to cross all the red tape and bereaucratic nonsense, it gives the person time to think about what they're getting into.
It is better to have experienced one's share of evils than to have always wondered what could have been.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 06:10:13 AM »

Guys, do you really think the visa process will be that complicated ? Just go to the Russian embassy, say you wanna go on vacation to St Petersbourgh and you are all set :)

That doesn't work in Russia.  For China it worked, though.

Sweden

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 12:15:30 AM »

Will the femoral patients really recover after doing only Classic Ilizarov method? 4-5cm, no nailing.

It seems as such a bad idea after speaking to all the doctors that I've met.

My friend did 4cm under one month on his femurs and they ended up fine, even after doing monorails. He put one nail on his left leg and a plate in his right causing HORRIBLE scars.

I'm just speculating of doing 4cm on my femurs to even out my proportions on my femur-tibia deviation.
Could I do 4cm and only be in frames for 3-4 months maybe?
For around 10.000$ and with a doctor claiming his patients are fine it just seems appealing. I could do it now instead of saving for Dr Betz and do 5-6cm.

/Sweden - speculating....
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Overdozer

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 04:11:39 PM »

Will the femoral patients really recover after doing only Classic Ilizarov method? 4-5cm, no nailing.
There isn't a reason why you shouldn't recover. It's essentially the same thing as doing Ilizarov on tibias, but with the discomfort tripled and also with temporary knee stiffness. I had full ROM 3-4 months post femoral frame removal.

It is a hell though, especially if you want to do bilateral femurs.

Sweden

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 07:09:36 PM »

There isn't a reason why you shouldn't recover. It's essentially the same thing as doing Ilizarov on tibias, but with the discomfort tripled and also with temporary knee stiffness. I had full ROM 3-4 months post femoral frame removal.

It is a hell though, especially if you want to do bilateral femurs.

That's not true. You have no pins in your tibia that cuts through your muscles as in the femurs.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Overdozer

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 10:01:08 PM »

That's not true. You have no pins in your tibia that cuts through your muscles as in the femurs.
You're right, with the tibia you can avoid placing pins through the soft tissue. For what I know though, a stable osteosynthesis implies little pin movement. I haven't seen many studies about this also sadly. I think you should worry more about the actual lengthening, which may cause muscle fibrosis:
http://www.boneandjoint.org.uk/highwire/filestream/15545/field_highwire_article_pdf/0/630.full-text.pdf

Wintersleep

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 05:40:45 PM »

I wonder how much experience with LON they have? I really like the Dr's credentials and of course the price. But It doesn't seem he is the doctor that operates at Clinic Medem anyway and that's the only clinic I would consider.

If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it :)

Overdozer

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2015, 06:29:24 PM »

I'm not sure exactly how much LON he does. But he's operating at Vreden Russian Research Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics (http://www.rniito.org/solomin_eng/), which is the main clinic in Russia that does nailing and plating. All the others mainly use exfix.

He doesn't work at Medem indeed, but he can operate there. Medem Clinic is better in terms of comfort and they also offer visa support, that's why he offers it.

dr kulesh

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 07:41:27 AM »

Dear frends!
You may ask questions to the adress solomin.leonid@gmail.com or kulesh_pavel@mail.ru

Best regards, dr kulesh  :)

growhigh12

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2015, 05:00:08 PM »

im looking to do femurs and tibias at the same time.. will dr solomin perform this?
im looking at just 3cm on femurs and 4 or 5 on tibias.. for proportion sakes..

Sandra

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 01:31:37 PM »

Hi guys, found the link 4 this site from Russian forum. I m not looking 4 doing LL, I m going 2 do legs correction. Now choosing between several doctors. Dr Kulesh is also in my list. But haven't met any of his patients after LL. Only varus leg correction. The results are fine. But there are other doctors in Russia, didn't find any information about them in your site. Barinov was never in my list, because the patients in Russian forum have very bad results after him and he doesn't care.
In the same Volgograd there is dr Teterin which does LL and varus correction and dr Kaplunov also does LL and correction. Kaplunov also is in my list. If to trust his patients, none of them had orthopedic problems after LL and legscorrection.
What about Kurgan. The people in that site say, that Kurgan is terrible now, and the doctors don't care any more about the results after operation. One of the girls in that site still got bad problems with her foot, can't walk normal.

jfk

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2015, 02:12:23 PM »

Hi guys, found the link 4 this site from Russian forum. I m not looking 4 doing LL, I m going 2 do legs correction. Now choosing between several doctors. Dr Kulesh is also in my list. But haven't met any of his patients after LL. Only varus leg correction. The results are fine. But there are other doctors in Russia, didn't find any information about them in your site. Barinov was never in my list, because the patients in Russian forum have very bad results after him and he doesn't care.
In the same Volgograd there is dr Teterin which does LL and varus correction and dr Kaplunov also does LL and correction. Kaplunov also is in my list. If to trust his patients, none of them had orthopedic problems after LL and legscorrection.
What about Kurgan. The people in that site say, that Kurgan is terrible now, and the doctors don't care any more about the results after operation. One of the girls in that site still got bad problems with her foot, can't walk normal.

Hello Sandra,

can you tell us more about these russian doctors. In which city/town are they? And what do they charge for LL?

Sandra

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2015, 02:39:07 PM »

Hi jfk,I ll go on their websites later and write here the prices from their sites. Can leave the links here, but the sites r in Russian

So here is the link for dr Teterins site. It's in Russian, English and French.
http://www.cosmcenter.com/en/index.php
There are photos and contacts. In Russian site where the patients share information about LL and legs correction, they say, that Barinov was Teterins student( he teaches in university also), and then Teterin took him to work to his hospital. Then they had some arguments and Barinov left and opened his own clinic. The Russian patients share their photos on their sites and very upset with results. The prices at Teterin are not as expensive as dr Bagirovs. And the patients can stay in the hospital for a long time or rent an apartment somewhere close to the hospital.

Here is dr Kaplunov s website, it's in Russian but u can put it on google translate.
http://www.каплунов.рф
Works with his father, both are very good doctors.Does LL, bow and X-legs correction, and other orthopedic surgeries. There are some photos of his patients on his site before and after LL.
The prises for LL used to be about 200000 Russian rubles with staying in hospital for 6 weeks. If longer u pay 1520 rubles a day or rent an apartment near the hospital or go back home. If I do correction at this doctor I ll go home after 6 weeks and come back later. The prise is for Russia and ex Soviet Union countries, it might b different for other citizens. Need to ask, but I don't think it ll b too much expensive.
Both these doctors work in Volgograd.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 03:40:45 PM by Sandra »

dr kulesh

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2015, 05:46:47 AM »

Dear friend!
Before we begin to discuss your questions, I ask you kindly to take note of the following.
For patients from other countries we may perform the operation of legs lengthening in two clinics in Saint Petersburg: Saint Elisabeth Hospital and Clinic MEDEM.

In-clinic stage

Saint Elisabeth Hospital (municipal clinic)
Address: Vavilovich str., b. 14 (M Akademicheskaya)
Total cost of in-clinic stage (2 weeks in clinic): approximately 194.000 or 201.000 rubles http://elizahosp.ru/pol-price.html
Cost of one day in clinic: 4.100 rubles (single room) or 4.700 (lux room) http://elizahosp.ru/mini-gospital.html
English speaker staff: absent
Visa invitation and support: no
Papers from clinic: only in Russian
Training: 1.000 rubles for 1 training (additional cost)
Transfer: additional cost

Clinic MEDEM (private clinic)
Address: Marata str., b. 6 (center of the city)
Total cost of in-clinic stage (2 weeks in clinic): approximately 370.000-500.000 rubles
Cost of one day in clinic: 8.532 rubles (double room), 11.340 rubles (single room), 19.872 rubles (lux room)
English speaker staff: present
Visa invitation and support: present
Papers from clinic: in Russian, in English
Training: 2.970 rubles for 1 training (included)
Transfer: additional cost

It is possible to perform the procedure in Clinic MEDEM and transferee the patient to Saint Elisabeth Hospital in 2-4 days after operation.

Out-clinic stage

Training: 1.000 rubles for 1 training (additional cost).
Change bandages: 1.000 rubles for 1 procedure (usually – 2-3 times per a week).
Professor consultation (every 2-4 weeks) - 4.000-5.000 rubles (examinations included).

We can help to rent the apartments (rent is approximate 20-30.000 rubles per month) and about 17.000 rubles payment for realtor. Food (housemaid) - 300-350 euro per month.

Hotel for the patients after operation (we beg your pardon – site in Russian only): (http://www.atomprof-hotel.ru).
Rooms (daily cleaning and breakfast is included in the price): 135.000 rubles per month - 
 food (restaurant) - about 600 rubles per a day x 30 days = 18.000 rubles per mont

This list will be relooked every 10th date of the month.

05 November 2015

Thank you for your attention.
Best regards, dr kulesh.

edit:  excessive links for hotel.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 12:29:08 PM by Admin »

Ghademan

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2016, 06:45:14 AM »

Hi jfk,I ll go on their websites later and write here the prices from their sites. Can leave the links here, but the sites r in Russian

So here is the link for dr Teterins site. It's in Russian, English and French.
http://www.cosmcenter.com/en/index.php
There are photos and contacts. In Russian site where the patients share information about LL and legs correction, they say, that Barinov was Teterins student( he teaches in university also), and then Teterin took him to work to his hospital. Then they had some arguments and Barinov left and opened his own clinic. The Russian patients share their photos on their sites and very upset with results. The prices at Teterin are not as expensive as dr Bagirovs. And the patients can stay in the hospital for a long time or rent an apartment somewhere close to the hospital.

Here is dr Kaplunov s website, it's in Russian but u can put it on google translate.
http://www.каплунов.рф
Works with his father, both are very good doctors.Does LL, bow and X-legs correction, and other orthopedic surgeries. There are some photos of his patients on his site before and after LL.
The prises for LL used to be about 200000 Russian rubles with staying in hospital for 6 weeks. If longer u pay 1520 rubles a day or rent an apartment near the hospital or go back home. If I do correction at this doctor I ll go home after 6 weeks and come back later. The prise is for Russia and ex Soviet Union countries, it might b different for other citizens. Need to ask, but I don't think it ll b too much expensive.
Both these doctors work in Volgograd.

Tetrins or Kaplunov?which is better?

Thank you

ham

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2016, 02:04:56 AM »

Please, give more information about other alternative russian doctors. Thanks!...

kakahi

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2016, 12:27:58 PM »

Would it be possible for a 2016 Update maybe :-\ :-\?

PrettyTall

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2016, 10:36:14 PM »

A 2016 update????

AR

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2016, 10:01:33 PM »

2016 Price update after emailing professor Leonid N. Solomin

Preoperative orthopedic examination

professor consultation – 1.200 rubles
x-ray examination – 4.000 rubles
ultrasound examination – 1.500 rubles

Surgery + 3 days in Clinic

Clinic:
in Int. Clinic MEDEM - 278.400 rubles
+ 8.532x3=25.596 rubles (double room) = 304.000 rubles
+ 11.340x3=34.020 rubles (single room) = 312.500 rubles
+ 19.872x3=59.616 rubles (lux room) = 338.000 rubles
in St. Elizabeth Hosp.
142.000 (single room)
149.000 (lux room)

The 3rd day after operation – the 14th day after operation

Location of the patient:
We recommend:
in hospital (in St. Elizabeth Hosp. - 4.100 rubles per a day (single room) or 4.700 rubles per a day (lux room), in Int. Clinic MEDEM - 8.532 rubles per a day (double room), 11.340 rubles per a day (single room), 19.872 rubles per a day (lux room)
We consider admissible:
in hotel (1.000 – 6.000 rubles per a day)
in apartment (25.000-40.000 rubles a month); the housemaid daily - 7.000 rubles a week, every other day - 4.500 rubles a week, 2 times a week - 2.000 rubles a week
In case of any complications – emergency hospitalization to hospital.

Additional medicines:
We recommend:
Fraxiparine - 1 injection per a day during 10 days after operation (300 rubles for injection in St. Elizabeth Hosp.; in Int. Clinic MEDEM - free of charge)
Pradaxa – 1 tablets per a day from the 11th day after operation (2.000 rubles a month)
Perfalgan – 1 dropper a day 5-10 times after operation (200 rubles for dropper in St. Elizabeth Hosp.; in Int. Clinic MEDEM - free of charge if it is required)
Linex - 6 tablets per a day during 10-14 days after operation (1.000 rubles a week in St. Elizabeth Hosp; in Int. Clinic MEDEM - free of charge if it is required)
We consider admissible:
Fragmin (instead of Fraxiparine) - 4 injections a day during 10 days after operation in St. Elizabeth Hosp. (free of charge)
Pradaxa (for out-patients) – 1 tablets per a day for out-patients (2.000 rubles a month)
Paracetamol (instead of Perfalgan) – 1 tablets per a day (in St. Elizabeth Hosp. - free of charge if it is required, 200 rubles a week for out-patient)
Amoxiclav (for out-patients) – 3 tablets per a day + Linex 6 tablets per a day during 7-11 days after operation (2.000 rubles a week for outpatient)

-------------

Changing bandages:
We recommend:
Changing bandages by doctor - 2-3 times a week (cost of 1 changing bandages - 1.500 rubles in St. Elizabeth Hosp. and for outpatients; 4.320 rubles in Int. Clinic MEDEM (no matter – 1 or 2 frames)
To pay tailoring of a cover on the frame (2.000 for 1 cover). We recommend to buy 2 covers for every frame.
To pay for the foot holders (600 rubles)
We consider admissible:
Changing bandages by patient - 1-2 times a week (cost of materials and solutions – 500 rubles for 1 changing bandages) + changing bandages by doctor once a week (cost of 1 changing bandages - 1.500 rubles in St. Elizabeth Hosp. and for outpatients; 4.320 rubles in Int. Clinic MEDEM (no matter – 1 or 2 frames)
Cover the frames with bandages instead of covers after every change bandages (400 rubles a week)
In case of inflammation the distraction can be slowed down, temporarily stopped, prematurely complete; perhaps, one or several additional operations are required.

Trainings/physiotherapy:
We recommend:
Training every day or every other day with trainer (1 training – 1.000 rubles for 1 training in St. Elizabeth Hosp. and outpatients; 3.000 rubles in Int. Clinic MEDEM)
Buy walkers (3.000-4.000 rubles)
Buy wheelchair (15.000 rubles) and office-chair (5.000 rubles)
We consider admissible:
Self-trainings or trainings with the trainer less than we recommend (1 training – 1.000 rubles for 1 training in St. Elizabeth Hosp. and outpatients; 3.000 rubles in Int. Clinic MEDEM)
Buy crutches (2.000 rubles)
In case of joints stiffness the distraction can be slowed down, temporarily stopped, prematurely complete; perhaps, one or several additional operations are required.

Consultation by professor:
We recommend:
In 5-7 days after the beginning of distraction (in 10-12 days after operation) (x-ray included: in St. Elizabeth Hosp. - 3.000 rubles, in Int. Clinic MEDEM - 5.000 rubles, 2.500-4.000 rubles for out-patients).
The cost of a transfer depends on the place of residence.
We consider admissible:
In 5-7 days after the beginning of distraction (in 10-12 days after operation) (x-ray included: in St. Elizabeth Hosp. - 3.000 rubles, in Int. Clinic MEDEM - 5.000 rubles, 2.500-4.000 rubles for out-patients).

Visa support (only for Int. Clinic MEDEM outpatients):
Payment every month - 3.500 rubles, payment for visa prolongation (usually - once every 3 months) – 17.000 rubles

------------------------
The 15th day after operation – completion of manipulations in frames

Location of the patient:
We recommend:
in apartment (25.000-40.000 rubles a month); the housemaid daily - 7.000 rubles a week, every other day - 4.500 rubles a week
We consider admissible:
in hospital (in St. Elizabeth Hosp. - 4.100 rubles per a day (single room) or 4.700 a day (lux room), in Int. Clinic MEDEM - 8.532 rubles per a day (double room), 11.340 rubles per a day (single room), 19.872 rubles per a day (lux room)
in apartment (30.000-40.000 rubles a month); the housemaid 2 times a week - 2.000 rubles a week
at home

Additional medicines:
We recommend:
Pradaxa – 1 tablets per a day (2.000 rubles a month)
We consider admissible:
Pradaxa – 1 tablets per a day (2.000 rubles a month)
Food supplements

Changing bandages:
We recommend:
Changing bandages - 2-3 times a week (cost of 1 changing bandages - 1.500 rubles in St. Elizabeth Hosp. and for outpatients; 4.320 rubles in Int. Clinic MEDEM (no matter – 1 or 2 frames)
Washing of covers once a week
We consider admissible:
Changing bandages by patient - 1-2 times a week (cost of materials and solutions – 500 rubles for 1 changing bandages) + changing bandages by doctor once a week (cost of 1 changing bandages - 1.500 rubles in St. Elizabeth Hosp. and for outpatients; 4.320 rubles in Int. Clinic MEDEM (no matter – 1 or 2 frames)
Changing bandages by patient - 3 times a week (for the outpatients at home)
Cover the frames with bandages instead of covers after every change bandages (400 rubles a week)
In case of inflammation the distraction can be slowed down, temporarily stopped, prematurely complete; perhaps, one or several additional operations are required.

Trainings/physiotherapy:
We recommend:
Training 2-3 times a week with trainer (1 training – 1.000 rubles for 1 training in St. Elizabeth Hosp. and outpatients; 3.000 rubles in Int. Clinic MEDEM)
To have a walkers (3.000-4.000 rubles) and crutches (2.000 rubles)
To have a wheelchair (15.000 rubles)  and office-chair (5.000 rubles)
We consider admissible:
Self-trainings or trainings with the trainer less than we recommend (1 training – 1.000 rubles for 1 training in St. Elizabeth Hosp. and outpatients; 3.000 rubles in Int. Clinic MEDEM)
To have crutches (2.000 rubles)
In case of joints stiffness the distraction can be slowed down, temporarily stopped, prematurely complete; perhaps, one or several additional operations are required.

--------------------------------------

We recommend:   
Once in 10-20 days (x-ray included: in St. Elizabeth Hosp. - 3.000 rubles, in Int. Clinic MEDEM - 5.000 rubles, 2.500-4.000 rubles for out-patients).
We consider admissible:
Once in 20-30 days by e-mail (for the outpatients at home) - free of charge.

Manipulations in frames (distraction and correction):
We recommend:
Lengthening no more than 10% of the initial length of a bone.
After finishing of lengthening – perform installation of the reduction module, to eliminate translation of bone fragments or deformity (setting the reduction module – 3.000 rubles, remove the reduction module – 3.000 rubles, calculations – 500 rubles for 1 frame at once)
We consider admissible:
Lengthening no more than 20% of the initial length of a bone.
After finishing of lengthening – perform installation of the reduction module, to eliminate translation of bone fragments or deformity (setting the reduction module – 3.000 rubles, remove the reduction module – 3.000 rubles, calculations – 500 rubles for 1 frame at once)
The correction is possible only in the absence of contractures of joints and a possibility of the patient to stand on the straightened legs.
In case of hypotrophic regenerate the distraction can be slowed down, temporarily stopped, prematurely complete; perhaps, one or several additional operations are required.

completion of manipulations in frames – removal of frames
Location of the patient:
We recommend:
in apartment 25.000-40.000 rubles a month); the housemaid every other day - 4.500 rubles a week, 2 times a week - 2.000 rubles a week
We consider admissible:
in hospital (in St. Elizabeth Hosp. - 4.100 rubles per a day (single room) or 4.700 a day (lux room), in Int. Clinic MEDEM - 8.532 rubles per a day (double room), 11.340 rubles per a day (single room), 19.872 rubles per a day (lux room)
in apartment (30.000-40.000 rubles a month); the housemaid daily - 7.000 rubles a week
at home

-----------------------------
Changing bandages:
We recommend:
Changing bandages - 1-3 times a week (cost of 1 changing bandages - 1.500 rubles in St. Elizabeth Hosp. and for outpatients; 4.320 rubles in Int. Clinic MEDEM (no matter – 1 or 2 frames)
Washing of covers once a week
We consider admissible:
Changing bandages by patient - 3 times a week (for the patients at home)
In case of inflammation one or several additional operations are required.

Trainings/physiotherapy:
We recommend:
Training 2-3 times a week with trainer (1 training – 1.000 rubles for 1 training in St. Elizabeth Hosp. and outpatients; 3.000 rubles in Int. Clinic MEDEM)
To have a walkers (3.000-4.000 rubles) and crutches (2.000 rubles)
To have a wheelchair (15.000 rubles)  and office-chair (5.000 rubles)
We consider admissible:
To have crutches (2.000 rubles)
In case of malunion or non-union one or several additional operations are required.
In case of deep infection, one or several additional operations are required.

We recommend:
Once in month (x-ray included: in St. Elizabeth Hosp. - 3.000 rubles, in Int. Clinic MEDEM - 5.000 rubles, 2.500-4.000 rubles for out-patients).
We consider admissible:
Once in 2 months (x-ray included: in St. Elizabeth Hosp. - 3.000 rubles, in Int. Clinic MEDEM - 5.000 rubles, 2.500-4.000 rubles for out-patients).
Once in month by e-mail (for the outpatients at home) - free of charge.

1. To the housemaid the cost of products isn't included in a payment (the approximate cost of products You may look on the website https://www.okeydostavka.ru/spb2)
2. Int. Clinic MEDEM usually provides discounts to the foreign patients. Discount in St. Elizabeth Hosp. is possible too.
3. We assume that it will be cheaper to get a second-hand wheelchair, office chair, walkers and crutches
4. The approximate cost of drugs is specified. You may look on the website http://www.eapteka.ru/
5. We would recommend to assume quantity of money 10-20% more than calculated
6. Surgery + 10 days in Clinic (minimum) in Int. Clinic MEDEM (278.400 rubles + 8.532x10 = 364.000 rubles) in St. Elizabeth Hosp. (142.000 rubles + 4.100x10 = 183.000 rubles)
7. We can perform External Fixation surgery on 2 segments at once
8. In case of complication additional operation costs approximately as much as primary
9. The advance payment is 150.000-200.000 rubles (in St. Elizabeth Hosp.) and 300.000 – 400.000 rubles (in Int. Clinic MEDEM).

- gained 4 cms External Tibias in Russia
- went from 171 to 175
- still recovering and having the frames
-English is not my first language

onemorefoot

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2016, 11:21:47 PM »

So for 5 cm LON what would be the total cost(including accommodation)? Doctors change bandages and pin care always?
Budget will determine my future.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up