Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HAVE DECIDED TO UNDERGO LENGTHENING  (Read 10823 times)

crimsontide

HAVE DECIDED TO UNDERGO LENGTHENING
« on: January 11, 2014, 09:05:45 AM »

A little nervous posting, but here it goes.  I Have wanted to be taller for many years now. I am around 5'6 or  maybe near 167 cm.  I am a good looking guy, but because of my height, it has been extremely difficult  with women. I actually fell in love with a sweet girl, and was supposed to be engaged in 2011, but she broke it off at the last minute,literally.   I  wasn't a perfect companion, but I know that because of my height, she  was much less forgiving of other things, if that makes sense to you guys. She would actually always bring it up.  I met her online, and we got to know each other  without her knowing my true height. I  honestly don't think She would have given me a chance if we had met in person.  To give but one example,  one of her first questions to me was  " how tall are  you?"   When I asked her what she looked for in a guy,  her first reply was that she loves tall men.  I guess it was doomed from the start.   Me knowing that she preferred tall guys also caused me to act in a jealous way, etc..      I apologize for the  long intro, just wanted to explain   what's cauzed me to finally  decide to get this done.   This girl was the love of my life, so   that was the final straw.  I'm sure  most of you know how it is though, the actual reality of being short, which is truly one of the worst  qualities a man can have in the eyes of most. 

I'm  caucasian, so 5'6 while not super short, is definitely short. I've told a few friends about this, and they just do not get it. They are all at least 5'9-6'0, so they can't comprehend how it is being short.   I t really is the equivalent of being an obese woman.     

I  have what I consider modest, realistic goals for my height increase. I am ok with  being 5'9. 5'9 to me is the point where while you might be tall,    height is not an issue anymore. You are not considered short anymore. A world away from 5'6

I have some money saved up, so  am just trying to figure out ehich option I should choose

I've limited it down to 2 or 3

1-   china- external tibia

2- russia-kurgan-external tibia

3- ukraine- inrernal tibia or femur with dr jamal

I  initally wanted to do tibias, as i think it looks better, but i've also read that internal femur is maybe the best and "easiest" option for m what I want. Dr jamal recommended internal femur

I'd love to hear opinions on my options, and perhaps a few other recommendations

Wannabegiant

Re: HAVE DECIDED TO UNDERGO LENGTHENING
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 09:50:24 AM »

If you want to lengthen a lot with one surgery i think internal femur is the best option, i know there was a video of a guy that lengthened 9 cm on his femurs, and he still looked proportional.

I also heard in another topic that Dr. Jamal is good but will increase his prices a lot after the end of 2014, so you should get it done this year if possible.

Finally, I know how you feel. Being short very often overshadows the other qualities that you might have over other men, its the most obvious thing when women compare guys.

Tbh as a 5'9 guy i still feel short though but is probably because of where i live (sweden). Im going to increase my height 4 cms only then im good.

crimsontide

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 10:00:44 AM »

it will be this year, in a month or sooner. I wanns get this over with. i might decide to do more in the future but for now, would like to get as many cm as possible. I'm   getting more and more inclined to just pay the extra for dr jamal and do internal femur.   Everyone keeps saying recovery is much better with internal femur, just  had my eyes on tibia, and external tibia can be really  cheap compared to internal.  I was thinking of the dr from armenia too, but have read some very negative things lately

crimsontide

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 10:11:23 AM »

it seems that if i want to do close to 9 or 10 cm, my only option really is internal femur.. I do not wanna wear external frames for almost a year

Wannabegiant

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 10:20:05 AM »

it will be this year, in a month or sooner. I wanns get this over with. i might decide to do more in the future but for now, would like to get as many cm as possible. I'm   getting more and more inclined to just pay the extra for dr jamal and do internal femur.   Everyone keeps saying recovery is much better with internal femur, just  had my eyes on tibia, and external tibia can be really  cheap compared to internal.  I was thinking of the dr from armenia too, but have read some very negative things lately

Yeah i read some negative things about Armenia as well, but in those cases it was very different procedure compared to what im going to do, so it still makes sense for me (its the only thing i can afford as of right now as well)

People like you who want to lengthen a lot in one procedure, femur is best. And pretty much everybody has said that external femur is a bad idea, so that leaves internal. Its expensive but also faster recovery like you said.

crimsontide

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 10:24:57 AM »

you  are going to dr mirzoyan???  ive emailed him, he does respond fairly fast,etc.  ive read both positive and negative about him. i was initally interested in him because he does do a double break and ive read diaries where some lengthened 6 cm in a month... just not sure if i did that, what would happen after in terms of recovery. i need to be back on my feet as quickly as possible, does not have to be anywhere near a perfect walk, but wanna be able to get around unassisted as quickly as possible

Wannabegiant

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 10:36:47 AM »

you  are going to dr mirzoyan???  ive emailed him, he does respond fairly fast,etc.  ive read both positive and negative about him. i was initally interested in him because he does do a double break and ive read diaries where some lengthened 6 cm in a month... just not sure if i did that, what would happen after in terms of recovery. i need to be back on my feet as quickly as possible, does not have to be anywhere near a perfect walk, but wanna be able to get around unassisted as quickly as possible

Yes, im going to do the double cut as well, because i want to go home again as soon as possible, and double cut speeds up the consolidation as well, so i can remove the frames faster. Since i only lengthen 4 cm, the nerves and tendons wont have to stretch that much even if i lengthen fast. I also dont mind taking a bit longer to recover 100% after frame removal, as i dont play any sport proffesionally right now.

I remember a 6 cm in a month diary with mirzoyan, not sure how that guy recovered though.

if you want more than 6 cm i still think internal femur is the best choice.

crimsontide

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 10:44:21 AM »

has me thinking more about mirzoyan, as jamals prices with the lenth i want, and  housing, etc will really come out to be quite a bit more than mirzoyan.   with the double cut, can lengthen quickly, and as u said, consolidate 40% quicker....   i think i can do 8 cm tibia and be ok, though im aware it will not be easy.. im very flexible right now. when would you be going?

crimsontide

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 10:45:00 AM »

and you think mirzoyan is competent?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 11:20:57 AM »

has me thinking more about mirzoyan, as jamals prices with the lenth i want, and  housing, etc will really come out to be quite a bit more than mirzoyan.   with the double cut, can lengthen quickly, and as u said, consolidate 40% quicker....   i think i can do 8 cm tibia and be ok, though im aware it will not be easy.. im very flexible right now. when would you be going?

I think doing 8 cm tibias is pretty extreme, its probably doable though it might look weird proportion wise, and it might not enable you to recover 100% but im no expert so maybe im wrong about that.

Also if you intend to do 8 cm double cut, i dont think the body can handle to lengthen 2 mm a day for such a long time that is required for 8 cm. lengthening fast seems okay if you dont do it for to long, so you might have to slow down during the lengthening phase.

Dont let me stop you but it sounds very risky and will probably be very hard mentally to be able to do that.

Im going some time in februari to Dr. Mirzoyan, havent booked a flight yet.

and yes i think he is competent enough to be able to do the kind of procedure i intend to do, which is pretty simple compared to what many others have been doing. 4 cm is among the lowest ammount lengthening patients usually go for, but for my purpose its the perfect gain.

crimsontide

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 12:28:20 PM »

you think it would look odd? my tibias are short.  i think long femurs look odd. and   you mean by not recovering 100%, you mean never recovering???

Sweden

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 12:47:23 PM »

Your tibias are not short. You are proportionate.

Your heels are supposed to end up right here:

NOT like this:

Doing double cut doesn't mean your soft tissue can take 2mm/day. The nerves are not just stretched at the osteotomy part. It's being stretched in your entire leg.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

crimsontide

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 12:52:21 PM »

you did 7 cm in india???   very painful??

i realize about the nerves, but also realize a few have done 2 mm a day.  if i were doing tibias now instead of internal femur, id probably  do around the same amount as you.   no one recommends external femur,otherwise id consider that

crimsontide

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 12:58:40 PM »

sweden, i jut looked at more negative reviews of dr mirzoyan.   if yiu wre in my position, would you just do internal femur with dr jamal?

Sweden

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 01:00:15 PM »

sweden, i jut looked at more negative reviews of dr mirzoyan.   if yiu wre in my position, would you just do internal femur with dr jamal?

Hell yes!!

crimsontide

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 01:03:00 PM »

ugh:((((( i know in my head that is the best decision. that if i did this, id be fine in a few months, hes a good dr. its just so much more expensive. and you personally, you would not go to dr mirzoyan  under any circumstances??? 

Smallguy

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 02:17:02 AM »

A little nervous posting, but here it goes.  I Have wanted to be taller for many years now. I am around 5'6 or  maybe near 167 cm.  I am a good looking guy, but because of my height, it has been extremely difficult  with women. I actually fell in love with a sweet girl, and was supposed to be engaged in 2011, but she broke it off at the last minute,literally.   I  wasn't a perfect companion, but I know that because of my height, she  was much less forgiving of other things, if that makes sense to you guys. She would actually always bring it up.  I met her online, and we got to know each other  without her knowing my true height. I  honestly don't think She would have given me a chance if we had met in person.  To give but one example,  one of her first questions to me was  " how tall are  you?"   When I asked her what she looked for in a guy,  her first reply was that she loves tall men.  I guess it was doomed from the start.   Me knowing that she preferred tall guys also caused me to act in a jealous way, etc..      I apologize for the  long intro, just wanted to explain   what's cauzed me to finally  decide to get this done.   This girl was the love of my life, so   that was the final straw.  I'm sure  most of you know how it is though, the actual reality of being short, which is truly one of the worst  qualities a man can have in the eyes of most. 

What city or country are you from? I had a totally different experience when I was 5'6. Plus, I had several physical defects and was not attractive at all. But I still had a few romantic experience once in a while... maybe because of where I live.

In fact, today, I met this girl while having lunch. We had a small conversation. Then something strike me about one of her comments about physique (I'm into workout these days). Then I ask her, what kind of guys do you like? And she said, height and look do not matter. What matter is his personality and establishment (like career etc.). And then I said, I'm not her type at all, because I only drive a honda civic and I only care about a woman's looks. And she's quite attractive, 5'9, skinny, 25 and has a decent office position

But undergoing LL will benefit you in many other ways. Have you decided on the doctor? Look forward to seeing your LL diary here soon.

I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Taller

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 03:53:03 AM »

There's a lot less that can go wrong with internal femurs. You don't have to worry about the fibula, patellar tendon, x-legs, etc. Pretty much the only complication you'll face, assuming you have normal bone growth and lengthen at a reasonable rate, is duck ass, which can always be resolved with time, walking, and PT.

If you have the means to do internal femurs, then this is your best option.

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 10:30:24 PM »

There's a lot less that can go wrong with internal femurs. You don't have to worry about the fibula, patellar tendon, x-legs, etc

Fibula is a bone in the lower leg (tibia). Femurs only have one bone.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Taller

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 11:32:31 PM »

Fibula is a bone in the lower leg (tibia). Femurs only have one bone.

Did you read my comment?

I said there's a lot less that can go wrong with femurs, in part because you don't have to worry about the fibula. That clearly implies that there is no fibula associated with the femur. I've been researching LL for the last year and know what I'm talking about. I just need to raise money and pay for/finish college before I can get my surgery. This is probably a good thing though, because internal femur nails will likely become more available and cheaper in that time. I also get to wait it out as HLN's reputation develops. I'd hate to beta test something as mechanically prone to failure as a hydraulic lengthening nail. Even trials in Belgium resulted in nail breakage sometimes. Anyways, thanks for ensuring that there is no misunderstanding.

Sweden

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 11:57:37 PM »

I really hope too that internals become cheaper.  :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up