Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Leg Shortening 2014 -Dr. Sarin- olivetree  (Read 67131 times)

alps

Re: Leg Shortening 2014 -Dr. Sarin- olivetree
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2014, 05:23:13 PM »

Hi olive, how are you?

ewt

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2014, 02:52:49 AM »

I don't want to be rude, but 5'6 for a women is actually short, i don't know where did you live, but 5'5 5'6 5'7 and 5'8 are consider the ideal height for women, even when you wear 5" heels you still be 5' 11 which is tall i must say but normal, i went to lived in europe and i gotta tell you, more than 80% of the women are taller than 5' 6, especially the dutch women, who is around 5' 8 to 5' 10 or more, i respect your decision to be shorter, but you really need to do research about it before you really undergo surgery, peace

Sweden

« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2014, 04:22:03 AM »

Haha!! So the twins stayed for a full year  ;D LOL!!
They both have mentally issues. Don't meet them, they will just start a fight with you for writing your diary.
The guy did both his legs and humorous, nice. He must look really awkward. I have to see him.
I met him when he was at his taller height, but he was fine to me. Even the girl looked okey at her height.

They said we were all fake men who wanted LL, but what the hell are they now 10cm less???  ;D
It's hilarious, they are so messed up in their heads. I do t think even serial killers are that messed up in their brains like those two.
And then they accused us of spreading rumors that they both were having sex.
Well, hearing that they lived together for a full year in India now I'm convinced they sleep with each other.
Maybe their parents also were twins and that's why they are so mentally Ill.  ;D LOL

Nice to hear from you.
Please give us an update!
Best
//Sweden
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

ZaynKhan

• Visitor
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2014, 03:45:11 PM »

Olivetree-- Im from America and I want to get a limb reduction as well. I was planning on going to Dr Sarin as well..We HAVE to talk.

kneehowguys

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2014, 08:51:56 AM »

We should not criticize her desire to be shorter anymore.

You know why?

Because it is what she wants. That should be enough.

And more importantly because she already did the surgery, had complications, and is under enough pressure now.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2014, 09:30:27 AM »

How is she though? Olivetree hasn't updated for a long while. I'm worried about her.

Muse

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2014, 10:06:46 AM »

Kusop, check PM about your post. 

I think Olivetree will update soon, all the best to her recovery.

ZaynKhan

• Visitor
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2014, 03:37:46 AM »

Dameon, have you heard from Olivetree or how she is doing?

olivetree

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2014, 02:43:58 PM »

Hi everyone. Super apologies for not keeping up with this thing. I kept on visiting the site after I came home but my depression got so strong even the thought about this site or the idea of limb lengthening/shortening gave me a moment of anxiety. Even pulling up the will to write an update right now is hard.

Now that the swelling has gone down pretty much almost all the way I'm not too thrilled with the length of my calves in proportion to my thighs. But it only looks odd when I'm nked so I'm not too worried about it. Just another thing I'm going to have to suck up and deal with.

My cut fibulas became displaced in India. You can see and feel the bump on both of my legs where they stick out. Sarin says they will remodel and will eventually go back to their original shape, but that could take a long time. I asked the doctor here if they could do anything and he said not while the bones healing, no.

The main reason I wasn't writing on here was because I was going through the incredible stress of the tendon transfers Sarin performed on both my feet to correct the loss of function in my toes. I went to the hospital that day for just X-rays I thought but then afterward was being carted away to this room where I had this electric current test done on my legs and feet. Sarin came in to read the results and said he thinks that it would be best if I underwent the surgery to fix my toes. I tried to get out of another surgery but he insisted. Of course being the fktard that I am I didn't ask what the surgery was called or what was being done exactly. I just assumed it was work that was being done on the nerve. It was afterward when I started talking about it on old forum  that I got some cryptic ass warning from some anonymous entity who asked Dameon to pass along the message. Saying that they too had the same issue and that Sarin wanted to do the same surgery but after their extensive research and warnings from "competent" doctors not to do it, that it was a last resort method, they avoided the catastrophe. So after a lot of researching and freaking myself out and arguing with Sarin and hating Indias guts I finally get to the day of my departure, happy as hell with the intent on going to the emergency room at the naval hospital back home to try and reverse the surgery ASAP. I had casts on both my legs(from the tendon transfer) and a walker, so you can imagine the decrepit, hot mess I was. I HATED everyone trying to help me or hurry out of my way or ask me what happened or just blatantly staring at me.
Anyway when I get home I'm happy as fk. Japan is beautiful and sunny and clean. No dirty, nked homeless children running around on the streets! I had never ever been so happy to see my base in my whole life. My house was clean and smelled like comfort:) I drank and smoked the night away(yes I know stupid I don't need a lecture)(lol).
The next day I go to the ER. It's incredibly embarrassing to tell them my story, as you can imagine. I get this whore of a nurse who gets the nerve to say to me after I'm done explaining, "So you go travel to a foreign country, have an illegal surgery and now you don't like the results." I just glared at her and said "No, it's just my feet I'm worried about." Thank God there was a nicer nurse in the room who ignored her and just focused on helping me. (In the spirit of Jesse Pinkman: "BITCH!")
So as you may have guessed they can't help me in the ER and don't know anything about the procedures I've done so they make me an appointment in the orthopedic department for the next day. Nothing really to say about it except the doctor didn't know   from   about anything and all he did was make me hate my life and had my casts taken off so he could look at my legs, and then I got better ones put on after wards. So I scheduled ANOTHER appointment with a better doctor and saw him the following week and he was WAY more informative. He actually knew about leg shortening/lengthening and took a special interest in podiatry. He said that normally they do wait for the function to come back in the toes on their own but a tendon tansfer is required when they don't. He said that he had no idea why Sarin would just jump right into it.

{I have a theory of my own. I think that Sarin was taken by surprise at my interest in leaving so early without his precious work being finished and his ego couldn't handle the idea of me going back home in less than a satisfactory state in his eyes. He probably didn't want me seeing other doctors either. I feel that if I had stayed longer and waited this would have never happened, since I was too stupid to question and refuse the surgery.}

Anyway so I'm devastated right and I ask him if this is gonna make my legs defomed and if I'll walk normally yadda yadda yadda and he was totally not worried about me. He said that my legs should look normal since the muscle normally connected to the big toe is pretty thin anyways so if it atrophied then it wouldn't make a big difference. He said my recovery would all depend on how well I do in PT and since I'm young and fit it shouldn't be a problem. People have tendon transfers all the time and they go about their normal lives. I'm just going to be different from now on in that I'll have one working tendon in my foot instead of two.

So SUCK ON THAT YOU ANONYMOUS PIECE OF SH!T. I WILL MAKE A FULL RECOVERY. BECAUSE OF YOU I WAS STRESSING MY fk!NG TITS OFF FOR DAYS THINKING MY LIFE WAS OVER. YOUR LIFE IS OVER, BITCH.

*breathes...*
Phew...mmm, okay. Where was I? Oh yeah, so a couple days ago I had more X-rays done. Its been 4 weeks since my last and it already has shown significant healing! Thats a step up from the absolute zero I had. Its not fully consolidated yet but I have another appointment at the end of this month, right before I move back to the states. Which, by the way is gonna be scary as fk. Having to find another hospital and another doc I'm going to have to tell my horror story to. Having to fight with my ex about taking care of me. Seeing my family again as some crippled freak and having to lie to them about what happened to me.

Since I left India I have been using the walker. My legs do hurt after sometime from all the pressure and swelling and then eventually my body just lets me know its time to rest. In the beginning I was extremely depressed because I was homebound, lying in bed all day or on the couch watching TV. But day by day my legs have been getting stronger and my friend here took me out a few times to the beach and then the mall and the zoo with her kids. We had to use a wheelchair with her pushing me since I can't walk for long periods which is completely embarrassing but me and my friend just crack jokes about it and how retarded we look since I'm so young. A lot of people will stare too and one time I yelled, "Take a picture, bitch!" lmao.

However now I have begun to walk unaided! :) well, its more of an awkward waddle but its something! Haha. My joints crack a bit from all the weight that my legs are just starting to support again. I WANTED to start PT but when I went to the doctors a couple days ago the douche I had the first time round was seeing me and he said that PT wouldn't be a good idea right now since I guess the tendons are still healing(which apparently takes up to 6 months?!) I wouldn't want to stretch them out. Which makes NO sense because the smarter doc I saw last month said that if I had healing right now then I could start PT. My plantar flexion is totally gone. I can only move my feet forward a couple inches if that. I've got like, the opposite of ballerina foot! That's what most worries me, everything else seems to be going fine. But by the end of this month I hope to ditch my stupid walker(which I have respectfully named after the late Paul Walker, which makes it funny to talk about taking Paul Walker to the bathroom with me and helping me make food lol), and leave here with maybe a cane.

So thats pretty much the update guys. Instead of enjoying beautiful Japan my last month here I've been stuck inside. A lot of reading, caught up on The Walking Dead and True Blood. Finally finished Breaking Bad. I've been frequenting mybrokenleg.com a lot since the people on that site seem to be going through more similar things as me that you guys on here don't really experience.  I've been eating a lot too to aid with healing. Back in India I was barely eating what they gave me. Here I have all my favorite healthy foods that I can just eat continuously. Yes, I've gotten fatter.
Last week I got steroid injections at the cosmetic surgery place downtown for the largest scars on my legs. It's gonna take about a month to see some results so we'll see if its worth it! ::)

Just going to throw this out there since I know this is what all y'all are wondering... YES, I regret it. But NO, I do not blame Dr. Sarin, I blame me. I'm 5 grand in debt, going to have to rehabilitate for the rest of the year or more(instead of just the 6 weeks I stupidly assumed), I'm emotionally and physically scarred for life. I could have been signing up for school right now or buying tickets to music festivals going on this summer. I know it's not gonna matter what I say since you guys are probably as hell bent as I was, but don't do it guys. It's not worth all the pain. A chunk of your life is gonna be wasted on something so inconsequential! Life is for living for yourself and your happiness, not for other people(who honestly, don't give two  s how tall you are as long as you're an awesome human being!). Life's too short, so who gives a fk if you are too. There are so many other things I could have done to myself that would have made me feel better about being a little tall instead of chopping my healthy legs off. We're all beautiful. The universe doesn't make mistakes.

Anyway, that's all I got for now. I better get off here before I start wallowing in self pity. I've been avoiding this site like the plague because it honestly depressed me to visit. I want to get through all of this and eventually put everything about this behind me and forgive myself. I'm trying to see this as a learning experience and try to hold on to the hope it will make me a stronger person. But I thought I owed you guys an update, so here it is. Don't know when I'll be back. But if anyone has any questions about anything else I'll try to get back and answer them.

Anyways, goodnight and good luck. Gonna go back to looking at pictures of Daryl Dixon.

xoxo

[This has been a public service announcement]

BilateralDamage

« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2014, 03:28:47 PM »

Jeez.. I'm really really sorry to hear about your situation olivetree.  :-\  You will heal eventually (even the smart doctor didn't think your situation was bad), so never forget that and try to stay positive.  I think also if the orthopedist recommended you to do PT, you should definitely do it and find one that's familiar with tendon replacement surgery.

Wishing you all the best and a full recovery!

Blackhawk

« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2014, 05:40:52 PM »

Thank you for the update Olive.  I am sorry you have had such a difficult time but try to stay positive and work hard to get healthy again.  You will get there eventually.  :)

Machine

• Because you are alive , everything is possible .
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2014, 07:19:26 PM »

Its really stupid of you to blame yourself ..!! you should blame Sarin for what he did to you , because he is the reason you got complication at first . If he did his job properly (which he is not able to perform either on LL or LS cause he is an inexperienced surgeon) , you wouldn't have to go through all this mess at all . it sucks to be in this kinda situation where you think you will be crippled for life (many patients have been through this including me).

i m not trying to offend you but i think you should read b/w the lines , back when Sarin drama started you should have realized that he is not a good surgeon but instead you didn't care about what people say and blindly jumped into the hell hole of Sarin's crippled army . And now you learned it the hard way ..!!

there are much worst untreated complications done by the great Sarin like ; foot drop , nerve issue , x legs , ballerina , alignment , fibula issue.....
and his recent correction surgery of mmn_native http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=25.60 this is the best correction he could do for mmn_native for $17500 (which should not be more then $6000/-) .
Sarin is charging way higher then Dr Parihar not to cure but to f**k the patients for entire life .

i don't know how much he charged you for the surgery but according to Dr Mangal Parihar it should be around $ 6,000/- for LS which he prefers not to do for cosmetic reasons .

"nutshell" stay strong and focused ..!!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 07:27:08 PM by Machine »

olivetree

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2014, 05:19:01 AM »

Its really stupid of you to blame yourself ..!! you should blame Sarin for what he did to you , because he is the reason you got complication at first . If he did his job properly (which he is not able to perform either on LL or LS cause he is an inexperienced surgeon) , you wouldn't have to go through all this mess at all . it sucks to be in this kinda situation where you think you will be crippled for life (many patients have been through this including me).

i m not trying to offend you but i think you should read b/w the lines , back when Sarin drama started you should have realized that he is not a good surgeon but instead you didn't care about what people say and blindly jumped into the hell hole of Sarin's crippled army . And now you learned it the hard way ..!!

there are much worst untreated complications done by the great Sarin like ; foot drop , nerve issue , x legs , ballerina , alignment , fibula issue.....
and his recent correction surgery of mmn_native http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=25.60 this is the best correction he could do for mmn_native for $17500 (which should not be more then $6000/-) .
Sarin is charging way higher then Dr Parihar not to cure but to f**k the patients for entire life .

i don't know how much he charged you for the surgery but according to Dr Mangal Parihar it should be around $ 6,000/- for LS which he prefers not to do for cosmetic reasons .

"nutshell" stay strong and focused ..!!

Before Sarin made the unprofessional decision to mess with my toes I was content with everything aside from the scars on my legs, which I was promptly warned about by him before I even had the surgery. My tibias are proportionate and look normal and the muscles and tissues are continuing to regenerate as expected. Everything involving the leg shortening was done right. The reasons why I have been depressed and miserable is because I was not prepared and ignorant about the recovery afterwards, I don't like the scars and I'm broke. I realized I should have thought about this more and spent my money on wiser things and just tried to grow to love myself. This whole thing is gonna set me back for a while but guess who's fault is that?? ME and me alone. Sarin didn't seek me out and trick me into the surgery. I came to him and told him this is what I wanted. He even recommended I do femurs because tibias take longer to heal. If I had done femurs my toes wouldn't of had any problems and my ankle ROM would be perfect. But I said no. I am a customer and Sarin is running an international business. I'm not excusing what he did or didn't do to other people, I'm just saying in my case he did his job.

And I'm not calling him a saint or anything, but he was urging me to stay longer, and when I said that I was homesick as well as didn't have the money to be at the guesthouse for any longer than a month, he told me that if I'm tight on cash, money won't be an issue. That's how much he thought I needed to stay. And I left India without paying a dime for the guesthouse! All I paid for was the surgery and everything else was free. So as a tip to anyone going to Sarin, let him know if money is tight. Might not work for everyone but it's worth a shot.

The only thing I'm mad about was him pressuring me into the tendon transfer surgery. It's not going to make me a cripple but I do have to work on getting back to normal. I've made my bed and now I have to lay in it. Do I wish I could go back in time and change my mind about everything? Every single day! But what's done is done and I need to move forward and stop being hung up on the past. I WILL recover, it's just going to be harder than what I assumed. So I recommend you Machine to try to move past your anger you still seem to have after all this time too.

olivetree

« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2014, 05:32:03 AM »

I might post pics and/or videos soon just to give everyone a glimpse on my progress.  8)
Also for the guy who apparently wants shortening too.

ZaynKhan: I have no idea why a dude would want LS.... :-X 6'2'' is a sexy, manly height for a guy. I understand though that being tall sometimes means you have elongated arms or neck that could make you look lanky and awkward, which accentuates your height in a negative way. If thats the case idk if shortening will do much to help. But if you must, DO FEMURS!

Machine

• Because you are alive , everything is possible .
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2014, 08:26:00 AM »

yeah you are right that i should move on and i m trying to move on but what upsets me is the fact that they are still playing with our lives . i also feel depress when i visit this site but i try to waste my time n' energy here to make people aware about these doctors because i don't want future LL patients fall into this trap and suffer like us .
if you know what i know about Sarin then you will be scared to   like me and others that you did surgery with him ;
Sarin knows himself that he is not a good surgeon , that he fked so many patients . Still he agrees to do any kinda surgery for money?
He doesn't care about others at all . mmn_native is a good example , Sarin couldn't even perform correction surgery for mmn_native for $17500/- (which is insanely high) and now mmn_native is totaly broke for further correction (i hope he is alright).
do you really think Sarin is that generous for letting you stay in the guest house without paying a dime ? the trick is you already paid too much only for the surgery . india is a very cheap country , that's why only india provides medical visas .

still ,if you blame yourself then its your life but be careful in future . i only hope better for you ..!!

strawberriez

• Visitor
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2014, 08:23:10 PM »

Ok so I was reading your posts. I'm 5'7 and have always hated my height but unfortunately  I would not have this surgery because I would be way to scared of the hell it would bring me. You can get a bone infection, which is very hard to get rid of. You can have a bent leg for life and the toe going inwards, is that better?
But I DO respect your decision, it was very brave and I hope the best for you and others who get there bones cut into. So I'm wondering just a few details: 1) how is the surgery performed, do they removed the tissue and the muscle or ONLY the bone? Like do they only remove bone and then there is extra tissue on you calf. Confused.
2) What is the tendon transplant?
3) How are you doing and is your progress getting better/worse. Can you walk and does it hurt still. Have you tried to walk or is it not allowed?
Posts some pictures if you can and keep this blog up because HONESTLY this is the only blog I could find online about leg shortening, I think you may be the first actually.

I would be soooo scared to do this in india. And how did you find out about this Dr and why is he so hated?  Why would you go to a doctor that is hated??? Lol. I would only go to a doctor in the states or somewhere where they have better equipment/technology and many people are getting this done, not being the first one.

Ok show us your results.

ALSO, 1 more question, can you get more that 1 inch taken off or does it have to be only 3cm, because if I am 5'7 1/2 I think one inch will bring me only to 5'6 1/2 and that doesn't seem worth it. Can you do like 1 inch from tibia and 1 inch from femur. Or is it not allowed? Can they do 2 inches from tibia?
Okay thanks again :) You will get better I know it just eat a lot of meat and calcium even if you are vegetarian, you need the protein from red meat which will speed up your healing.

USApatient

• Private
  • Visitor
  • friends dont let friends lengthen 10"
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2014, 05:07:22 PM »

I'm sorry to hear of your plight. Yet another of Sarins patients unhappy with the final outcome of undergoing treatment by this lack luster surgical handyman. No disrespect to you as I and numerous of my friends left his care with dissatisfaction and regret. 

Taller

« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2014, 04:43:06 AM »

Is the tendon transfer surgery reversible?

justagirl16

• Visitor
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2014, 03:55:08 PM »

thank you so much for posting your story! im only 16 but I want leg shortening surgery (so so badly you cant even imagine) for the same exact reasons as you. I just don't know how to go about it.... and everyone always says things like "oh why do you wanna be short etc." but they just don't get how exactly bad that I want it... even if I could just lose 2 inches i'd be good cause I am 5'6'' right now. I've done all I could and surgery is what I want. would really like to keep in touch with you to ask you a few questions about it. like how was the cost etc and was it safe? kk thanks! p.s. im glad you was able to achieve the surgery, and im happy for your success.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2014, 05:42:55 PM »

Leg shortening comes with its share of problems. The doctors I asked about it on behalf of another all thought it wasn't a good idea. You'll lose leg strength and the muscle compresses, apparently making the legs looks unsightly.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Sweden

« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2014, 05:44:27 PM »

Everyone who wants leg shortening has been mentally ill.

Don't do it!!

BilateralDamage

« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2014, 06:59:11 PM »

Olivetree says she regrets doing this surgery everyday... I highly suggest you not do it.

Moubgf

« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2014, 12:56:29 AM »

thank you so much for posting your story! im only 16 but I want leg shortening surgery (so so badly you cant even imagine) for the same exact reasons as you. I just don't know how to go about it.... and everyone always says things like "oh why do you wanna be short etc." but they just don't get how exactly bad that I want it... even if I could just lose 2 inches i'd be good cause I am 5'6'' right now. I've done all I could and surgery is what I want. would really like to keep in touch with you to ask you a few questions about it. like how was the cost etc and was it safe? kk thanks! p.s. im glad you was able to achieve the surgery, and im happy for your success.

Lol you are short already ...sigh..

Cannibal

« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2014, 01:36:27 AM »

Lol you are short already ...sigh..

5'6 is a perfect height for a woman these days. It's nowhere close to short.
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Moubgf

« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2014, 02:14:01 AM »

5'6 is a perfect height for a woman these days. It's nowhere close to short.

Yep. But it is still short. Otherwise people would not deem 5'6 man short.

Cannibal

« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2014, 02:52:26 AM »

Yep. But it is still short. Otherwise people would not deem 5'6 man short.

A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Moubgf

« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2014, 03:11:38 AM »

Tallgirl86

• Visitor
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2014, 11:40:54 AM »

I would also love to know the answers to these questions Olivetree.
I'm 174cm tall, 5'8, 27year old girl. Would lovvvvvvve this surgery.
Looking at dr Xia from china

Sweden

« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2014, 02:41:17 PM »

I would also love to know the answers to these questions Olivetree.
I'm 174cm tall, 5'8, 27year old girl. Would lovvvvvvve this surgery.
Looking at dr Xia from china

You're height is just perfect the way it is.

Get on a diet instead and hit the gym.

EVERYONE who has done this surgery has been close to retarded.
(I could understand it if you're above 6 feet, but you're not)

Moubgf

« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2014, 03:33:58 PM »

Let them sweden, stupid&ignorant people deserve all the pain they can get. Zero fks given.

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2014, 12:16:43 AM »

Everyone who wants leg shortening has been mentally ill.

Don't do it!!
Agree so much,not only your legs look much unglier and stumpy afterthat. We want height,and you don't want it.AND YOU ARE NOT EVEN fkING TALL GIRLS. YOU WILL LOOK LIKE MONKEYS AFTER THAT. JUST DAMN UNDERSTAND HOW PRECIOUS HEIGHT IS. AS SWEDEN SAID YOU ARE MENTALLY SICK. YOU ARE TOO TALL?YOU LOOK SKINNY? fkIING WORK YOUR ASS IN THE GYM,YOU ARE A GIRL AND FEEL TALL? DONT WEAR HIGH HEELS. SO SIMPLE >.<
Current height 5'8 Future height: 5'11 . 3 inch gain tibias in Russia.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up