Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley  (Read 266601 times)

Iamready

Re: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley
« Reply #744 on: February 09, 2017, 08:09:31 PM »

It's probably a mental thing for me.  I spent so many years trying to boost my height with shoes and now I have this opportunity to wear anything I want.  I'll wear boots every once in a while but I think that the 10 pairs in my closet will last me the rest of my life.

« Reply #745 on: February 10, 2017, 09:58:29 PM »

Hello IAmReady, I have been following your diary closely as I believe your limb lengthening decisions have been close to optimal in regards to the doctor chosen, recovery, proportions and balancing risk/reward so for this, congratulations. As I understand it, you finished arm lengthening approximately a month ago and approximately 7 months since full weight bearing on your legs - how has your recovery been concerning both your arms and legs? Is there much pain or weakness and do you notice improvement from week to week? Thank you for this informative diary.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #746 on: February 10, 2017, 10:52:31 PM »

^ Also, when you get around to answering that, did you do internal or external tibias? I've read this thread a few times and never found an answer

« Reply #747 on: February 10, 2017, 11:01:31 PM »

^ Also, when you get around to answering that, did you do internal or external tibias? I've read this thread a few times and never found an answer

If I had to guess, I would assume he went with internal tibial lengthening for three reasons.

Firstly, if I remember correctly, he posted pictures and videos of his movement and proportions which he has since deleted. I don't remember there being any external apparatus.

Secondly, most diaries concerning external lengthening of the tibia actively mention the method used, including the issues and scarring whereas IAmReady hasn't leading me to believe he has had internal rods.

Thirdly, I believe Paley prefers (only?) uses internal methods for lengthening as seen in IAmReady's femoral and humeral lengthening.

Of course, IAmReady will answer this question and I could be completely wrong, but in the meantime I would lean towards internal tibial lengthening.

Regards.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #748 on: February 10, 2017, 11:04:13 PM »

If I had to guess, I would assume he went with internal tibial lengthening for three reasons.

Firstly, if I remember correctly, he posted pictures and videos of his movement and proportions which he has since deleted. I don't remember there being any external apparatus.

Secondly, most diaries concerning external lengthening of the tibia actively mention the method used, including the issues and scarring whereas IAmReady hasn't leading me to believe he has had internal rods.

Thirdly, I believe Paley prefers (only?) uses internal methods for lengthening as seen in IAmReady's femoral and humeral lengthening.

Of course, IAmReady will answer this question and I could be completely wrong, but in the meantime I would lean towards internal tibial lengthening.

Regards.

Wow, nice deduction Mr. Holmes work, yeah now that you say that I 100% believe he did internal tibias. Lucky that he didn't end up with any knee pain.

« Reply #749 on: February 10, 2017, 11:10:41 PM »

Wow, nice deduction Mr. Holmes work, yeah now that you say that I 100% believe he did internal tibias. Lucky that he didn't end up with any knee pain.

Thank you sir. After some re-reading, I also found these excerpts within the diary by IAmReady which confirms that he internally lengthened his tibia.

On page 6, post #170 where he commented 'I was basically saying that people are apprehensive about getting their tibia lengthened internally because of some rumors of knee pains or complications and that the Paley Institute can really become the go to place for internal tibia if they make some key changes'

And on page 8, post #228 asked 'If you are doing tibia internals, arent you afraid of permanent knee pain?' to which he replied in post #229 with 'I lenghten .50mm a day.  As far as knee pain, I think that once the rods are out I can't imagine a scenario or a reason why my knees would hurt.'

I hope this has answered your question adequately.

onemorefoot

« Reply #750 on: February 20, 2017, 03:52:15 AM »

Its obvious that he had internal lengthening, because Paley doesnt use external fixators for cosmetic procedures anymore( which you didnt know), but good guess.
Budget will determine my future.

Iamready

« Reply #751 on: February 26, 2017, 12:11:36 AM »

Hey here is a quick update and my thoughts on the discussion Bodybuilder was having regarding his height and women.  The audio quality is poor, please use headphones.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #752 on: February 26, 2017, 02:13:06 AM »

thx for the update Iamready.

Happy to hear that you don't have any more complexes and are happy with the way you are :) That's the best result this surgery can have
I learned some stuff during this time

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #753 on: February 26, 2017, 09:33:07 AM »

@Iamready

Fantastic post. It really touched on some issues I've been reflecting on lately, but I won't clog up your thread.
Glad to hear things are going well.

Stature

• Visitor
« Reply #754 on: March 05, 2017, 11:25:04 PM »

First of all...thanks for sharing your detailed experience and thoughts! Much appreciated!

Question for all the LL veterans and Dr. Paley: what are your thoughts on taking collagen supplements before and after the surgery? Do you think that collagen can help with flexibility and distraction of soft tissue, especially for the older patients?

Note: I have already sent an email to Dr. Parihar, however I don't have Dr. Paley's email address, so I haven't asked him yet.

« Reply #755 on: March 05, 2017, 11:47:19 PM »

Hello Stature,

Collagen supplementation is something that has interested me and I put a question to Dr Birkholtz on this forum about why people with achodroplasia are able to lengthen to amounts far beyond what would be considered extreme, his reply -

Achondroplasia is an interesting one. It is a condition that has its origins in abnormal collagen. You will recall that collagen also makes up most of the muscle and tendon structures. Because of this, these patients have much more supple soft tissues that allow tremendous amounts of lengthening quite safely.

In my opinion, at worst collagen supplementation will do nothing, at best, it may be beneficial.

« Reply #756 on: March 16, 2017, 01:26:45 PM »

Hey IAmReady - Any update on how your recovery is going? If you could spare the time, it would be great to see how you are getting on. Take care, man.

willsa

« Reply #757 on: April 01, 2017, 08:50:12 PM »

Hey man, how's it going? It's been about like a year and a half right?

Do you think you could've been happy with just doing femurs instead of femurs/tibias?

ShortArm

« Reply #758 on: August 23, 2017, 05:29:52 PM »

Hi Iamready. Hope you are recovering well from everything.

I wanna know about your humerus lenghtening. How mutch it has affected in your ability to do the same stuff as before?

You are one tough guy to go trough this all!

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
Tibia screws
« Reply #759 on: June 03, 2018, 12:29:52 AM »

I met with Dr. Paley today and there is good news for people interested in tibia lengthening.  It seems that now when they lengthen the tibia they insert an additional rod?/nail in the fibula and fixate it better to the tibia.  I don't have the exact details so forgive me if I didn't phrase it correctly but they have improved their process to prevent any complications- which is always a good thing.

Replying to this 2016-Nov post: I had the tibias surgery in March 2018 and didn't have any additional rods (the fibula is much too thin for any PRECICE nail to fit). My tibia x-rays show two screws securing the fibula to the tibia. One fellow Paley patient had the lower screw come out. Paley fixed this complication at no charge.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Purushrottam

Re: Tibia screws
« Reply #760 on: June 03, 2018, 04:46:07 AM »

Replying to this 2016-Nov post: I had the tibias surgery in March 2018 and didn't have any additional rods (the fibula is much too thin for any PRECICE nail to fit). My tibia x-rays show two screws securing the fibula to the tibia. One fellow Paley patient had the lower screw come out. Paley fixed this complication at no charge.

Wow thats still scary. Another reason why we should be grateful if our LL process went without a hitch. Even with state of the art equipment and surgeons, things can still go wrong. 

Hope you are doing well, OYG.
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

TemakiSushi

Re: Tibia screws
« Reply #761 on: June 11, 2018, 06:54:05 AM »

what I understood was that  they didn't put any screws to fibulas in the initial operation and the protocol had been so at that time, so the two screws you had are the extra screws they talked about after the new protocol.
did I understand wrong?
Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #762 on: June 13, 2018, 04:33:39 PM »

any updates? Are u still alive?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #763 on: April 10, 2020, 11:29:40 AM »

Just wanted to let @iamready know that Dr. Paley's official FAQ pdf file provided on his website mentions this diary of iamready, albiet in a surrogate/lowkey manner.

https://paleyinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/Cosmetic-Stature-Lengthening-FAQs.pdf
Page 27, almost the last page, paragraph 9.

Amazing. I made an account today, first post by the way! Got addicted to reading diaries yesterday, read for 16 hours straight haha.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #764 on: April 10, 2020, 09:11:31 PM »

Also researched and the testimony from above PDF and it is apparently written by @OverrideYourGenetics , aka OYG, a Precise LL who lengthened 3 inches
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]   Go Up