Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Monegal / Spain / Bilateral Femurs / Fitbone / August 25, 2015  (Read 85018 times)

Christopherbulder

Re: Dr. Monegal / Spain / Bilateral Femurs / Fitbone / August 25, 2015
« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2016, 01:04:47 PM »

hello
very nice 8CM  perfect   :)

Thatdude950

« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2016, 02:17:07 PM »

Hello y'all, apparently the moderators have unlocked my diary. LOL I still have no idea what I personally did that disrupted any rules, but say hello again to Bohemia. :)

I would like to post a video that exhibits my latest climbing of steps up and down.

Also, photos of my leg proportions lying down on a couch, and current scars.

Holy moly, your femur looks so long. Maybe it's the angle and that you've lost muscle mass.

I consider myself to have long - very long femurs, but I think you can get away with it if they're decently muscled. Do you plan to build them up again? Squatting will be harder with your new long femurs but there are ways around it. Here are mine from the same angle ...

JConnor

• Visitor
« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2016, 03:50:47 AM »

Thanks for the update, Bohemia! Very happy to see you doing so well. Those scars are so minimal, awesome. You should take a picture of your leg from knee level to get a better idea of the proportions.  The angle of that pic distorts it too much.

verlings32

• Visitor
« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2016, 11:32:45 AM »

Your femurs are too long. They don't look good in my opinion. You should have done 6 cm. Long legs are just for chicks

Your energy and vibe is toxic on this forum. You are a bully.

I believe that you are a doctor trying to spread negativity for your own benefit.

bigdave

• Visitor
« Reply #159 on: January 08, 2016, 11:38:53 PM »

You're looking great Bohemia! Congrats man! It looks like you are recovering well!

Devildog 0331

« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2016, 03:05:54 AM »

Hey how are you?

Would like to know if everything is ok

• Visitor
« Reply #161 on: May 20, 2016, 07:15:49 PM »

Just read this diary and its very inspiring... I would like to know of your recovery, as we all know many doctors can give you height, but not many can guarantee a full recovery without common problems such as x-legs, knee pain, along with all other after lengthening complications. Reason I am asking is because, it is recommended to do 6/7 cm max, and you did 8cm, so I am wondering to see if its safe for me to do the same as I am currently at 165cm too.

Also, are you looking on doing the tibias? if so, what method are you looking to lengthen with? cause LON, LATN, and Internal methods are known to leave permanent knee pain because of how the nail is being inserted. 

But great diary, can tell you graduated - well informed report 

Lgazer

« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2016, 10:21:44 PM »

This doctor isn't good according to Cooper. Read his well-informed diary. There are other bad cases like Musicmakers. 2 years and not yet recovered, malfunction of nails, fractures... Most patients have problems. Most of them lie.

Yemuf

• Visitor
« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2016, 11:33:12 PM »

lluser / ppatient / llgazer , welcome back! we missed you..

what are these complications you talking about? please tell us more

• Visitor
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2016, 06:09:03 AM »

I will definitely need to look into the other diaries... But then again, its hard to tell which doctor is good, and which one is not, cause there's something good & bad about every doctor, just have to try and balance the good and bad diaries and then decide. My only concern is why did the owner of this diary stop posting if he was doing so well?

Other common LL problems are losing ability to run, no explosive power, pain in various places, if you read a lot of diaries on here, you will see the problems people normal have.

Devildog 0331

« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2016, 04:14:16 PM »

This by far is the best and most inspiring diary I have read. It was well written brief and extremely informative. It breaks my heart he stop posting

Bohemia

« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2016, 02:41:02 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Bohemia here again. I have not updated in quite a while, but would like to raise awareness about how I fair currently.

Today, 8/2/16, means I underwent the treatment approximately 11 months ago on 8/25/15, so I can reasonably discuss my healing at large.

Hear the specifics in the video below:

As a summary, I have no complaints whatsoever, and live completely normally. No pains, no repairs, no tragedies. I literally live my normal life day to day, and honestly, I never think about limb lengthening, and kind of erased it from my history. I pretend I simply have always been 5'9"-ish. :)

Two unique experiences to share, besides what I posted in the video:

1. I recall as a smaller man, I would look at a tall man and sort of wonder what that felt like. And just yesterday a guy walked past me and I felt that same wonder again—like "cool, that dude must enjoy his height, good for him, I will never know what that feels like." But later I stood and walked across the room and found myself next to the guy, and he and I looked at each other eye to eye!

In other words, the fact that I lengthened my limbs three inches and stand taller has not 100% unravelled through my psychology yet. My image of myself physically has not fully re-oriented itself to my new physique. haha

2. At about June I specifically felt the gate of my walk transition from clunky and mechanical to bouncy and fluid—the way it felt prior to the surgery. I suspect at that point my bone osteogenesis finally connected or completed or strengthened in some manner. I could literally *feel* the exact crossover from the janky clunky Edward Scissorhands walk to the springy hoppy athletic walk. Then once that occurred, for about 2 months I underwent a smoothing-out phase, or a working-the-kinks-out phase, where once every two weeks I felt a very specific ache at a spot along my femur, and then in 2-3 days the tension popped, and that area felt wholly normal again as if surgery never took place.

So all in all, I live completely normally except I do not lift weights or exercise besides a ride on my bike every day for fun.

At this current moment, I feel very happy about this procedure and can safely encourage others to do it too.
Dr. Alex Monegal / Barcelona, Spain / Femurs 8cm / Implanted August 25, 2015 / Removed February 21, 2018

CCMidwest

« Reply #167 on: August 02, 2016, 03:06:46 PM »

Excellent update.

Thank you for this.

Congrats man.
5'7.5

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #168 on: August 02, 2016, 05:32:08 PM »

Great video. I know exactly what you mean about the whole beta male thing-it sucks.
I only just read your diary today, but I'm glad everything has worked out for you.

ll3ll

• Visitor
« Reply #169 on: August 02, 2016, 08:53:08 PM »

So great to hear! Only question - is there a reason you don't lift weights (pain?) or exercise as you maybe did previously?

Growth20

• Visitor
  • Live and let live.
« Reply #170 on: September 03, 2016, 10:35:23 PM »

Very inspirational diary.  Thanks for the video.  I am in the process of having this done with Dr. Monegal to correct a discrepancy of about 1 inch and I'm going to go ahead and add a few inches to my height as well.  Your posts have relieved some of my fears.  You project confidence in most if not all of your posts which shows you went into this with confidence which must be the reason you came out of it very well.  Helps to read from people like yourself. Enjoy your new height Bohemia  :) :) .
"Pain subsides, wounds heal and height remains!" - Growth20

Lengthening with Doctor Monegal in Barcelona Spain

The View

« Reply #171 on: September 03, 2016, 11:36:36 PM »

hey Bohemia

The video is quite inspiring could relate to a lot of what you said and hope to feel how you feel after my procedure.

Do you feel recovered enough to play sport? What was the substance you rubbed on your scars? What's stopping you from squat jumping to touch the ceiling? haha

rock112

« Reply #172 on: September 04, 2016, 11:16:54 PM »

Great diary! How do you feel running? In the video you said you've never tried squat jumping since recovery. Is that because you feel like you can't? Or you just never got around to it? Loved the video, thanks man.

petite

• Visitor
« Reply #173 on: September 06, 2016, 03:43:35 AM »

Hi Bohemia,

I'm very happy for you that you've fully recovered and enjoying your new height.  I really enjoyed reading your diary.  I understand you recommend LL for whomever needs it, but would you recommend certain doctors over others?

Best Regards.

M

• Visitor
« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2016, 05:50:02 PM »

"I recall as a smaller man, I would look at a tall man and sort of wonder what that felt like. And just yesterday a guy walked past me and I felt that same wonder again—like "cool, that dude must enjoy his height, good for him, I will never know what that feels like." But later I stood and walked across the room and found myself next to the guy, and he and I looked at each other eye to eye!

In other words, the fact that I lengthened my limbs three inches and stand taller has not 100% unravelled through my psychology yet. My image of myself physically has not fully re-oriented itself to my new physique. haha"

I know exactly how you feel! It's an odd phenomenon. The outside looks fine to everyone else ... but the inside takes a lot longer to catch up. I just finished lengthening my tibias. I'm now 175 cm ... but I still walk into a room or answer the door with that old feeling of trepidation ... assuming I'll be the shortest person in the room. It takes time ...

Iamready

« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2016, 06:19:11 PM »

Happens to me all the time.  I see someone from afar and I think they're taller but the opposite is true.  I've only been walking for a few months so I guess it goes away with time. 

Bohemia

« Reply #176 on: February 24, 2018, 03:12:39 PM »

My Current Situation

Hello Everyone,

I last posted over a year ago. I underwent my surgery on August 25, 2015 and finally underwent the removal surgery on February 21, 2018—this means I left the Fitbone nails in my femurs for 2.5 years.

In that time, my bones had healed completely. My spring, dexterity, agility, flexibility, etc. had resumed as if the surgery had not occurred, although I have needed to account for the new proportions of my legs. It has factually altered my gate as my femurs require a longer stride. This took time to reconcile.

Due to personal affairs I could not fly back to Barcelona for over two years however Dr. Monegal and I chatted a month ago and agreed to complete this experience with a removal surgery on February 21st.

I departed on February 19 from USA to London overnight and landed in Barcelona on February 20th. I then resided at Hotel Abba Garden overnight. On February 21st I shuttled to Clinica Diagonal, underwent a battery of blood, radiology, and respiratory exams, at which point a pair or nurses shaved my entire legs and laid me in my hospital bed. Dr. Monegal and Claudio hung out in my room for a half hour to chat and then nurses wheeled me to a staging room where they inserted a catheter in my hand and placed me under anesthesia so I fell asleep. I awoke in three hours and they wheeled me to my hospital room. Honestly, the whole experienced occurred without any disruption or error. The nurses cared for me for two days and I left back for the USA on February 23rd. In other words, as of today I experienced the surgery just three days ago. LOL

I can walk almost normally but with aches in the removal locations on my thighs. I am also currently on one Diazepam 5mg and Paracetamol 1g that Dr. Monegal gave to me in dispensable packets so that I can enter back into my normal day without any pain or awkwardness.

Helpful Links For An Itinerary

• Hotel abba Garden - Reside here for a temporary lodge
https://www.abbagardenhotel.com/en/home.html

The hotel front desk provided me a shuttle to the hospital for free. It sits less than one mile from the hospital.

• Clinica Diagonal - Undergo surgery here
http://www.clinicadiagonal.com/

The admissions desk and nurse crew accommodated me phenomenally. I cannot give a single complaint. Every person there can talk to you in half-English so almost no confusion occurs.

• MIC Sant Jordi - Reside here long-term for recovery
http://www.barcelonadisability.org/en/

The team at this disability apartment center remain on standby 24 hours. I cannot over-emphasize the help and support they gave to me. It also features an in-house gym and pool where you can stretch, stationary cycle, and walk in water every day. Moreover, the in-house restaurant cooks authentic Catalonian dishes and will bring them to your door upon request or you can hang out in their cafe and drink fruit smoothies while on free WIFI. If you come to Barcelona, then reside here long-term. No other apartment center will compare. I personally guarantee that.

Sample Itinerary

• Fly to Barcelona–El Prat Airport
• Taxi to Hotel abba Garden for a night
• Shuttle to Clinica Diagonal in the morning
• Undergo surgery for a day and immediate recovery for five days in hospital room
• Taxi to MIC Sant Jordi
• Reside at MIC Sant Jordi and undergo therapy in-house for two months to stretch, walk, bike, and live

Dr. Monegal & Claudio

I love these two men. They have revolutionized my psychology and become brothers to me. Dr. Monegal installed and removed the Fitbone nails, and Claudio oversaw radiology and massaged and stretched my legs every day for two months. I consider myself very lucky to have discovered them. I cried when I looked back at this photo of us on my hospital bed a few days ago. These two men care for their patients.

Disabled Traveler

You will need to come to terms with the fact you will life as a disabled person for a while. For example, when you travel by airplane, you will need to tell the airport crew that you need disabled assistance. They will provide a wheelchair, wheel you from terminal through security and customs to the gate, and possibly carry you on a little shuttle four-wheeler down corridors of the airport. Moreover, they will wheel you down the plank from the gate to the door of the airplane. Then the stewards & stewardesses will accommodate you as a disabled person.

This opens a can of worms to a certain extent and will provide you a completely alternate experience as a traveler. One one hand, it seemed to abbreviate the airport logistics and allowed me access to a back-stage security protocol and terminal-to-gate priority on my travel in Barcelona. However, on my second travel it seemed to elongate and burden my logistics. It required a number of instances where flight crews accommodated me last and even caused me to miss a connecting flight due to their negligence at which point they booked me for another flight. In this sense, I consider the whole concept of a 'disabled traveler experience' to be a mixed bag.

As I said, with a disabled-friendly airport crew it can abbreviate the travel experience, however with a disabled-unfriendly airport crew it elongates and disrupts your travel experience. I now sympathize with disabled people and recognize their struggles. People care for you but also treat you like an alien at the same time.

For now I will leave you with this post, take a look at my inbox, and if anyone would like to share any comments or concerns, I will see if I can answer them.

Good luck,
Bohemia

P.S. To nip a common concern in the bud: Yes, if I were in your shoes, I would do this again. It has helped me to become a much better person. That said it comes with a cost: it feels like my body has aged ten years because of this.
Dr. Alex Monegal / Barcelona, Spain / Femurs 8cm / Implanted August 25, 2015 / Removed February 21, 2018

Android

« Reply #177 on: February 25, 2018, 01:07:40 AM »

Thanks for the update Bohemia! Truly a great diary, thanks for sharing videos as well. The details really make it shine.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

helloworld

« Reply #178 on: February 25, 2018, 05:28:23 PM »

Let us now how the recovery goes!
For me the breaking of the legs was easier than expected but the taking out of the nails was harder than expected.
So it took me like 2 months to be at the same state as before the removal.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

Whimsical

« Reply #179 on: February 25, 2018, 11:09:56 PM »

I checked your videos, your pics and can't take you seriously. Moose said you were a fake. I don't think you are but I would advise people not to trust you for many reasons. A person who supports a guy with criminal charges deserves no respect.

Cinderella

« Reply #180 on: February 25, 2018, 11:43:55 PM »

As usual a troll trying to screw a legit and genuine diary.
Go and find a job dude! These guys are good. Brilliant I would say.
Who are you calling a criminal?

Paley? Maybe you support him...enjoy the reading

https://www.google.es/amp/www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/fl-doctor-dror-paley-20160318-story,amp.html

patientprivacy

« Reply #181 on: February 25, 2018, 11:52:52 PM »

Dr Monegal is a brilliant doctor, and his patients support him. There aren't criminal charges against him. Whimsical has no legitimate reason to attack him.

Bohemia

« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2018, 12:21:44 PM »

Let us now how the recovery goes!
For me the breaking of the legs was easier than expected but the taking out of the nails was harder than expected.
So it took me like 2 months to be at the same state as before the removal.

I allowed 2.5 years (30 months) for my bones to completely heal and muscles to strengthen. It seemed crazy that people would remove them within 12 months and even lift weights! The diary of programdude verified this for me so I remained very cautious and told myself to give it two years or more.

U only live once

« Reply #183 on: February 26, 2018, 12:27:03 PM »

Being a patient myself I can tell Bohemia was a legitimate patient of Dr. Monegal. His diary explains what I am also going through.

Keep it up Bohemia.
Aim high

yagen

« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2018, 12:40:04 PM »

I allowed 2.5 years (30 months) for my bones to completely heal and muscles to strengthen. It seemed crazy that people would remove them within 12 months and even lift weights! The diary of programdude verified this for me so I remained very cautious and told myself to give it two years or more.

Good to know about you. My best wishes Bohemia.

Whimsical

« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2018, 04:36:10 PM »

As usual a troll trying to screw a legit and genuine diary.
Go and find a job dude! These guys are good. Brilliant I would say.
Who are you calling a criminal?

Paley? Maybe you support him...enjoy the reading

https://www.google.es/amp/www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/fl-doctor-dror-paley-20160318-story,amp.html

Criminal charges against the false physiotherapist and the doctor was also bashed by some members here (I don't know if true).

Bohemia doesn't look mentally stable. His pics and videos give a bad impression. I don't trust him.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up