Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Alexander Barinov (Volgograd, Russia) 2015 Update  (Read 28302 times)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Dr Alexander Barinov (Volgograd, Russia) 2015 Update
« on: July 08, 2015, 06:54:14 PM »

General information and response from Centre of Anthropometrical Cosmetology (Orthopedical) Cosmetology and Correction.
Note: Previous Discussion Thread Linked Here http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=92.0

Surgical Overview
We practice LON surgery alongside with Ilizarov in our clinic. It means that during the surgery you'll have both nails in your bones and Ilizarov device to give your body more support. It's necessary, as our patients don't use a wheelchair and start walking the next day after the surgery. Walking and exercising are very important for better healing.

Growing 5-7 cm takes about 3 months. If a person wants to grow more, it will take longer time. The advantage of LON method is that after the Ilizarov frames are removed, the person can go back to his country without waiting till his bones heal completely. The nails may stay in the bones for a year and be removed in the person's native country.

Growing 5-7 cm is considered physiological and usually doesn't cause any complications. If the person wants to grow more, the most widely spread complication is a ballerina foot due to a contracture in the Achilles tendon. To avoid this, the person should start stretching before the surgery and follow all the doctor's instructions.

There are some contraindications for the surgery and they are chronic and acute cardio-vascular problems, infections, diabetes, depression, calcium deficit.

Cost
The package price of LON surgery is 14,500 euro for a month's stay in hospital including physio, medicines, accommodation and meals. Each additional month costs 1,000 euro. But I must say that from July 1 till September 30 you may have a discount of 2,000 euro, that is 12,500 euro for a month. The price of nails is not included, they cost 2,500 euros and they are ordered separately in each case.

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
1) How many patients have you operated for cosmetic Limb Lengthening so far and how many patients do you operate yearly?
-We've operated over 200 patients only for LL so far. Our clinic is not large and we can't accept more than 10 LL patients a year. The operating surgeon is Dr. Barinov.

2) What kind of physical therapy is assigned to the patient?
-The patient does physiotherapy while his staying in hospital, these are special exercises which help flexibility of joints.

3) What maximum amount of lengthening do you recommend per segment, regarding patient safety? What is the daily rate of lengthening?
-Surgeons worldwide recommend to grow 5-7 cm, which is considered physiological. On an average patients grow 0.75 - 1 mm a day. Growing 8-9 cm requires up to 9-10 months of treatment. I must say that the process of growing is very individual, some patients stop at 3-4 cm, others grow 9 cm and it's impossible to predict how the body will react to growing.

4) What are your opinions regarding the weightbearing of the patients?
-Some walk with crutches up to the day the frames are removed, and others start walking without crutches 2 months after the surgery. 

5) How often will you follow up with patients during lengthening?
-The doctors sees the patients almost every day and X-ray is done every month to see regeneration of the bones

6) How fast can patients return to normal life (walking without support)? What is the time required to lengthen 5 cm and 7.5-8 cm?
-From my experience I can say that those who have well-trained strong muscles grow harder, their muscles are very rigid. That's why we recommend our patients to stop running and start stretching exercises before doing the surgery.

Contact
Phones: +7 8442 38 39 27 (call from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (GMT +03:00))
Skype name: volga-volga6
E-mail : info@rucosm.com   
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

microman

Re: Dr Alexander Barinov (Volgograd, Russia) 2015 Update
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 07:04:33 PM »

what has changed since last update, can you not do externals anymore?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 07:16:16 PM »

She said they do LON alongside externals at the clinic, so I'm guessing for locals they still do externals. I'm not sure what the exact situation is, but apparently someone mentioned that the clinic doesn't offer externals for international patients anymore because of some new rules at customs. Perhaps you're not allowed to have frames at the airport there anymore? I'll get a clarification from the clinic.

Morgenst.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 08:11:23 PM »

Would you mind asking if that's all international? I know Russia allows certain passports to go through without a Visa so it's kind of terrible policy to limit all international patients.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 12:15:31 AM »

I received a reply back from the client manager, Irene.

"Because of new migration rules, Dr Barinov does LON for international patients. It's possible to do external but the person can stay in Russia only for 6 months. In this case after 6 months, the person can go to Karlovy Vary in the Czech Republic and have the frames removed there though it causes more expenses for the person."

microman

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 12:23:34 AM »

oh right is that the issue with the visa for having to return to russia to get the device removed?

i take it now they have to go to Czech Republic to get it removed, i think we need more details on that one, as in the expenses, the hospital etc. and why exactly Czech Republic of all places?

jfk

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 12:11:24 PM »

I received a reply back from the client manager, Irene.

"Because of new migration rules, Dr Barinov does LON for international patients. It's possible to do external but the person can stay in Russia only for 6 months. In this case after 6 months, the person can go to Karlovy Vary in the Czech Republic and have the frames removed there though it causes more expenses for the person."

IRENE IS NOT THE ASSISTANT OF DR. BARINOV!!! She has no idea. She is seeing Dr. Barinov 3-4 times in a year. Me and many other international patients stayed longer than 6 months.

You can contact Oxana or Tonya for real information.

jfk

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 12:15:11 PM »

oh right is that the issue with the visa for having to return to russia to get the device removed?

i take it now they have to go to Czech Republic to get it removed, i think we need more details on that one, as in the expenses, the hospital etc. and why exactly Czech Republic of all places?

Because many patients dont need a visa for Czech Republic. And there is the partner clinic whose doctors once worked in the Volgograd clinic.

Arch

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 11:18:33 PM »

I have sended 2 emails over a week now, still no respond I used info@rucosm.com   

Antonina

• Visitor
Dr. Alexander Barinov, RUSCOM (Volgograd, Russia) - 2015 Update
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 01:58:42 PM »

1.How many patients have been treated by you for Cosmetic Leg Lengthening?
Over 200 cosmetic leg lengthening and over a quarter of this operations was for medical reasons. Also more than 1500correction of the shape of legs.

2. Which techniques do you use?
In most cases external Ilizarov frames and his technique are used. In some cases we use apparatuses of different designs. As an exception lengthening over nails (LON) is applied. The method to be used depends on many factors and is very individual taking into consideration specific needs of the patient.

3. How much do you your currently charge for cosmetic LL for each procedure? When will these prices change?
For the year 2015 the price of LL on the lower leg is 14,500 euros which includes surgery and one month's  stay in the clinic in a two-bed ward. Then 1200 euros in a month staying in the clinic and medical service.  After 3 months there are several options for a patient:
a) he/she may stay in hospital till the end of treatment paying 1,000 euros for each extra month spent in hospital;
b) he/she may rent an apartment till the frames are taken off;
c) he/she may go home for the period of bone consolidation and come back to remove the frames.
d) he/she may go to a spa in Karlovy Vary in Czech Republic where the frames will be removed (in this case the price is 20,000 euros);
In 2012 we start performing surgery on the upper leg using LON technique. The package price of this surgery is about 30,000 euros.
The nail – 4,000 euros the operation and a week of staying in the hospital.
The cost of bow leg correction is 7500 euros

4. What are the lengthening limits for your procedures?
Commonly, lengthening which does not interfere with proportion between shinbones and thighs is 5-7 cm (2" -3"). Besides, lengthening within this limit is much safer. The maximum lengthening in our Center for cosmetic reasons was 10 cm. Apart from purely esthetic reasons, the maximum lengthening is limited by individual stretching capabilities of soft tissues, as well as regenerative capability of the bone tissue. Lengthening of the femurs is possible only by 5 cm.

5. Do your patients need to do any preparation before for their treatment?
Usually no special preparations are needed. Nevertheless, patients must be physically healthy. Prior to surgery patients undergo general medical examination, ECG, radiography, they have blood and urine tests done. Examination may as well be done before the patient comes to the clinic.

6. Is accommodation included in your pricing?
The price as shown in answer 3 is a package price.

7. Are there any medical conditions that would prevent a potential patient from being accepted?
Absolute contraindications are acute and infectious diseases, exacerbation of chronic diseases, chronic diseases with decompensation of inner organs, some skin diseases and psychiatric conditions.

8. In what percentage of cases do your patients experience complications?
Patients experience some complications in less than 5% of my patients. In all cases of complications timely treatment is carried out.

9. Are complications or unscheduled surgery covered in your costs?
We do not charge anything for treating complications arising in course of treatment, unless these complications are due to the patient's violation of rules of treatment and medical advice.

10. Is there any insurance available to cover the patient's treatment?
No. Cosmetic procedures are not covered by insurance.

11. What is your official web-site?
http://www.rucosm.com

12. How much do you charge for a consultation?
100 euros

13. What is the best way for potential patients to contact you?
Our e-mail: info5@rucosm.com

14. Do you limit your services to people of a certain height?
No.

15. What is your policy for people who are suffering from depression or some other mental health issue, or have suffered from it in the past?
In case of any suspicion about a psychiatric condition a psychiatrist should give his written advice whether it is possible for a patient to undergo a long-term treatment.

16. Is there any other information that you would like to have included?
To book patient consultations and get all information concerning the treatment contact:
Antonina Kumeyko
e-mail: info5@rucosm.com

MRbones

Re: Dr. Alexander Barinov, RUSCOM (Volgograd, Russia) - 2015 Update
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 03:27:55 PM »

well...........these prices....

why do doctors get greedy. it really annoys me when they try to rip us off.

the title should read........... we are giving you an update so we can tell you how much we love to take your money. because your a worthless piggy bank and we just want to take as much as we can get.

microman

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 03:51:19 PM »

whats the deal with frame removal,is that really 20,000 euros lol

Wintersleep

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 07:16:47 PM »

God it's ridiculous how much they charge for the nails. Charge a little extra for the surgery and the cost of the nails sure, but LOOOOOOL and what they claim the nails are costing them. I work for a tool retailer and it would blow your mind how cheap it is to make things (and these are high quality tools). I've seen the company buy high quality industrial nails that sell easily for $22-25/box and the buy them at less then $1 per box.

I'm telling you guys these nails are sooooo cheap to make, it's just the engineering/development side that costs anything. Hospitals just know we are willing to pay ridiculous amounts extra because they are so advantageous to external only.

When you add the costs of Russia now it would be better to go to China which has a better track record. Or India if you need cheap.

jfk

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 10:08:34 PM »

well...........these prices....

why do doctors get greedy. it really annoys me when they try to rip us off.

the title should read........... we are giving you an update so we can tell you how much we love to take your money. because your a worthless piggy bank and we just want to take as much as we can get.

Russian doctors are greedy??? Do you think other doctors like Paley, Guichet or Betz are better? The price is a fking joke for what you get. Dont tell me medical care is more expensive in western countries and so on...

The prices for LL in Russia are very good!

You should complain about Paley, Rozbruch or Mahboubian and not about Russian doctors. They do a good job for a reasonable price!

Stupid complaints!

Go to India if it is too expensive for you!

Morgenst.

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2015, 12:32:32 AM »

Oh this is ridiculous they reduced the 3 month to a 1 month stay? Screw that man, what other Russian doctors would do a frame removal for less than this price? Specifically what's so difficult about removing the frames that requires an LL doctor? Couldn't any MD remove them?

Arch

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2015, 12:51:46 AM »

I was thinking to go to Russia, but now they have nearly increased the price by 50%, I think I'll be heading to India ..

Morgenst.

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2015, 01:37:00 AM »

Guess dr mitkovic is my next option

Arch

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 06:26:43 PM »

Is 14500EU LON also or is it only Ilizarov frames surgery?
So if the quoted 14500 EU is only Ilizarov frames surgery and the nails are NOT included, It'll cost 18500 For LON right?

Superfueled

• 66 inches and 17 y/o.
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2015, 11:48:07 PM »

1.How many patients have been treated by you for Cosmetic Leg Lengthening?
Over 200 cosmetic leg lengthening and over a quarter of this operations was for medical reasons. Also more than 1500correction of the shape of legs.

2. Which techniques do you use?
In most cases external Ilizarov frames and his technique are used. In some cases we use apparatuses of different designs. As an exception lengthening over nails (LON) is applied. The method to be used depends on many factors and is very individual taking into consideration specific needs of the patient.

3. How much do you your currently charge for cosmetic LL for each procedure? When will these prices change?
For the year 2015 the price of LL on the lower leg is 14,500 euros which includes surgery and one month's  stay in the clinic in a two-bed ward. Then 1200 euros in a month staying in the clinic and medical service.  After 3 months there are several options for a patient:
a) he/she may stay in hospital till the end of treatment paying 1,000 euros for each extra month spent in hospital;
b) he/she may rent an apartment till the frames are taken off;
c) he/she may go home for the period of bone consolidation and come back to remove the frames.
d) he/she may go to a spa in Karlovy Vary in Czech Republic where the frames will be removed (in this case the price is 20,000 euros);
In 2012 we start performing surgery on the upper leg using LON technique. The package price of this surgery is about 30,000 euros.
The nail – 4,000 euros the operation and a week of staying in the hospital.
The cost of bow leg correction is 7500 euros

4. What are the lengthening limits for your procedures?
Commonly, lengthening which does not interfere with proportion between shinbones and thighs is 5-7 cm (2" -3"). Besides, lengthening within this limit is much safer. The maximum lengthening in our Center for cosmetic reasons was 10 cm. Apart from purely esthetic reasons, the maximum lengthening is limited by individual stretching capabilities of soft tissues, as well as regenerative capability of the bone tissue. Lengthening of the femurs is possible only by 5 cm.

5. Do your patients need to do any preparation before for their treatment?
Usually no special preparations are needed. Nevertheless, patients must be physically healthy. Prior to surgery patients undergo general medical examination, ECG, radiography, they have blood and urine tests done. Examination may as well be done before the patient comes to the clinic.

6. Is accommodation included in your pricing?
The price as shown in answer 3 is a package price.

7. Are there any medical conditions that would prevent a potential patient from being accepted?
Absolute contraindications are acute and infectious diseases, exacerbation of chronic diseases, chronic diseases with decompensation of inner organs, some skin diseases and psychiatric conditions.

8. In what percentage of cases do your patients experience complications?
Patients experience some complications in less than 5% of my patients. In all cases of complications timely treatment is carried out.

9. Are complications or unscheduled surgery covered in your costs?
We do not charge anything for treating complications arising in course of treatment, unless these complications are due to the patient's violation of rules of treatment and medical advice.

10. Is there any insurance available to cover the patient's treatment?
No. Cosmetic procedures are not covered by insurance.

11. What is your official web-site?
http://www.rucosm.com

12. How much do you charge for a consultation?
100 euros

13. What is the best way for potential patients to contact you?

14. Do you limit your services to people of a certain height?
No.

15. What is your policy for people who are suffering from depression or some other mental health issue, or have suffered from it in the past?
In case of any suspicion about a psychiatric condition a psychiatrist should give his written advice whether it is possible for a patient to undergo a long-term treatment.

16. Is there any other information that you would like to have included?
To book patient consultations and get all information concerning the treatment contact:
Antonina Kumeyko
e-mail: info5@rucosm.com

What is the purpose of this reply? Now this conflicts with the first post of this thread. Oh god, can someone please clarify things before my head spins? What IS THE MOST ACCURATE INFORMATION FOR THIS DOCTOR? :(
weeeee!

ilizarovgirl

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 12:01:42 AM »

What is the purpose of this reply? Now this conflicts with the first post of this thread. Oh god, can someone please clarify things before my head spins? What IS THE MOST ACCURATE INFORMATION FOR THIS DOCTOR? :(

It's an updated information for this Doctor. The first post is not valid. There have been price increase so surgery, accommodation and nails are obviously more expensive.

Morgenst.

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 02:24:30 AM »

Nails not pins does this mean the basic external illizarov remains the same?

ilizarovgirl

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 02:47:39 AM »

Nails not pins does this mean the basic external illizarov remains the same?

The first post states surgery price to be 12,500 and 2nd one 14,500 so it means 2k increase if I got it right.

Arch

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2015, 03:44:07 AM »

And if you want nails so lon or latn it'll cost 4k euro more

ilizarovgirl

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2015, 04:18:07 AM »

And if you want nails so lon or latn it'll cost 4k euro more
Just a little summary so people won't get confused:

the price increase for nails is 1,5k! they used to cost 2,5k and now the price is 4k

Arch

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2015, 02:03:32 PM »

Unbelievable just for locking nails...

needheight

Situation with Barinov in Volgograd
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 06:00:07 AM »

Can someone please explain what the situation in Volgograd is with Dr. Barinov? Can someone neatly lay out what the current prices are now that they have been risen? One of the representatives has E-mailed me frantically apologizing for the "situation" but has not really explained what is going on. I'm trying to understand the price change in dollar amounts. I was set to head out to Volgograd in November but now I have no idea what is happening.

Antonina

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2015, 07:42:31 AM »

Hello. My name is Antonina. I am a new assistant of The International Centre of Anthropometrical (Orthopedic) Cosmetology and Correction.
I updated all information correct. The prices were increase because of unstable rubles. If you have any questions write me please info5@rucosm.com. I'll be happy to help you and explain everything.

Antonina

• Visitor
Bow legs and knock-knees correction by dr.Barinov from Volgograd Russia
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2015, 08:09:21 AM »

The International Centre of Anthropometrical (Orthopaedical) Cosmetology and Correction offers the unique possibility to correct bow legs and knock knees Cosmetic correction (bow legs correction) is done surgically by experienced orthopedic surgeons using a genuine method of deformity correction.

Stages of legs correction: Legs correction surgery (correction of bow legs) is performed on both legs at the same time and consists of three stages: 1 – Operation. Operation is done in turn on one leg and then on another one. First of all a special orthopedic device is put on the leg below the knee. Thin but very strong pins made of special and safe medical steel is drawn through the bone in the upper and lower part of the shin. The pins are fixed on the device rings thus making a firm device-bone system. Afterwards osteotomy (dissection of the bone) is done. Osteotomy is performed by means of a special orthopedic chisel as corticotomy (partial dissection of the most solid bone elements with the least injury to the surrounding tissues). The operation ends in cosmetic suture. 
 2 - Correction. At this stage a slow correction of the legs shape occurs which lasts for a few days. Usually, correction starts on the 5th-7th day after the operation. Its duration depends on the degree of the deformity. A slow and gradual correction allows it to improve the curvature precisely up to the tenth of a degree. It’s the most precise method of all existing at present. Decision to stop correction is made by the doctor together with the patient, taking into account both the patient’s desire and the results of a computer modeling. 
3 - Fixation. This stage is the longest of all. During fixation or consolidation, the corrected bones are held with the frames until complete union of the bones. Fixation lasts about 1 month. During this stage patients are most mobile, they are able to walk without crutches and don’t feel any pain or discomfort. One can see our patients in all popular places in the town. Our patients were able to go around the town and see our popular sights. They go to the cinema, shopping centers, parks, museums and of course Mamayev Mound. Movie theaters, multiple shopping centers and malls, museums and Mamaev Mound are among the most popular activities and destinations. It is not uncommon to hear our patients say that they just forget they have frames on their legs. Radiography is done at the end of fixation stage radiography is done and the degree of union is estimated. If the bone tissue has become solid enough, the frames can be removed. General information on operations for legs shape correction. On an average, the legs correction lasts 50-60 days; however, it may require less or more time depending on various factors such as the individual ability of the body to regenerate, age and/or the patient’s level of activity. Those patients who walk actively and regularly since the very beginning of treatment recover noticeably faster than those who “prefer to relax”. Our absolute record is 42 days from the operation till the frames removal. In general, 55-60 days are sufficient for about 90% of our patients. Legs correction operation is performed either under spinal or general anesthesia. Our patients start walking independently with crutches the next day after the operation. The patients are active, they can serve themselves, for this reason there is no need to have their relatives or accompanying persons at hand. Albeit, we don’t restrict any contact, and relatives and guests can spend their time with patients all day long. Our patients’ should not be less than 16 and no older than 60 years of age. During the treatment, patients should either stay in the hospital, or rent an apartment or stay at a hotel under constant supervision of our doctors and closely follow all their instructions. It’s only in this case that we can guarantee success. 
 By the end of treatment, the patients are able to walk without crutches. 
The patients are able to resume their daily routine and way of life 2-3 weeks after leaving the hospital. Rehabilitation period after surgery for legs shape correction. During rehabilitation, swimming and graduated walking are recommended. A physical load may be increased 2-3 month following the surgery. The operation for legs shape correction leaves only small scars which get practically invisible with time. During treatment we use a special computer system for surgery planning and determining individual parameters of dynamic characteristics of the frames. We will be glad to assist you with any of your needs!
official web-site:http://www.rucosm.com

Joel

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2015, 08:09:17 AM »

SO no more external frames?  LON is not what I want to do, the knee pain is a major turn off imo. 
5'5 manlet of peace

Antonina

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2015, 06:39:57 PM »

Paid services of the International Centre of Anthropometrical Cosmetology and Correction.

Doctor’s advice and medical inspection-100 Euros
Collection of samples, necessary analysis- 55 Euros
External leg lengthening- 14,500 Euros and one month living with provision.
The operation with nail-4,000 Euros and one week hospital treatment
Lengthening Over Nail (LON)- 19,000 Euros and one month living with provision.

Accommodation in the clinic without provision- 700 Euros in a month
Medical services- 200 Euros in a month.
Crutches- 20 Euros.
Provision( food)- from 10 Euros in a day
Visa invitation -55 Euros
The cost of bow leg correction- 7500 Euros

spyratoss

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2015, 10:39:47 PM »

It took them two weeks to respond to me but eventually they did.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up