Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Leonid N. Solomin (St. Petersburg, Russia) 2015 Update  (Read 39033 times)

ReCKLeSS

• Visitor
Re: Dr Leonid N. Solomin (St. Petersburg, Russia) 2015 Update
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2019, 04:06:21 AM »

I hear MEDEM has already stopped providing the surgery, does anyone know about this?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 05:33:46 AM by ReCKLeSS »

Aedi

• Visitor
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2019, 12:10:14 AM »

Any one been to doctor solomin and Kelush to share with us his diary ?
The cost for Lon close between dr sarin and solomin . I been inspired by Arabic man diary he is doing good with dr sarin . The point here we haven’t heard any more about patients to dr solomin . But we been getting lately too many patients to sarin .

dr kulesh

• Visitor
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2019, 08:53:58 AM »

"I hear MEDEM has already stopped providing the surgery, does anyone know about this?" - really?  :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 10:45:31 AM by dr kulesh »

dr kulesh

• Visitor
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2019, 09:07:27 AM »

hello, dear friends!
we're happy to inform you that in the nearest future (on September) we will restart collaboration with municipal clinic
(at present time we perform the surgeries in 2 private clinics)
in that case the cost of surgery Conventional Ilizarov should be about 200.000 for foreign patients (cost of 1 day in clinic = 6.000)
pay attention, please: municipal clinic can't provide visa extension
if you assume, you will use this offer, inform us now, please: that's necessary for planning the collaboration with clinic

all details (price-list and patients' cases) let's discuss by kulesh_pavel@mail.ru, please

we will be happy to help you
best regards, dr kulesh

dr kulesh

• Visitor
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2019, 10:44:01 AM »

... and you may look cases (with calculations!) there: https://www.straightlegs.ru

we will be happy to help you
best regards, dr kulesh

cena

« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2019, 12:45:09 PM »

Guys save up and get internal LL with Precice or Stryde. In this day and age don't do external methods in Russia. You are already taking risk with LL, so take least risk.

dr kulesh

• Visitor
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2019, 06:22:12 PM »

... interesting and extraordinary opinion  :)

cena

« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2019, 07:13:08 PM »

... interesting and extraordinary opinion  :)

I am glad you agree.

There have been far too many Russian Ilizarov patients here who have had dropped feet, other neurological problems, contractures (both ankle and knee). Most Russian patients end up getting nailing anyway (so they have to deal with frame insertion, frame removal, nail insertion and nail removal - with possible complications from each point). External femur LL seems like torture. You can't do most of the exercises that Precice femur patients do with frame on your femur.

dr kulesh

• Visitor
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2019, 06:20:09 AM »

"I am glad you agree." - why did you say that I didn't say?

California2

« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2019, 06:14:57 PM »

It is so tiresome to read from "cena" or "tlannister" or "guichet-chop" or whatever moniker she uses to troll for Donghoon Lee. 

Can Donghoon Lee be all that great if he needs to hire trolls to speak negatively about other professionals?

Anybody with half a brain knows that Russia is renown for its technical innovations--Russians invented limb-lengthening.

Russians were also the first to employ field anesthesia and modern field surgery. 

Russians developed the theory of chemical structure and the Periodic Table of Elements. 

Russians had the first female doctor of medicine. 

Russians invented vitamins and discovered the first viruses. 

Russians invented the blood pressure cuff, discovered stem cells, and developed the concept of a blood bank.

Russians performed the first human kidney transplant and designed the first artificial heart; they performed the first lung transplant and the first heart-lung transplant.

And they did all of these things before they invented leg lengthening.

It is so tiresome to read the hater's spew.

I have received medical care the world over--the care I received in Russia was stellar.

And yes, I could buy a decent house in the mid-west USA with the money I saved.

Dr. Kulesh is an extremely competent (MD & Ph.D.), kind, and compassionate scientist and surgeon. 

Culturally, he does not fully appreciate the concept of trolls or how to best deal with them.

Nonetheless, if you can consider the adventure of surgery in Russia; then, you should.

cena

« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2019, 07:30:58 PM »

What did I just read?

Why are you defending Russians? I said nothing against Russians. I said to not use old external frame methods for LL.   Recovery is much better with internal weight supporting rods.

And because Russians did some stuff 100 hundred years ago does not mean they should be good at everything else. I repeat, I am not saying anything good or bad about Russians but your arguments are plain out right stupid.

I did not troll Kulesh. It was hard to understand what he wrote. He said my opinion was extraordinary and so I thought he was in agreement. Many good doctors agree that if money is not a problem, better treatment maybe sought elsewhere. He is probably doing amazing work for Russian locals for their deformity problems at low costs.

And if you want to save money to get cheap cost LL to buy a house in mid-west US that's your way of life. I would never let money be a factor in this decision of LL. But for you it was clearly a factor was it not? That is why you bring it up. If you had 10 million bucks then your decision would have been different. If not why you bring up money here?

Lastly, nothing beats US in terms of innovation and technology. That is why millions from every country want to migrate here. Some people including Russians indulge in birth tourism to let their children have a great life.

Good wishes to you for your recovery and keep well!

California2

« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2019, 09:10:56 PM »

Anyone can spout a hostile and uninformed opinion--you prove that point time and again. 

Your uninformed opinions are worse than those of the average uninformed person because your posts are designed and intended to mislead.

What is your expertise with limb-lengthening?  I will answer for you--none.  Your expertise is limited to the 23 posts Donghoon Lee paid you to write plus all the other posts you write on his behalf under other monikers.

What do you know about US innovation and technology?  Did they teach you about it in Korea?

Next, you are not very bright if you do not consider the cost of leg lengthening surgery.  I wrote before that I could have paid $120K for surgery in the US--I choose not to because I did not see the value in it.  Every person who gets elective surgery should consider the costs and the value received for the cost.  In terms of cost-benefit analysis, its is hard to beat a good Russian surgical team.

Because Donghoon Lee fears Russian competition, he pays you to write:

There have been far too many Russian Ilizarov patients here who have had dropped feet, other neurological problems, contractures (both ankle and knee). Most Russian patients end up getting nailing anyway (so they have to deal with frame insertion, frame removal, nail insertion and nail removal - with possible complications from each point). External femur LL seems like torture. You can't do most of the exercises that Precice femur patients do with frame on your femur.

As Dr. Kulesh wrote, you offer an "interesting and extraordinary opinion."

That's polite Russian for "you couldn't be more wrong".  In fact, your comments show you do not even understand the basics of external fixation or its variants.

Stop trying to sell people on what you are or are not trying to do through your posts.  Folks can read what you write.  Most are not as stupid as you hope.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 09:35:01 PM by California2 »

cena

« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2019, 04:34:10 AM »

Anyone even thinking of getting LL in foreign soil like Russia using old external methods please read the diaries of all external patients and compare them to internal patients. Most of these patients report severe complications along the way and then finally disappear. No one comes back and reports and shows a full recovery. It is obvious at this point. Just because multiple people call this out doesn't mean they are all one person.

Compare the Russian external diaries to successful precice diaries like Purushrottam, InFullStryde, MyEvolution, ShyShy, LAGrowin all fast recoveries, no complications along the way and good final result.

As California2 states, saving money is the main reason why people get LL in Russia. Only after doing cost benefit analysis, Russia may seem like a good option.

Again please read California2 diary and other diaries. There is also a member called Android on the board who has had quite sever complications: https://www.instagram.com/p/ByjtKjzHNII/ He only did 5cm lengthening and is in that position. I sure hope he gets back to normal and think he will. But is this long risky route something you want to take? (California2, is Android going through a "normal" process? )

That is why I recommended people to save up money and get LL. It is my opinion. For some, it might be ok to spend less money and recover slowly and not surely for 1 of 2 years but for some that is not acceptable. You will also have to hide from people because of the frames for so long.

(California2, how does "interesting and extraordinary opinion" mean "you couldn't be more wrong" in Russian? Why are you trying to interpret what he wrote? Did he call you tell you this? Please explain how you made this interpretation.)

Again people please open diaries on California2 and other Russian external LLers and see if that is what you want to go through. Take a book and write down the complications each faced and how long they took to recover and how many posted satisfactory evidence of recovery. No one questions the contributions made by Russian surgeons to LL, but it is time the world moves on to newer and better methods of innovation and technology.

cena

« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2019, 04:51:59 AM »

I just read Android's posts and it appears he is from California! If only he had saved up some money to get LL in US he could have been leading life like InFullStryde right now. He seems to be a great guy and I wish him good luck! I am positive he will back to normal soon!

This was Android's update 32 weeks ago and he still hasn't completely improved. Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/Brjemh6h_YX/

The bad news is that I have nerve damage from traction on my left leg--which had femur frame--meaning the nerves were not ruptured, but stretched too much (probably too fast). This lead to lots of pain from the nerves regenerating, and more importantly it lead to temporary loss of motor and sensory function. It's coming back, but very slowly. Currently I feel half of my left calf, maybe an eighth of my foot.

The pain is managed with Lyrica (pregabalin). I was taking five 150 mg tablets per day for a while, but I'm down to three tablets. It was very painful a couple months ago, but now it's not bad at all and I have no trouble sleeping either.

I've recovered muscle, and I've purchased a brace that helps to keep my drop foot in a good position while providing flexibility, so now I can walk comfortably with a cane.

I think Kulesh and Solomin are great and experienced doctors. They are experts at what they do and know it inside out compared to newer surgeons on the block. But technology is always a determining factor. The world moves forward not backwards.

California2

« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2019, 04:03:55 PM »

To Donghoon Lee's Troll:

"Cena" today; "Guichet-Chop" last month; "TLannister" before that; who knows all the monikers you've used in effort to push prospective lengtheners toward Lee.

It is apparent you know very little about external lengthening.  It is obvious you know less about the people you write about.

I met "Android" and spoke with him regularly in St. Petersburg while he was engaged in a cross-lengthening process--his challenges have nothing to do with external versus internal lengthening.  Also, Android could have afforded any procedure--he chose St. Petersburg.

I also spoke with Dr. Kulesh regarding your comments--that is how I know what he meant--not that his comments really needed to be interpreted--you simply chose to act obtuse as if you did not understand.

You have no knowledge, skill, training, or experience from which to make recommendations to anyone regarding elective leg lengthening.

There is no doubt that internal lengthening presents an additional option for many people.  However, to tell people they should or must undergo internal lengthening because the technology is newer is grossly misguided. 

Your position is akin to telling everyone that they need a $1500 MRI when a $50 x-ray will work just as well.

Having the option of either process, I am completely satisfied with my choice to do external lengthening and to save $100K. 

I am extremely disappointed that disinformation trolling is the new marketing and that you are apparently actively involved in that process on behalf of Donghoon Lee.

cena

« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2019, 06:27:05 PM »

I met "Android" and spoke with him regularly in St. Petersburg while he was engaged in a cross-lengthening process--his challenges have nothing to do with external versus internal lengthening.  Also, Android could have afforded any procedure--he chose St. Petersburg.
His complication is not "normal" according to me. It's not acceptable to me to face such a complication and be out of normal life for so long. It is traumatic for not only you but also to your family and friends. You also lose out on time for making money, traveling, career growth.

I also spoke with Dr. Kulesh regarding your comments--that is how I know what he meant--not that his comments really needed to be interpreted--you simply chose to act obtuse as if you did not understand.
WTF? He literally said my opinion was "extraordinary". How am I supposed to understand that it meant that he disagrees with me? You are losing your mind  ;D

There is no doubt that internal lengthening presents an additional option for many people.  However, to tell people they should or must undergo internal lengthening because the technology is newer is grossly misguided. 
It is an additional and a better option. It is not only because technology is newer but because the results speak for themselves. Especially for upper legs, there is no other alternative in my opinion. The ones who leave US and do externals are the ones who don't want to spend so much MONEY. MONEY is a big decision factor.

Your position is akin to telling everyone that they need a $1500 MRI when a $50 x-ray will work just as well.
I disagree. Readers are free to make their own opinion. They should read diaries and look for evidence of recovery.

Having the option of either process, I am completely satisfied with my choice to do external lengthening and to save $100K. 
Yes I know. The $100k you saved is very very important to you. Nothing wrong there.

Kotiki

« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2019, 08:30:05 AM »

Hi, California2

Are you in Russia right now or just corresponding with dr Kulesh?
If you talk to him again, would you mind asking him if he and dr Solomin have any plans offering Stryde in the near future? If not, why not?

California2

« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2019, 01:49:36 AM »

To Kotiki:

Please remember that I am not a spokesperson for Dr. Kulesh or for Professor Solomin or for any member of their team.  Dr. Kulesh handles most of the team's correspondence; therefore, I encourage you to contact him directly.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, as I understood things at the time I had the discussion (about 6 months ago now), the Russian regulators who regulate such things have not yet approved for use internal lengthening devices.

As I also understand things, the Solomin/Kulesh team trained outside Russia and are able to use them; they are simply not yet allowed to use their training and/or these devices in Russia.

For more current information, please contact Dr. Kulesh directly.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2021, 02:48:00 PM »

This is likely the guy I'll be doing 6-7 cm LON on my tibias with next year (assuming certain financial endeavors don't work out). He's an absolute bargain for his skill, experience, and professionalism.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up