Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley  (Read 266558 times)

ub40

Re: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley
« Reply #589 on: August 12, 2016, 06:08:22 PM »

You look really good man. Your proportions actually look better post surgery. I felt the same post lengthening. Remember, having long legs is considered attractive so you're right about not wanting to hide it.

Congratulations, hope you're back to 100% soon
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

Iamready

« Reply #590 on: August 12, 2016, 06:21:45 PM »

Appreciate it.

Peaceout

« Reply #591 on: August 12, 2016, 07:09:37 PM »

You look really good man. Your proportions actually look better post surgery. I felt the same post lengthening. Remember, having long legs is considered attractive so you're right about not wanting to hide it.

Congratulations, hope you're back to 100% soon
agreed,i saw your old photo and i can say that your proportions look really good now.Can you measure your wingspan?

Iamready

« Reply #592 on: August 12, 2016, 07:29:35 PM »

Hey Peaceout.  Thanks.  The real reason I never measured my wingspan was because I didn't want to get caught up with my proportions, sitting height, etc.  It was never on my mind when I wore lifts and I don't want it to be now.  I hope you understand

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #593 on: August 12, 2016, 07:43:42 PM »

Damn son now you are one handsome devil. Good luck with your ongoing recovery.

Peaceout

« Reply #594 on: August 12, 2016, 08:05:16 PM »

Hey Peaceout.  Thanks.  The real reason I never measured my wingspan was because I didn't want to get caught up with my proportions, sitting height, etc.  It was never on my mind when I wore lifts and I don't want it to be now.  I hope you understand
No problem man i understand :)

Iamready

« Reply #595 on: August 12, 2016, 08:09:02 PM »

Yo thanks Yourspaceboy and Peaceout appreciate you respecting my wishes.  Have a good weekend all.  I'm going to train hard these next few days, going to get my butt back!

mrmayor

• Visitor
« Reply #596 on: August 15, 2016, 08:05:52 PM »

Question for Iamready:  i hope this doesn't sound naive, but were you able to workout (your upper body) at all during LL?  I mean, could you do pushups, pullups, anything? 

Thanks in advance
40yo male.  starting:  5'9"  ending:  TBD.  Going to spend the rest of the summer in WPB with Paley.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #597 on: August 16, 2016, 01:38:07 AM »

great update iamready.

Do yourself a favor. Dont concentrate on the proportions. You said you slept with a bunch of girls which obviously means they have seen you nked. If they even didnt say anything (teasing) about your proportions, than you proportions are fine. Dont get into this proportion whirlwind. You look just fine.
I learned some stuff during this time

willsa

« Reply #598 on: August 16, 2016, 02:40:52 AM »

dude! you're walking and looking great! hows the pain these days? what kind of movements are you still struggling with? i heard walking down stairs is a tough one at this stage. thank you again for this diary, it was amazing to see and learn from this transformation with you over the past year.

Iamready

« Reply #599 on: August 16, 2016, 03:35:17 AM »

Mr Mayor- I personally was not able to because I did both segments and the tibias were only 50 pound nails.  But if you have 75 pound nails and are doing the femurs, I am sure you can work out.  I recommend using a machine that you can sit and do upper body exercises.  Also if you use a manual wheelchair and move yourself around with it like I did the first month, you will get huge shoulders and arms.  I eventually got a motorized wheelchair and lost that muscle.  Then when I got to the walker I gained some muscle from using it but I did not use it as much as I should of because I had flexibility issues and pain.  My one piece of advise if you are only doing one segment is use the walker as soon as possible and use it often.  I don't recommend pushups because you are putting strain on the nail and bone in that position.  Also for pullups, they are fine as long as you can reach the bar without jumping and can land softly while still holding the bar.

TTBIKE200- I was going to write something long about this.  But all you need to know, is that the only opinion people have shared with me in real life is that I look a lot better.  My sister who was against this operation, told me that once she saw me, she finally understood why I wanted to do something so drastic.  And she will not shut up about how good she thinks I look.  BTW, just so you know, the girl I spend the most time nked with, is my height- maybe .25 inches shorter, and much taller with heels.  And she has never ever once said any comment about my proportions.  You are absolutely right that I shouldn't concentrate on proportions.  Thanks for your support.

Willsa- Thanks for the comment.  The pain is in the ankles and tightness in the calf area.  I struggle when I have been sitting for a while and want to get up. I also struggle in the morning with tightness.  Today I got locked in the stairwell of my building.  Don't even ask how but I had to go down 3 flights of stairs to get to the emergency call box so I could get free.  There's some tenderness in my shins when I did that but nothing difficult.  I literally walked down the stairs with my walker over my shoulder and my other arm holding the railing.  I'm glad you liked the diary.

Christopherbulder

« Reply #600 on: August 16, 2016, 10:23:35 AM »

No worries.  Not going to be maxing out.  Anyway, I still walk like a robot but I thought it would be cool to post this and we can compare how much I improve over time.  The calf muscles filled in relatively quickly but my thigh muscles and especially my ass are no where to be found.  It honestly sucks not having a butt.  Sorry if I haven't gotten back to all the personal messages. Eventually I will. 
Edit:  Decided to hold off till I make some corrections in my walk.  I just noticed.

for totalemment recovered after removing the nails

blahblah

« Reply #601 on: August 17, 2016, 04:25:54 AM »

More photos please :)

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #602 on: August 17, 2016, 09:36:12 PM »

One thing I have been meaning to ask Limb Lengthening veterans- in case you happen to be reading; how long did it take to get your ass back?  I'd say my calf muscles are fully formed already but my thigh area and butt are very thin still.  Were you able to get the butt and thigh to pre limb lengthening size?  I've also noticed that I lost a lot of my upper body strength as well.  I can do unlimited dips because of the walker but I tried doing pull ups for the first time since surgery and I can barely do 1.  It's pretty shocking since I was always able to do at least 10 pull-ups without having been to the gym in a while.

Your ass will never be 100% like before. But almost, so no big deal. Takes around 12 months...(depending on how hard you work on it).

BilateralDamage

« Reply #603 on: August 18, 2016, 01:48:56 PM »

Your ass will never be 100% like before. But almost, so no big deal. Takes around 12 months...(depending on how hard you work on it).

Ain't this the truth!

Incredible diary. My only question for you is how are you dealing with all the scars? Are the ladies asking you where they come from? Any plans for future removal?

Cheers Iamready, and the best recovery to you.

Iamready

« Reply #604 on: August 18, 2016, 03:11:09 PM »

Ok that ass comment got me  :-[
I'm working everyday on it and also working on getting my thighs to be as large as my calf muscles; it has become an obsession.
The scars on the tibia do not bother me at all. Some of them are brown spots but really who gives a  .  The scars that are odd to me are the ones on my butt cheeks.  From where the rod entered and the upper screws were put in.  For some reason those are the most pronounced and ironically have never seen sun light but are the slowest to heal.  I think it is time to put some ointment on to help with the recovery.  I just told the girls I don't want to talk about it and the only scar that is really visible are those on my butt cheeks.  The one girl that I see regularly nags me about what happened and why I won't open up but it's now time to get rid of her because she is acting a bit unstable.  She likes to turn the air conditioning down to ungodly levels and even though I told her it is uncomfortable spooning with her at sleep because of my legs she kept me up for an hour crying.  I'm venting, I am frustrated.

The thing that has me a little worried about the scars is I really hope that they open up the old scars for the rod and screw removals or else i'll have double the scars and probably a hefty scar removal bill.

Cliff Notes: Right now it's not a worry but it might be when I get my rods removed.

Alu

« Reply #605 on: August 18, 2016, 04:30:41 PM »

Wow in what ways? How would my beautiful ass be affected so much by it? Man... now I'm reconsidering this all together.

Ain't this the truth!

Incredible diary. My only question for you is how are you dealing with all the scars? Are the ladies asking you where they come from? Any plans for future removal?

Cheers Iamready, and the best recovery to you.

Wow isn't this a huge blast to the past...

May I ask how have you been doing all this time BD?

BilateralDamage

« Reply #606 on: August 18, 2016, 06:28:57 PM »

Ok that ass comment got me  :-[
I'm working everyday on it and also working on getting my thighs to be as large as my calf muscles; it has become an obsession.
The scars on the tibia do not bother me at all. Some of them are brown spots but really who gives a crap.  The scars that are odd to me are the ones on my butt cheeks.  From where the rod entered and the upper screws were put in.  For some reason those are the most pronounced and ironically have never seen sun light but are the slowest to heal.  I think it is time to put some ointment on to help with the recovery.  I just told the girls I don't want to talk about it and the only scar that is really visible are those on my butt cheeks.  The one girl that I see regularly nags me about what happened and why I won't open up but it's now time to get rid of her because she is acting a bit unstable.  She likes to turn the air conditioning down to ungodly levels and even though I told her it is uncomfortable spooning with her at sleep because of my legs she kept me up for an hour crying.  I'm venting, I am frustrated.

The thing that has me a little worried about the scars is I really hope that they open up the old scars for the rod and screw removals or else i'll have double the scars and probably a hefty scar removal bill.

Cliff Notes: Right now it's not a worry but it might be when I get my rods removed.

Cheers. You're on the right path, keep working on it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIri9YLHpOg  ;D

Wow in what ways? How would my beautiful ass be affected so much by it? Man... now I'm reconsidering this all together.

Wow isn't this a huge blast to the past...

May I ask how have you been doing all this time BD?

Nice to see you Alu. I don't want to barge in on Iamready's diary with info about myself, but I'm doing well. The height is treating me well and my body has conformed properly. I've tried to move on from LL mentally as much as possible, which is why I've stopped posting (I think that's what happens to most LLers).

The information I've gotten pre-surgery from threads here have been invaluable, and I feel a bit guilty about not contributing. If it makes anyone hopeful, life returns to complete normalcy, and the only reminder I have of LL are the dark scars running up both my thighs (they've keloided and never disappeared, I'm getting steroid injections and doing bleaching for them now). I also have a weird gait when I run but that's the least of my concerns  :P

Don't be thrown off by the butt comment, you'll probably get 80-90% of it back. Height >>>>> male butt! ;)

Alu

« Reply #607 on: August 18, 2016, 09:01:45 PM »

Sweet BD. Thanks for the information. It would be nice to get an update/closing thoughts on your diary about how recovery was, life post LL, and anything you'd like to share about Paley.

I know it would be a great help to me since back then I was just creeping on the forums and begrudgingly didn't have the nerve to ask you some questions.

Besides that, I'm happy for your little visit here and how happy you've been lately.

Cheers!

Iamready

« Reply #608 on: August 22, 2016, 03:49:29 AM »

Got some new pants yesterday and took a pic with a friend of mine for comparison.  He is a little over 5 10.  The new pants size is 30 waist and 32 length. 

Today I bumped into the building manager and he saw me walking with a cane and was commending me on my progress. Then he asked what the real story was.  I put the walker on the ground and said to him,  "Look at me close and you tell me."  He still didn't know.  The funny part is I told him the day I rented my unit why I was using a walker- because I got surgery to get taller- and he thought I was joking!  He couldn't believe that there was such a surgery and it was a real fun conversation.  Oh and I forgot.  He was trying to guess my height and he kept guessing 6 foot and 6 foot 1.  He is 5 foot 9 himself, but he didn't have a clue how to guess my height.

Anyways- Enjoy.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 04:56:22 AM by Iamready »

doomsday

« Reply #609 on: August 22, 2016, 10:12:30 AM »

Dude you are looking absolutely normal and it's coming from someone who's going through LL right now and been researching LL for over 7 years. A normal person would never guess that you did LL. Get back in shape and enjoy life!

Alu

« Reply #610 on: August 23, 2016, 01:44:31 AM »

Dude you are looking absolutely normal and it's coming from someone who's going through LL right now and been researching LL for over 7 years. A normal person would never guess that you did LL. Get back in shape and enjoy life!

Have to agree. Wouldn't have been able to tell honestly. Congrats.

Thanks for also sharing the pant size number. I have to ask, do you cuff it or anything?

Iamready

« Reply #611 on: August 23, 2016, 05:20:10 AM »

I made the switch to flat shoes and it's made a big difference in terms of feeling 100% about my outfits.  I initially thought my shorter tops would have to be canned because they made my legs look quite long but they actually look nicer on me because the sleeve size is correct and my pants actually fit. The first pair of pants came cuffed. But you can uncuff them. The second are laid out all the way. I got 2 different fits to see which one looks best when my thighs actually fill out.

Thanks for the comments. I'm working out everyday and getting results. Nobody is more motivated than me to get 100% again. The cane is actually getting a worse reception then the walker in terms of people's perception. You basically go from someone recovering from an injury to someone who looks like they have a motor disease. But it's practical as fk. I stopped seeing the girl I was banging because she was trying to sleep over every night and during this recovery phase the little things like disagreeing on temperature and not wanting to cuddle or be next to her  because of discomfort was driving us to fight all the time. I need to get rid of this cane so I can feel normal again and get back to one night stands.  Anyway. Just sharing my thoughts. Have a good one.

blahblah

« Reply #612 on: August 25, 2016, 04:18:50 AM »

Man I get super excited every time you post photos or videos(no homo), So more please! You are a motivation to me since you are a great example of someone who had to go through the muck to get to the promise land.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #613 on: August 31, 2016, 09:09:05 AM »

One thing I have been meaning to ask Limb Lengthening veterans- in case you happen to be reading; how long did it take to get your ass back?  I'd say my calf muscles are fully formed already but my thigh area and butt are very thin still.  Were you able to get the butt and thigh to pre limb lengthening size?  I've also noticed that I lost a lot of my upper body strength as well.  I can do unlimited dips because of the walker but I tried doing pull ups for the first time since surgery and I can barely do 1.  It's pretty shocking since I was always able to do at least 10 pull-ups without having been to the gym in a while.
I got my ass back gradually. It wasn't something that just happened overnight. But yea, I did notice that Hank Hill ass after LL. It comes back, don't worry. The problem is that you haven't been squatting or doing any kind of butt exercises for a while. So as you do them more, it'll fill up. Right now, it probably feels like there's no muscle there at all or your butt muscle is just thin like pancake. Prior to LL, my butt muscle was probably like a fist size. You could grab it. It's now 14 month post op, and my butt muscle is probably half an inch thick only. I only just got strong enough to start squatting, so that's probably why.

As for pull-ups, is it become you're becoming winded easily? I noticed that my stamina was really bad after LL. I could do maybe 5-7 pull ups in a row 6 months post-op. Prior to LL, it was 10 or so. I also gained 15 lbs compared to my previous weight. My BMI remained exactly the same, though. That might be why it's hard to do even one pull up.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Iamready

« Reply #614 on: August 31, 2016, 04:12:16 PM »

Hey. I just started doing squats last week.  I am finally noticing an improvement in my butt and my thighs.  But I am also doing at least an hour training on my legs every other day.  The reason why my butt was bothering me so much is because it was large before and it dwindled into a deflated beach ball with saggy skin- I don't know if this is the case with all bubble butted people but mine certainly turned into an old man's ball sack.  It also helps to work out the hamstrings because that gives curves to the back of the thigh.  About the pull ups, it's no so much that I get winded but more so I lost the muscle to pull myself up.  I am meeting with Paley next Tuesday to make sure everything is on pace with my recovery and to get some more information about fine tuning.

rock112

« Reply #615 on: September 04, 2016, 11:02:46 PM »

Wwwwwwwww. I was watching your videos, what you said about proportions. "All you see is a tall person." So true man, I can't believe how insanely great your proportions look now. I would never ever in a million years guess LL. You look incredible, and also for being 31 your face looks really good too!

How is your recovery going? Do you still feel constant pains? What did Paley say?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #616 on: September 14, 2016, 08:49:07 PM »

how is your recovery going? Are you still using a cane?
I learned some stuff during this time

Iamready

« Reply #617 on: September 15, 2016, 05:31:00 PM »

Sorry I didn't respond sooner.  I read the comment at work a while ago but forgot to answer.

I only use the cane once a week at most if it's going to be a long walking journey.  For everything else I am without it.  There is minimal pain in the morning and stiffness in my ankles and lower calf.  The thighs have no pain, neither do the knees.  My hips are aligned again.  Everything is good, but I should be stretching more instead of being content with my progress. 

I decided to remove all my pictures and videos from the diary.  After reading the Apotheosis thread and seeing all the mocking I think it's best.  Hopefully you guys understand and were able to gain something from my experience. 

Keep you guys updated in the future. 

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #618 on: September 15, 2016, 05:38:30 PM »

I decided to remove all my pictures and videos from the diary.  After reading the Apotheosis thread and seeing all the mocking I think it's best.  Hopefully you guys understand and were able to gain something from my experience. 

I understand but people were mocking Apo only because he is a deluded scammer so idk... your choice.

I only use the cane once a week at most if it's going to be a long walking journey.  For everything else I am without it.  There is minimal pain in the morning and stiffness in my ankles and lower calf.  The thighs have no pain, neither do the knees.  My hips are aligned again.  Everything is good, but I should be stretching more instead of being content with my progress. 

You think your pain and stiffnes will go away in time? I mostly ask because you recover pretty quickly and nicely.

Anyways glad that you update, good luck.

ub40

« Reply #619 on: September 15, 2016, 05:56:00 PM »

Sorry I didn't respond sooner.  I read the comment at work a while ago but forgot to answer.

Keep you guys updated in the future.

Of course we understand.. Thanks for sharing your journey with everyone.

And while no one deserves to get bashed like syop, it needs to be mentioned that some people were seriously hurt as a result of his actions
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25   Go Up