Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Does height neurosis gone after LL?  (Read 45392 times)

YellowSpike

Re: Does height neurosis gone after LL?
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2015, 02:20:39 AM »

how do u know this microman?.. where are you pulling this from? you have no experience of being a man of that height so how on earth would you know.. i know people who are 5'8 and they get called short all the time... the reason you probably never experiecne a 5'8 man being called short is because when you are there at 5'5 than they are no longer the short guy.. i dont mean to be a bearer of bad news for those 5'8 and shorterbut its the truth.. from experience this is the level of discrimination you will get at certain heights.

6'0 - 6'2 - almost never be seen as short unless you are around a group of abnormally tall men, or a basketball team
5'10 - 5'11 - very occasionally, if you are from a tall family than can happen more than normal, out with a group of friends who are in the normal tall range of 6'0 to 6'2 you may be called short out of jealousy of other qualities you have, or just boys having generally harmless banter..
5'9 - occasionally be called short but normally just seen as very average
5'7-5'8 - pretty much always been seen as the short guy due to the fact that you are noticeably shorter than the average person, however not so short that people will reguraly comment on it
5'6 and below -  face extreme discrimination whether it be with women, socially out with friends etc.. can really effect how people treat you and respect you

These are the facts if you are living in any are with an average height of 177/8.. ive experienced people with all these heights first hand and its always the same..

I agree with this. This is spot on, and exactly why I'm doing a second round to get to 5'9". 5'9 to me is the start of average, very rare to get called short at this height, or rejected by girls on the basis of height alone. 5'8 is where short begins, but I'd say 5'7 and under is where it's REALLY bad.

Descreteuser

« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2015, 07:17:09 PM »

I agree with this. This is spot on, and exactly why I'm doing a second round to get to 5'9". 5'9 to me is the start of average, very rare to get called short at this height, or rejected by girls on the basis of height alone. 5'8 is where short begins, but I'd say 5'7 and under is where it's REALLY bad.

exactly.. youve experienced 5'8 now so you know what it feels like.. even tho youve improved drastically, youve experienced what 5'8 feels like in reality.. 5'9 will get you out of the 'short zone'
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

microman

« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2015, 07:28:25 PM »

both my orthopedic surgeons i visited were 5' 6 1/3"  and they said they never felt short once in their life.

why would their views be invalidated because someone else feels differently.

Descreteuser

« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2015, 10:50:25 PM »

both my orthopedic surgeons i visited were 5' 6 1/3"  and they said they never felt short once in their life.

why would their views be invalidated because someone else feels differently.

so because 2 random short surgeons deny that they have ever felt short,  this means 5'7 is magically not short all of sudden? lol

wingspan 180

microman

« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2015, 11:11:17 PM »

its the exact same principle that you are saying when you make your statements.

---
so when 1 random guy on a forum says 5 8 is short then its short then?

lol

----

i respect your opinion, i just disagree with it, you however disagree with me and dont respect my opinion.

why can't you grasp that many of the 20% of men in the room that are 5 7-5 8 don't feel short and are happy?

notice that i respect that you feel short or discriminated against at your height of 5 11, i disagree with it but if your mind truly believes that then i wont try to change that, i hope you can respect that some men dont feel short/discrimnated against at a height you consider to be a short or get discrimation.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 11:32:04 PM by microman »

6cm

• sad kek
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2015, 11:39:24 PM »

why can you grasp that the 20% of men in the room that are 5 7-5 8 don't feel short and are happy?

I can tell you that im 5.8 barefoot and i wear nike airmax and when im in LA i feel short when i go in a shop, supermarket, etc.
i think that i would have to be at least 5.10 to feel normal here because i dont see many 5.9 dudes. I mean most guys are 5.10 thats really the average.
( i feel short compared to white people and im white, but with mexicans and asians i dont feel so short)

in italy ( my country of origin ) i felt short even when i was living there. Not as bad as LA because most guys are 5.9 there. If i reach 180cm, a weak 5.11, i would be at the beginning of tall.

it doesnt mean that if you are 5.7 you cant have a decent life, yesterday i saw a dude at ralphs (5.7) that was shorter than me and was with a hot girl (5.4  5.5 ) i think that when you are 5,7 or 5,8 you will get labelled as short but you wont get the discrimination that people get when they are under those heights.
6cm paley in the future

microman

« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2015, 12:00:33 AM »

I can tell you that im 5.8 barefoot and i wear nike airmax and when im in LA i feel short when i go in a shop, supermarket, etc.
i think that i would have to be at least 5.10 to feel normal here because i dont see many 5.9 dudes. I mean most guys are 5.10 thats really the average.

i find it odd that you feel short 4cm below the male average but if that's how you feel then that's how you feel.

not sure on the feeling normal at 5 10 comment, but again, if you need to be taller than half the men in the room to feel normal then go for it.

it doesnt mean that if you are 5.7 you cant have a decent life, yesterday i saw a dude at ralphs (5.7) that was shorter than me and was with a hot girl (5.4  5.5 )

well there you go then, someone 4cm shorter than you, happy with his height, not spending $30,000 to cripple himself for 8+ months to make himself taller, just like 99.99999% of the population that dont do LL, if he can accept his height, you can to.

but if you can't, and need to be 5 10, i still respect that, although i personally feel normal at 5 7-8 and don't feel the need to be 5 10.

Descreteuser

« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2015, 12:02:16 AM »

( i feel short compared to white people and im white, but with mexicans and asians i dont feel so short)

in italy ( my country of origin ) i felt short even when i was living there. Not as bad as LA because most guys are 5.9 there. If i reach 180cm, a weak 5.11, i would be at the beginning of tall.

it doesnt mean that if you are 5.7 you cant have a decent life, yesterday i saw a dude at ralphs (5.7) that was shorter than me and was with a hot girl (5.4  5.5 ) i think that when you are 5,7 or 5,8 you will get labelled as short but you wont get the discrimination that people get when they are under those heights.

agree with this 100%

wingspan 180

YellowSpike

« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2015, 12:21:44 AM »

Agreed on all fronts. I am 5'8" barefoot at night, and the only time I feel close to average is when I wear my Nike Airmax. In other words, at 5'8" (or just below average), another inch or two makes a big difference. I feel like a lot of guys I pass on a daily basis just barely edge me out (they're in the 5'9-5'10 range). I'm sure at 5'9" I'd still feel short a good amount of the time, but to me, that last inch is crucial. I'd love to be 5'10", but I think I can live with 5'9". I'd be 5'10 ish in most regular shoes, and over that with sneakers (like Nike Airmax).

Descreteuser

« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2015, 12:30:23 AM »

its the exact same principle that you are saying when you make your statements.

---
so when 1 random guy on a forum says 5 8 is short then its short then?

lol

----

i respect your opinion, i just disagree with it, you however disagree with me and dont respect my opinion.

why can't you grasp that many of the 20% of men in the room that are 5 7-5 8 don't feel short and are happy?

notice that i respect that you feel short or discriminated against at your height of 5 11, i disagree with it but if your mind truly believes that then i wont try to change that, i hope you can respect that some men dont feel short/discrimnated against at a height you consider to be a short or get discrimation.

im not saying anything about how people feel, if someones happy at 5'7 then thats great, but its still short.. you're completely missing the point of the whole argument.. my argument is saying that 5'7 is labelled short, you're now saying that some people will be happy with their height at 5'7 which doesnt mean that it isnt short.. every single person i know that is 5'7 and has a good social life, with a big group of friends, is always labelled the short guy, so to say that 5'7 isnt short is completely false..

wingspan 180

microman

« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2015, 12:49:47 AM »

didn't you say you've been labbeled 'short' plenty of times at 5' 11 1/4"?

i also know plenty of guys who are 5 7, none are ever called short, usually it's guys about 5 5, for example if you name is john and you are 5 5 people may call you 'little john', but i have never heard anyone say anything short related to a 5 7 man.

Descreteuser

« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2015, 01:05:19 AM »

didn't you say you've been labbeled 'short' plenty of times at 5' 11 1/4"?

i also know plenty of guys who are 5 7, none are ever called short, usually it's guys about 5 5, for example if you name is john and you are 5 5 people may call you 'little john', but i have never heard anyone say anything short related to a 5 7 man.

yes i have been called short plenty of times at my original height, but thats aLL Forumrom certain perspectives.. but it doesnt mean its short.. which is my point... just because someone says or feels a certain height is short or not short doesnt mean it is/isnt.. the facts are facts, 5'5 is very short, 5'7 is short, 5'9,5'10 is average, 5'11 above average 6'0-6'1 average tall 6'2/6'3 tall 6'4+ very tall.. it doesnt matter what your or my opinion on a certain height is, you cant escape the facts, and they are the facts.. but if you feel 5'7 is not short than good for you, all im saying is it isnt, thats not just my opinion thats the truth..

wingspan 180

microman

« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2015, 01:23:29 AM »

where are you getting these 'facts' from, i can link 2 articals that say 5 7 is not short and 5 6 is within normal boundries

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2080771/Would-spend-34-000-3-INCHES-taller-Thomas-Keeper-thigh-bone-sawn-half-spent-months-hobbling-frame.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2105995/The-agonising-expensive-leg-lengthening-proceedure-surgery-patient-SIX-INCHES-taller.html

also the short and male documentary had mainly 5 4 men, not one 5 7 man was on there, and there are two other documentaries about being short and only featured men 5 5 and under.

overal it's debatable whether short is 5 7 and under or 5 6 and under, i tend to think the latter, based on articals and observations.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 01:57:34 AM by microman »

6cm

• sad kek
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2015, 02:02:29 AM »

6cm paley in the future

Descreteuser

« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2015, 02:07:28 AM »

where are you getting these 'facts' from, i can link 2 articals that say 5 7 is not short and 5 6 is within normal boundries

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2080771/Would-spend-34-000-3-INCHES-taller-Thomas-Keeper-thigh-bone-sawn-half-spent-months-hobbling-frame.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2105995/The-agonising-expensive-leg-lengthening-proceedure-surgery-patient-SIX-INCHES-taller.html

also the short and male documentary had mainly 5 4 men, not one 5 7 man was on there, and there are two other documentaries about being short and only featured men 5 5 and under.

overal it's debatable whether short is 5 7 and under or 5 6 and under, i tend to think the latter, based on articals and observations.

microman.. it shows you dont have a very good social life.. if you had a normal social life and were around lots of people, and had lots of friends, u would know 5'7 is short.. your problem is you have no experience in the real world.. youre in a fantasy land and only live from behind your computer.. its obvious when meeting you in person, you dont have the social skills or the experience of being in social environments often enough to even be one to discuss this topic accurately .. you are finding any way to believe that 5'7 isnt short.. your not kidding anyone but yourself.. just give up with trying to argue with me that 5'7 isnt short, because in the real world it is.. not some fantasy land that you are living in..

wingspan 180

YellowSpike

« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2015, 02:22:12 AM »

lol Descreteuser...love ya to death, and I agree with you 100% (even though you're kinda a jerk :) )

I think it goes like this:

5'6" and below - life sucks. You're very short.
5'7" - still quite short, but somewhat passable.
5'8" - high short. But still short. Mediocre at best.
5'9" - low end of average. You mostly blend in, but very dependent on who's around.
5'10" - dead on average.
5'11" - high average. You might get called "tall" sometimes by short girls (you can claim 6ft easily).
6' - 6'1" - low tall
6'2" - tall. A great height.
6'3" - 6'4" - very tall. Amazing height if you can fill your frame.
6'5"+ - too tall

Descreteuser

« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2015, 02:26:39 AM »

lol Descreteuser...love ya to death, and I agree with you 100% (even though you're kinda a jerk :) )

I think it goes like this:

5'6" and below - life sucks. You're very short.
5'7" - still quite short, but somewhat passable.
5'8" - high short. But still short.
5'9" - low end of average. You mostly blend in, but very dependent on who's around.
5'10" - dead on average.
5'11" - high average. You might get called "tall" sometimes by short girls (you can claim 6ft easily).
6' - 6'1" - low tall
6'2" - tall. A great height.
6'3 - 6'4 - very tall. Great if you can fill your frame.
6'5+ - too tall

haha yeah sometimes you have to be a jerk for some of these deluded people to understand how stupid they sound..

wingspan 180

Alu

« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2015, 02:31:47 AM »

Dude, Descreteuser chill out. The biggest issue right now is you tone and how it's coming off. I'm not gonna argue that 5'7 isn't short; in the same manner that 6'0 is short next to 6'5. It's all relative man. Most of us here at the forum want to escape the fate of being "short" but that's somewhat, also relative to our starting height. So when a person bellow event he 5'7 mark get's told that even that is short, even if he were to reach it, it strikes subtle nerve. I wouldn't call it a disillusionment, because if we did then the same could have been applied at your own case lets face it.

The last point I want to make is that, as I said, since this forum is built upon the pretext that we want to escape shortness, one must realize the relative and sensitive nature of this. There is a very toxic tone to that word "short" in this forum. Focusing on what society considering short is incredibly toxic, it can make you think dark hopeless things. So please we can be realistic about it, but don't be jerks in context as to how you use that word. 

Descreteuser

« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2015, 03:09:07 AM »

Dude, Descreteuser chill out. The biggest issue right now is you tone and how it's coming off. I'm not gonna argue that 5'7 isn't short; in the same manner that 6'0 is short next to 6'5. It's all relative man. Most of us here at the forum want to escape the fate of being "short" but that's somewhat, also relative to our starting height. So when a person bellow event he 5'7 mark get's told that even that is short, even if he were to reach it, it strikes subtle nerve. I wouldn't call it a disillusionment, because if we did then the same could have been applied at your own case lets face it.

The last point I want to make is that, as I said, since this forum is built upon the pretext that we want to escape shortness, one must realize the relative and sensitive nature of this. There is a very toxic tone to that word "short" in this forum. Focusing on what society considering short is incredibly toxic, it can make you think dark hopeless things. So please we can be realistic about it, but don't be jerks in context as to how you use that word.

people dont want to believe it is short.. but its just the truth.. theres no point trying to convince ourselves that it isnt short.. no point lying to ourselves.. sometimes the truth hurts, but thats reality.. everyone will benefit from limb lengthening, 5'7 is much better than 5'5 but stilldoesnt hide the fact that its short..

wingspan 180

LL in 2018

• Visitor
« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2015, 03:20:22 AM »

After LL if height neurosis go than that's great. But if it doesn't go than atleast you will feel you have tried everything.

Descreteuser

« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2015, 03:36:24 AM »

After LL if height neurosis go than that's great. But if it doesn't go than atleast you will feel you have tried everything.

best way to think of it is,, you are the best you can possibly be.. no one else youll ever meet would have been able to improve what you have improved if you did limb lengthening..

wingspan 180

Thatdude950

« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2015, 04:34:23 AM »

There's no objective cut off, it's all relative. There's plenty of places in the world where 5'7 isn't short, and plenty of places where it is. How many of you are white? Why aren't you guys cashing in on your western privilege card before chopping up your legs? 5'7 and white works fine in the middle east and asia. if you're fit and have money, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

G-Man

« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2015, 05:10:23 AM »

Middle east? lol sounds like a good plan, let us whities go to Syria and Iraq and be the fish in the barrel.

Thatdude950

« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2015, 05:17:41 AM »

Erm ... Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, Dubai, Iran, Turkey ... all great places with attractive women.

Alu

« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2015, 05:19:26 AM »

Ehh I'd rather stick to America lol. But yeah 5'7 is a point where you're not gonna be "discriminated."

G-Man

« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2015, 05:28:04 AM »

yep, 5'7"or 5'11" doesn't matter, you're still gonna end up in jail if you kiss a girl in public, no discrimination!

microman

« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2015, 05:40:41 AM »

plenty good social life over here, know lots of guys 5 7, not one of them considered short, its not a topic of conversation that comes up once with them.

different group of people i guess.

only people 5 5 have i seen with height issues, 5 6 is like a half way point really, i know about 6 guys exactly 5 6 and they are never called short.

thats a fact, for me, probably the same for the orthopedic surgeons i visited before LL, they weren't even 5 7, more 5 6.5, they said they were never called short and 'knew lots of guys this heigth and it isn't short'.

Descreteuser

« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2015, 04:38:44 AM »

plenty good social life over here, know lots of guys 5 7, not one of them considered short, its not a topic of conversation that comes up once with them.

different group of people i guess.

only people 5 5 have i seen with height issues, 5 6 is like a half way point really, i know about 6 guys exactly 5 6 and they are never called short.

thats a fact, for me, probably the same for the orthopedic surgeons i visited before LL, they weren't even 5 7, more 5 6.5, they said they were never called short and 'knew lots of guys this heigth and it isn't short'.

micorman .. you need to getout in the real world.. than u will agree with me

wingspan 180

microman

« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2015, 05:22:07 AM »

have done and 100% disagree.

here is a scientific definition of short.

More recently, LL has been used to give people with Constitutional Short Stature two or three extra inches of height. The term Constitutional Short Stature refers to people who are in the bottom fifth percentile of height in their region and do not display any deformities common with dwarfism.
– short support

and yeah that would be under 5 6.

Penguinn

« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2015, 05:24:19 AM »

You can't possibly suggest moving to another country to get laid more often. That's way too far.

Thatdude950

« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2015, 05:47:44 AM »

You can't possibly suggest moving to another country to get laid more often. That's way too far.

spending 10's of thousands, breaking your legs and being crippled for a year .... or years ... or even life is fine but jumping on a plane is too far. got it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up