Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley  (Read 266668 times)

Alu

Re: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley
« Reply #713 on: January 25, 2017, 04:23:19 AM »

Speaking of boots, does it feel awkward wearing shoes that give you 1 inch+? I would assume having longer legs and more cushion under your feet would be a little off. Considering your center of mass is higher up and your legs are already long.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #714 on: January 25, 2017, 04:29:35 AM »

Speaking of boots, does it feel awkward wearing shoes that give you 1 inch+? I would assume having longer legs and more cushion under your feet would be a little off. Considering your center of mass is higher up and your legs are already long.
Why should it? Taller people have a highier center of gravity... I have a 5'11 friend that wear shirts that are too short for me (in length). My GF's brother is 183-185 and I borrowed a sweatshirt from him and it fitted me perfectly. Both of them wear boots without any problems

edit: The goal of my post was to show that those tall friends I have all just have longer legs than I do... Yet, they dont have any difficulty with walking, squatting (although both need to do a low bar very wide stance squat) and running.. Also no problem wearing boots.
I learned some stuff during this time

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #715 on: January 25, 2017, 04:45:00 AM »

It must feel fking AMAZING.

Dude went from 5'5 to 5'10 and probably 5'11 (nearly 6') in boots. Because nearly everyone who's 5'11 says their 6, I'm pretty sure girls think Iamready is 6. And I feel like after 5'11, girls can't really tell how tall you are anyway, and just classify you as tall (like the girl inches phenomenon, no one has an 11 inch penis).

Going from 5'5 to ~5'11-6... What a massive social difference.

Alu

« Reply #716 on: January 25, 2017, 04:18:47 PM »

Look, sorry to keep dispelling the notion that taller people are just people with longer legs than their shorter counter parts, but... yeah...

My question was more geared towards how Iamready feels with his body now that his legs are longer and how even more cm through cushion could make him feel aesthetically and physically.  (this is just my uneducated speculation).

TIBIKE200

« Reply #717 on: January 25, 2017, 05:25:36 PM »

I never said that taller people have all the height in their legs. But only that some tall people are long legged just like there can be long legged short people.

Iamready

« Reply #718 on: January 25, 2017, 09:04:41 PM »

There's a tradeoff. For everyday normal stuff such as shopping, work, and gym, I wear flat shoes such as vans and converse. But if I'm going to go to a bar or club or an event where people would be wearing high heels I might wear boots and I adjust my outfit accordingly. I wouldn't wear boots with super tight pants and a short sweater. Typically it's a jacket with a longer shirt under to create a more balanced look. Walking is actually very easy with boots. Maybe all those years of wearing lifts helped me out. I suppose it's no different than how girls feel when they wear wedges. Some girls suck at it while others can run in them.

Alu

« Reply #719 on: January 25, 2017, 09:13:22 PM »

Ok yeah that's what I was looking for. How it would feel and how it would look. Thanks for the answer.

Iamready

« Reply #720 on: January 25, 2017, 09:16:03 PM »

It must feel fking AMAZING.

Dude went from 5'5 to 5'10 and probably 5'11 (nearly 6') in boots. Because nearly everyone who's 5'11 says their 6, I'm pretty sure girls think Iamready is 6. And I feel like after 5'11, girls can't really tell how tall you are anyway, and just classify you as tall (like the girl inches phenomenon, no one has an 11 inch penis).

Going from 5'5 to ~5'11-6... What a massive social difference.

Hi. Just a small correction.  I was measured barefoot at the Paley institute at 5 9.5. So with boots I'd be 5 11.  It's amazing how much of a boost that 1.5 inches is. When I go out I would say I'm taller than over half of the guys and roughly 80-90% of girls. I live in Los Angeles so I understand how that statistic would change depending on my location.  Wearing boots is definitely a luxury and I want to keep it that way. I relied on lifts and shoes with larger heels in the past and I'm very careful not to go down that rabbit hole again. I'm all about being comfortable with my actual height. And honestly, even though I wear shoes that are flatter than most everyone on a daily basis- about 5-10 with my converse- I never feel short and I always look perfect in every outfit I wear whereas with boots I look better in some outfits than I do in others.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #721 on: January 25, 2017, 09:16:27 PM »

There's a tradeoff. For everyday normal stuff such as shopping, work, and gym, I wear flat shoes such as vans and converse. But if I'm going to go to a bar or club or an event where people would be wearing high heels I might wear boots and I adjust my outfit accordingly. I wouldn't wear boots with super tight pants and a short sweater. Typically it's a jacket with a longer shirt under to create a more balanced look. Walking is actually very easy with boots. Maybe all those years of wearing lifts helped me out. I suppose it's no different than how girls feel when they wear wedges. Some girls suck at it while others can run in them.

What about formal wear? For example when you wear a nice formal shirt tucked into dress pants, are you confident appearing in such an outfit? I supposed it's alright since you wear flat shoes and also did arm lengthening? Thank god there is natural variation in torso and leg lengths.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Iamready

« Reply #722 on: January 25, 2017, 09:19:21 PM »

What about formal wear? For example when you wear a nice formal shirt tucked into dress pants, are you confident appearing in such an outfit? I supposed it's alright since you wear flat shoes and also did arm lengthening? Thank god there is natural variation in torso and leg lengths.

Formal wear I would stick to dress shoes which are generally pretty flat.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #723 on: January 26, 2017, 01:00:31 AM »

What's your pants inseam now?

Iamready

« Reply #724 on: January 26, 2017, 01:33:47 AM »

depends on the pant. In seven jeans I'm 32. In diesel I have a few pairs 32 and one in 30 that fits the same as the 32. Who knows?  Why do you ask?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #725 on: January 26, 2017, 01:49:02 AM »

Because limb lengthening increases your inseam. And since I have seen your post op photos, it would be interesting to know what inseam you have.

Btw, when a jeans's inseam fits, it means that the jeans/pants not reach the floor being barefoot?

Alu

« Reply #726 on: January 26, 2017, 01:53:53 AM »

depends on the pant. In seven jeans I'm 32. In diesel I have a few pairs 32 and one in 30 that fits the same as the 32. Who knows?  Why do you ask?

It's our way of gauging your proportions and ratio to see how it would apply to us... :P

Iamready

« Reply #727 on: January 26, 2017, 04:36:32 AM »

Because limb lengthening increases your inseam. And since I have seen your post op photos, it would be interesting to know what inseam you have.

Btw, when a jeans's inseam fits, it means that the jeans/pants not reach the floor being barefoot?

I don't know how accurate my inseam is unless I have a tailor measure it for me because it seems inconsistent. I'd say I'm probably a 31. But I've only seen size 30 and 32 so those are the sizes I bought.

Bleda

• Visitor
« Reply #728 on: January 26, 2017, 06:13:31 AM »

Hi Iamready, don't want to across as a gushing fan boy or anything, but, congrats on everything you've achieved. I know how hard one LL is and to do 2 back to back and then arm lengthening, well, huge respect. Just a question regarding your AL, so you did both arms at the same time? How was that with functioning in day to day life. Could you still use your hands for most things, or were you fairly incapacitated. I'd like to get my arms done also and getting one at a time done seems like it would be much easier but the double up on time is the bigger problem I feel. 

Iamready

« Reply #729 on: January 26, 2017, 07:32:37 AM »

I'd say the first few weeks your fked. It's tough to sit on a toilet.  It's even tougher getting up off one. And then sleep is difficult. You can forget about using a blanket because you can't even pull a sheet over yourself. In summary, I was more capable of helping myself when my legs were incapacitated because I could use my upper body strength and wheelchair for everything. I couldn't even rest my arms on my keyboard or use a computer mouse for longer than a few minutes. It's a challenge. Don't know how else to put it.

Bleda

• Visitor
« Reply #730 on: January 26, 2017, 08:07:58 AM »

Damn. So you had someone to cook your meals, etc, I take it? Sounds like one at a time it is, haha.

Iamready

« Reply #731 on: January 26, 2017, 07:53:46 PM »

I don't even remember what my meals were.  I stayed in a hotel for 3 weeks after the operation so my meals varied from McDonalds, Cup O Noodles, my own sperm etc.

Rod Thick

« Reply #732 on: January 26, 2017, 08:00:12 PM »

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

Jamee

• Visitor
« Reply #733 on: February 02, 2017, 01:32:18 PM »

congratulation on your success man

i have a question,

1-  how big the scars are in your arm and how noticeable they are.
2-  how long is the recovery time for AL.
3- how much it costs you to do AL
4- if you are to describe the difference between AL and LL, what would you say

thanks in advance for your answers :)

drvbmc

• Visitor
« Reply #734 on: February 03, 2017, 07:16:05 AM »

iamready, when you were at paley's, were there any rumblings about the potential of developing a full weight bearing internal rod? the ability to fully weight bear during this surgery (like with ilzarov) would be of huge benefit for many reasons.
LL March 2018 with Dr. Mahboubian
6.35 cm internal femurs with Precice 2
163.5 --> 170 cm

Iamready

« Reply #735 on: February 08, 2017, 10:13:19 PM »

congratulation on your success man

i have a question,

1-  how big the scars are in your arm and how noticeable they are.
2-  how long is the recovery time for AL.
3- how much it costs you to do AL
4- if you are to describe the difference between AL and LL, what would you say

thanks in advance for your answers :)

Scars are like mosquito bites and will be totally gone with time.
Recovery time for AL- I'm guessing a year before i'm 100%
Arm Lengthening cost the same as Leg Lengthening
Difference between AL and LL.  2 different types of pain.  I actually felt like my arm was broken during AL. AL went quicker for me but was a bit more difficult for me the first few weeks.  You don't realize how tough things are without the use of them.

Iamready

« Reply #736 on: February 08, 2017, 10:14:00 PM »

iamready, when you were at paley's, were there any rumblings about the potential of developing a full weight bearing internal rod? the ability to fully weight bear during this surgery (like with ilzarov) would be of huge benefit for many reasons.

I heard it's supposed to be ready by the end of the year but that could change.

Iamready

« Reply #737 on: February 08, 2017, 10:26:33 PM »

Sorry for not responding to my messages, i'll get to them soon.

Quick update.  Close to two weeks ago, Paley looked at my x-rays for my arms and said in 1 month I could resume weightlifting.  I have been working out with 3 and 5 pound weights, and even those are tough for me to handle : :o

When I finished leg lengthening and started fully weight bearing, my calf muscles grew large very quickly.  It's not the type of muscle that's actually strong but it looks insane when I flex.  I even had to change my waist size on my pants so my calves could go through the pant legs all the way.  The quads did not grow like my calves but they are slowly filling in and I think they'll be back to normal in less than a year.  My upper arm though, seems to be growing in the same way my calf muscles did.  I exercise lightly but I can see them getting larger by the day.  It would be nice if my shoulder muscles grow quickly as well.  We shall see.  Really glad how my arms turned out but ideally they would be an inch or 2 longer.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #738 on: February 08, 2017, 10:54:58 PM »

You mentioned you had relatively short arms compared even to your original height, right?

I think mine are the same. Even with clothes that fit me fine otherwise, the sleeves are always an inch or two too long. When sitting in my car, I can reach the pedals just fine but the steerin wheel is always a little too far away.

You said you think there are some trade-offs to AL. Do you think you won't be able to gain the strength in your arms you were able to gain before AL, even after many years of recovery?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Iamready

« Reply #739 on: February 08, 2017, 11:07:51 PM »

Yeah I would say my arms were either average or short.  But never long. 
I'm optimistic but only time will tell.

Iamready

« Reply #740 on: February 09, 2017, 07:38:03 PM »

Here's a pic of my calf muscle.  I only work my quad muscles but my calf keeps growing and the same thing is starting to happen to my biceps.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #741 on: February 09, 2017, 07:42:56 PM »

wow. it's huge

I guess if you will wear shoes with small heels (boots and clarksons) it will lower the growth rate. I guess the growth is because the muscle is under constant tension (because of the complex tendine structure) and it makes him "feel" like you are doing isometric training on him non stop.

The same is with the biceps and brachialis muscles. They connect with a tendon that is somewhat similar to the achilles one (a big single tendon) to the other end thus when you stretch it, it exerts alot of force which your arm muscles need to stand against

Iamready

« Reply #742 on: February 09, 2017, 07:55:37 PM »

I'll take that theory.  Makes sense.  I specifically avoided shoes with any type of thick sole or cushioning because they felt like cheating during recovery.  Learning to walk in flat shoes was way harder but I feel like I need to stick to flat shoes until I regain all my flexibility.  Plus they just look so much better; it's just a shame I haven't found a very comfortable pair.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #743 on: February 09, 2017, 08:02:08 PM »

Even before I developed my height complex I wore timberlands, blandstones and clarksons... I just love their style (and so do the ladies :D)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up