Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Does height neurosis gone after LL?  (Read 45299 times)

Want More

Does height neurosis gone after LL?
« on: August 31, 2015, 03:50:31 PM »

Most of member here need CLL to continue life. But some here have height neurosis (like me)
I think that when i reach 185cm(average for Dinaric Alps 185.6 cm) i will not ever worry about height, and i will not compare my height with other people.
So i was wondering does after CLL your height neurosis have gone? Or after CLL you still comparing your height to other people?
I need only 5cm.

Uppland

Re: Does height neurosis gone after LL?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 04:48:17 PM »

I don't think it'll be gone so easily, but it will hopefully be much easier to accept your own body and its size. I myself am below average and if I do 5CM I will be slightly above average -only that is huge in and of itself.

YellowSpike

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 05:12:17 PM »

Unless you get to average height, no, height neurosis will not be gone. I am still below average, I am still objectively short. And that is just not ok with me.

So, unless you're already a good starting height and can make it to average in one surgery, OR you're prepared (financially, physically, and emotionally) to do two LLs, this surgery will not change the fact that you are still short.

I myself am getting myself ready for round two next year. I am excersing like a mad man and stretching like a ballerina. I will not stop until I am average height.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 05:20:58 PM »

5'4.5 to 5'7 was huge for me. Like Yellowspike said, I don't know if my height neurosis would truly go away at 5'7 though since it's still objectively short in the USA, and it's exacerbated by the fact that I'm still the second shortest of my half-siblings, with two sisters being taller than me still. I would consider a femur lengthening, but only if I make a recovery to the point where I'm not limping or still having random pains, and I'm still not there yet.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

YellowSpike

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 05:31:18 PM »

The good thing for you Kilo is that you already got the harder one (tibias) done first. If you can afford internal femurs, it will seem like a cakewalk to you. Tibias take an eternity. If it weren't for that, it'd be a no brainer for me to do tibias, but I just don't have the time with my career taking off.

I have to either suck up tibias someday, or just settle for 5'9" for one more inch from femurs. Given my career, I'm heavily considering the latter option. 5'9" is ok, and more safely in the average "zone" even if that too is a bit below average.

Penguinn

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 05:44:20 PM »

I disagree halfway with YellowSpike. I think everyone has a certain height in their minds that would help relieve 80% of their annoyance at least. 5'5 guys want 5'8 and 5'8 guys want 5'11. The stories they read somehow end up gravitating towards and convincing them that the height they have in mind is right.

People don't seem disappointed after an LL, so I'm guessing they do feel satisfied.

YellowSpike

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 05:48:27 PM »

I disagree halfway with YellowSpike. I think everyone has a certain height in their minds that would help relieve 80% of their annoyance at least. 5'5 guys want 5'8 and 5'8 guys want 5'11. The stories they read somehow end up gravitating towards and convincing them that the height they have in mind is right.

People don't seem disappointed after an LL, so I'm guessing they do feel satisfied.

Before, I just wanted to be a somewhat respectable height. But as someone who is above average in most other facets of my life, being below average height by more than little bit just isn't ok with me. I'm not saying it hasn't been an improvement, it has, but I am still short, and there's no way around that.

The few 5'10" guys on here who want LL are short for their respective countries. But if you can get to average height for your country, chances are, you're going to be fully satisfied. There's a difference between the scenarios of achieving average height (no longer being objective short) versus not (still being objectively short).

Penguinn

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 05:53:31 PM »

The average male height in India should be about 5'7, but I'd be happy with 5'5.

Note: People insist India's average male height is 5'5, based on a 10 year old survey. Said survey takes into account the 30% Indian population below the poverty line. I'm talking about the kind of people I meet daily, my generation which is well nourished.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 06:01:44 PM »

The good thing for you Kilo is that you already got the harder one (tibias) done first. If you can afford internal femurs, it will seem like a cakewalk to you. Tibias take an eternity. If it weren't for that, it'd be a no brainer for me to do tibias, but I just don't have the time with my career taking off.

I have to either suck up tibias someday, or just settle for 5'9" for one more inch from femurs. Given my career, I'm heavily considering the latter option. 5'9" is ok, and more safely in the average "zone" even if that too is a bit below average.

How much time are you able to spend putting your career on hold for recovery? Would an inch or so in your tibiae be too long of a wait period for you even if you were to use the LON method?

Emef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 06:15:47 PM »

Exactly. Whike back even i argued concerning this topic, indian male teen's average height wud easily be 5'9
Mod Note: Was originally banned temporarily for clone account "YEMEF" on Oct 15 and informed of the reason with ban message ""banned for clone account: Emef:Yemf".  Return only to lie  that " this forum does that without giving an explanation without doing anything wrong".  Banned again on Feb 16.

YellowSpike

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 06:16:07 PM »

How much time are you able to spend putting your career on hold for recovery? Would an inch or so in your tibiae be too long of a wait period for you even if you were to use the LON method?

I don't know to be honest. I'm about to start a new job, so even next summer, I will only have been there for about a year...so I'd only be able to take a small amount of time off and somehow go to work on crutches. An inch more on femurs would take 2 weeks to click to, and then the wildcard is how long consolidation/recovery takes. But for an inch, shouldn't be long.

Tibias are more ideal for proportions, but they'd still take too long even if I only did an inch. Probaby at least a month to get that inch, and then recovery/consolidation will be long too.

Penguinn

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 06:18:37 PM »

Exactly. Whike back even i argued concerning this topic, indian male teen's average height wud easily be 5'9

5'7 seems very average, some are 5'7 to 5'10 and the short ones are 5'4 or 5'5. Most guys 17 and up are 5'7+. But 5'9 seems a bit too much for the average.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2015, 06:42:25 PM »

I don't know to be honest. I'm about to start a new job, so even next summer, I will only have been there for about a year...so I'd only be able to take a small amount of time off and somehow go to work on crutches. An inch more on femurs would take 2 weeks to click to, and then the wildcard is how long consolidation/recovery takes. But for an inch, shouldn't be long.

Tibias are more ideal for proportions, but they'd still take too long even if I only did an inch. Probaby at least a month to get that inch, and then recovery/consolidation will be long too.

Well whatever route you decide to go, stick around and share it with us. Don't disappear man!  :D

That's not even close to being true.

KrP1

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2015, 06:52:50 PM »

I think that if you are still short  , height neurosis will continue but in less grade

YellowSpike

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2015, 06:54:19 PM »

Well whatever route you decide to go, stick around and share it with us. Don't disappear man!  :D

Love ya, Kilo :)

I don't know, I might have to disappear for a while. I've been trying to come on here less...but a combination of the fact that this is still (obviously) on my mind and the fact that I don't have many people to talk about this with keeps me coming back. But it's very hard on here seeing others who are like 5'9/5'10 doing LL to over 6ft or guys who are able to get 8cm in one surgery. I'm happy for them...I'm trying to be happy for others who are naturally tall or guys who achieve a good height in one surgery. But it's hard and sometimes makes me feel like I didn't work as hard or like I failed, in a way. It's hard to explain.

Recovery is happening for me, little by little. I'm able to go up and down stairs now without holding onto anything, doing leg workouts, I'm starting to look shredded again, my bubble butt is coming back (one girl who I slept with before and after LL said it's "about 65% back to what it was") lol...

The real sucky part about all this is that, as I attempt to move on in life (dating, career, getting back into kickass shape, etc)...I just know I'm not done here and I have to go through this sh*t again. I don't know if I have it in me to do tibias, which would be ideal. But I need to be at least 5'9"...that's a decent height, and I can lie and say "5'10" when I feel like it and mostly not get caught.

I'm going to be talking to a therapist to help cope until I do a second surgery. I imagine he will tell me to get off this site. It definitely doesn't help.

Uppland

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2015, 07:18:04 PM »

It's an important topic this, it would be quite dreadful to through all this pain only to find that nothing has changed. That said I think most people on here are relatively humble in their goals, actually I am probably one of the more greedy ones.

Here's another interesting question: if you had perfect proportions what would be the lowest height you'd be happy at?

My answer would be: 183-185CM as that would be comfortably average in Sweden. If I could grow 5-6CM naturally I'd forget about lengthening (though I admit I'd be tempted to do 3CM and be as tall as my dad).

Descreteuser

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2015, 07:58:45 PM »

Most of member here need CLL to continue life. But some here have height neurosis (like me)
I think that when i reach 185cm(average for Dinaric Alps 185.6 cm) i will not ever worry about height, and i will not compare my height with other people.
So i was wondering does after CLL your height neurosis have gone? Or after CLL you still comparing your height to other people?

to be honest being in serbia sucks for me.. because i feel shorter here at 185 than i use to back home at 181. because everyones so tall.. but it doesnt bother me cause this is only temporary being here. It depends what ur use to.. ill only know for sure once i get back to my hometown if its gone or not.. id say it will as il be 3inches taller than averge.. in serbia im in the 50th percentile at 185 lol.. when i was probably in 70 percentile back home at 181.. id say if ur use to being below average where u live and will become average than it will go.. but i cant say for sure..
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

Uppland

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2015, 09:41:41 PM »

Are the serbians really that tall?

If so that's even worse than Sweden.

Want More

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2015, 10:10:30 PM »

It's an important topic this, it would be quite dreadful to through all this pain only to find that nothing has changed. That said I think most people on here are relatively humble in their goals, actually I am probably one of the more greedy ones.

Here's another interesting question: if you had perfect proportions what would be the lowest height you'd be happy at?

My answer would be: 183-185CM as that would be comfortably average in Sweden. If I could grow 5-6CM naturally I'd forget about lengthening (though I admit I'd be tempted to do 3CM and be as tall as my dad).

And i feel like that I am probably one of the more greedy ones. I want to improve myself in every way,not just height. I am really good student,in high school was capitan of fotball and basketball team(even with this height),earning my own money,didn't have problem with girls,i have nice face,good body.But simply i was always obsessed with my height,that is only thing that really missing me.
I will not have problem with proportion becuse my wingspan is 189,i didn't mesure tibia and femur but my legs looking really short compared to upper body.I am about 180cm(181 morning) and i think that i will be happy with 185cm.

to be honest being in serbia sucks for me.. because i feel shorter here at 185 than i use to back home at 181. because everyones so tall.. but it doesnt bother me cause this is only temporary being here. It depends what ur use to.. ill only know for sure once i get back to my hometown if its gone or not.. id say it will as il be 3inches taller than averge.. in serbia im in the 50th percentile at 185 lol.. when i was probably in 70 percentile back home at 181.. id say if ur use to being below average where u live and will become average than it will go.. but i cant say for sure..

Yes,it's realy being sucks live there,when i come in nightclub i feel like shortest guy,i think that even 70% girls in high heels are taller than me.
Also it's sucks to live here becuse average salary here is about 400e,and it's almost impossible to save 10000-15000e for surgery.
I need only 5cm.

Want More

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2015, 10:24:11 PM »

Are the serbians really that tall?

If so that's even worse than Sweden.
Serbian's are very tall,with this height i am one of the  shortest guy on college,i was the shortest in my class. Average height
people from Dinaric Alps is 185,6 cm on wikipedia,but i think it's about 186-187(my opinion).
Which is average height in Sweden?
I need only 5cm.

Uppland

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2015, 10:49:25 PM »

Serbian's are very tall,with this height i am one of the  shortest guy on college,i was the shortest in my class. Average height
people from Dinaric Alps is 185,6 cm on wikipedia,but i think it's about 186-187(my opinion).
Which is average height in Sweden?

181 cm but yeah it feels like it's 184-185 way too often.

Want More

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2015, 01:50:48 PM »

181 cm but yeah it feels like it's 184-185 way too often.
Right now i don't have enough money,i will need about year to saved enoguh to have surgery with Mitkovic,so i scared that could lose so much money,waste almost whole year in bed,give up many things(vacation,new computer,don't go on party) and than after that everything stayes the same.
So today i take some old air max,that increase my height for about  3 cm,with them i feel much better,that is about 1.5more than average trainers,so for sure that increasing of 5cm will be good improvement.
I need only 5cm.

endomorphisme

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2015, 05:17:31 PM »

400 euros per year ?if I were you I would give up

Uppland

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 05:45:22 PM »

If you're educated you can get a great salary in Switzerland, Belgium or even Scandinavia.

Want More

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2015, 06:43:15 PM »

400 euros per year ?if I were you I would give up
Sorry,i mean 400e per month.
If you're educated you can get a great salary in Switzerland, Belgium or even Scandinavia.
Right now i am student,need 3 year to finish.
But also dr Mitkovic will retire for 3 years,so i must do it in next two years,bit i hope it will  do it next. :D
It's not just about money,i will also need to spent 2 years (1 for money,1 for recovery)
So i hope that some  LL veteran can say me does his life improve after LL?
I need only 5cm.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2015, 07:11:12 PM »

If you really want to do this try to move to another country, the wages in Swizerland are incredible, but the rest of europe should be fine as well.
Once you have a job in a western country, even internals shoudln't be a huge problem in terms of money I think.

Uppland

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2015, 08:25:11 PM »

Also Norway has crazy high wages, get a job at an oil platform. Though right now there isn't much demand for workers I'm afraid.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2015, 09:13:09 PM »

They're always hiring on fish processors in Alaska. Most places start at $8.75 Alaska minimum wage but once you hit 40 hrs you work overtime and get a little over $13 USD hourly. If you work offshore your food and room is free, and you work 16 hrs per day 7 days a week as long as fish are coming in, so you hit overtime on your 3rd day of the week in most cases. You could save a pretty penny if you work hard for a few seasons. I was able to pay off hefty credit card bills doing it.

Blackhawk

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2015, 09:27:32 PM »

They're always hiring on fish processors in Alaska. Most places start at $8.75 Alaska minimum wage but once you hit 40 hrs you work overtime and get a little over $13 USD hourly. If you work offshore your food and room is free, and you work 16 hrs per day 7 days a week as long as fish are coming in, so you hit overtime on your 3rd day of the week in most cases. You could save a pretty penny if you work hard for a few seasons. I was able to pay off hefty credit card bills doing it.

Working fish processors is rough.  I worked on fishing boats in AK, WA, and CA.  Also rough work but better money.

Descreteuser

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2015, 12:16:51 AM »

Sorry,i mean 400e per month.Right now i am student,need 3 year to finish.
But also dr Mitkovic will retire for 3 years,so i must do it in next two years,bit i hope it will  do it next. :D
It's not just about money,i will also need to spent 2 years (1 for money,1 for recovery)
So i hope that some  LL veteran can say me does his life improve after LL?

as soon as i leave serbia and travel a  bit i can tell u how big of an affect it has on me.. we are vertually the same starting height so it wll be like u kinda looking into the future..
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

microman

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2015, 12:18:54 AM »

price wise how do the serbian locals afford LL with mitkovic, as said above monthly wages in these countries is like 400e a month.

according to stats the minimum wage in serbia is 150e a month, so say you made 200e a month, surely paying 10,000e for the operation would be on par with paleys prices if you were in the US.

i guess this is a general question for all these countries like india , russia etc. i take it the operatoin is just very expensive to them as it is to us if we payed in a 1st world country.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up