Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley  (Read 267184 times)

Peaceout

Re: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley
« Reply #651 on: November 18, 2016, 01:50:41 PM »

Can you tell where/how did you find pics about apo's AL.I only talked with a LL vet once and he told me that Apo did AL and he said he is %100 sure about it.Besides that i dont know any information about it.

Iamready

« Reply #652 on: November 18, 2016, 02:46:14 PM »

I'm not proud to say it but I did some pretty intense investigation on social media.  All I have to say is he looks much better post AL.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #653 on: November 18, 2016, 03:27:15 PM »

Sure he looks better post AL. Tall people have longer limbs (longer legs AND arms and forearms) rather than much longer torso. You rarely see a disproportionate tall person for the simple fact that all of them have arms that match the length of their legs. Much longer torso would put alot of stress on the spine and this is why some of the taller folks who instead of very long legs have long torso suffer from alot of back problems (proven my medical literature... Not inventing).

Just remember Iamready that you should lengthen according to your femurs lengthening and not total lengthening since you dont want your hands to come too close to your knees
I learned some stuff during this time

Iamready

« Reply #654 on: November 18, 2016, 03:30:43 PM »

Def. not going to lengthen to knees.  It won't even be halfway to my knees when I am done.

willsa

« Reply #655 on: November 26, 2016, 02:24:46 AM »

Wow very courageous to go back for more! That will be very valuable for others to hear about.

Hows recovery going on the legs? Anything you can't do or still is difficult? How are the mornings?

Iamready

« Reply #656 on: November 26, 2016, 04:06:51 AM »

Legs are much better from the time I began lengthening my arms. I'm not sure if it's from the time passing or because I switched to sleeping on my back but I no longer have issues with tightness and ankle pain when getting up from bed.  You also rely on your legs much more because pushing off from the seating position is not something I feel comfortable doing with broken arms.

I'm a little over an inch on the arms and progress is hiccup free- besides the obvious discomfort of lengthening my arms 4 times a day. 

Chris

« Reply #657 on: November 27, 2016, 08:47:29 PM »

I'm a little over an inch on the arms and progress is hiccup free- besides the obvious discomfort of lengthening my arms 4 times a day.
So you're lengthening your arms at 1mm/day?
I hope this will help you to find inner peace with your already great looking proportions :)
I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

EndGame

« Reply #658 on: December 09, 2016, 02:16:12 AM »

Are you done lengthening?  Was stretching difficult or easy to do with arms? You do it on your own after returning home? Hope all is well!

Iamready

« Reply #659 on: December 09, 2016, 07:02:42 AM »

I am lengthening 1 mm a day.  Sleeping is becoming impossible due to shoulder pain- I wake up every 45min, stretch, then pass out; rinse and repeat.  I'm not sure exactly why it is that sleeping, resting, causes such incredible pain but as long as I keep active I am fine.  My flexibility is perfect and I just stretch throughout the day and do various exercises.  I am at 4cm now and I will continue onto 5cm.  One of the things I worried about going into this was my humerus to ulna/radius proportions and how it would ultimately look.  Luckily, I am able to see it evolve day to day and compare it to my starting point.  I can't speak for everyone else's perception, but I am really happy with how it looks. I just hope I can stand the sleepless nights for 10 more days.  At 5cm, I still will be a little short of a natural wingspan.  My self confidence has sky rocketed and I am looking so much better in my clothes and without.  I'm very happy I decided to go through with this.

8cm added wingspan

guichethope

« Reply #660 on: December 09, 2016, 08:25:50 AM »

Hi can you put pics of your tibia scars please it would be very kind  :)

midnightninja

« Reply #661 on: December 09, 2016, 08:44:54 AM »

You are at my goal AL length! 4cm.

I would say so far you look absolutely great! I would never notice.

Peaceout

« Reply #662 on: December 09, 2016, 09:18:36 AM »

thank you so much for the pic man.I must agree that i was thinking just like you (about radius/ulna proportions after AL).But honestly,it looks really good..!

Edit:Did you loose any weight since the time that you posted your last pics?

Iamready

« Reply #663 on: December 09, 2016, 09:26:07 AM »

Even though I could see my hands were hanging lower than they used to, I was super relieved to see the big gap between my bone in the x-rays.  I wasn't expecting the proportions difference to be subtle, so I had myself convinced for a while that I wasn't actually lengthening. 

Yeah I lost muscle, because all I can do now is work out my legs and use the recumbent bike.  My belly is bigger though.

guichethope

« Reply #664 on: December 09, 2016, 09:41:29 AM »

Hi Can you run ? Do you feel pain in legs . Can you walk normally  ? How are your scars ?

fivesix

• Visitor
« Reply #665 on: December 11, 2016, 07:57:02 PM »

Iamready,

How would you describe your overall pain that you experienced during your LEG lengthening with Paley? How much did the medications help and would you reccommend the surgery to others as a result.

Thanks

-FiveSix

Peaceout

« Reply #666 on: December 12, 2016, 12:21:28 PM »

So will rods stay couple years?How do you feel now?
And if its not too much troubl for you,can you post a pic from your side view ?I really want to see how it looks like especially with a tshirt.

Iamready

« Reply #667 on: December 12, 2016, 01:55:54 PM »

Guichethope, I won't run until my arms are healed.  I don't want to fall and catch myself with broken arms.  I can walk normally. Scars are ok and would have been better if I took care of them during the process.

Fivesix, I had a painful leg lengthening experience.  The medication does not help as much as you would need it to and it's not great for your body.  I would only recommend the surgery to someone who isn't deterred by the possibility of pain.

Peaceout, Rods in my leg will stay for a year, and I feel great in my legs just tremendous pain in shoulder and neck area as a result of arm lengthening.  I'm done with photo requests.  If i ever want to post a photo I will.  But other than that, I probably won't be posting pictures on this site again.

Moubgf

« Reply #668 on: December 12, 2016, 02:30:13 PM »

I am ready. What is your opinion on 8 cm femurs with guichet. Thats only 1 inch 3 cm more then you did on your femurs. And my starting height is 167. I look pretty much like you. Since i cant (obviously) afford 2 let alone 3 surgeries. Im gonna max out 8 cm on femurs. Anyway whats your opinion now that youve done it. And i want to be your height. Its worth the disproportion compared to total height gain right?

Auron

« Reply #669 on: December 12, 2016, 04:05:20 PM »

Scars are ok and would have been better if I took care of them during the process.

What do you mean by taking care of them? What is it that you could had done that you did not do?

Keep it up, you're almost there.

Whimsical

« Reply #670 on: December 12, 2016, 04:16:22 PM »

Scars depend largely on each person scarring but a good surgeon can help doing a good job. Dr Paley is good for that. He does good stitches.
It's true you can take care of scars using some products after surgery but scarring is highly dependent on each skin qualities. In some cases they do nothing.

Iamready

« Reply #671 on: December 12, 2016, 05:58:06 PM »

Well for example, I really didn't care for scars on my legs because mine are hairy.  But this time with the arms I took measures to prevent scarring and it works great.  First and foremost you must keep them covered from the sun.  Second, I use Maderma cream with spf over my scars to reduce the appearance.   Make sure if you go out to the pool or in front of the sun you keep them covered with a band aid.  And last, as Whimsical said, the stitches were done so well on my arms that i'm confident no scars will be left.

fivesix

• Visitor
« Reply #672 on: December 12, 2016, 06:16:40 PM »

Thanks!

What would you rate that pain out of 10. I know there are millions of posts about pain on the forum but it helps having more experiences firsthand about the pain.

-FiveSix

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #673 on: December 12, 2016, 06:26:08 PM »

Hey Iamready. I just read some parts of your diary, and it looks like this surgery was a great decision for you. You prepared well and long for it, so that probably helped. I'm really happy to see you are enjoying your new height and wish you all the best.

I saw that your pants waist size is 30 inches. Mine is as well, so I'm also quite skinny. I was also pretty skinny and thin as a teenager, did you ever wonder if your lifestyle when growing up stunted some of your height potential? Or did you have a better lifestyle than me during that time? Personally, I still ponder a lot what I possibly did wrong during my teenage years, even though I will never know.

You said that arm lengthening is pretty painful, but overall I imagine it must be easier than leg lengthening, because you can still walk and don't have to burden your arms in everyday situations. Anyway, I'm really curious how it will turn out, so keep posting your experience, please.  ;)

Also, I was wondering how you managed to arrange so much free time for all your surgeries. You said you saved up money, but did you quit your job when the surgery date came closer? Were you self-employed and could simply arrange time off? You don't have to go into details, just some vague information on how you did it would be enough.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

guichethope

« Reply #674 on: December 13, 2016, 10:49:16 AM »

So how much did you lengthening in your legs  in total ?

Iamready

« Reply #675 on: December 13, 2016, 11:21:03 AM »

At some points the pain was 8 out of 10. I did a lot of crying as therapy. I had a particularly difficult time; I'm not sure anyone else in the group of people lengthening with me had it close to as bad as I did. I've blocked out a lot of the experience. They say  what doesn't kill you makes you stronger but that is bs. It's not healthy to endure the pain I did but what's done is done.

I don't think anything I did stunted my growth. My parents were short, and I grew up athletic and playing sports. Can't say I didn't try every method under the sun to try and get taller before accepting limb lengthening as the realistic option.

Arm lengthening is different than limb lengthening but I wouldn't call it easier. Not being able to use your hands or arms the first few weeks is like being trapped in a straight jacket. I actually felt more free with the wheelchair and being able to move and transfer with a strong upper body and no legs.

I have a business I run with my cousin and fortunately he was able to take over my responsibilities. It wasn't the best thing for the company for me to be away but this was a step in my life that I felt needed to be done and could no longer be postponed.

I lengthened 11.5 in my legs total. I wouldn't recommend doing as much as i did unless you are ok with the possibility that you may want to get your arms done as well. It's not so much about proportions as it is about harmony between the upper and lower limbs. Basically the only issue I had was with where my arms fell on my body. I became bottom heavy. Right now at 4.3 cm I feel amazing and extremely confident. This is a feeling I missed when I just did my legs. I feel like I reaped a lot of the benefits of being taller but ultimately I felt like I needed to get my arms lengthened to complete my journey and I feel totally right now that I'm nearly done.

The plane ride back and forth to Florida was really rough on my body.  I fell asleep with my head between my legs and have severe neck pain and shoulder pain. So for now I'm putting a pause on lengthening to see if I feel good enough to continue to 5 cm. I'll make that decision soon. But of course safety first.

BiggestProblem

« Reply #676 on: December 13, 2016, 04:03:25 PM »

Is it possible to get the images Pm:ed if I promise not to share them? I really wanna see the differences.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

Iamready

« Reply #677 on: December 13, 2016, 05:56:51 PM »

Here.  But please guys when I say that I don't want to post pictures please respect that from now on, if I want to post a picture, I will post it on my terms only.  I'm skinny as all hell now, there's no muscle to distinguish the forearm and bicep as there was before, i'm in a lot of pain, and the last thing I want to do at this stage is take pictures.  I realize that you guys want to see what it looks like but for the first time in a long time I am happy with my appearance and I don't want to become some case study that people constantly want pictures of to scrutinize.  Try and see this from my perspective.

BiggestProblem

« Reply #678 on: December 13, 2016, 05:58:59 PM »

That arm looks good!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 09:10:08 PM by BiggestProblem »
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

guichethope

« Reply #679 on: December 13, 2016, 08:47:06 PM »

hey nice arm do you have pics of your legs ? I' m very interested .

Overdozer

« Reply #680 on: December 13, 2016, 11:50:29 PM »

and I don't want to become some case study that people constantly want pictures of to scrutinize.  Try and see this from my perspective.
Good point. That's why I don't post any pics at all. People will tell you look good, but in other threads use your case as a "freak case", see Apo. And the only reason they do it is to justify and rationalize their own lesser lengthening goals - it makes sense, as no one really wants to go through 3 fking surgeries, but still people on these forums are arrogant as fk. Who cares sharing anything with them. Let them enjoy their one-step lengthening with leg segment disproportion and messed up leg biomechanics.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Alu

« Reply #681 on: December 14, 2016, 01:45:23 AM »

Yeah, same here I get that sentiment. Knowing me, you know how much I worry about the proportion sort of thing, and often times I forget that there's an actual person who's willingly sharing his image to us. So to that, in my case— apologies.

In terms of the pic, I will say I am surprised at how natural it looks. Congrats on that!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Up