Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: milorad mitkovic any diaries?  (Read 39276 times)

zx6rninja

• Visitor
milorad mitkovic any diaries?
« on: January 15, 2014, 10:51:24 AM »

Hey guys! New to the form been reading as a guest for a while now! Enjoying all the info provided thanks alot too all the llers for there experience and info they gave us! Anywho lets 'cut' to the chase lol

I recently came across Dr milorad mitkovic website and I am very impressed now I havnt seen much diaries or any infact only one I read ,  I was wondering if anyone else has more information or hes reputation for LL would love to hear some positive feed back! Or any if that matter

Sweden

Re: milorad mitkovic any diaries?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 12:24:56 PM »

He has stated that he doesn't do cosmetic LL anymore.

Maybe if you go visit him and insist you need the surgery he can do it, I don't know.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 12:41:04 PM »

Let us know if he's still in business for cosmetic ll, I wouldn't mind going to Russia for second round.

Sweden

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 01:15:42 PM »

It's Serbia, not Russia.

He is not taking any patients for cosmetic reasons.

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 02:43:36 PM »

Im still stuck in USSR mode.

Disobedient

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 07:59:05 PM »

he is still doing cosmetic LL  with approx 9300 EUROS

you can see Jungle's diary

Sweden

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 10:33:16 PM »

he is still doing cosmetic LL  with approx 9300 EUROS

you can see Jungle's diary

No he is not!!

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 10:36:27 PM »

Sweden when did you hear he's not doing cosmetic LL anymore?  Last year I heard he was still doing it occasionally, but limited himself to 6 cases per year.

Disobedient

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 10:39:23 PM »

No he is not!!

why ?

have you been seeing pictures  of him in front of you where he try to say I'm not doing cosmetic LL anymore.

zx6rninja

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 03:05:43 AM »

His website seems like they are still doing the procedure but in depth not sure for cosmeticly purposes

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 05:13:01 AM »

Maybe this doc is really morally superior. He would rather help people walk evenly and not concerning about big bank account or ego (I made those people taller, I'm a god, muah muah ha).

ewt

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 05:32:57 PM »

I just e-mail him less than a week ago and explain about how i want to lengthened my legs and he said the cost would be 9300 Euro, he still doing it, i still have the e-mail until now, He is one of my candidate for surgery next year

ant

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 06:31:39 PM »

You should do it with mitkovic.   The man is a legend.  Hes done extra surgerys for me without even charging me a penny.  Im having metal taken out of my legs and all ive got to pay is the nursing costs of 600 euro.  He does not care at all about money.  He could of many of times moved abroad and started making like 200k a year without trying.  Weve had this same conversation many of times.  As long as he has enough to money to get by then he is happy and so is his wife.  I do not think I have met such a decent man in all my life.  I was proper f**ked from bodged surgery in india.  He has got me back to living a very normalish life when English doctors said id never walk again.  For what Ive paid him I could not even do a basic tibia lengthening with Betz or Guichett.  fk paying more money going to india when Serbia is closer and the service is miles better.  How many people have ever said a bad thing about him??????  Only 1 out of about 10 patients that I know and then it wasn't justified.  With surgery comes risk.  People expect this and that but don't look after themselves well throughout at all.  Nutrition and physiotherapy is key to this treatment.  Some patients are too lazy to exercise or even have enough money to pay for the surgery,let alone living costs/  When I was in Serbia I was spending around 25 euro a day eating out all day in restaurants and then there are some lads trying to live on 2 euro a day  buying just potatoes and eggs and spending all day sitting in there room whilst I was out living it up.  Sometimes some fresh air can do wonders more than pills.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 06:36:27 PM »

Dr. Mitkovic has a very positive reputation among former patients so if you're able to go with him and he accepts you as a patient then that's great.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ewt

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 06:46:25 PM »

Prices he told me about the surgery:

1. Euro 9.300 for both tibias OR both femurs only (recommended lengthening 5cm to 7.5cm) Included :
- Anesthesia
- Medicines
- Devices
- Preoperative Investigations and Checking
- 7 days hospital stay
- Weekly changing Gauzes around pins during the lengthening process

2. Wheelchair about Euro 250

3. Apartment per month is Euro 200 - Euro 300 (staying at hospital would cost Euro 1000 per month)

So the pricing should come around : Euro 10.450 excluding Plane Tickets, Foods, and other daily essentials
So you should save up at least Euro 12.000 to be sure you got everything covered

I would probably do it next year with him, because the price is right and he have quite good reputation

ant

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 07:30:25 PM »

His monorail is virtually pain free after the first week compared to ilizarov.
You never know you may come home with a Serbian girlfriend.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 07:33:52 PM »

His monorail is virtually pain free after the first week compared to ilizarov.
You never know you may come home with a Serbian girlfriend.

Do you think his device works well with femoral lengthening too? Both traditional frames and monorails are discouraged for femur lengthening but I wonder if Mitkovic's device would make femoral lengthening more tolerable.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ant

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 08:12:49 PM »

The only real problem with monorail is infection which can sting like a bitch.  Keep infections under control and lengthen at a safe limit and you will be fine.   I would never have internal lengthening devices because I like to see whats going on and if anything needs altering it can be done without further surgery.  It is quite comfortable but you struggle as you cant bend your knees properly as the pins go through the muscles.   That limits walking ability but the fact of what your doing for the price it makes sense to use a wheel chair and just take the odd few step as and when you can.  Time is your best friend here, no need to rush things.  The device is more than stable.  At one point I had broken tibias and broken femurs and I can could still stand and walk a few steps.  When I did my tibias I was walking around Nis centre after a week of having the surgery.  Mitkovic could charge 20k and it would still be worth it

Taller

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2014, 08:24:05 PM »

Hello Ant,

Thanks for sharing so many details about your experience with us. It's definitely very helpful information. If you didn't mind my asking, who was the doctor is India who screwed you over?

Also, does anyone know if Dr. Mitkovic's monorails can be worn under baggy pants?

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2014, 06:20:48 AM »

There are people out there try to steer LL prospects to India by telling other doctors are bad or out of practice if the price is comparable to their commissioned doctors. Don't believe people, ask a lot of questions from all doctors around the world.

iwanttobetall

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2014, 01:10:04 PM »

He is doing external only at this point.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2014, 03:53:48 PM »

Also, does anyone know if Dr. Mitkovic's monorails can be worn under baggy pants?

Yes they can.  Jungle wore pants when I saw him in Serbia.  They weren't even all that baggy either.  It's a nice small fixator he made.

Taller

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2014, 12:44:48 AM »

Yes they can.  Jungle wore pants when I saw him in Serbia.  They weren't even all that baggy either.  It's a nice small fixator he made.

This is amazing. For me, and many others I'm sure, a fairly cheap doctor offering minimally-sized and fully weight-bearning externals would be a dream come true. Ewt's post seems to indicate that, while Dr. Mitkovic has indubitably scaled back his involvement in CLL during these last few years, he may not have completely ceased to perform this kind of surgery.

I just e-mail him less than a week ago and explain about how i want to lengthened my legs and he said the cost would be 9300 Euro, he still doing it, i still have the e-mail until now, He is one of my candidate for surgery next year

Is anyone in a position to share any information regarding how involved Dr. M currently is in LL, how many purely cosmetic LL surgeries he performs per year, and what his future plans are regarding the availability of LL under his care? Any new info would be very much appreciated, and we'd love to hear it!

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2014, 01:11:56 AM »

He's limiting himself to 6 cases per year, is offering the external monorails of his own design only, and is being pretty conservative in the height he's offering.  I don't think he wants to do any more Jungles.

He's the only one who doesn't try to make tons of money from foreign patients.  Serbia is not a 3rd world country so he's not making a huge profit from the 9300 Euro fee.  If you're lucky enough to get your emails answered by him, he's the best value in LL.

Taller

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 02:05:30 AM »

I don't think he wants to do any more Jungles.

And I don't think anyone anywhere would blame him for this!  ;D Jungle was just crazy, but that's sometimes what it takes to succeed, and, in Jungle's case, it certainly was. But he's definitely also a good example of what can be achieved with enough dedication and education. His daily exercise regimen while doing femurs was ridiculous. I read that he never skipped a single day. It must have been awesome to meet someone like that.

he's not making a huge profit from the 9300 Euro fee.  If you're lucky enough to get your emails answered by him, he's the best value in LL.

This is fantastic news for the LL community. I am stoked right now! Unfortunately, it wouldn't be responsible for me, personally, to do surgery this year (I don't have enough emergency money). Would you happen to know if he plans to continue to offer 6 CLL surgeries per year for the near future? I've already marked my calendar to contact him January 1st 2015 (technically I marked it the day before, 2014 calendar ::) ), if circumstances allow  8) .

Adriano

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2014, 05:55:37 AM »

MDOW

Is this device weight bearing?

Was Jungle walking when you met him?

it looks like I can return to work with this device still attached so I am very interested.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2014, 06:00:28 AM »

Jungle didn't like to walk because he was afraid he'd get some kind of misalignment, but I watched him stand.  I'm pretty sure the device is fully weightbearing though.

ant

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2014, 12:41:42 PM »

The device is weight bearing yes.  I used to walk around Serbia with tibias and femurs broken.  I needed crutches of course

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2014, 04:46:39 PM »

What's with all the speculation? Just wait for someone from the forum to do an LL with him and report back. Weight bearing is important but only if you have somewhere to walk to. More importantly,  if the doctor deserves all the praises.

ant

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2014, 07:49:20 PM »

This isn't speculation.  I have had surgery multiple times with him

Orlando

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2014, 09:37:36 PM »

What technique does Dr Mitkovic use, his own modified external frames? 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up