Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley  (Read 266616 times)

ortholengthening

Re: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley
« Reply #527 on: July 05, 2016, 03:04:51 AM »

any idea on when you can walk without crutches/walker?
I think it's been about 8 months since your surgery now ..?

Iamready

« Reply #528 on: July 05, 2016, 05:44:33 AM »

any idea on when you can walk without crutches/walker?
I think it's been about 8 months since your surgery now ..?
I did my last lengthening a little over a month ago.  I'm going in for x-rays in 2 weeks.  The timeline is usually 3 months after you finish lengthening but i'm hoping for quicker consolidation because I had good bone growth.  I had my first surgery 8 months ago on the tibias- they are already consolidated- but now i'm waiting for the femurs to consolidate- surgery was 4 months ago.

As for Hype- yeah i'll return 100%; if anyone can it's me.

ortholengthening

« Reply #529 on: July 05, 2016, 05:46:26 AM »

thanks again for your detailed answers!
much appreciated by all who follow

Iamready

« Reply #530 on: July 07, 2016, 05:44:59 AM »

Some new pics if anyone is interested.  I found an old photo of me by myself. The one of me in the sweats is from 4th of July and the one in the jacket is a new one of me playing dress up.

alps

« Reply #531 on: July 07, 2016, 01:43:03 PM »

win!

CCMidwest

« Reply #532 on: July 07, 2016, 01:59:19 PM »

I like the James Dean look.

You know you're now taller than he was? That's awesome!
5'7.5

Peaceout

« Reply #533 on: July 07, 2016, 02:55:14 PM »

I like the James Dean look.

You know you're now taller than he was? That's awesome!
he was 5'8 right ? 

You look great btw.Im quite sure that no one will notice anything about your proportions,even when you are nked.

CCMidwest

« Reply #534 on: July 07, 2016, 03:11:22 PM »

he was 5'8 right ? 

According to the google machine, yeah he was 5'8.

Not sure if celebrities lied about their height back then like they do now though.
5'7.5

TIBIKE200

« Reply #535 on: July 07, 2016, 03:20:54 PM »

hows recovery going? Pain, power, elasticity etc...
I learned some stuff during this time

Alu

« Reply #536 on: July 07, 2016, 03:43:14 PM »

Mate you look much better post LL actually lol

TIBIKE200

« Reply #537 on: July 07, 2016, 04:58:41 PM »

BTW, could you do some pictures with summer clothes? I mean shorts, short sleeves or no sleeves at all.

Iamready

« Reply #538 on: July 07, 2016, 06:16:00 PM »

TTBIKE- Let me get some meat on these legs first.  Every pair of shorts I wear looks like a damn skirt because of how skinny my thighs are.  I might post a pic if I can find some tight shorts that fit me.

Edit: Found tight shorts.  I actually bought this pair of trunks while my lengthening my tibias and they were skin tight.  Now they are baggy!

Thanks for the comments all.  I go to therapy 3-4 times a week- absolute torture; human pretzel- and slowly but surely becoming human again.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:58:32 PM by Iamready »

ortholengthening

« Reply #539 on: July 07, 2016, 07:52:46 PM »

awesome
with your long torso and arms you legs look short  ;) ;)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #540 on: July 07, 2016, 07:54:22 PM »

Damn you look actually pretty nice for almost 12cm of lenghtening

Btw what was your starting height exactly in CM?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #541 on: July 07, 2016, 07:56:35 PM »

amazing. Nothing more to add

CCMidwest

« Reply #542 on: July 07, 2016, 08:10:23 PM »

Meh, just looks like you skipped leg day is all.  ;D

I just noticed that in most your pics you are favoring the right leg by putting weight on the left instead? Part of recovering I'm sure, just observing is all.

Edit:

Maybe I missed it, but I don't think you actually said what the total lengthening on femurs was.

Tibias was 5.6cm, with a total of 11cm done. So you did 5.4cm on the femurs?

5'7.5

Iamready

« Reply #543 on: July 07, 2016, 08:45:18 PM »

Well right now since my muscles are so tight, my left leg is sucked up in my hip more than the right so it's difficult to get them even. I'm told when I'm fully weight bearing and walking it will sort itself out.

My original height at the time of my consultation was measured at 164cm. It was shocking because I always thought I was a touch under 5 foot 6. Anyway, I was measured again at right before my lengthening at 165 cm. after the Tibias were finished they measured me at 171cm and after my femurs I wasn't measured because I had trouble getting my heels down. My dad measured me at 177 cm recently and I guess that additional height is from all the months of me not putting stress on my back and joints.  I don't really trust the paley institute's measurements to be exact because their numbers would change depending on which doctor read my x-Rays but according to them I got a little over than 5.6 in Tibias and 5.7 in femur.

Iamready

« Reply #544 on: July 09, 2016, 02:24:45 AM »

Just wanted to keep you guys updated. Just a month after my last lenghtening my bones have healed and I'm ready for full weight bearing.

ortholengthening

« Reply #545 on: July 09, 2016, 02:28:14 AM »

:o :o :o :o
you freak! ready for full weight bearing 1 month after last lengthening!!
that is great news!!
look out world~~

Alu

« Reply #546 on: July 09, 2016, 03:08:20 AM »

Hmm mind if we see your X-Rays? To see how it looks and what not?

Also unaided, how's your gait? I bet it's definitively not normal but it'd be interesting to see how it's at.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #547 on: July 09, 2016, 10:26:15 PM »

I dont know if this was already said by you, but what is your inseem now?

Moubgf

« Reply #548 on: July 10, 2016, 01:37:51 AM »

How did you afford quadrilateral lengthening?.

Isnt that like double the money over 1 million money?.

If that isnt the case i want it done like that. Because im doing femurs with Guichet this year. And i would like 5.5 cm in tibia and femurs. instead of 8 cm in femurs all in once. since i think that wont really look good.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #549 on: July 10, 2016, 01:43:20 AM »

How did you afford quadrilateral lengthening?.

Isnt that like double the money over 1 million money?.

If that isnt the case i want it done like that. Because im doing femurs with Guichet this year. And i would like 5.5 cm in tibia and femurs. instead of 8 cm in femurs all in once. since i think that wont really look good.

I asked the Paley's institute, they said that for quadliteral would be between 200-300k dollars (All included and more towards the 300k figure)

Moubgf

« Reply #550 on: July 10, 2016, 03:05:16 AM »

I asked the Paley's institute, they said that for quadliteral would be between 200-300k dollars (All included and more towards the 300k figure)

So around 2 million in europe money lol! thats retarded sorry to say
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 03:46:21 AM by Slim_tim »

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #551 on: July 10, 2016, 09:58:27 AM »

That's US medical industry for you.
Besides what europe money? If we live in the same world i remember euro being more expensive than us dollars.

shorthandsomedoc

• Visitor
« Reply #552 on: July 10, 2016, 12:53:17 PM »

What was your inseam before and what's your inseam now?

applesandoranges

« Reply #553 on: July 18, 2016, 12:33:06 AM »

Been following this for a while now. I have a question for you: if you could pick between doing just femurs or just tibias, which segment would you pick? Thanks!

Iamready

« Reply #554 on: July 18, 2016, 12:45:55 AM »

That's a very difficult question.  There's a reason I did both; because I wouldn't have been happy with a long femur and short tibia and vice versa.  I personally saw both segments as very short and I thought that lengthening one segment would make the other segment look shorter than it already was.  However, if I was only able to do one segment I would have done the femur 6cm.  Femur lengthening is also relatively complication free when compared to the tibia lengthening.

I don't feel like posting the x-rays now; it's a hassle but when I get the energy, I promise to post it for you.  I wore size 30 length; they used to drag on the ground. now they are above my ankle.  I'm probably size 31-32 now but I haven't gone shopping for pants yet so i'm not sure.  I can walk fine but it requires a lot of energy and it hurts my ankles.  My consolidation outpaced my preparation for walking, so I'll be using crutches until I can walk long distances without pain in ankle and hips.  To be more specific, the pain is not unusual, it's just from tightness and weakness.  My body is not used to having all my weight shifted from one leg to another. 

I went out to Hollywood today and it was the first time being in a crowd of people.  I am definitely average height and it's surreal being taller than half the population.  This surgery was definitely worth it; i'm living the dream.  Hopefully in a month or two i'll be able to provide you guys with an updated video of me walking perfectly and being active.  At that point I will peel myself away from this site.  Hopefully i'll have left you guys with enough information.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #555 on: July 18, 2016, 12:47:38 AM »

Chill and take your time you already gave here a lot of courage and hope.

ortholengthening

« Reply #556 on: July 18, 2016, 12:56:29 AM »

we are all happy for you
you give us (hobbits) hope!!

Iamready

« Reply #557 on: August 02, 2016, 06:03:39 PM »

Yo
Just wanted to provide you guys with an update.

I moved out of my parents home.  My condo is still rented out to a family so I got a studio in Hollywood.
Unfortunately I had to stop physical therapy in order to go back to work full time.
I'm making steady progress and pain free in the femurs. The only thing preventing me from walking without assistance is pressure on my foot and ankle which with time will get stronger and adapt to the weight being put on it.  Moving out and living in an apartment complex was a good idea: i'm forced to walk around a lot more than I would at home.  Getting to the pool and to the parking lot is quite the exercise.  Inside my studio, I usually walk without crutches or walker, it's just for longer journeys that I use assistance.

I still prefer using the walker over the crutches because the walker allows me to walk normally while using minimal pressure when I need assistance.  I have become so adept at using it that often I'll just hold the walker above the ground in front of me and walk.  I went out to a bar this past weekend and I was surprised at how approachable I was with the walker.  Guys were giving me props for going out like that or girls were asking what happened.  Honestly, as much as I would love to tell you guys with certainty that my height has made me more attractive and approachable, I think it would be premature to make that assessment; only because I still had my walker with me and there is a possibility that I was being approached  and complemented because I looked like I was hurt and people were curious and kinder than they normally would be. 

If you leave home with crutches or a walker, be prepared for people to be nosy.  Everyone asks what happened.  I can't even go to the gym comfortably because people who have never met me want my life story.  Even when I say I had surgery, they pry deeper and i'm forced to tell them that it was surgery on my bones and i'd rather not go into detail.  I slipped up this weekend and lied to a girl who I was speaking to and said I got into a car accident.  We were speaking for a good 20 minutes before she asked what happened and I just fumbled.  It didn't feel right at all and since she lives in my building i'll tell her I lied. 

Personally I feel like I look the best in flat shoes, even if it means sacrificing an inch or more of added height.  Having said that, I wore my tallest sneakers out and asked a girl if anything looked off on me and even when I told her that I used to be 5' 5" she thought I was nuts for even questioning if I looked natural.  I've asked several other people the same question but they were people I knew and I wanted to hear it from someone random.  So who knows, maybe as time passes, I might go back to wearing air max shoes and boots but for now i'll stick to converse and loafers.

I spoke to another patient who began walking before me and he told me it takes approximately 3 months to walk normally for long distances; that seems to be what i'm on pace for, 2 more months to go.

Anyways, that is all for now.  Back to the grind.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25   Go Up