Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Leg Shortening 2014 -Dr. Sarin- olivetree  (Read 67127 times)

olivetree

Re: Leg Shortening 2014 -Dr. Sarin- olivetree
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2014, 04:30:57 AM »

These shady sisters lowered my epidural to 3.0 JUST as I was falling asleep:/ I woke up twice with pain. They gave me a pain killer which helped slightly. I just had to practice that mind over matter trick to help me sleep. It's 10 am now and I'm still at 3.0. It's a throbbing, dull burning pain but bearable I guess. Tonight I'm gonna be off the epidural for good and pain meds will be intravenous thru my hand.
My feet are still numb and I can barely move my big toes back and forth. One of the docs says that they'll go back to normal after the epidural is gone. I hope so. I keep bugging him with all my fears and worries and he just laughs and says "can't you ever think of anything happy? You're okay!" So I guess I should just chillax, otherwise I'm gonna kill my legs with stress.   :-X
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 04:37:48 AM by olivetree »

olivetree

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2014, 04:35:10 AM »

hello Olivetree , hope everything is going well with you..

Really..? I always think this could be compliment ..

to tell the truth my best friend is  170-168cm, and I used to make fun of her because of her height, I know that I was bad person and so on.. but I had this thing I don't know what they call it  which is combination of jealousy and  self defense by attacking others for being insecure about yourself..

I even convinced her that she should not wear heels in her life, and she has very tiny chance with dating men "surprisingly, other girls were 100% agree with me" ..  and whenever I felt bad for her I used to tell her that she is look like model.. Now that I know that this is wasn't compliment I feel that I'm really awful.. I may buy for her pair of heels when I'll go back to home...

anyway.. your height is really amazing.. but if you think you'll feel much better about your life after this surgery then just go for it "obviously you did"  and stay strong ..

Thanks, Disobedient:) I too had that kind of problems from short girls making me feel inferior to them. I'm not sure if they were cky about their petite stature or if they were jealous of me. Either way it really messed me up.
Good luck on your crazy journey too!

Bigfaker

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2014, 09:28:01 AM »

Bigfaker! Hi! I was actually trying to see your diary today but I guess it really is true sysop banned the IP address of not just the guesthouse but the hospital too. Loser.
I'll PM you about this.
And actually, I only found your story 'cause a friend told me some of the conspiracy nerds were talking ish about me over here. So I signed up and...I guess I popped my LL Forum ch*rry on your diary. Damn...that's hella rude, huh?....oh well, you knew I was a vulgar muthaf*cka, anyway  :P

You're right about this, however turning on my charm and being in a pitiful state has made me comfortable with them and they me. They even called me "so sweet and cute!" Hehe. But can I ask w.t.f is up with the no gloves thing? They seem to only wanna wear them when they wash me or dump my pee. The sanitation standards here are so lax compared to the states. I'm so used to everything disinfected and extreme medical safety procedures. I asked for a bandaid after they took my blood(my least favorite thing to do in the world) and their simple answer was "no need" and used their bare hands to throw away my bloody cottonball. Kinda like there's "no need" for backseat seat belts.
Know what else is weird? The hospital hierarchy. You remember how nurses in the US will do pretty much anything that needs to be done?: help cleaning up messes, bring you coffee, talk to you when you're upset, all the way up to injecting meds? Here, it seemed like the sisters couldn't even pick up a piece of trash that fell on the ground -- RIGHT in the middle of the floor -- because it was not their job. They always left it for the cleaning guys...almost like a carryover from the caste system.

My feet are still numb and I can barely move my big toes back and forth. One of the docs says that they'll go back to normal after the epidural is gone. I hope so. I keep bugging him with all my fears and worries and he just laughs and says "can't you ever think of anything happy? You're okay!" So I guess I should just chillax, otherwise I'm gonna kill my legs with stress.   :-X
The psychological struggle of all this is very real. I'm isolated in my room for hours at a time. My tv doesn't have any signal but I don't care to call anyone to fix it cause I'd be watching foreign channels I don't understand. I've cried a few times from the pain and just questioning the absurdity of having to put myself through this hell.
Yeah, definitely just stay calm, remember you have a goal, and are working toward it. I have definitely run into patients who might be messing themselves up with extreme negativity. Hey, here's a pick-me-up for you (though you are undoubtedly too young to know this cheesy 80s song). It cracks me up to think of the lyrics literally (as a patient):

Anyway, hit me up if you need any India tips. I may not have been here that long, but I have a pretty good survey going on which food takeout joints are decent. Besides, we Uhmurrkins abroad need to stick together!  :)
Prev. Height: 5'-5.25"/165.7cm (Morn)
Ext.LON with Dr. Raj Sringari-Install: 12/17/13 * Lengthend: ~3"/7.6cm * Frm Rmvl 04/17/14
Diagnosd w/ Partial Non-Union: 02/09/16
Ankle Debridement Surg: 02/22/16...Rev. Nail/Bone Graft/Tenotomy-Loma Linda Med. Ctr: 05/12/16
Taylor Spatial Correction: 02/01/18

olivetree

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2014, 10:38:32 AM »

Know what else is weird? The hospital hierarchy. You remember how nurses in the US will do pretty much anything that needs to be done?: help cleaning up messes, bring you coffee, talk to you when you're upset, all the way up to injecting meds? Here, it seemed like the sisters couldn't even pick up a piece of trash that fell on the ground -- RIGHT in the middle of the floor -- because it was not their job. They always left it for the cleaning guys...almost like a carryover from the caste system.

I actually didn't see too much of this? The cleaning people were ladies and nurses actually helped them make my bed and stuff. Like I said i think my hospital pwned yours  ;) But about the tv watching I noticed they ALL get distracted by it lol!

Yeah, definitely just stay calm, remember you have a goal, and are working toward it. I have definitely run into patients who might be messing themselves up with extreme negativity. Hey, here's a pick-me-up for you (though you are undoubtedly too young to know this cheesy 80s song). It cracks me up to think of the lyrics literally (as a patient):

Anyway, hit me up if you need any India tips. I may not have been here that long, but I have a pretty good survey going on which food takeout joints are decent. Besides, we Uhmurrkins abroad need to stick together!  :)

HAHAHA I'm actually pretty partial toward 80's anything but I admit never heard this song before.

olivetree

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2014, 12:26:36 PM »

Okay people brace yourselves. It's about to get real sexy up in here.

Okay my legs are NOT that big, for the record. I have been swelled up since surgery, so about 6 days now. Plus take into account my leg insides are all 1 inch mushed up. I haven't visibly seen a reduction but I know its going down, slowly but surely. My right foot is reminiscent of an obese woman's, and it's extremely uncomfortable to put any kind of pressure on it. As you can see my left foot is less swollen but it's tipped over to the right. I have no idea for this and have been trying to correct it while I sleep. I think it all has to do with the swelling though.

Yuck. That little nick is from the first night I went full blown spastic and took a razor to my dressings because they felt too tight. I didn't even feel it lol and the nurse looked scared.

The incisions are really not as bad as I pictured. Some are better looking than others by far but overall very minimally invasive. The staples were put in pretty crudely though. They're starting to itch under the bandages and I think that means they're healing yay! Still another week till they come out.

As much as I hated being at the hospital I was actually starting to get used to it and now I miss being there. I just hate hospitals in general. But the bed was comfier than the one I have now, the tv was better, I was forced to eat, if I dropped something or needed something across the room all I had to do was summon a nurse by the click of the button. The two girls who did the night shift during the week were my favorite (Uh but totally have no idea what there names were). Everyone else I hated. The day before I left they were trying to change my IV catheter in my hand to the other one cause it was starting to swell and hurt and risked getting an infection. It was for pain meds but I insisted I didn't need them and could bear through the light pain there was during the night. In my mind getting a needle poked through your vein is worse than a night full of LS pain.  They kept bugging me to do it though and insisted it would just be once.
These bitches stabbed my veins 3 times, unsuccessful. After the third f-ed up try I could feel the panic rise in my chest and I couldn't help but start bawling and just said 'No' really firmly. They left me alone after that.

I'm at the hotel now where I guess eventually everyone will be going along with the other ones like it. It just looks like a big house. It probably looks like the guesthouse inside. My room is drab but alright I suppose. Solid 3/5 for India. The place reeks of Indian food though and not the good kind lol. Its cold in here too but you have to ask for a space heater and they'll bring you one. I didn't know this the last time. The beds uncomfortable and no sheets but what can ya do. The thing that really sucks about being here though is I can't. f**king. walk. And I'm alone. No maids or anyone to help me, and I'm not asking the dudes that work here to do anything. I have to slide onto a chair off my bed and attempt to wheel my ass across the room using only my spaghetti arms. My guns is seriously bout to be buff as fuq. I got a little phone from Dr. Sahil and he told me to tell the dudes here to get me whatever I wanted which is kind of weird to me since they're just staff at a hotel and don't work directly with Sarin. I guess this is normal behavior though because when I brought this up Sahil just simply said, "so what?" lmao.

I'm gonna use this to get me some fruits though. I know I should be eating more but I'm trying to save cheddar. Breakfast is free but everything else you pay for. Apparently the guest house provides dinner but last night they brought me some godawful chicken leg curry soup thing that was not appealing even if I wasn't a vegetarian. I normally only eat twice a day with snacks in between anyway but I know I should be having more balanced meals to help my leggys :-\

Anyway I'm bored of writing lol. Just trying to give everyone an idea of what it's gonna be like post-guesthouse. And hopefully this reaches any potential leg shorteners lurking the interwebz:) I know I wish I had someone to guide me through this.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:32:14 PM by olivetree »

olivetree

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2014, 01:25:47 PM »

omfg! Totes forgot to show you guys my epic, nacrapy, battle bruises!

Look at that bad boy. It's splotched darker underneath the knees too. Which btw I can only bend about halfway. In due time my friends!

My cute hot pink hospital bracelet before surgery and manicured nails may they RIP.

Yummy alcohol drank. Had to loosen up the night before the massacre.

;D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 01:32:08 PM by olivetree »

Sweden

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2014, 02:23:17 PM »

I wore the pink hospital bracelet for 3 months. It became brown......

So now you're 5'6??

How loose does your tendons and muscle feel?
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Claude

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2014, 03:55:10 PM »

I wore the pink hospital bracelet for 3 months. It became brown......

Mmm what did you do with your bracelet, i have an idea, maybe you were eating some chocolate with it...OR... you put your hands were you shouldn't...HA HA!
Ok thats not funny i know.
Wow girl you are so badass !  8)
Looks like it hurts...
Stay strong Olivator  8)

olivetree

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2014, 05:38:58 PM »

Haha gross! I wanted to keep mine but they cut it before I even had a chance to object.

No I'm about 5'4".5-5'5" now. Maybe less when I go back home from spine compression? How long does that usually last for you guys?  I haven't had a chance to see myself at my height yet since I'm disabled at the moment.

My tendons and muscles feel really nasty! If that's in fact what I'm feeling grinding around in there. Almost whenever I moved something's cracking or rubbing. Does that go away? My legs just feel tight. When I poke them they're really hard too. Hawt.

Claude

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2014, 05:47:59 PM »

Fudge "cracking", just thinking about it hurts me  :'(
Well maybe "Dr" Sweden can tell you if its normal.
To me it seems perfectly normal after such trauma for your sweet legs.
So you were a little Japanese in your ancient life ?
I looove silly questions  8)

olivetree

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2014, 06:07:01 PM »

Yes, minus their fake happy attitudes and the raw fish lol. I love their clothes! And I definitely fit in with the "kawaii" craze <3

Claude

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2014, 06:55:22 PM »

I must say i find their culture kind of stupid  :-\
Kawai rocks thought... im "Kawai" you know, just sayin  ::)
Stay strong, eat well, sleep, please keep us informed  8)

Bigfaker

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2014, 07:03:32 PM »

Okay people brace yourselves. It's about to get real sexy up in here.

Okay my legs are NOT that big, for the record. I have been swelled up since surgery, so about 6 days now. Plus take into account my leg insides are all 1 inch mushed up. I haven't visibly seen a reduction but I know its going down, slowly but surely. My right foot is reminiscent of an obese woman's, and it's extremely uncomfortable to put any kind of pressure on it. As you can see my left foot is less swollen but it's tipped over to the right. I have no idea for this and have been trying to correct it while I sleep. I think it all has to do with the swelling though.
Oh, gee. Your legs look SOOOOO huge. #sarcasm
Seriously, they look bigger than mine...when I was like 8 years old.
I remember that feeling of trying to put my foot on the ground the first time after surgery. I really would not wish that pain on my worst enemy.
Didn't Dr. S give you any kind of corrective splints or anything for your feet?

Yuck. That little nick is from the first night I went full blown spastic and took a razor to my dressings because they felt too tight. I didn't even feel it lol and the nurse looked scared.
Careful, Girl. Doing ish like that was what got Sarin furious at DSINutcaseBlog last year.

As much as I hated being at the hospital I was actually starting to get used to it and now I miss being there. I just hate hospitals in general. But the bed was comfier than the one I have now, the tv was better, I was forced to eat, if I dropped something or needed something across the room all I had to do was summon a nurse by the click of the button.
I TOTALLY felt the same way, because I had seen our guest house (it was ghetto stank nasty, complete with mice) and the hospital was so nice and clean.

I'm at the hotel now where I guess eventually everyone will be going along with the other ones like it. It just looks like a big house. It probably looks like the guesthouse inside. My room is drab but alright I suppose. Solid 3/5 for India. The place reeks of Indian food though and not the good kind lol. Its cold in here too but you have to ask for a space heater and they'll bring you one. I didn't know this the last time. The beds uncomfortable and no sheets but what can ya do.
Damn, seriously? You hafta sleep right on the old mattresses that have sucked in all the years of....OK, sorry, I'll stop. You should speak up and demand they provide some. And if they won't:
Even though I brought sheets with me (I feared nasty institutional stuff and I was right: what they give you to sleep on here is better suited for finishing lumber or smoothing out your pretty manicure), I just bought some extra pillows (369INR on Snapdeal) so I ordered a sheet set on Amazon for 299INR...that's like less than 5 bucks! Sure they won't be Nordstroms 400 thread count Egyptian Cotton, but dollars go a pretty long way here. Oh wait, is your money coming from yen right now?
Prev. Height: 5'-5.25"/165.7cm (Morn)
Ext.LON with Dr. Raj Sringari-Install: 12/17/13 * Lengthend: ~3"/7.6cm * Frm Rmvl 04/17/14
Diagnosd w/ Partial Non-Union: 02/09/16
Ankle Debridement Surg: 02/22/16...Rev. Nail/Bone Graft/Tenotomy-Loma Linda Med. Ctr: 05/12/16
Taylor Spatial Correction: 02/01/18

BilateralDamage

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2014, 07:22:31 PM »

Those are some nasty bruises!   :o

What's the pain for you right now?

olivetree

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2014, 09:52:25 AM »

Oh, gee. Your legs look SOOOOO huge. #sarcasm
Seriously, they look bigger than mine...when I was like 8 years old.
I remember that feeling of trying to put my foot on the ground the first time after surgery. I really would not wish that pain on my worst enemy.
Didn't Dr. S give you any kind of corrective splints or anything for your feet?

Hahah shut up. Shiriq I guess is the physio and he wrapped my legs last night and today to get rid of the swelling some more. My legs are really moldy as in like if I wrap them tight for a certain amount of time they will take shape of the tightness and leave a weird ass dent in my leg. I'm trying to ignore this horror and tell myself I will not end up with play dough legs forever.

Damn, seriously? You hafta sleep right on the old mattresses that have sucked in all the years of....OK, sorry, I'll stop.

Oh wait, is your money coming from yen right now?

LOL no I shouldn't of said sheets cause they do have like, one thin old sheet covering the mattress and just the comforter on top. This is just bothersome to me cause I like sleeping with the full sheet set like a normal human being nam saying'?
When they changed the sheet though I noticed I am not sleeping on a king mattress but two twin mattresses put together. Classy.

No my bank account is American. I work and live on the military base there so I guess I haven't gone full blown Japanese.  ::)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 09:55:59 AM by olivetree »

olivetree

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2014, 09:54:54 AM »

Those are some nasty bruises!   :o

What's the pain for you right now?

Pain is okay, just feels tight and sore all over. However it's extremely uncomfortable almost to the point of painful to sleep at night. Like very warm pins and needles sensation. I loves my sleep so I'm a sad panda  :'(

olivetree

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2014, 10:08:01 AM »

So I guess my time here has been short lived. Got a visit from the good doctor yesterday who took time out of his busy schedule for a visit. I guess this place I'm at is having like security issues..something about not having the right permit or something? Apparently there were cops inspecting the first night I was here and I didn't even know lol. Guess this hotel transition is on hiatus.

SoOo I'm moving to the guesthouse! This is good I guess. I'll finally be able to get a little help. And I can finally get someone to make a run to the store for me. I've been fixin to get some chocolate reallllly bad.

Sweden

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2014, 12:12:59 PM »

I know what you mean. Try to get Dairy Milk Silk, the pure one.
It's so good you can eat 1-2kg of it(that's what I did)  ;D

Is the Turkish girl there too having more LS?
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Adriano

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2014, 12:39:20 PM »

Have a look around the guest house and tell us what u think.

Would b nice if u can talk the HLN patients and let us know how its all going for them..lol

olivetree

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2014, 05:30:39 PM »

Sweden, I have no idea. I don't think she's here at the hotel. I'm gonna find out though.

Adriano, for sure!

Sarin told me that LLers at his guesthouse(probably referring to what happened before) aren't "mentally prepared to be around someone who wants to be shorter". Guess we'll see.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2014, 06:11:51 PM »

What if you were to tell them that you were lengthrning at a hotel up til now and you're in your consolidation phase? They might be nicer to you that way.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

alps

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2014, 07:09:48 PM »

Sarin told me that LLers at his guesthouse(probably referring to what happened before) aren't "mentally prepared to be around someone who wants to be shorter".

Hehe, that gave me a good laugh...
They'd just sit and stare at you all day, perplexed  ;D

Claude

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2014, 08:33:42 PM »

Sarin told me that LLers at his guesthouse(probably referring to what happened before) aren't "mentally prepared to be around someone who wants to be shorter". Guess we'll see.

I would be prepared if its a girl  ::)

olivetree

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2014, 12:07:46 PM »

Hey guys. Been incognito due to pure laziness and getting used to the schedule around here. Plus dealing with physio and complications.
Gonna have to apologize because I have been quarantined to the first floor and therefore have no social contact with any of the LLers. A precaution the staff and doc took most likely, lol. I did meet one guy that came into my room the first day to weigh himself on the scale that was on my floor and we talked for a bit. He's from the same city I am too! Crazy small world right? He was on crutches and told me he was getting out of here in 3 days. So he's gone now. I guess he was having a hard time gaining weight.

The foyer when you first come in the house was pretty nice, however my room is pretty ghetto, at least by American standards. (I do have a little tv though with all those great American channels they had at that nice hotel I was in :D) My bathrooms worse, but the toilet is clean enough that I don't complain. Apparently I have the only hot water in the guesthouse and my physio told me that I am not allowed to let anyone come in to use it. I don't see what the fuss is cause the hot water literally lasts 3 mins. Its heated by a tiny water heater and it sucks bawlz. I'm gonna just sponge bath it next time.

The food is alright, some meals better than others. It's mainly indian dishes. The one I don't like very much at all is the penne pasta one because it tastes sweet and blegh. 

My new physio is a girl and she's cool and all but I can kinda tell she's not really a real physio.

Complications: So for about a little more than a week now I have been unable to move either of my big toes back. I can move them forward a little but backwards I've lost all power. Sarin said this was okay and eventually I would get my function back. Along with this is a really weird sensation going on with my feet, ankles and toes that literally feels like bugs are crawling around on it and biting. The pricks are all day continuous and some are more painful than others. I looked it up online and found something that said it could be do to nerve damage. This would make sense due to my toes not working and since its happening on both my feet. Sarin said that if I don't have my function back around the time before I leave they would do a small, quick surgery in my foot  :'( I really hope I don't have to do this. The physio kinda pisses me off sometimes cause she'll exercise my toes back and forth and will scratch and poke at my big toe trying to make it move or push down on it as if it will magically start moving again.

Another thing that has just started happening these past couple days that hasn't happened before is when I lift my legs up the air I can feel and see the cut bone popping up on both legs at the break site. Its like the bone below the knee is trying to support the rest of my leg and foot and its gotten harder now to lift both legs. This is really concerning to me and the first thing I could think of was non union. But idk I think it might be too early to tell. What I do know is that the two pieces of cut bone are not stable enough and not locked together like they should be, as if the nail put inside me was too small for my tibia. Anyway its really gotten uncomfortable even to sit with my legs over the edge of the bed.

On a happier note I did get ahold of some chocolate, Dairy Milk Silk like Sweden was mentioning and it was DA booomb. Today I also had someone go get me strawberry oreos. I've been getting embarrassed to keep asking to get sweets but honestly when you're laying in bed all day bored AF with no one to talk to, 3 square meals just don't cut it. I'm a snacker I need my comfort food. lol.

For the most part my spirits have been pretty low these days past. My swelling is pretty much gone but now all these new concerns are springing up. Sarin won't be coming today and who knows when I'll see him again. And because of the biting sensation in my feet and discomfort in my legs I'm afraid to go to sleep because I literally don't get any rest. I wake up at least twice every night. Instead of getting stronger I feel like my legs are getting weaker :( These are dark times. Any positive energies you could donate would be really amazing...

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2014, 12:23:28 PM »

Hey Olivetree,

I haven't been keeping up with your posts since the diary is in such a secluded area of the site. It seems you and I share some things in common. If you've read my story on old forum , you'll see I too have a penchant for oreos and chocolate. I gave up the oreos though --went cold turkey as per Sweden's urging-- but I replaced that predilection with beer for a while. Now I'm finally cleaning up the diet and have a chocolate protein shake when I crave. Hopefully your cravings die down over time.

The other thing is the toe conundrum. I too have had my toe stymied in its motion (only the left thankfully). I was told by the good doctor Sringari that it would come back in a few weeks time. It's been well over two months now and it still remains the same. The doctor has given up on any mention of it now and my physio claims that it's now the tendon being caught by a pin causing the immobility. He said after frame removal it'll free up. I've consigned myself long ago to not think too critically on such matters any more. What's the point when nothing can be done to soothe your qualms? Anyway, glad to see another westerner is dwelling some bed in some slum of India, begging for clemency; cursing herself for her stupidity and living everyday in abject regret. I'll be sure to include your toes in my prayers going forward. Welcome to the party, hun.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

olivetree

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2014, 01:06:53 PM »

Hey Ashoka, many thanks for the advice and kind words:) I did have someone get me two more sleeves of Strawberry Oreos, but I think I'm done now. Or I'll try. Lol. I did just finish more chocolate though. I really need to stop because my muscles have atrophied quite a bit and I don't want to turn into an immobile sack of fat.

Update:

As of today I have two weeks left here. Sarin asked me if I could postpone my leaving. Probably because he just now realized I may need a little more time to recover before I hop on a plane, due to my feet and everything. I extended my stay for 4 more days, lol. Truth is I can't stand it here anymore! I'm going crazy by myself. I'm lonely and miss my clean apartment and American food way too much. The food here is becoming repetitive in itself and in taste. Dr. Sahil said I could ask for any request in food if I don't like something, but what am I supposed to ask for? There's only so much these guys can do. It's not like I can be like, "Hey guys, tomorrows dinner I want a grilled cheese sandwich and creamy tomato soup."(comfort food) So I don't even bother and just choke it down. It's like being at summer camp.

My legs have gotten a lot better. After that whole thing with the bone tenting the skin they had my PT stopped and now I just sit on a chair and put weights on my knees to fuse the ends of the bones. However I still feel movement at the cut site and I'm gonna ask the doc about it cause I'm pretty sure early physio fked up my healing. The nurse saw me a couple days ago and told me not to move my ankle back and forth and the doctor said not to move my toes and I'm like well the fk why did you have someone exercise that   for a week!? Serious miscommunication going on.
On a brighter note I just started practicing my standing with the walker. I'm able to do it for longer and longer and I'm taking that as a sign. Sooo ready to get out of here. I'm visiting the navy hospital as soon as I get back for check ups and to get a real opinion about when to start PT.
Up until last Monday I was pretty down and depressed. But paying $10 and waking up at 5 AM to watch my Seahawks lay down an ass whooping really lifted my spirits and I've been suk it up ever since! lol. Also visiting the site mybrokenleg.com comforts me by reading about other peoples problems with broken legs. (I know it's not an accurate comparison but close enough lol) You never truly appreciate the gifts and abilities you have until they're taken away from you. Whether it be of your own doing or not. I do regret mutilating myself as I did and not loving myself as I should but I know the outcome will be rewarding as soon as I start taking those delicious first steps and experience new confidence in new height.

As for the shortener twins I finally solved the mystery!
They have been living in India for over a year. They never truly left, together at least. While one stayed here one went back to work and make more money for their shortening addictions. They aren't at the guesthouse because they've actually rented out a place here and have a medical visa they kept renewing. They've both done their tibias and the guy also did his femurs. They're staying to do their arms too! Sarin told me he refused to do their forearms though for obvious reasons. Freaking crazy. It's been traumatic enough for me just doing my tibias. After standing with the walker and checking myself out in the mirror I'm actually pleased with what I see. An inch was just enough:) they must be truly fking tall and sad to waste thousands upon thousands of dollars together and over a year of torture and many more years of rehabilitation to do this  . Sarin asked me if I wanted to go meet them but I think I was too taken aback to say yes. I will ask him next time I see him. It would actually be beneficial for my recovery to see how they're doing.

Well that's all I got for now. I'll probably update at least once before I leave. I've been glued to Facebook and finishing tv shows online to keep me connected to the outside world. For my sanity:) deuces.

Taller

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2014, 03:23:50 PM »

Hello Olivetree,

Hope you are still alive and well.

If you could give us an update, it would be very much appreciated by your friends here at LL Forum.

Have a great day,

Tall

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2014, 07:34:27 PM »

What's up Olivetree? You make it out of Sarin's okay?
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

mediocre

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2014, 07:57:22 PM »

This sounds like making out of the gauntlet alive.
 8)

You make it out of Sarin's okay?

alps

« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2014, 05:23:13 PM »

Hi olive, how are you?

ewt

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2014, 02:52:49 AM »

I don't want to be rude, but 5'6 for a women is actually short, i don't know where did you live, but 5'5 5'6 5'7 and 5'8 are consider the ideal height for women, even when you wear 5" heels you still be 5' 11 which is tall i must say but normal, i went to lived in europe and i gotta tell you, more than 80% of the women are taller than 5' 6, especially the dutch women, who is around 5' 8 to 5' 10 or more, i respect your decision to be shorter, but you really need to do research about it before you really undergo surgery, peace
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up