Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Leg Shortening 2014 -Dr. Sarin- olivetree  (Read 67126 times)

olivetree

Leg Shortening 2014 -Dr. Sarin- olivetree
« on: January 11, 2014, 01:19:50 PM »

By popular request, here I is:) jk lol.

I actually initially came to get information on here and didn't want to write anything about my little journey. Afraid of possible backlash, outrage, etc etc. But truth be told I'm scared and lonely as f!ck over here and getting all my thoughts out to you lovely, understanding people I think will make me feel better. I miss home already and it's only day two. I've been spamming my ex(who I still live with in Japan)(he's the only one who knows) with large anxiety texts but he works a lot so the replies are too infrequent for me.

I got picked up at the airport by a young, kind faced Indian man named Shriq who drove with me in a taxi to the hotel in Super Mart. If this is the hotel everyone goes to at first, holy sh!t. Be warned. Idk, I don't think I'm high maintenance. Just a super clean western girl. There was a baby ckroach taking a pleasant stroll on the sheets when I first walked in. The heater didn't work so I was freezing my ass off all night. The bed itself smelled like an old Indian man slept on it last and they didn't wash the sheets. The bathroom looked like a wet janitors closet and I had to practice breath exercises before I went in there.

Shriq collected me at about 10:30 this morning. We drove for about 40 minutes to the hospital. Let me just say this, India is FREAKING INSANE. I'm trying really hard not to cuss on here lol. According to Shriq, there are no rules on the road, you just drive. Literally. Not 10 seconds go by that you don't hear loud obnoxious honking. I feared for my life a little, scraping next to cars. But tis the normalcy in good ol India. The only notices on the road are from the New Delhi police that read "Don't Drink and Drive" and "Go Slow. You aren't in a Race"(I had to stop myself from busting out laughing at that one) India itself is a lot dirtier and slummier than I pictured for a supposedly large metropolis and the air is smoky and literally smells like someone lit up a gigantic stick of incense.

Dr. Sarin: I only waited for about 10 minutes in the hospital to meet him. We went into a little room and the first thing he said to me, like all you guys, "What? You want shortening? Why?" No F's given, I was just put on the spot like that lol. It was kind of embarrassing and a shock since I've never really asked this question directly by a stranger before. But after a few moments of blubbering my answer he seemed to understand. The only recommendation he had for me was I not do my tibias because of the large scars, and on femurs they're easier to hide. I was aware of this of course, but I asked him where they'd go. One on the upper shin to cut the bone, one by the knee to insert the rod, and a couple small ones near the bottom to insert the screws. So no frames like I expected which was good. (Apparently for 4cm and above he would most likely use frames for extra support). I resigned with tibias though because they're already longish, and I'm self conscious about my thighs as it is. If I did femurs I would be allll tibia, and thats not cute lol. With determination, scars can heal. Plus I'm from Washington so I'm covering my legs 80% of the time.
I went on to ask him about complications. He said there really weren't any, aside from limited mobility at first and that wherever you shorten it's gonna be a little bit bulkier than before for the first 6 months.
As for the Doc himself, I know he's been under a pretty bad light lately, and I can't speak for those who've had problems, but like BigFaker said, ain't got sh!t to do with me. Especially me. I pictured in my head a cold, monotone a**hole but what I got was kind of a bubbly grandpa.

Gossip!: I asked about the brother and sister everyone was mentioning before and how they were doing, specifically the brother who he just did. He said he's doing well and very happy, then gave me a small smile. I believed him.(what a relief for Sarin right?! To be able to say that a patient was actually happy with what he did to them! lol) And THEN he said that the sister was about to get her surgery next week. I was like "what?! she's coming again?" He said that she was already here and getting it on her femurs this time. Cray cray! He said that they came separately these last two times, something about them living together and one of them needed to be home to work and take care of stuff. Sounds like they're more like husband and wife than siblings. Idk why he even told me all these deets. Weird stuff.
But I was relieved to conclude that she was happy enough with the first surgery to actually come back to India and have it again. That's a good sign, right?!

Accommodation: So surprisingly he said that after surgery I'll be placed into a nearby hotel where I'll be assisted 24/7 with maids and a physio. I was a little disappointed I'll admit because I was looking forward to the company of other cripples going through similar ordeals that I could talk to(curb the depression, ya know?). But I think this is because of what BigFaker said about Sarin wanting to eventually get rid of the guesthouse altogether and have everyone in hotels that are on this plan they have with the hospital. And since I'm doing LS there is less of a need for constant care. I told Sarin about my  ty hotel and that I would happily pay out of pocket for a nicer one so he arranged for Shriq to take me. Totally worth it! Clean, warm, HBO channel... haha. If the hotel I'll be staying at next is anything like this, I'll take it over a drab guesthouse. Even better if that girl is there!

Anyway, test and X-rays on Monday, surgery on Tuesday. After getting out a couple cries, eating some bomb kathi rolls, playing Watchmen in the background and writing this all out, I feel a lot better. Thanks guise :3
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 01:31:17 PM by olivetree »

Sweden

Re: Leg Shortening 2014 -Dr. Sarin- olivetree
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 01:46:28 PM »

Wow. You are actually doing it. Good luck with that.

Hehe, so they didn't come in pairs this time  ;D Sweet.

Give my best to Dr Sarin.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 02:27:26 PM »

so wheres your background?
your story that lead to this procedure?
your height, age?
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Claude

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 02:45:24 PM »

Yo girl -)
I say dont you care about others, hust do what will make you feel good.
And be careful !
I want to know how it goes, please keep updating.
PS : i will not do LS because im already a Hobbit yo  ;D

Taller

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 04:31:55 PM »

You go girl! I think you're incredibly brave to follow your dreams and go to India on your own to have this surgery. I hope it all goes as smoothly as possible. And thanks for all the info about your experience. With all the Sarin drama flying around, it's notice to get a report from someone who's unbiased and not part of the whole fiasco. Please keep updating this page! The information you're posting on here about Dr. Sarin is invaluable and goes a tremendous length (no pun intended) to help others. Best of luck, and take care!

BilateralDamage

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 05:36:36 PM »

Good luck olivetree!  I'm excited to read your experience, stay safe and keep updating us when you're bored.  :)

olivetree

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 05:51:17 PM »

so wheres your background?
your story that lead to this procedure?
your height, age?

Good questions! I should probably throw all that in so people get a better understanding of where I'm coming from, and I'm not just some nutzo like Sweden implies ::)

I'm 22. Weight is about 112 lbs. Height is 5'6''. Mainly when I get measured I'm 166cm, which is about 5'5.5''. The reason for this is because ever since I was first measured at 5'6'' when I was 16(?) I was really mad and slouched just a tad bit every measuring after that. I don't stand up straight. And I get away with it. Funny thing is after they're done they usually say "you look much taller."
My mom and my sisters are short. My big sister is 5'4, little sister 5'3 I think, and my mom is a tiny 5'1 Puerto Rican. My dad is a 5'9 white guy. So I have no idea where this genetic vertical boost comes from. Even the women in my extended family are shorter than me. I was always regarded as the tall niece, tall sister, tall daughter, with their big laughs and smiles... And it all felt really condescending. Like I was some freak. I think this contributed to my introverted, shy personality. I felt awkward around other people, like I was the long stick that just stuck out.
I had a small eating disorder phase in high school to lose weight because I believed that if I was skinny I would look shorter. I'm not like that anymore but I still have strict eating habits. I simply prefer the looks of small framed petite girls over tall, broad girls. Thats just my opinion. Because of all the comments aimed toward me I associated being tall with being BIG. I didn't want to be big, NO girl wants that label. Sometimes I even found myself walking next to my short friends with my knees bent to try and match up to them a bit(not attractive, let me tell you). Whenever I was around someone who was significantly taller than me is when I felt the most comfortable and happy. It's just how I'm wired and I can't explain it. Like how drags feel beautiful dressed up as a woman I felt beautiful when I felt short (bad metaphor? lol).
I remember once in high school me and my best friend were driving around with this guy. She was flirting and being a little obnoxious and the guy says "you're the smallest one in this car and the loudest." How is she the smallest?! She was chubbier than me by far. But because she was like, an inch or so shorter than me she's considered the small one. Comments like that haunted me for hours and always put me in a  ty mood. Stupid, retarded things like "can you reach up their for me? I'm too tiny to get it. teheheh", "giraffe", "I though you were like, 6 foot when I met you", "you should model", and countless other things that are hard to mention INSTANTLY ruined my day. Not bashing models, tall or "big" women, as they are beautiful in their own way. But I'm definitely not a model and don't desire to be one. I'm an awkward silly b!tch. Being "tall" too just didn't sit right. And I don't think it's wrong that I chose to recreate my own way.   

Don't get me wrong. I do get "tiny" and "little" comments, but I know they're just talking about my weight. By the end of this I'll be 3 cm shorter, a nice 5'4''. So I won't be on that mind consuming cusp anymore. I'll be normal and I'll finally be able to just be me:)

olivetree

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 05:57:35 PM »

Yo girl -)
I say dont you care about others, hust do what will make you feel good.
And be careful !
I want to know how it goes, please keep updating.
PS : i will not do LS because im already a Hobbit yo  ;D

Maybe I'll ask Sarin to donate my bones to you.. lol!

You go girl! I think you're incredibly brave to follow your dreams and go to India on your own to have this surgery. I hope it all goes as smoothly as possible. And thanks for all the info about your experience. With all the Sarin drama flying around, it's notice to get a report from someone who's unbiased and not part of the whole fiasco. Please keep updating this page! The information you're posting on here about Dr. Sarin is invaluable and goes a tremendous length (no pun intended) to help others. Best of luck, and take care!

Thank you so much! It's definitely a life experience and tbh I'm still tripping balls I'm actually doing this. I'll keep in mind to study this guy hard for you shorties.

Good luck olivetree!  I'm excited to read your experience, stay safe and keep updating us when you're bored.  :)

:) for sure!

BilateralDamage

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 06:12:57 PM »

Your story is more understandable to me than some people who want LL!

I think the problem also exists because you came from a short background and culture, and were used to others being shorter than you.  For a lot of us, it's the opposite, we come from a tall background and are used to others towering over us.  Your insecurities have driven you to this point, and the only solution you see to your problem is having a height reduction, because changing people's opinions around you sure isn't an option.

See, LL and LS are not so different!

Claude

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 06:51:03 PM »

Maybe I'll ask Sarin to donate my bones to you.. lol!

Mmm why not, i just hope i don't end up with bones in my butt.
And then Sarin will be like "NOOoooo problem", "Don'ttttt worry" etc.
Just kidding

Puerto Rican, now thats interesting  ::)
Como estas senorita ?

olivetree

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 10:04:25 AM »

Your story is more understandable to me than some people who want LL!

I think the problem also exists because you came from a short background and culture, and were used to others being shorter than you.  For a lot of us, it's the opposite, we come from a tall background and are used to others towering over us.  Your insecurities have driven you to this point, and the only solution you see to your problem is having a height reduction, because changing people's opinions around you sure isn't an option.

See, LL and LS are not so different!

Spot on, BD! They really aren't. People are just so blinded with the mainstream idea that taller is better. And for some people it is but not everyone feels that way:)

Mmm why not, i just hope i don't end up with bones in my butt.
And then Sarin will be like "NOOoooo problem", "Don'ttttt worry" etc.
Just kidding

Puerto Rican, now thats interesting  ::)
Como estas senorita ?

BAHAHAH! I have yet to hear those words from him. If I do I'll probably think of this and have a fit.
Muy bien!!

olivetree

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 11:42:06 AM »

So I didn't think today would be all that interesting. I was actually warring with myself over whether or not I should go explore outside. I don't want to stay inside a comfy hotel days before going under the knife just cause I'm a wuss. After all, when's the next time I'll be back in India?
Anyway, I get a call from downstairs that Dr. Sahil was here for me. I sent him up, kind of surprised. He said that he was Sarin's financial manager. I've read about him before so I knew who he was. Very polite guy. We talked about payments and then offered to take me to the guest house to have a look around... "Uh, what? lulz." I told him Sarin said I would be in the accommodation hotel. He was pretty sure that noo, I wouldn't be. He also told me my surgery would be tomorrow! Scurrry! I don't even get that extra day I was promised to contemplate my sorry life, lol. So too late to go back now. Better to get this over quick anyway, like a band-aid I guess.
I asked him if he could ask Sarin about this for confirmation. So he called him for me on his phone and let me talk to him to ask about the surgery. He said yes, tests and everything would be happening tomorrow. He then said I would be in the patient hotel because most of the patients at the guesthouse are leg lengtheners and apparently they've gotten upset before being around a shortener. I've never read anything about this on the diaries so maybe someone on here can verify if this is true.(If it is then HA.HA. Really guys? Why can't we all just get along? :P) So I was like "okay, can you tell him that?" I handed the phone back, the misunderstanding was settled, and Sahil asked if I wanted to see the hotel. So we went.
It was a lot like the first one I stayed in:/ maybe a smiiidge nicer. For this it's $1000 a month, which is around how long I'd be staying. I DO have the option of staying at the nice hotel I'm at now, but of course I'd be paying more than that, on top of food, laundry etc.. It was completely up to me. I initially was quoted $2000 for accommodation by Sarin in the emails, so I was prepared to pay that anyway. However, saving an extra 1k sounds really attractive. I'm already in debt for all this as it is. Not really in a position to be choosy, so suck it up I must!
After that he took me to a cute little market, so I actually ended up exploring a little. Yay! :) Bought some snacks and a couple sweet alcohol drinks to try. (I'm kind of a wino, so I've been salivating for a drink since getting here. Don't judge me lol) If you're smart about your surroundings and know the places to go, India really isn't that scary of a place the internet sometimes makes it out to be.

I'll let you guys know how the surgery goes. If I don't die that is ;) buenos noches Chiquitos.

Sweden

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 12:09:30 PM »

Nobody ever had a problem being around shorteners. It was the siblings that had a huge problem with exactly everything.
They ended up suffering real bad from isolation and made up stories that the patients were spreading rumors about them. Then eventually they snapped just like everyone on the first floor was afraid of. I have a great video of them freaking out in my room!  ;D

One of the patients on our floor was a doctor and he used to lock his door bc he was so afraid of them. He predicted that they would eventually freak out.

The brother wanted to beat me when he came in to the room. Too bad he didn't try. It would have been cool to slap his sorry ass  :D

It would be nice to know your feelings around this surgery and what experiences you face.
I'm especially interested if you become super flexible, like Chloe Bruce (Google.)

Are you allowed to have a diary?

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 12:51:23 PM »

Sweden,

If I give you my email address, would you be able to send the video to me? Lol.

P.S: Olivetree, good luck!  ;)

Claude

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 01:38:04 PM »

Ah ah "The brother wanted to beat me", were they two zombies siblings or what ?
Ok i googled "Chloe Bruce Lee" mmm now thats interesting....

I think Sweden is REALLY interested in your flexibility  ::).
Good luck linda...olive tree (???  :o)
Everything is going to be fine  :D

FrankGarrett

• Yew collect callin' son of a bitch, yew.
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 01:56:19 PM »

Sweden,

If I give you my email address, would you be able to send the video to me? Lol.

P.S: Olivetree, good luck!  ;)

I, too, would like to see this video. Upload it to YouTube or a fast file-hosting website like Putlocker. http://www.putlocker.com/

LLL

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 02:12:55 PM »

I, too, would like to see this video. Upload it to YouTube or a fast file-hosting website like Putlocker. http://www.putlocker.com/

MEGA.co.nz works very well for sharing large files also.

Taller

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 04:45:31 PM »

+1 for Sweden's video!

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 05:29:47 PM »

I asked for the video since those idiots are Turkish.. I could have translated what they were saying  :D

Sweden

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 05:39:03 PM »

They speak English in the video.
You can clearly see both their faces so it wouldn't be appropriate to show it.

It goes on for 40 minutes  ;D
They just stand there and a total fool out of them selves.

Bigfaker

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 06:43:50 PM »

It was a lot like the first one I stayed in:/ maybe a smiiidge nicer. For this it's $1000 a month, which is around how long I'd be staying. I DO have the option of staying at the nice hotel I'm at now, but of course I'd be paying more than that, on top of food, laundry etc.. It was completely up to me. I initially was quoted $2000 for accommodation by Sarin in the emails, so I was prepared to pay that anyway. However, saving an extra 1k sounds really attractive. I'm already in debt for all this as it is. Not really in a position to be choosy, so suck it up I must!
Hey Whassup, Mizz olivetree,

I'm surprised they are not able to get you a better deal on a hotel. When I had to bridge the 4 nights between my original hotel (Ramada Gurgaon, booked myself) and the hospital stay, Sunny got me a very nice and clean place for 2000INR/night (bout $32, so a month = $960ish). Granted, it was not full room and board, but it included breakfast and I was only a solo for a few nights. You would think Sahil/Sarin would use some group buying power to negotiate better rates....assuming they are not factoring caretakers and PT in the $1000.

I'll let you guys know how the surgery goes. If I don't die that is ;) buenos noches Chiquitos.
[Assuming you might get to read this before going under]
Good luck. I'm sure everything will go fine. IMHO, India's nurses (or "sisters" at my hospital) are not nearly as caring/friendly/sweet/kind as the ones in the US, but they do their jobs well. You just have to make sure they understand what you are asking for and keep asking them until you get it. I was hampered by no internet...Google Translate would have helped a LOT.

Also, paperwork is a WAAAAY sketchy compared to the reams of contracts and waivers and disclaimers one has to sign in America. They didn't even ask me for any Emergency contact info back home. I had to ask for a scrap of paper literally while I was on the gurney in pre-op. Again, I''m sure it won't be necessary, but (if you need the peace of mind as I did):  if they don't ask, you have to press for it. I actually had to make them promise me they would give the paper to my doc.

Wishing you all the best.....
Prev. Height: 5'-5.25"/165.7cm (Morn)
Ext.LON with Dr. Raj Sringari-Install: 12/17/13 * Lengthend: ~3"/7.6cm * Frm Rmvl 04/17/14
Diagnosd w/ Partial Non-Union: 02/09/16
Ankle Debridement Surg: 02/22/16...Rev. Nail/Bone Graft/Tenotomy-Loma Linda Med. Ctr: 05/12/16
Taylor Spatial Correction: 02/01/18

Claude

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 07:47:06 PM »

It's not cool to send a video of others without asking.
Maybe you could blur their faces with a software but its still not good.
An audio track maybe ?
Please release the "Turkish Twin" remix  8)

Calic

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 09:56:24 PM »

It goes on for 40 minutes  ;D
They just stand there and a total fool out of them selves.

Since you were around them do you know why the 6'3" guy wanted leg shortening?

Did you think they would have improved proportions with shorter legs?
Starting height: 171.5 cm
Lengthened 6.5 cm using LON with Dr. Sarin in 2013
Final height: 178 cm
Sitting height: 90 cm
Armspan: 180 cm

Sweden

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 11:02:33 PM »

Since you were around them do you know why the 6'3" guy wanted leg shortening?

Did you think they would have improved proportions with shorter legs?

I visited them a lot and we spoke about everything in the beginning, even on the phone and some text messages.

There were absolutely nothing wrong with their height. Not even if you consider all of the possible made up social rules(as there is for short guys).

It was just all in their head and for what reason I can not imagine. They told me they both were bullied all of their life so that could be something that contributed to it. They got shorter bc they had to find an excuse for why they were bullied. That's just my idea.

But the fact was that she definitely couldn't behave among other people. Not even on old forum  where she thought everyone was out to disrespect her.
She totally snapped in our floor and the brother was just the same. He was bothered when I said "hello" to him while I was working out in the sun and he just walked by.
Now that says a lot about a person.
He also wanted to fight me when I was in frames bc of something he and his sister both made up in their loneliness.

The guy was like my dream height but skinny as a small little girl and the sister was my starting height but actually fat.
They absolutely didn't need the surgery.

Everyone who is not suffering from some kind of disease is already proportionate.
I don't think anyone could see if they cut 5cm from their legs and arms as they said they would.

In conclusion: I just think they were mentally unstable.

If they're happier now being shorter I'm glad.
Still waiting for their book they said they should write. There has to be some unimaginable stories to why they did it  :D

Calic

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2014, 12:45:55 AM »

the sister was my starting height but actually fat.

Everyone who is not suffering from some kind of disease is already proportionate.
I don't think anyone could see if they cut 5cm from their legs and arms as they said they would.

Wasn't the girl 5'10" to start with? I could see that height as being a slight disadvantage in dating but nothing substantial.

I agree but there is still a range of normal proportions and I would think on the extremes that you would not look as good as if you were more towards the average. There are people who do LL for the sole purpose of having improved proportions and do not care about their height. I would think there are also others with crazy long legs that might look better with shorter legs.

Starting height: 171.5 cm
Lengthened 6.5 cm using LON with Dr. Sarin in 2013
Final height: 178 cm
Sitting height: 90 cm
Armspan: 180 cm

olivetree

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 03:01:32 PM »

Ah ah "The brother wanted to beat me", were they two zombies siblings or what ?
Ok i googled "Chloe Bruce Lee" mmm now thats interesting....

I think Sweden is REALLY interested in your flexibility  ::).
Good luck linda...olive tree (???  :o)
Everything is going to be fine  :D

Damn Sweden looks like you got everyone hot and bothered over this video :p wish I could see it!
OMG. Claude!! Lmfao! Your crack me up. Sweden gross no! Lol. I'm not that flexible now and probably won't ever be unless I invest in some extreme yoga.

Hey Whassup, Mizz olivetree,

I'm surprised they are not able to get you a better deal on a hotel. When I had to bridge the 4 nights between my original hotel (Ramada Gurgaon, booked myself) and the hospital stay, Sunny got me a very nice and clean place for 2000INR/night (bout $32, so a month = $960ish). Granted, it was not full room and board, but it included breakfast and I was only a solo for a few nights. You would think Sahil/Sarin would use some group buying power to negotiate better rates....assuming they are not factoring caretakers and PT in the $1000.
[Assuming you might get to read this before going under]
Good luck. I'm sure everything will go fine. IMHO, India's nurses (or "sisters" at my hospital) are not nearly as caring/friendly/sweet/kind as the ones in the US, but they do their jobs well. You just have to make sure they understand what you are asking for and keep asking them until you get it. I was hampered by no internet...Google Translate would have helped a LOT.

Also, paperwork is a WAAAAY sketchy compared to the reams of contracts and waivers and disclaimers one has to sign in America. They didn't even ask me for any Emergency contact info back home. I had to ask for a scrap of paper literally while I was on the gurney in pre-op. Again, I''m sure it won't be necessary, but (if you need the peace of mind as I did):  if they don't ask, you have to press for it. I actually had to make them promise me they would give the paper to my doc.

Wishing you all the best.....

Bigfaker! Hi! I was actually trying to see your diary today but I guess it really is true sysop banned the IP address of not just the guesthouse but the hospital too. Loser.
PT and caretakers are included in that price for the standard patient hotel. When I first asked about switching to a nicer one he asked me how much I was willing to pay. I said about $60 but the hotel ended up being around $55. So not bad for 2 nights. But still not as good as what they're offering for a month. 

You're right about this, however turning on my charm and being in a pitiful state has made me comfortable with them and they me. They even called me "so sweet and cute!" Hehe. But can I ask w.t.f is up with the no gloves thing? They seem to only wanna wear them when they wash me or dump my pee. The sanitation standards here are so lax compared to the states. I'm so used to everything disinfected and extreme medical safety procedures. I asked for a bandaid after they took my blood(my least favorite thing to do in the world) and their simple answer was "no need" and used their bare hands to throw away my bloody cottonball. Kinda like there's "no need" for backseat seat belts.
There was actually quite a few papers I had to sign. The last one being my consent for about going under a complex procedure at my own risk. I had to fill out and sign two of these and both had an emergency contact information at the bottom. Thank God. That's terrible they didn't provide that for you. What would they have done if you died? Threw you out on a dirt pile under a bridge in Gurgaon?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 03:08:39 PM by olivetree »

olivetree

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 03:07:38 PM »

So I'm here at the hospital. Pre op was completely terrifying to me. Just laying there all alone about to screw yourself up and not really know the consequences. The nurses had to take off all my nail polish too which kind of annoyed me since I just did them. The operating room itself is enough to scare the bejesus out of you. It's all very primitive and old, so not like the modern machinery used in the states. After I went under I had the freakiest dreams too. Almost like I was role playing what was happening. I woke up just as I heard "ok done" and shifted me to a gurney. What I felt next was the worst pain I've felt in a while. My legs just totally sore and throbbing. I told everyone this and they pumped me with drugs, drugs and more drugs. The pain was still there though and it was puzzling the docs. Idk I think I may have a tolerance to medication from years of abusing it(lol). I was literally shaking and on the verge of crying because of the pain, but eventually everything kicked in and I fell asleep. The day after was all medicated so I was zonked out and sleepy most of the day. But at nighttime there was severe pain in my right leg and I was having a nervous breakdown thinking it was compartment syndrome. I was crying and being dramatic and three doctors had to come in and calm me down to prove to me that I didn't have compartment. One of them in particular was kind of being a prick although he was helpful. Acting like I was being stupid. They had me down at 5.0 for the epidural when I was at 6.0 before, so that was probably it. They bumped it back up to 6.0 after my fit and gave me more drugs to put me to sleep. This morning I was still numb and okay, but then the doctor that lowered it before lowered it again to 4.0! Which I knew would be a bad idea, but apparently they have to gradually reduce the dosage so I can eventually come off of it and ditch the catheter too. My pain tolerance is not what I expected it to be. I had to have it raised again today to 6.0. Sarin has so far come in to see me once a day and it's very brief. I see more of the other docs who come in to check my pain and make sure I can wiggle my toes, which are numb and swelling a little from the epidural. I asked one of the nice assistant docs how long it took the other two shorteners to be pain free and he said 3 or 4 days. It's only day 2 for me so maybe I'm being a baby. He also confirmed my thoughts about this procedure being more painful the days post op in the hospital than leg lengthening. You guys get the worst of it during distraction.
The psychological struggle of all this is very real. I'm isolated in my room for hours at a time. My tv doesn't have any signal but I don't care to call anyone to fix it cause I'd be watching foreign channels I don't understand. I've cried a few times from the pain and just questioning the absurdity of having to put myself through this hell.
The food is pretty good and healthy for strong bones but it's hard for me to muster up an appetite with all this pain. I think the cooks think I don't like it because they always ask me if it's okay. Makes me feel bad. The nurses take care of me but in a very indifferent way. Some are sweeter and more careful than others.
Tomorrow they are officially reducing my epidural dosage to 5.0 and gradually lower after that. It's 6.0 and I'm still feeling pain. I think most of it is traveling to my right leg now than my left. They have other meds for me to curb the pain but they want me off the epidural soon. I'm terrified the pain won't subside. I blame myself a bit because I was kind of a smoker before, which hinders healing significantly. I used to smoke about 6 or so a day but weeks before coming here I've lowered it to 2.
So mostly time has consisted of boredom and pain. I'm praying it let's up so I can start working on my mobility. Everything from the ass down is numb and useless and it's making me mad. So pray for me guys! I'm confident in the doctors' words I'm just not confident in myself or my body at the moment. It's all a learning experience!

Claude

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2014, 04:41:05 PM »

Ill pray for you even if im an agnostic  :)
Try to work your flexibility yo, but don't send pics to Sweden, its a trap  :P
Seriously flexibility is very important  ::)
Its a very hard and good experience indeed
Stay strong cutie  8)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2014, 04:52:45 PM »

Before you know it, you'll be at that height you've always wanted to be. Keep fighting. :)
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Claude

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 06:32:51 PM »

"I'm not that flexible now and probably won't ever be unless I invest in some extreme yoga"
What do you mean by "extreme yoga" ? Can you show me please  :'(

Disobedient

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2014, 10:54:08 PM »

hello Olivetree , hope everything is going well with you..

I though you were like, 6 foot when I met you", "you should model", and countless other things that are hard to mention INSTANTLY ruined my day

Really..? I always think this could be compliment ..

to tell the truth my best friend is  170-168cm, and I used to make fun of her because of her height, I know that I was bad person and so on.. but I had this thing I don't know what they call it  which is combination of jealousy and  self defense by attacking others for being insecure about yourself..

I even convinced her that she should not wear heels in her life, and she has very tiny chance with dating men "surprisingly, other girls were 100% agree with me" ..  and whenever I felt bad for her I used to tell her that she is look like model.. Now that I know that this is wasn't compliment I feel that I'm really awful.. I may buy for her pair of heels when I'll go back to home...

anyway.. your height is really amazing.. but if you think you'll feel much better about your life after this surgery then just go for it "obviously you did"  and stay strong ..

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up