Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley  (Read 266561 times)

yagen

Re: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley
« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2016, 02:49:39 PM »

What is the lowest rate?
Thank you

Iamready

« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2016, 02:58:28 PM »

LowesT rate of lenghtening is .25mm a day. The risk is consolidation may occur so this Friday I'll get my X-ray and report back if I can continue lenghtening.

yagen

« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2016, 03:17:58 PM »

Cheers!!!!

Peaceout

« Reply #189 on: January 06, 2016, 05:48:13 PM »

I guess if I start looking in the mirror and notice my arms looking like a t-rex I always could stop the lengthening.
I guess thats a good plan. :)
But for arm lengthening i cant say the same thing.We are in 2016 alredy.CLL is here for like 15-20 years but I didnt even see 1 cosmetic arm lengthening diary yet..Maybe with todays techonology its way too dangerous

Deads

« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2016, 06:10:45 PM »

But for arm lengthening i cant say the same thing.We are in 2016 alredy.CLL is here for like 15-20 years but I didnt even see 1 cosmetic arm lengthening diary yet..Maybe with todays techonology its way too dangerous

People generally couldn't be bothered with arm lengthening. The only people who would desperately need it are those who have done 2 surgeries. After that, who the hell wants to go through a 3rd surgery. You're hard strung to find people who are willing to do 2 of these surgeries let alone 3. Someone with a lot of time, money, dedication and an obsessive concern with their proportions are the only ones. Not many people have all four of these things (no one yet at least). Doctors can lengthen the humerus without any troubles so it's not a technology thing.

PatientZero

« Reply #191 on: January 06, 2016, 07:50:20 PM »

There's been a few arm lengthening cases, one guy did external humerus with Paley for a real discrepancy not cosmetic.

Also, old forum admin who infamously did both lower limbs to extreme amounts also did humerus lengthening with Betzbone, heard he got a bone infection.

Like the argument between femur vs tibia, the humerus is safer than the ulna/radius 'cuz its one bone to break and theres more muscle and less tendons to stretch.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #192 on: January 06, 2016, 08:12:35 PM »

Hope you get a good result at the end. Good luck. You are in good hands.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

Iamready

« Reply #193 on: January 07, 2016, 03:25:32 AM »

Yeah either way, if I don't reach my goal this time around I'll be back for round two next year.  Safety is the key.

Alu

« Reply #194 on: January 10, 2016, 12:28:09 AM »

I don't know why I forgot to respond to your latest videos but oppss lol.

First off, yes the way you pronounce my name is AH-LU. It's not my real name obviously it's a simplified version of one of my favorite anime characters.

Second, I admire your bravery to be open about LL with others. I have my own fair-share of reason why I won't ever disclose LL to people who aren't my family members, Soul Mate, and my closest of friends. My advice to you, though, is to be absolutely careful with whom you disclose this information too; being proud of it is fine, but being too talkative might hurt you later.

Lastly, so how's everything going for you now? Confident you can reach 5cm?

LLSomeDay

• Visitor
« Reply #195 on: January 10, 2016, 07:09:56 PM »

Hey Iamready ;).
I have been following your diary. I appreciate it.
After gaining 1.6 inches, do you feel toughness or any pain in your achilles tendons and muscles?

Iamready

« Reply #196 on: January 11, 2016, 12:29:52 AM »

New vid.  Unfortunately Alu, because of my cast being done improperly or not taken off in time and redone it seems I am stuck at 4.2 cm.  It's all good.  I don't think I would be satisfied with 5 either so coming back next year may have been the better plan anyway. 
LL someday I have no aches or pains whatsoever but I am also not walking or doing anything athletic so I think it's hard to determine at this point.  Personally I think at 1.6 inches i'll have a quick and healthy recovery, it's usually the people who max out who have the tightness.  Enfkingjoy

DoingItForMe

« Reply #197 on: January 11, 2016, 02:58:57 AM »

In hindsight, I think recovery is more important than an extra inch or few cm. I thought the other patients were screwed over because they stopped at 7 cm instead of 8 cm like I did. But the ones who stopped at 7 cm are having a better recovery than I am, so now I regret pushing myself to the limit.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Iamready

« Reply #198 on: January 11, 2016, 03:06:29 AM »

Well, I really hope and i'm rooting that everything goes great for you.  Was there a point where you felt things were getting tough and it might give you trouble in recovery?

DoingItForMe

« Reply #199 on: January 11, 2016, 01:53:18 PM »

Well, I really hope and i'm rooting that everything goes great for you.  Was there a point where you felt things were getting tough and it might give you trouble in recovery?
Around 5-6 cm, things were getting really tight, and I felt like my legs were not having the same range of motion as it did before. I thought that with stretching, I could get back the range of motion. And for the most part, I did recover a lot of it. But I don't think tendons can be stretched as much as muscles can, and my tendons are holding me back from my previous range of motion. My quality of life has diminished a bit because of it, because things like certain sex positions are now harder for me to do and I can't really play sports competitively anymore because of my diminished stamina and RoM in my legs. When you come back and do femurs, you might want to keep this in mind. I think if I could turn back time, I might have just done 6 cm in my femurs and do around 4-5 cm in the tibias. Or better yet, if I could turn back time, I'd have done this surgery when I was in my teens. But at this age and yours, I don't think it'll be easy to recover from 8 cm in the femurs. The final two cm don't seem as worth it if it means the difference between having normal range of motion and not.
Link to my experience

Iamready

« Reply #200 on: January 11, 2016, 07:31:07 PM »

Thanks for your response.  Here is some good news.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2016, 02:08:35 AM »

Congrats on the good news. I hope you get to 5 cm as you wanted to. And good choice not going the full 8 cm if your body tells you to stop. I'll keep you updated on how my 8 cm in my femur recovery goes. Reading the other diaries, it appears that I'm following the same path as ProgramDude's slow recovery, who also did 8 cm in the femurs. In his diary, he wasn't walking normally until almost 9 months post-op and his stamina didn't return until around 11 months post-op. He also had pains in my legs for months after he stopped lengthening, and he also attributed it to muscle weakness. I'm currently at 6.5 months post op. I think with 2-5 more months of training, I could get my walking/stamina back to almost normal. I do see progress, so it's not like I'm permanently like this (fingers crossed). I just think it's ridiculously slow compared to the other patients who only went to 7 cm and are walking up and down stairs by now.

I read Cooper's diary, and he only did 6.9 cm and was back to playing tennis after a few months. He also complained that tightness appeared at the 5 cm mark. So I see a trend where 7 cm or less tend to recover much faster than 8 cm. If time isn't that big of an issue for you, then I think 8 cm is possible. It just will probably add month(s) to your recovery time. I think our age also adds a month or so to our recovery time.
Link to my experience

ortholengthening

« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2016, 05:41:49 AM »

It's great that you've lengthened 4 cm!

I'm not sure what you total goal for lengthening is but,
have you considered stopping there on tibia, and lengthening femur to like 7 cm?
considering that with femur you can lengthen at a faster rate (0.75 - 1.00 mm / day)?

might be better than trying for 5 cm tibia (doing 0.25 - 0.50mm/day) and 6 cm femur.

Just a thought.

Iamready

« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2016, 10:30:47 PM »

I think proportionally, 5 cm and 7cm is fine.  My surgery for my femurs is not until next month so continuing lengthening at a slow rate is fine for now.

Alu

« Reply #204 on: January 13, 2016, 12:00:19 AM »

I say keep lengthening your tibia until the day of your surgery. Keep track of it and just go at it slowly: whether you get, you get.

Once you do the femurs and get to 5 CM I would caution even you to think more about how you look in front of a mirror. But we'll cross the bridge when we get there.

axelf

« Reply #205 on: January 14, 2016, 10:21:38 AM »

hey iamready,

I have a question for you! do you know any patients that experienced (significant) hairloss during the whole procedure because of surgery stress and/or medication?
I have heard from a couple of patients from different doctors about that but no doctor seems to acknowledge.

btw: your hair looks fine  ;D

Iamready

« Reply #206 on: January 15, 2016, 10:03:37 PM »

Well, someone warned me that I was going to lose hair during the process and I haven't yet.  BUT i am on rogaine and finesteride so that may be the reason why it didn't get to me.  I just recovered from getting food poisoning so today was the first time I tried lengthening .05mm.  I did them back to back and I didn't feel any pains so now i'm all paranoid that I've consolidated.  Luckily the x-rays are next Wednesday and we shall see.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #207 on: January 15, 2016, 10:22:54 PM »

This is kinda off topic but I have to ask, are you really 31 years old??  ??? You look waaay younger I actually though you were my age and I´m 20.
Good luck with your lengthening man!

Deads

« Reply #208 on: January 16, 2016, 01:13:40 AM »

Well, someone warned me that I was going to lose hair during the process and I haven't yet.  BUT i am on rogaine and finesteride so that may be the reason why it didn't get to me.  I just recovered from getting food poisoning so today was the first time I tried lengthening .05mm.  I did them back to back and I didn't feel any pains so now i'm all paranoid that I've consolidated.  Luckily the x-rays are next Wednesday and we shall see.

I would cease use of finastride. Too many stories of men permanently losing their libido.

patientdad

« Reply #209 on: January 16, 2016, 03:43:15 AM »

I would cease use of finastride. Too many stories of men permanently losing their libido.

Ditto on this.  Finasteride will absolutely knockout testosterone.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2016, 05:30:25 AM »

I don't have any hair loss even without using chemicals. In fact, I grew out my hair. You might want to try just leaving your hair alone.
Link to my experience

Deads

« Reply #211 on: January 16, 2016, 07:42:55 AM »

What makes you lose your hair while lengthening?

patientdad

« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2016, 09:07:39 AM »

My son didn't lose any hair.  I don't know where this comes from.

alps

« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2016, 09:38:57 AM »

I think if you're already balding, you might lose hair a little faster because of stress etc.

Otherwise even if you shed due to stress, it's not like it's permanent. It will come back. I guess iamready is using them because he was already on them from before?

Peaceout

« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2016, 10:08:44 AM »

Very scary  :o

Taller

« Reply #215 on: January 18, 2016, 01:50:35 AM »

What's your secret to looking so young? You look 20.

yagen

« Reply #216 on: January 18, 2016, 09:00:03 AM »

Ditto on this.  Finasteride will absolutely knockout testosterone.

I have been taking finasteride and dutasteride for more than 10 years and my libido is the same It depends on the individual.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25   Go Up