Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: microman monorail tibias dr. mitkovic  (Read 70149 times)

KrP1

Re: microman monorail tibias dr. mitkovic
« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2015, 10:39:57 AM »

had a 6.5cm review with dr mitkovic and a new x-ray for him to see.

he said i could go to 7.0cm and the risk would be minor misalingment, it would not be as bad as the misaligment that discreteuser had at 2.7cm, his was more moderate to major.

spoke to another patient here who got major misalingment at 3.5cm, he said they tried to fix it 3 times then he had to do a minor operation to finally fix it, that was also a major misalingment.

the dr. said i would have a high chance of major misalingment at 7.5cm.

i have decided to go to 7.0cm and risk a minor misaligment, but it is likely i wont risk the major misalingment to 7.5, interestingly the other 3 patients before me had major misalingmets at around 3cm so in context things seem very good so far.

I dont think that you hve taken a good decision. If you are now at 6.5 without missalignament stop here. It does not worth it to do 0.5cm more are develop a misaligment . Even if it is minor.

microman

« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2015, 12:43:30 PM »

well that's kindof the opposite of my mindset, seems misalingments are common here, the other 3 patients before me got moderate misalingments at 2-3cm and they are all fixed so i don't see an issue, overall i am prepared to have a misalingment anyway as they all did before me.

microman

« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2015, 04:47:58 PM »

spoke with the doctor today, good news is nothing has changed since the last x-ray! we thought perhaps a minor misalingment was going to happen but it didn't.

im at 6.7cm now and he advised 3 more mm to 7.0cm and then a new x-ray to check everything is okay before further lengthening.

I think it may be a case of stopping at 7cm but we don't know for sure, overall he wasn't against the idea of stopping at 7cm but he did want to see an x-ray at 7cm first to be sure.

I don't have any particular set goal in my mind so im happy to stop at 7.0,7.5 or 8.0cm depending on safety.

i would never go above 8cm as i know that is safety limit, i have never seen one doctor say over 8cm was safety limit.

Taller

« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2015, 04:55:06 PM »

Could you post a picture of your proportions? I am curious what 7CM on tibia looks like. Thanks!

microman

« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2015, 06:31:28 PM »

okay here is a side view

http://i.imgur.com/KnnS1Mw.jpg?1

my femurs are still 2cm longer than tibia.

prince2 has good shots of him standing with 8cm added he says they are equal length, but he isn't sure.

Taller

« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2015, 06:59:07 PM »

Wow, I expected your proportions to look really bad, but they actually look really good! It looks like your femur is still 5+ CM longer.

microman

« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2015, 07:27:43 PM »

thanks!

and why would you think it would look bad, some people can have tibs as long as femur, so even if i went to 9cm it wouldn't look particuarly bad.

i will never do more than 8cm anyway.

there is someone on the old forum that made his tibs longer than femur, the only one that has done that.

you can check his diary on that place, to qoute

my case is a bit more unusual. My tibias are slightly longer than my femurs, and most vets have it the other way round. Before LL, Dr Xia said my tibia was 7cm shorter while Dr Zhao said it was 6.5cm. Not sure which is correct but I lengthened 8.3cm, so I definitely do have longer tibias than femurs now. – shootingfor6cm

Taller

« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2015, 07:53:25 PM »

thanks!

and why would you think it would look bad, some people can have tibs as long as femur, so even if i went to 9cm it wouldn't look particuarly bad.

When I wear 10CM lifts for fun (which actually give 7CM over normal shoes), my tibiae look really long for my height. Nobody else seems to notice though, as I wear pants over them. It doesn't look horrible but not great persay. Like a lot of RGKey's pics.

microman

« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2015, 01:08:04 PM »

i am at 7.2cm, dr. came to see me today.

he said if i go further there is a 25% chance i will get bowed leg in one leg, he would correct it with a device anyway, he said he has had to do this with about 20% of his patients, maily the ones that go above 6cm, so it's not an uncommon thing.

just have to decide whether i should stop or not, will spend the next few hours deciding, i like the idea of leaving with no complications and with 7cm.

yagen

« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2015, 01:26:24 PM »

Its a good height. One cms is only in your mind.

7 cm is the limit for a good recovery, your have a life to enjoy your live.
Manage the pros and contras, but more cm than 8 is greed and if your leg are bowed, I think its a check point to stop.

Best regards

Morgenst.

« Reply #134 on: November 29, 2015, 01:06:38 PM »

Oh wow, that's mean. How'd you manage to come across that?

Jesus man what do your arms look like?

Rush

• Visitor
« Reply #135 on: November 29, 2015, 08:52:18 PM »

Jesus man what do your arms look like?

They're actually perfectly normal looking because they're natural? I've never noticed that they were short except when I do a double bicep pose. I think having a think frame drastically lowers your wingspan.

EDIT:
Read a post on measuring wingspan by laying down on tape measure. Realize that I was measuring with protracted shoulder blade last time. Updated wingspan LOL.
Starting/current height: 167cm
Desired height: 180cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Tiny

« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2015, 03:39:18 PM »

Hi microman,

Can you give us an update. Thanks! I hope you're doing better now.

Tiny

crusader1980

• Visitor
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2016, 05:55:28 PM »

any updates would be appreciated microman, thanks

aspirant185

« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2016, 05:20:53 PM »

It seems that he is just the typical LLer who recovers great and starts enjoying his new height, never thinking about LL and thus abonding this forum :) I think if he had any problems he would let us now. Anyway, his proportions look really well. I think that for proportion purposes lengthening tibias is MUCH better. The average person has no clue that the femurs are supposed to be onger so he will notice 2 bones that are similar and will not think anything is wrong :)
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Alu

« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2016, 07:31:33 PM »

Don't make that inference. We don't know how he's doing and out of respect shouldn't speculate.

Also if anything, he probably decided not to post anymore considering that that ED page was posted and what not.

crimsontide

« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2016, 07:55:05 PM »

aspirant,

your assertion that a typical ll recovers great has no basis in fact

it seems to be what you  hope is true, but is contradicted by  the majority of diaries

you've postulated your conclusion, which is also known as circular reasoning

people stop their diaries suddenly for all sorts of reasons...   No evidence is no evidence though

the evidence we have leads to the conclusion that cosmetic ll  leads to lesser function in a large % of patients

TIBIKE200

« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2016, 08:34:26 PM »

aspirant,

your assertion that a typical ll recovers great has no basis in fact

it seems to be what you  hope is true, but is contradicted by  the majority of diaries

you've postulated your conclusion, which is also known as circular reasoning

people stop their diaries suddenly for all sorts of reasons...   No evidence is no evidence though

the evidence we have leads to the conclusion that cosmetic ll  leads to lesser function in a large % of patients

Your assumption is baseless to the same degree as his assumption which is 100% contradictory to yours. Also remember that the majority of diaries were done by patients that went to bad LL doctors.
I learned some stuff during this time

Thatdude950

« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2016, 08:37:04 PM »

It seems that he is just the typical LLer who recovers great and starts enjoying his new height, never thinking about LL and thus abonding this forum :) I think if he had any problems he would let us now. Anyway, his proportions look really well. I think that for proportion purposes lengthening tibias is MUCH better. The average person has no clue that the femurs are supposed to be onger so he will notice 2 bones that are similar and will not think anything is wrong :)

Oh man, just lol at your "typical" LL'er, if only that were true ... pure fantasy

aspirant185

« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2016, 08:37:42 PM »

If anything, my assumption that if somebody stops writing that is because he is doing great is much more likely than the opposite, that he has problems. To say the least, if you are doing great, you quickly forget the procedure, the forum, move on. If you have pain, well that will prevent you from forgetting and moving on and is likely to make u come here, either to complain, or to ask for advice, or just to warn others.

Think about it. If somebody has problems, he might at least come here for an advice. I ve read many diaries, mainly from Guichet and Mitkovic, where people were diong great throughout the whole lengthening, did not have any problems, and suddenly stopped writing. This is the case here. What do you think is more likely, that he has or has no problems ?

Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Thatdude950

« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2016, 08:37:53 PM »

Your assumption is baseless to the same degree as his assumption which is 100% contradictory to yours. Also remember that the majority of diaries were done by patients that went to bad LL doctors.

There are 30+ Betz diaries.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2016, 08:39:12 PM »

There are 30+ Betz diaries.

Betz was a fraud with his so called Betzbone and people lengthened there insane amounts...

Thatdude950

« Reply #146 on: February 17, 2016, 08:39:58 PM »

If anything, my assumption that if somebody stops writing that is because he is doing great is much more likely than the opposite, that he has problems.

Think about it. If somebody has problems, he might at least come here for an advice. I ve read many diaries, mainly from Guichet and Mitkovic, where people were diong great throughout the whole lengthening, did not have any problems, and suddenly stopped writing. This is the case here. What do you think is more likely, that he has or has no problems ?

I keep a strength training log .. I post my personal records a lot more than I post about my failures. I assume that most with a diary would be similar - and keen to share their positive progress, while minimising the negative with the occasional vent

aspirant185

« Reply #147 on: February 17, 2016, 08:42:01 PM »

I keep a strength training log .. I post my personal records a lot more than I post about my failures. I assume that most with a diary would be similar - and keen to share their positive progress, while minimising the negative with the occasional vent

It makes no sense to boost about positives and hide negatives from people..when the sole purpose of the online community is to seek help from people to...surpass the negatives. I think you are an exception.

I am challanging anybody to give link to a diary from Mitkovic or Guichet (excluding that crazy asian dude who did 10cm) who reported problems aftewards.
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

theuprising

« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2016, 08:44:30 PM »

It makes no sense to boost about positives and hide negatives from people..when the sole purpose of the online community is to seek help from people to...surpass the negatives. I think you are an exception.

People will post their best selves online see facebook, instagram for examples. What thatdude950 does is standard practice.

aspirant185

« Reply #149 on: February 17, 2016, 08:46:12 PM »

People will post their best selves online see facebook, instagram for examples. What thatdude950 does is standard practice.

Seriously, you compare Facebook and Instagra, the very definition of place where people show off , with that forum, where people want to be as anonymous and as under the radar as possible :D :D That is your comparison ?
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

Thatdude950

« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2016, 08:46:25 PM »

I am challanging anybody to give link to a diary from Mitkovic or Guichet (excluding the exception that did 10cm) who reported problems aftewards.

So your signature is out of date then? You've moved from Betz, who you thought was one of the good doctors, to some others. Here's the tip - it's not a few rotten apples, but the whole barrel.

It makes sense to share some negatives/questions/fears etc... But that's easier in the recovery process while there's still hope. but to tell the whole story at the end (if it's bad) and basically admit you made a giant mistake takes huge balls and mental strength. What's more likely is a slow, invisible disappearance ...

aspirant185

« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2016, 08:49:37 PM »

No, I am still going to Betz. Regardless of the negative diaries. There are also plenty of positive ones. People that are around 165 go to Betz and lengthen 9+  , that is asking for trouble, regarding where you go .

With that being said, I might still go to Mitkovic , have not completely made my mind yet. if I manage to get 6 month time out from work I would most likely to go Mitkovic because I see much more value in his offer. I am yet to find a negative diariy from Mitkovic..and there are plenty of diaries overall.
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

theuprising

« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2016, 08:50:47 PM »

Seriously, you compare Facebook and Instagra, the very definition of place where people show off , with that forum, where people want to be as anonymous and as under the radar as possible :D :D That is your comparison ?

Seriously yes. Consider someone paying for LL making all the sacrifices that go along with it and then sharing with everyone how badly it went. If you think that would be standard for someone you don't understand human psychology.

crimsontide

« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2016, 08:51:09 PM »

tbike,

what is my assumption??? please  point out my baseless assumption.. I didn't even assert anything.. 

Please point  it out directly from my post.

thatdude, I tend to agree with you.. Certainly though, we can't conclude that people disappear because everything is great... we just don't know...

all we have are diaries... and a large number don't turn out great... 

TIBIKE200

« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2016, 08:51:41 PM »

There are 2 kind of people on this forum
1) The optimistic people (like moi) who believe that by going to the top doctor you can minimize the risks and not get out of it half crippled. We do it because we want to do LL and dont want to keep fighting against our own minds when it comes to the height neurosis

2) The passimistic folks who are in a war between themselves and their mind. Their mind want to do this surgery but they do not want to go through it, seeing only the negative and trying their best to persuade themselves (Or to be more specific, their mind) that it's not worth the risk

No group is better than the other but I dont believe it's fair to try to persuade other people away from this surgery (and the good docs) for your own will in the end to persuade yourselves
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up