Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Augustin Betz (Neunkirchen, Germany) The Betz Institute 2015 Update  (Read 45341 times)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

General Information and response from Dr Betz of The Betz Institute, based in Neunkirchen, Germany. Contact them for specific information and latest updates.
Note: Previous Discussion Thread Linked Here http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=132.0

Process:
Our patients can gain up to 4-5 inches (10-12 cm) in one operation on upper legs (femurs) or lower legs (tibias). Patients may also gain a total of 8-9 inches (20-22 cm) in 2 operations.

1st  operation on femur for 4-5 inches (10-12 cm)

2nd operation on tibias for 4 inches (10 cm). The amount of gain in tibias may vary from patient to patient. In many cases it is advised by Prof. Dr. Betz to lengthen up to 6-8 cm in tibias.

Patients gain an average of 7-10 cm in one bone region at the Betz institute.

The rate of lengthening is 1 millimetre per day. Every 10 days is 1 cm. Patients can gain up to 10 cm (4 inches) in 3 months.

Surgical Techniques
We offer different methods for limb lengthening depending on the individual belongings of the patients. For cosmetic limb lengthening we normally use our own nail "Betzbone" which is working similar to the Guichet nail. We just changed it in a few points: different interlocking, more stability and corrosion free. Also in special cases we are using external fixator. We don't use ISKD anymore because it is very unsafe and not to control.

Precice doesn't offer enough stability to walk without crutches when you do both legs at the same time. Fitbone was our own invention but it also doesn't offer enough stability and also not enough lengthening capacity. Meanwhile "Betzbone" is the best nail on the market with the highest stability and easy to control. It is certified and very safe.

Prof. Dr. Betz is the most experienced limb lengthening surgeon in the world with internal devices. Cosmetic limb lengthening is a routine procedure for Prof. Dr. Betz in which he has performed over 800 procedures approx. 8-10 procedures per month. Every operation has a risk. But this surgery is a used operation for us. We provide limb lengthenings since about 20 years. Complications are seldom and we never had a big complication like infection or loss or malfunction of a limb etc.

Physiotherapy has to be done daily during lengthening period and it is also helpful to do it in advance before starting the surgery. We have a paper with all necessary and helpful exercises to keep your joints flexible.                                         

We encourage all potential patients to come for a consultation and visit our facility (hospital, residential centre, rehabilitation centre), see the accommodations, and meet current patients during different stages of lengthening so that they can see the results for themselves. When patients come for their consultations they have the option of having their picture taken for the purpose of manipulating it for patients to see what they would look like with different gains.

Cost
The whole procedure of both femurs costs approx. 49.100 Euros and covers the entire operation, implants, hospital stay up to 14 days, physical therapy during the hospital stay, and Prof. Dr. Betz post-operative visits. The cost to lengthen both tibias (lower legs) is approx. 52.700 Euros.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or would like to schedule a consultation with Prof. Dr. Betz.

Contact
BETZINSTITUTE
Medi-Tech GmbH
Hermeskeiler Str. 11
66687 Wadern-Wadrill

Tel. +49 6871 921870
Fax +49 6871 921907
Mobil: +49 151 174 279 60
www.betzinstitute.com
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Metanoia

Complications are seldom and we never had a big complication like infection or loss or malfunction of a limb etc.

Wow, Augustin Betz is again spreading his lies. Never had a big complication like infection or malfunction of a limb? What about MasterHY? Not to speak about the many other cases which have no diary. Betz is the most risky of all LL surgeons. He is a careless surgeon and a most despicable human being. He is not to be trusted.

concernedmom

Just looking at the amount of the lengthening seems very risky. Knowing what the complications of the too much lengthening are, how can he do that? Seems the amount of lengthening he is offering is very attractive, but the complications behind it have not been taken into consideration. I am just curios, with people that had complications how much they lengthened.

Chenboy

He is totally terrible

coppkillr

Betz
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 09:51:36 PM »

Sorry it was the wrong forum.
Are there currently patients with betz..?
I want to go with him in october. Thus it would be good to have some Update about current Situation. Thx
banned for blatantly lying that "pro betz diaries are deleted and Blocked often."    wrong,  Pro-Betz diaries are not deleted or blocked here, ever.

Farhad of Iran

• Visitor
Re: Dr Augustin Betz (Neunkirchen, Germany) The Betz Institute 2015 Update
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 12:40:47 PM »

Wow, .... 52000 euros !!!!!!!!!
My height is 186 cm But my wife's height is 157,
I liked his LL surgery but 52000 euros ?????? I do not have 52000 euros.

coppkillr

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 05:54:53 PM »

Man if you go to reliable doc like betz guichet or Paley thats the price
banned for blatantly lying that "pro betz diaries are deleted and Blocked often."    wrong,  Pro-Betz diaries are not deleted or blocked here, ever.

Joel

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 05:17:50 PM »

Bump is he really that bad?  Most people want to do stupid amount of LL anyways he just enables people to do it.  Not really a bad sort of doctor he just seems to understand how people think in this world.  I would only do 5cm, on my femurs with him probably.  Then do Salem for my tibia.
5'5 manlet of peace

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 06:50:59 PM »

I rather go to him than doctors in India.
I've got to do what I've got to do.

becometaller

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 01:33:34 PM »

Some people are against Betz but others say he is awesome. I think he is probably the best option in Europe. Guichet is also ok but I dont like his training programe. 

G-Man

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 07:03:56 PM »

I wouldn't go with a controversial doc but hey, it's your legs!

becometaller

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 08:50:07 PM »

All doctors who do this surgery are controversial

G-Man

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 10:37:48 PM »

Some more than others.

coppkillr

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 06:37:05 PM »

He has most patients. Very less complains.

mrblack

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2016, 09:23:28 AM »

I looked at his website but its down! Is Dr. Betz retired or is the website being revised and updated at the moment? Any informations?

Android

5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

fivetenneeded2016

Has he changed his betz bone recently(He does mention on video-1 though)? I believe constantine had no nail bend issue.
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

Johnson1111

Is this doctor still considered satan by this board? 4-5 inches on femur does seem like alot to allow.

myloginacct

Is this doctor still considered satan by this board? 4-5 inches on femur does seem like alot to allow.

Well, he has always been pretty crazy to allow those amounts. He definitely seems like he is more interested in seeing the results than in you as a patient.

From his recent work: it seems he never told Constantine to limit his lengthening goal of 10cm (if you're reading this, do let us know), and he did 6cm limb shortening on Olivia Jones (it was his work - as far as I'm aware).

Great321

Betz's wife told me via email that they often lengthen 10cm on femur. After that response I decided against Betz.

Johnson1111

Do more people get away with 9cm-10cm on femur than we may have originally thought? Or are alot of the procedures fabricated and there is very little evidence of 9cm-10cm ever being successful? For someone to maintain a decent reputation for a decent period of time and be highly regarded whilst lengthening ungodly amounts, means they must have had some successful outcomes, no?

Seems there were even stories from Sarin where people lengthened 9cm and were "fine" although there were no logs.

YungGud

the price that listed here is just for operation and 2 weeks in clinic,and doesn't include tbe other time (recovery etc)Am i understand it correctly ?
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

Great321

"Die Behandlung der beidseitigen Oberschenkelverlängerung kostet etwa 52.000 €. Die beidseitige Unterschenkelverlängerung kostet ca. 55.700 €.  In diesen Kosten sind die komplette Operation, beide Verlängerungsimplantate, der Krankenhausaufenthalt von ca. 14 Tagen, die physikalische Therapie während des Krankenhausaufenthaltes sowie sämtliche Kontrollen durch Prof. Dr. Betz während der Behandlungsdauer enthalten. Wenn Sie also beide Ober- und beide Unterschenkel verlängern, sind Sie mit dem Betzbone insgesamt bei ca. knapp 108.000 €."

Betzbone
Both femur: 52.000€
Both tibias 55.700€
Including: surgery, implants, clinic stay for 14 days, PT during the 14 days, all check ups during  treatment 

"Die Operation beider Oberschenkel würde sich dann auf ca. 63.000 € inklusive Krankenhausaufenthalt, Implantate und Operation belaufen, die Operation beider Unterschenkel würde ca. 67.000 € kosten."

Precise 2
Both femur: 63.000€
Both tibia: 67.000€
Including (see above)

YungGud

thanks!
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

Johnson1111

Wanting 9cm in femurs is so tempting.

myloginacc

Do more people get away with 9cm-10cm on femur than we may have originally thought? Or are alot of the procedures fabricated and there is very little evidence of 9cm-10cm ever being successful? For someone to maintain a decent reputation for a decent period of time and be highly regarded whilst lengthening ungodly amounts, means they must have had some successful outcomes, no?

Seems there were even stories from Sarin where people lengthened 9cm and were "fine" although there were no logs.

He just has a billion of cases. He does LL in the richest country in Europe.

If he didn't have success stories, no one would go to him. Regardless, 9-10cm is too much for the vast majority of people who want CLL.

To exemplify: one figure I've seen for femur size in this forum was 43cm (don't remember from which poster). 15% of that is 6.45cm. This falls in line with what is "folk knowledge" here: lengthening up to 6.5cm being the safer limit for femurs. The medical literature I've read on LL associates higher risks and complications from and above 20% of your initial bone length.

Someone would need to have 60cm femurs for 9cm to be equivalent (15% of their initial bone length), and 66.67cm femurs for 10cm to be the 15% equivalence. Even then, we don't really know if that is all there is to it - if the soft tissues would really behave/feel relatively the same after having been lengthened relatively the same with higher absolute numbers in one taller person, when compared to the equivalent in a shorter person (those values being lower in absolute numbers).

I know some people don't give a shxt about what I post because they collected all that money "and saw other people being fine", but I just try stating what I read in the medical literature those surgeons themselves wrote after operating on people like us.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2018, 08:25:50 AM »

Betz has new material since about 4-5 years and he seemed to have no more broken or bent nails. His new nail can do full weight bearing and up to 12 cm (4-5 inches)

Also he has got new you tube videos:

Who has got some experience?

German28Years

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2019, 05:00:13 AM »

I had a consultation with Dr. Betz and he was excellent:
* He really answers every question
* He is open to different opinions (i.e. if you question the Betzbone he is willing to discuss - even with people like me who don't have any medical education)
* He did not push me in any directions

Beside the facts already mentioned I have been quiet late at his office (18:30) because of a train delay. Even during these late hours he had a very positive attitude.

Astronomy

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2019, 04:49:56 PM »

Are u kiddin me 20-22cm??I guess no one can go through Betz's death trap

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2019, 10:30:42 AM »

Do more people get away with 9cm-10cm on femur than we may have originally thought? Or are alot of the procedures fabricated and there is very little evidence of 9cm-10cm ever being successful?

I know this comment is old but I want to put my history here for other readers. I did 10cm with Betz back in 2012 (9cm in the left femur, 10cm in the right one) and I'm great. 100% recovery.

I spent months in Germany for this and during that time I met tons of Betz patients. Most did around 7cm to 8cm, but there was a good amount of people doing around 9cm to 10cm like. Betz himself usually would not recommend more than 8. He actually asked me to stop at 8.

My recovery was so good that I actually regret not doing 10cm to 11cm, but hindsight is always 20/20 .

limewalk

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2019, 01:33:59 PM »

Why should anyone trust you? 100% recovery is impossible
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up