Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: milorad mitkovic any diaries?  (Read 39277 times)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: milorad mitkovic any diaries?
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2014, 09:55:39 PM »

It's a monorail fixator of his own design.

Taller

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2014, 10:07:06 PM »

Interesting! It looks nothing like any other fixator I've ever seen. He also has a version designed for the humerus apparently. To me, his external monorail looks like an internal nail with pins to keep it outside the leg. It even "clicks" like an internal nail, but clicking is probably activated differently. Apparently he can also do corrections at the end of lengthening that keep misalignment to a minimum. This is what LuckyNew underwent after ~9 CM, if I'm not mistaken.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2014, 12:23:27 AM »

Interesting! It looks nothing like any other fixator I've ever seen. He also has a version designed for the humerus apparently. To me, his external monorail looks like an internal nail with pins to keep it outside the leg. It even "clicks" like an internal nail, but clicking is probably activated differently. Apparently he can also do corrections at the end of lengthening that keep misalignment to a minimum. This is what LuckyNew underwent after ~9 CM, if I'm not mistaken.

Where did you read he has a clicking device?  Jungle had to turn a nut with a wrench to lengthen.

NMG

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2014, 01:02:12 AM »

If he is limiting his cosmetic lengthening procedures to 6 a year I wonder what his height restrictions might be since in Serbia the average reported male height is 6'0 and in reality for the youth of Serbia today it might be even taller. Does anyone know if he bases his height restrictions on Serbia's average height or the average height of the country the patient is from? and does anyone have any idea what his height restrictions might be if the patient is completely physically and physiologically healthy and well prepared for LL?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2014, 01:46:11 AM »

If he is limiting his cosmetic lengthening procedures to 6 a year I wonder what his height restrictions might be since in Serbia the average reported male height is 6'0 and in reality for the youth of Serbia today it might be even taller. Does anyone know if he bases his height restrictions on Serbia's average height or the average height of the country the patient is from? and does anyone have any idea what his height restrictions might be if the patient is completely physically and physiologically healthy and well prepared for LL?

It's not about starting height, it's about how much he'll lengthen you.  I don't have any of the specifics, just that a Beijing friend of mine wanted to go to him for femurs and they couldn't agree on how much lengthening could be done.  So another doctor was chosen.

Taller

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2014, 05:24:12 AM »

Where did you read he has a clicking device?  Jungle had to turn a nut with a wrench to lengthen.

Actually, the evidence is pretty circumstantial. My bad for jumping the gun and making that post.

Maverick on old forum  described Dr. Mitkovic's device as "same as interal" nail sitting outside the bone.

And Zoton, from the same site, says "Like I said I have never tried to lengthen my leg at all it just lengthens on its own, Today I am past 2 cms, I am starting to feel the clicks slow down like what the proff says."

But I suppose I must have something confused.

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2014, 06:00:38 AM »

Stop guessing,  just send an LL emissary already.

iwanttobetall

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2014, 10:19:16 AM »

Booked my appointment with him in September.

Expected: Tibia 7.5 cm, Femur 4.5 cm, or Tibia 7 cm Femur 5 cm.

Dr. Mitkovic responded all my emails very promptly and even those concerning US citizens stay for longer than 90 days. I really think God is giving me some chances  ;)

About his lengthening limit: Although you can go beyond 7.5 cm, he's recommend maximum lengthening is 5-7.5 cm.

*He can do internal also, but you have to wait till next year (2015), and the price can be different because 9,300 EUR is for external only. And he recommends external*

iwanttobetall

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2014, 10:23:27 AM »

About the lengthening limit:

He's price is so nice that even makes me affordable for lengthening both parts of my leg!! Thus I don't have to worry about disproportion anymore, and it's safer :P

Sweden

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2014, 10:31:11 AM »

This is actually great news  :D

I would lengthen my femurs with him, but having frames for 8-9 months is too long.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

iwanttobetall

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2014, 11:32:39 AM »

This is actually great news  :D

I would lengthen my femurs with him, but having frames for 8-9 months is too long.

Nope Sweden. You don't need that long according to him XD

crimsontide

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2014, 01:17:16 PM »

i will be maybe the first diary here for him..  I'll keep you  guys posted and ty ant

Taller

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2014, 03:12:12 PM »

About the lengthening limit:

He's price is so nice that even makes me affordable for lengthening both parts of my leg!! Thus I don't have to worry about disproportion anymore, and it's safer :P

Hi. So Dr. M is going lengthen both parts of your leg? Will he do one segment after the other, or both at the same time?

If you don't mind my asking, what price did he quote you for both segments, and how long can you expect to stay?

Claude

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2014, 03:41:44 PM »

Nope Sweden. You don't need that long according to him XD

Well it depends on the amount you lengthen, you said you would do about 4.5 cm - 5cm on the femur, right ?
And how long did the doctor said you would need ?

crimsontide

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2014, 09:14:07 PM »

doing tibia and femur at same time????  seems quite severe?

iwanttobetall

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2014, 05:12:14 AM »

Hi. So Dr. M is going lengthen both parts of your leg? Will he do one segment after the other, or both at the same time?

If you don't mind my asking, what price did he quote you for both segments, and how long can you expect to stay?

Nope. Tibias first, and then after 3-4 months, femurs.

Can't do both parts at the same time cuz his method is more exercise-based instead of rest-based.

Dingo

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2014, 04:13:04 PM »

How does Dr Mitkovic fix the fibula with his external device? Extra screws?

There was a big argument over at the old forum because Dr Shahab Mahboubian didn't fix someone's fibulas and Dr Paley said this could well lead to problems down the road.

Also, what is this internal option for 2015? I hope it's not his "Selfdynamisable Internal Fixator (SIF)" that lies not inside the bone marrow but between the bone and the muscles (OUCH!), since it used to have a lot of problems (unless he's fixed it by now).

Could he use the Precice if the patient was willing to pay those extra 26k USD for the nails? If so, he could be a really good alternative for internal femurs.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2014, 05:17:37 PM »

Yes, he uses screws to fix the fibula.  I saw these in Jungle's x-rays.

He had multiple types of internals.  Probably what's going to be available in 2015 is the simplest fully internal one.  The SIF was always considered experimental.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2014, 07:19:24 PM »

How does Dr Mitkovic fix the fibula with his external device? Extra screws?

There was a big argument over at the old forum because Dr Shahab Mahboubian didn't fix someone's fibulas and Dr Paley said this could well lead to problems down the road.

Also, what is this internal option for 2015? I hope it's not his "Selfdynamisable Internal Fixator (SIF)" that lies not inside the bone marrow but between the bone and the muscles (OUCH!), since it used to have a lot of problems (unless he's fixed it by now).

Could he use the Precice if the patient was willing to pay those extra 26k USD for the nails? If so, he could be a really good alternative for internal femurs.

What's funny about that was Dr. Mahboubian went on old forum  at one point to defend his credentials, and after all that talk about how he doesn't fixate the fibula, he went on a tv interview and spoke about how important fibula fixation is.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

crimsontide

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2014, 06:06:02 PM »

haven't gotten  a reply back from dr mitkovic in a few days...

paco

• Visitor
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2014, 06:39:53 PM »

hi,
I am thinking to this surgery with doctor salameh but now that it looks like doctor mitkovic isn,t retired yet, perhaps i have one appoinment with doctor mitkovic. He tell me that yes, he makes lengthening with external, femur and tibias. and that my goal is very
reasonable . it is 5 cm. I don't know if he makes internal, i have emailed and yet he doesn't answer to me. the first email he responded
in two days.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2014, 07:17:58 PM »

Dr Mitkovic has got to be a very busy man and these days his primary interest is not cosmetic lengthening, so it's natural that response times might vary a good deal, especially if an influx of people start to e-mail him at once.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

crimsontide

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2014, 02:05:25 PM »

actually, i was in good contact with him until this thread was made....... ugh

iwanttobetall

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2014, 09:48:51 PM »

For all who want to go with internal, Dr. Mitkovic is probably not a good option for you.

He tells me that he does not recommend even after 2015 when the internal is available. He hopes to use external because he considered it to be his safest method.

iwanttobetall

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2014, 10:01:35 PM »

And also, if I ended up with having the surgery with him in September, I'll try writing a diary  ;D

I hope he doesn't feel bad because so many people suddenly start emailing him again about cosmetic LL, whereas his primary interest is not LL. If he doesn't want to offer cosmetic LL anymore because of this reason, I will be really hopeless... :'(

just4cm

• Visitor
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2014, 02:59:23 PM »

iwanttobetall could you please tell me on which e-mail address did u send him e-mails? I sent him two e-mails on mitkovic@gmail.com but he didn't respond yet.  :-\ I just saw he has another e-mail milorad@mitkovic.net. Which one is in use? I don'twant to be borring and keep sending him mails but I also want to know if he'll take me for consultation.

Thank you.

iwanttobetall

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2014, 03:49:25 PM »

iwanttobetall could you please tell me on which e-mail address did u send him e-mails? I sent him two e-mails on mitkovic@gmail.com but he didn't respond yet.  :-\ I just saw he has another e-mail milorad@mitkovic.net. Which one is in use? I don'twant to be borring and keep sending him mails but I also want to know if he'll take me for consultation.

Thank you.

The first one.

iwanttobetall

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2014, 03:50:18 PM »

actually, i was in good contact with him until this thread was made....... ugh

kinda have the same feeling...

just4cm

• Visitor
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2014, 04:00:00 PM »

Ty. I also plan to go after summer season, late September or early October. Maybe we could go together to Serbia? My plan is to gain 4 more cms with his external method and I will take as much time as needed to recover without any complications. What about u?

crimsontide

« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2014, 07:15:52 PM »

iwant.... yes, this thread definitely has put a damper in communication... it should probably be deleted, because all it's done has made it very hard to get a reply from the dr, which is the opposite of what we want...

just4cm

• Visitor
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2014, 08:48:10 PM »

Two of u got answer from dr. Mitkovic and now the thread should be deleted? Why's that? We others don't have the same right to contact him and ask for an advice? Why someone else can't go to dr. Mitkovic clinic? It is so selfish from u... I thought people on this forum help each other.

If admin delets the thread this forum won't be much better than old forum.

I mean I don't care. In next ten days I'll visit him in Nis. But because of other people who trust this doctor.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up