Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley  (Read 266635 times)

ortholengthening

Re: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley
« Reply #434 on: May 08, 2016, 05:45:33 PM »

Highly personal question. And it's cool if you don't want to answer.
Youve alluded that you're family is in textile industry. What do you do excactly that you can afford such procedure and time off at age of 31?

Iamready

« Reply #435 on: May 09, 2016, 12:53:47 AM »

Well first of all, i'm 32!!!!!

But I do have my own business and it's a totally different field of manufacturing. Due to possible schiophernia induced paranoia I have concerns of my customers watching my videos and finding my behavior lewd, childish, or in any way unfit for rule of my kingdom, I think it's best to leave that detail out.  Let me just say I never intended to be a business owner, but growing up watching my parents and spending time with them gave me an incredible edge.  I wanted to be an artist, but nothing felt more right than the stress of running a business.  If you want a healthy family life, stay away from business.  It will eat your soul, steal your sleep, and be 100 times harder than you ever imagined.  But here I am, and luckily I have a family member who worked with me for years and knew the company well enough to maintain it- thank god we had no major disasters.- which is where I must be present most of the time.  Otherwise a daily phone call, some team viewer, and checking / responding to emails made it possible for me to be away for so long.  I really do miss the loud sounds of machinery.  Goodbye

willsa

« Reply #436 on: May 12, 2016, 02:54:44 AM »

Congrats on 5'10 man! That's huge, wow. You're looking better in the video too. Looking forward to hearing about your recovery and what you notice different than from being 5'5 in your daily life. Damn all that and an i8, youre going to be living the life man!

Iamready

« Reply #437 on: May 12, 2016, 04:02:38 AM »

yeah and it will be curious to see if i shrink from 5 10.  i confirmed again my height today but i think it's possible the temp height boost comes from laying down a lot.  We shall see.

tallerz

« Reply #438 on: May 12, 2016, 05:36:22 AM »

yeah and it will be curious to see if i shrink from 5 10.  i confirmed again my height today but i think it's possible the temp height boost comes from laying down a lot.  We shall see.

Take plenty of glucosamine lol

Iamready

« Reply #439 on: May 14, 2016, 02:44:12 AM »

Had a little scare looking at my x-ray today at home.  It shows curvature in the rod but looking at a much earlier x-ray I noticed that there was always a curve.  It's just how they installed the rod in me to match my bone curvature as well as the unorthodox positioning of the rod.

I've got a week and i'm out of here.  Somewhere above 5.5 cm on the femurs.  I'm guessing a total of 11.5cm

ortholengthening

« Reply #440 on: May 14, 2016, 02:52:24 PM »

Looking great
Didn't get new tibia x rays ?

Iamready

« Reply #441 on: May 15, 2016, 03:21:33 AM »

Yeah, they look like they need a month.  But maybe on friday the doc says they are fine.  It doesn't really matter because my femurs need to be consolidated enough to get the clear for the crutches. Once I get home i'll switch using the exogen on the tibias to using it on the femurs.

ortholengthening

« Reply #442 on: May 15, 2016, 05:46:56 AM »

just goes to show how much faster femurs consolidate compared to tibias.

i recall your tibia surgery was around Halloween of last year... 7 months and still not yet done consolidating....

DoingItForMe

« Reply #443 on: May 15, 2016, 08:56:33 AM »

Don't worry about the curvature so much. My X-rays at Paley looked like that, too. But when I do the x-rays in a better hospital x-ray machine, it shows that the rods were straight. You will know when your rods are bad. It's when there's a sudden sharp turn in your rod. The clouding in your femurs look good. Even better than mine. I started walking in 3-4 months after stopping. So I think your femurs would be consolidated in 2-3 months.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

toafrica

« Reply #444 on: May 15, 2016, 01:40:55 PM »

I have exactly the same bending in my nails, I'd say it's a pretty common thing with precice, don't worry about it. You're almost done!

Bones224

• Visitor
« Reply #445 on: May 15, 2016, 02:28:04 PM »

Hey IamReady,

Great vlog. Its really amazing to see how strong you're being while going thru both the tibias and the femurs. Truly an inspiration to us all.

Question - when you do your turns - have you ever felt the nail turning? Specifically in the femur.

Iamready

« Reply #446 on: May 15, 2016, 02:39:37 PM »

thanks guys. I emailed Dr. Paley immediately before posting and he affirmed it was ok.  It was just unsettling because this is how my rods in my tibia's looked at the end of my lengthening.

this is them now

I also figured out the mystery of why the lady at the Paley institute measured me at 5.8333 feet and the guy got me at 5 10.  Well 5.8333 is equal to 5 foot 10.  because its .8333 of a foot if a foot was measured on a scale from 1 to 10. 5 foot 8.333/10

Iamready

« Reply #447 on: May 15, 2016, 02:43:36 PM »

Hey IamReady,

Great vlog. Its really amazing to see how strong you're being while going thru both the tibias and the femurs. Truly an inspiration to us all.

Question - when you do your turns - have you ever felt the nail turning? Specifically in the femur.

I never felt he turning but i felt tearing and soreness on the right leg.  probably because of the extra screw. And it's always been the sore one to turn on while exercising.  The one positive is that with the left I was always paranoid if the machine was aligned but when you feel the pain right after it's a confirmation.  I think precise needs an indicator for success because we have enough stress to deal with.

Iamready

« Reply #448 on: May 25, 2016, 07:11:10 PM »

I'm home. Some vids.  I realize i'm wearing a woman's hair band.  It's all I have until amazon comes today.  Anyway i'm glad I stopped when I did because now I really need to get my flexibility back before it becomes an issue.
First vid is about airplane ride and   you would want to know about that and second is just general stuff. Donno.

Iamready

« Reply #449 on: May 25, 2016, 07:12:25 PM »

Oh yeah, I have no ass and I am really bony now so there's no sense in giving measurements for sitting height etc.  I'm sure once my ass plumps back up I will look a lot better.

Alu

« Reply #450 on: May 26, 2016, 12:32:54 AM »

Thanks for the update. It's good hearing from you and that you're at least satisfied with the results.

So what now? How's consolidation on the tibias going? Can you provide an updated full body pic?

Cheers!

Iamready

« Reply #451 on: May 26, 2016, 02:07:28 AM »

They are almost fully consolidated. I'm sure once I stop lengthening my right leg my femurs will consolidate soon as well. However my concern is the flexibility I lost in coming back and not resuming physical therapy right away. The first appointment I could get is next Tuesday at the physical therapy venue that mahboobian patients use. In the mean time I'm stretching non stop trying to get my hamstrings as flexible as possible and back to where I was last Friday. Once I can stand properly I'll provide an updated pic.

aspirant185

« Reply #452 on: May 27, 2016, 08:52:50 AM »

Thanks for the videos Iamready, you look awesome.

I wanted to ask you, how much time after the first surgery did you have the 2nd one ? Was it immediately or the was a span of some weeks.
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

willsa

« Reply #453 on: May 27, 2016, 09:41:43 PM »

Must feel great to be back home man, congrats on making the trip! How are you dealing with pain on a day to day basis? Is it still very painful, are you still taking pain medicine, is it only painful in the mornings, are you sleeping well? You seem much better in the videos! Only up from here man.

Iamready

« Reply #454 on: May 28, 2016, 01:36:42 AM »

First things first.  I am so glad I STOPPED short of my goal because my legs are extremely long.  It's ridiculous how tall I look and i'm sure the skinny legs are only adding to that perception.  I don't regret getting the height I got but holy   I have grown so much and would probably look better with just 10cm.  This is me being honest; but I also want to take into account what a previous quadrilateral patient mentioned- that he stopped at 9.5cm thinking his legs were looking too long but once he gained muscle he decided to re-break the femur and get 2 additional cm.  So hopefully once I bulk my legs up I don't look so insanely leggy.

For Willsa:  The pain is only when I stretch and it's horrible because I stopped the painkillers.  Also I still have 10 more turns left for my right leg to be even with the left leg and I slowed that to one turn a day because i'm losing flexibility.  The first available appointment is for next Tuesday, but in the meantime I am working extremely hard to regain full extension of my legs. My only other issue now is that I have to pee non stop.  It was getting real uncomfortable at night for me to get up multiple times for a piss, so today we finally went to a pharmacy and got a pee bottle. I don't sleep well because of slight discomfort- still wearing my ankle braces and having to wake up to pee constantly.

Iamready

« Reply #455 on: May 28, 2016, 02:12:13 AM »

Keep in mind I can't take my hands off the walker, so they look shorter than they actually are from them being bent.  You don't realize how insane your goal is until you get close to it.

Alu

« Reply #456 on: May 28, 2016, 02:44:48 AM »

Didn't you gain 11 CM? I think that's what he also gained after deciding to re-break the femurs if I'm not mistaken.. So I  you and him should be at equal footing. In my humble opinion mate.. I'd say you stop there definitively. But again, that's just my own humble opinion.

Also you look good; considering you're in clothes and all though (hehe). It's funny cause if I didn't know better I would assume you're like 6tf+ considering the angle of the shot and length of legs; arms don't seem that bad...

Again congrats on the gain, also that mentality of not caring at what height you are right now seems pretty ideal mental state after it's all said and done..

Iamready

« Reply #457 on: May 28, 2016, 02:59:36 AM »

Yeah I think losing 8 months of my life is enough.  Time to enjoy my family and life ahead of me.  Still have some work to do though...

DoingItForMe

« Reply #458 on: May 28, 2016, 03:06:19 AM »

Yeah I think losing 8 months of my life is enough.  Time to enjoy my family and life ahead of me.  Still have some work to do though...
Congrats! And yes! I totally agree with you that there's a point when enough is enough. It's stops being worth it the taller you get because of the exponential growth in potential complications occur. Time is such a valuable resource for people like us, and I'm glad you're done. Message me if you have any questions about your consolidation. I've pretty much gone through all the stages at this point minus getting my rods removed.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Iamready

« Reply #459 on: May 28, 2016, 03:57:36 AM »

Congrats! And yes! I totally agree with you that there's a point when enough is enough. It's stops being worth it the taller you get because of the exponential growth in potential complications occur. Time is such a valuable resource for people like us, and I'm glad you're done. Message me if you have any questions about your consolidation. I've pretty much gone through all the stages at this point minus getting my rods removed.

Thanks, I have a few questions, but i'm so exhausted from using the bike to keeping myself moving and stretching all day so I don't dry up, i'll have to leave those questions for another time.  One thing I can say after being home is that this is unfortunately not the end but the beginning of another chapter in this difficult journey.  Hopefully things get easier, my bones form quickly, and I can start walking again- something I really took for granted- and something I can only do now while dreaming. 

I was walking with a girl in my dream and I was the shorter me with a lady on my side a few inches taller; I felt uncomfortable and I was nked without my lifts.  Although this may seem trivial or superficial, it brought up some of the feelings I had when I was shorter- the feelings that were the driving force in accomplishing a gain in height despite the cost, pain, loneliness, and hard work that I read about and personally went through.  I'm taller now, and hopefully I can live my life until old age without any regrets. 

It was 10 years ago that I began researching limb lengthening.  I had a fantasy that I would become successful enough to be able to pay for this operation and that I would have the time to take off to grow- and to be sitting here, healing, typing to you guys about my journey is mind blowing.  Thank you for being there, thanks for listening to my stupid video rants and encouraging me along the way. I truly appreciate everything and i'm glad a site like this exists for people to see that their once impossible fantasy can be achieved.  You might have to wait 10 years like I did, but it's worth it, work hard, do your research, and make it happen.

Ok gotta sleep. I'm old.  Goodnight

hype88

« Reply #460 on: May 28, 2016, 10:37:38 AM »

Hey mate love your diary it's really amazing to see someone make turn a dream into a  reality, and to be open about it is a very brave thing so my hat's off for you! How does it feel being 5'10? Do you see the world differently? Do people treat you differently? And have you you notice a different reaction with opposite sex?

Iamready

« Reply #461 on: May 29, 2016, 06:29:09 PM »

Hey mate love your diary it's really amazing to see someone make turn a dream into a  reality, and to be open about it is a very brave thing so my hat's off for you! How does it feel being 5'10? Do you see the world differently? Do people treat you differently? And have you you notice a different reaction with opposite sex?

Well I'm not able to walk so I haven't really been in public but whenever someone comes to my home- family members and close friends- they are amazed by how much taller I got. It's also surprising when I'm standing with my walker, how much taller I feel.  I'm just not used to it yet. I'm absolutely sure it will stir a positive reaction with women but as far as finding a life partner goes- it shouldn't matter. I think you'd be better off with a girl who doesn't have height on her checklist; and believe me from personal experience there are girls that actually appreciate a man despite his height. As far as casually dating women, it opens up a whole filthy world of women- which may not even be a good thing. 

My dream last night was actually me as I am now. Unable to walk and taller. For some reason it took place in a dorm room I was moving out of and there were people boxing things up. I kept forgetting I shouldn't fully weight bear and would walk unusually every so often but it was nice to see myself in my dream as the taller me because now my mind has accepted this new reality. There were also all types of girls on my bed and around my bathtub as I was bathing. Maybe because I miss being around them so much. I'd like to at least be on crutches and not having to pee every 5 minutes for that. I wonder if anyone else has had this pissing issue. The reason I remember my dreams is because I wake up in the middle of them to piss in a bottle. It began when I stopped taking the meds and has persisted for the whole week.

hype88

« Reply #462 on: May 30, 2016, 02:00:40 PM »

It definitely must feel great to be on the other side of journey now! And it would take some getting use too walking around at that height I could only imagine how happy you must feel! Totally agree about the women, I think they're are definitely more girl's in your range now get it while you can man! ;)

What would you say was the hardest part of your journey and what would your advice being for anyone thinking about doing this procedure?

tallerz

« Reply #463 on: June 04, 2016, 03:27:33 PM »

Any idea on when you'll be full weight bearing?

hype88

« Reply #464 on: June 04, 2016, 03:53:05 PM »

Would you be kind enough to put some photos of you with your new height man? I love to see how you look in your final height:)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25   Go Up