Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Motorbike after LL  (Read 2796 times)

Oniria

Motorbike after LL
« on: September 30, 2015, 10:25:26 AM »

Hi everyone :-) I have a question for people who have already done surgery. Does somebody here in the forum drive motorbikes? If you length femors with internal method, can you drive them again after nail removal? My concern is the possibility of rebreakage of bones when you have to bear the weight of motorbike. Any experience?
Thanks

G-Man

Re: Motorbike after LL
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 08:46:47 PM »

I drive motorcycles, didn't get the surgery yet but you don't bear the weight of the bike anyway.  When you stop you  are on balance so there's barely weight on your feet.  The only time that you'll really bear weight is if you drop it and have to put it back up alone.  Since people do squats after healing, it shouldn't be a problem!

Oniria

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 10:59:26 AM »

Thanks for the answer, G-Man. You are right, I was worried about bone if is not strong enough but yes, a lot of people do squats so it could be the same thing (even if motorbikes are so weighty, especially for a women). Can I ask you what kind of motorbike you have? When will you have your surgery?
greetings

G-Man

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 03:02:41 AM »

I always had sport bikes, last one was a Honda CBR900RR but sold it cuz I lost 43 pts on my driver's licence.  Next one will be a Ducati 1098 most likely.
Planning the surgery for next fall hopefully!
Are you planning for a sport or custom bike and did you choose your doctor?

Oniria

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 08:44:28 AM »

Honda Cbr is an amazing motorbike. I drove it one time and I was in love with it, but it's too tall for me.
I drive a nked Kawasaki and my next one will be a Monster 696. Ducati creates great motorbikes.
I'm considering doctor Guichet and doctor Monegal for femor lengthening. Have you chosen?
Cheers

Oniria

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 08:48:01 AM »

Sorry G-Man, I have read now you are planning to go with G-nail in 2016. Have you already met doctor Guichet for a consultation?

G-Man

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 09:54:23 PM »

Yes I agree the CBR has a real nice look still, I love the inline 4 sound but it's time to see if I'll like the Ducati V2 as much!  The CBR has a 32" seat height which is kinda tall for a chick!  Even the Monster has 30.5 seat height but you can shave the seat like a lot of girls do. 

I did not meet him yet, still saving for the 100k but yes, I should start the process by having a consultation!  Did you make your appointment?

Emef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 05:45:28 AM »

Mine is also honda cbr!!! Its cbr 250 n i love it!
Mod Note: Was originally banned temporarily for clone account "YEMEF" on Oct 15 and informed of the reason with ban message ""banned for clone account: Emef:Yemf".  Return only to lie  that " this forum does that without giving an explanation without doing anything wrong".  Banned again on Feb 16.

Sweden

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 10:46:20 AM »

There is no problem riding motorcycles after LL. I bought the new R1 this year and have driven it all around Europe this summer. I stored it now for the winter with 7400km on the ODO.

I've been racing with it on 6 track days too. I'm not getting the good lap times I did before when I was younger and crazier but I'm doing pretty well.
The new R1 is insane.
I'm thinking of the 2016 upgrade that looks like the former M1 Rossi drove. It looks so sweet :)
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

G-Man

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 06:11:42 PM »

Love the 2015 R1 with its racetrack looks, pretty high tech as well!  Feel free to post pics!

Oniria

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 10:07:26 AM »

Yamaha R1 is a beast  :) happy to read there are other bikers here and there is no problem ridyng them after LL. Motorbikes are my biggest passion and I couldn't renounce.  Thank you, guys
Pages: [1]   Go Up