Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley  (Read 267651 times)

Mivsta101

Re: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley
« Reply #465 on: June 04, 2016, 11:27:37 PM »

Dr Paley is an artist. It would be cool to see your final height after you recover. Were you 5'5 barefoot before? Towards 5'6 or just 5'5 exact? Would love to know if you dont mind. I hope to do something similar if i dont grow any taller at 19. I really hope and pray i shoot up 4 inches, this looks real hard and annoying to do, but it will pay off in the end. Better days are ahead my dude. Not better but the best. Hang in there and make a full recovery.

tallerz

« Reply #466 on: June 05, 2016, 05:34:13 PM »

Hey man, not sure if you are on crutches yet but figured you might be interested in seeing these. I am thinking about pre ordering a pair now so I have them if I do the surgery next summer.

http://www.mobilitydesigned.com/ourstory/

eness26

• Visitor
« Reply #467 on: June 11, 2016, 11:51:07 PM »

Hi Jay, I've sent a message to your inbox, could you please take a look?

Best, Naomi

Iamready

« Reply #468 on: June 13, 2016, 11:35:42 PM »

Hey. Sorry for keeping you guys hanging but I've been getting tortured at physical therapy and trying to build muscle while consolidating. I have a tough road ahead of me until I can live a normal life. My legs are as skinny as sticks and I have some flexibility issues I need to deal with in order to walk properly when given the clearance. Lengthening is just part of the battle. Especially when you gain as much height as I did. Someone asked me what the hardest part of limb lengthening is and I'd say it's all hard. The surgery to the therapy and even now consolidating. Not being able to walk for such a long time eats at you. You begin to forget what it's like to be normal and you're no longer motivated by the image of a taller self.   I'm just doing what I need to do to get back in the game so it might mean me staying away from the forums for a bit. When I'm recovered and walking I'll keep you posted. I've got my life to live.

hype88

« Reply #469 on: June 14, 2016, 03:37:18 PM »

hey bruh, I thought that would be the case! I'm hoping that things will get better for you! Haha well that question was from me and it sounds like you've definitely got to be strong minded to get through this...I can only imagine what that must feel and yes I agree go out and forget about this forum for little while!

ortholengthening

« Reply #470 on: June 21, 2016, 08:27:28 PM »

how are things with physio?
did you get any new x-rays recently?
hope things are progressing

Iamready

« Reply #471 on: June 22, 2016, 12:16:42 AM »

Hey slowly buy surely gaining strength and flexibility.  It's not moving along as quickly as I would like but i'm happy with any progress. I haven't taken my x-ray because until I feel like I am strong and flexible enough to walk, there's no point.  Here is a picture of me I took today.  I need to work on my ankle flexion to keep my heels down.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #472 on: June 22, 2016, 01:31:44 AM »

You look amazing dude!

Not liying, you look like a natural whatever height you are now

btw about the flexibility issues, I have spoken with a physiotherapist, and there are also some exercises in order to stretch the nerves. Try finding out with your physio if he knows about that. From what I heard, it helps alot.
I learned some stuff during this time

Iamready

« Reply #473 on: June 22, 2016, 02:59:35 AM »

Thanks, I appreciate it. Any stretch there is rest assure I'm doing it. I also do strengthening exercises so I can hold myself up when I'm cleared to walk.

ortholengthening

« Reply #474 on: June 22, 2016, 03:14:21 AM »

might be the camera angle but even with your wrists bent and huge arms, you look COMPLETELY natural
i don't think anyone would be able to guess you had LL!!
once you bulk up the legs, you could even argue you can do even more lengthening !!

TIBIKE200

« Reply #475 on: June 22, 2016, 03:43:15 AM »

are there any improvments in general? Like pain, and walking with a walker... Are you better than the time you posted the vids?

Iamready

« Reply #476 on: June 22, 2016, 03:26:38 PM »

I'm better, but my right thigh still has pain.  Probably pulled a muscle and my hip flexor's are tight causing pain when I sit.

v18

• Visitor
WHY DO YOU SHOW YOUR FACE?? People always regret that later...
« Reply #477 on: June 22, 2016, 10:42:54 PM »

I like your diary, but there is one problem....WHY DO YOU SHOW YOUR FACE?? People always regret that later...There is a boy, Moshe, who did ll in Kurgan 10 years ago in that other corrupt forum, and he desperately tried to get his pictures taken off. They would not. His pictures and face are still there....

I hope imgur lets you delete the photos.

Iamready

« Reply #478 on: June 23, 2016, 02:38:06 AM »

There.  It's no big deal. 

CCMidwest

Re: Before - After pictures
« Reply #479 on: June 28, 2016, 02:23:39 AM »

I know the OP's post said no comments...

But holy crap Iamready. What a difference. My God what a difference.

You can really get a perspective of how much you gained by looking at the shoulder height difference between your Dad and you in the original height pic, versus the final pic.

Holy sh*t.
5'7.5

Alu

Re: Re: Before - After pictures
« Reply #480 on: June 28, 2016, 02:56:11 AM »

What an increase indeed. Man never thought 11 CM could look that huge. In anycase, I look at this two ways. First, congrats man. Going through all of that and coming out it relatively free of complications so far must feel great. Not the mention the height at which you are at...

Second, and in full honesty, I personally don't think I could go that far. That's just me. Take it with a grain of salt cause I don't ever meant to offend, but I'm definitely more conservative with this all..

Last thing, if I may, what would you look like with casual and business attire?

Iamready

« Reply #481 on: June 28, 2016, 04:14:00 AM »

Pic of me in casual attire for Alu

Alu

« Reply #482 on: June 28, 2016, 04:14:17 AM »

I moved my reply here from this thread out of respect for its broader use of this thread: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2542.msg54134;topicseen#msg54134

It's a lot yeah. I'm sure the moderator can delete the comments once this part of the forum gains traction.  I hope this encourages more people to post their before and afters.  I think most people are afraid of negative comments or risking their anonymity. Either way, good or bad, I can handle all judgement.  I don't blame you for being conservative ALU.  I would have been fine with just 10cm.  I guess I was just trying to get the most for my money.  I don't have a pic with business attire because I wear sweats to work but I have a casual pic i'll post in my diary.  As I become more active i'll be trying on more outfits; I will also need to buy new slacks and dress pants to accommodate my new legs.

Ok, thanks for the reply and post on the pics man. Keep it up. And good luck shopping lol. What are you now? 31-33 pant inseam?

Cheers!

Edit: Welp that was surprisingly quick!

Must say you look good with that attire. Good to know clothing can easily hide anything and everything.

Iamready

« Reply #483 on: June 28, 2016, 04:18:37 AM »

Definitely more than size 30.  When I sit they hike up to my shins unfortunately. 

ortholengthening

« Reply #484 on: June 28, 2016, 04:19:17 AM »

that is amazing!!!

TIBIKE200

« Reply #485 on: June 28, 2016, 04:24:43 AM »

Can I build a temple in my yard and sacrifice cattle in order to worship you?

You look amazing! Never would have guessed that you did LL!

Iamready

« Reply #486 on: June 28, 2016, 04:42:45 AM »

Thanks. I appreciate the positivity.

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #487 on: June 28, 2016, 10:43:47 AM »

good looking man

Peaceout

« Reply #488 on: June 28, 2016, 10:48:23 AM »

You seriously look good..I hope you will recover soon enough and enjoy your height  :)

theuprising

« Reply #489 on: June 28, 2016, 11:05:44 AM »

Hi Iamready based on the break of your shirt on your pants where is your waist?

Is it possible to get a picture of the standard boxers only proportion picture when you
feel up to it?

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 11:33:53 AM by theuprising »

CCMidwest

« Reply #490 on: June 28, 2016, 12:11:51 PM »

Looks good man, seriously.

You said you've been more social? Does that mean you've been on your feet standing around other men? If so, do you feel average?
5'7.5

Iamready

« Reply #491 on: June 28, 2016, 04:44:21 PM »

Theuprising, there's a pic with me with my long ass legs in the before and after section. Purposefully shirtless so you can see the proportions.  To be honest I think 10cm would have been enough, I have a huge collection of boots I will never wear again because the last thing I need is a heel on my shoes.

Midwest. When I go to the Physical Therapy office, and when taller family members visit, my height feels great.  Even when I am taller than someone by a little bit I always tell them nah you're tripping, you're the same height as me, just in case they feel bad.  I didn't do this to be taller than other people, I just did it to feel average and I think I have exceeded feeling average.  Psychologically speaking, it's very freeing to not rely on your shoes or lifts for added height.  I prefer flatter shoes now, because of my long legs, and i'm much more comfortable in my own skin, hanging out with people at my home. 

My best friend will be visiting me today for the first time. He is a little under 5 10 so it will be great seeing him eye to eye; i'm sure we will both enjoy the moment as he was supportive of my operation from the start.

My parents are very proud of me and are excited every time I make progress; whether it be standing unassisted for the first time or taking individual steps with the walker.  They have been my biggest supporters and you can really tell how much they love my new height. 

amenhotep

• Visitor
« Reply #492 on: June 28, 2016, 08:08:40 PM »

You look very good, your proportions are perfect to me, in the future, build delt muscles

TIBIKE200

« Reply #493 on: June 28, 2016, 08:13:07 PM »

Maybe my question is stupid, but how was meeting your 5'10 friend? I guess that was really a "test" to see how much really you gained in height. How was it to be the same eye level as him?

shorthandsomedoc

• Visitor
« Reply #494 on: June 28, 2016, 09:24:00 PM »

You look good. Congratulations.

blahblah

« Reply #495 on: June 29, 2016, 03:25:47 AM »

Honestly Iamready you look great. Totally natural and actually a very desired body type. Good job and it was amazing to follow your diary, cause like all the others this is probably bittersweet goodbye. You made it man :)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25   Go Up