Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BETZ SURGERY - 28. July 2020 (female)  (Read 2189 times)

dreamingcloud

• Visitor
BETZ SURGERY - 28. July 2020 (female)
« on: July 24, 2020, 08:13:31 PM »

Wanted to share my experience. I had my consult today and am going into surgery with BETZ 07/28/2020

Current height: 159 cm
Goal: +8 to +10 cm (fermur)
Potentially doing Tibia at a later stage. Tbc

So far, Dr. Betz spent about 4 hours with me today. The entire team is SUPER nice, spent a lot of time and answered all my questions. I feel like I am in really good hands. Excited and nervous at the same time. Will update.

dreamingcloud

• Visitor
Re: BETZ SURGERY - 28. JULY 2020 (female)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 08:14:25 PM »

Sorry I meant 07/28/2020 - wrong month!

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
Re: BETZ SURGERY - 28. July 2020 (female)
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 08:37:49 PM »

Good luck on your journey. One thing I'll say is Betzbone although are said to be weight bearing, they are weight bearing but there are some cases where it can't handle large amounts of stress. Go easy on the weight bearing with this type of nail. Especially since youre a female and your bones are definitely more brittle. Don't overdo yourself and pretend this is stryde and you should have a good time.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Tomhard

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 08:43:07 PM »

I’m weightbearing with the 11mm BetzBone the whole
time and everything is fine. You can walk carefully, just dont fall and you should not worry about anything.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 08:50:22 PM »

That's my point, walk carefully and go easy. Especially for a nail with a reputation of breaking and malfunctioning. Need to ensure anyone who uses this nail that this nail isn't exactly perfect and caution is definitely needed.

User requested self-ban.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 09:06:06 PM »

Hello!

Going over 8cm on femurs is not a great idea.
You are currently 159cm and you have intentions of having a second surgery also on tibias.

Trust me, 8+5 would satisfy the crap out of you FOREVER. Don't do 10cm on femurs. I don't even recommend doing 8cms, my max limit is 7cm.
But if you want to hit the max, go 8cm on femurs and 5 cm on tibias = 13cm

And you'd be 172cms. The perfect height for a woman lmao.

Best Regards, don't bee greedy!
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

hanshi

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 09:43:18 PM »

Wanted to share my experience. I had my consult today and am going into surgery with BETZ 07/28/2020

So far, Dr. Betz spent about 4 hours with me today. The entire team is SUPER nice, spent a lot of time and answered all my questions. I feel like I am in really good hands. Excited and nervous at the same time. Will update.
Of course they are nice before the surgery. They won't be so nice if something bad happens afterwards.
There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.
I can help with lots of information on how to go about this.

more

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 04:18:44 PM »

Why  Dr.Betz ...??
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 05:37:42 PM by more »

Bala

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 08:18:05 PM »

Of course they are nice before the surgery. They won't be so nice if something bad happens afterwards.

Exactly! I remember the guy who had complications and disappeared also spoke in glowing terms of Betz and his staff. Betz even gave him a ride in his sportscar on the Autobahn.

He saw a different side of Betz when complications arose. Please don't exceed 6.5cm if you are really sure that you would go for tibias

Polvorón

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2020, 02:39:25 AM »

Please, don't use patient experience threads to discuss about doctors or nails.

Let the user tell his/her experience. :)
Note: at this moment I'm only a "pretender", I want to know more about this interesting procedure. Hopping to become 185 cm (6'1'') from 174 cm (5'8 ½''), but it is too expensive.
My sitting height is 92½ - 94 cm (36''½ 37''), my length of legs is 81 cm (32'') and my armspan is 180 cm (70'' 7/8).

Tomhard

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2020, 11:36:12 AM »

Please, don't use patient experience threads to discuss about doctors or nails.

Let the user tell his/her experience. :)

Yes there are tons of Betz patients who dont even use this forum  or share their experience including me so dont let people using this forum fool you. Theyve all done a successful lenghtening.
Im not here to defend Betz but reading all those false comments on him without having done surgery with makes this forum so bad.
No doubt hes one of the best Surgeons for this Process

ididUrMIM

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2020, 11:04:14 AM »

Just do 6cm and be done with it, LL is idiotic for women as it is, don’t ruin your life and paralyse yourself.

Polvorón

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2020, 03:30:33 PM »

Just do 6cm and be done with it, LL is idiotic for women as it is, don’t ruin your life and paralyse yourself.
She wants to do it and she doesn't need to know your opinion about it.

Also, It would useful for her if you don't try to scare her with stupid exaggerations about this surgery. Maybe 10 cm is too much, I don't know, but most of people is happy when finish the procedure:
https://online.boneandjoint.org.uk/doi/full/10.1302/2046-3758.97.BJR-2019-0379.R1
In conclusion, cosmetic stature lengthening provides favourable height gain, patient satisfaction, and functional outcomes, with a low rate of major complications. However, clear indications, contraindications, and guidelines for cosmetic stature lengthening are required.

People who do CLL need support and help, not lies to scare them.
And being woman don't mean that you don't want to be taller. They could be interested in CLL too.
Note: at this moment I'm only a "pretender", I want to know more about this interesting procedure. Hopping to become 185 cm (6'1'') from 174 cm (5'8 ½''), but it is too expensive.
My sitting height is 92½ - 94 cm (36''½ 37''), my length of legs is 81 cm (32'') and my armspan is 180 cm (70'' 7/8).

ididUrMIM

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2020, 07:29:05 PM »

She wants to do it and she doesn't need to know your opinion about it.

Also, It would useful for her if you don't try to scare her with stupid exaggerations about this surgery. Maybe 10 cm is too much, I don't know, but most of people is happy when finish the procedure:
https://online.boneandjoint.org.uk/doi/full/10.1302/2046-3758.97.BJR-2019-0379.R1
People who do CLL need support and help, not lies to scare them.
And being woman don't mean that you don't want to be taller. They could be interested in CLL too.

Considering she is even on the forums at all, means that she does actually care about our opinion. A girl who is practically 160cm wanting to do 10cm let alone in one segment, screams stupidity. There are dreams and then there is something called reality and in the real world, so stop by encouraging her and maybe help her understand that her goals are unrealistic.

Polvorón

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2020, 11:09:36 PM »

Considering she is even on the forums at all, means that she does actually care about our opinion. A girl who is practically 160cm wanting to do 10cm let alone in one segment, screams stupidity. There are dreams and then there is something called reality and in the real world, so stop by encouraging her and maybe help her understand that her goals are unrealistic.
It's her body, not yours.
I know that 10 cm in a single bone is too much, but we don't know the details of her plan, maybe she will stop if she find too many difficulties to lengthen 10 cm, but if not... where is the problem? She knows her body better than us.

ididUrMIM

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2020, 11:34:03 PM »

It's her body, not yours.
I know that 10 cm in a single bone is too much, but we don't know the details of her plan, maybe she will stop if she find too many difficulties to lengthen 10 cm, but if not... where is the problem? She knows her body better than us.

If someone wishes to jump off a cliff that does not mean we allow them to do so. At desperate times people tend to make idiotic decisions, somebody has to provide them with a reality check. A girl at 160cm does not need to lengthen 10cm. I would understand if it was something like 5cm but even that is absurd as females who are 160cm are desired and not look down on. Stop arguing against my point simply to argue. We all know from many diaries that females also have a harder time coping with LL and if they were to ask any reputable surgeon to operate on them, the first thing they would say is to reconsider. At the end of the day she can do what she wants for all I care but she will literally see zero benefit from this surgery as females don’t really have any advantage with superior height, unless they want to become models but even at 170cm she would still need that extra 5cm for modelling, just as an example.

Tomhard

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2020, 01:00:01 AM »

I totally agree with you Mrmcall.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2020, 01:10:08 AM »

Personally I think 165cm after 6cm lengthening is a very good height for a female and the risks to get to 169 don't outweigh the benefits.

But I understand however that every person has their own situation. An outsider looking at us potential LLers will call even us men crazy for wanting any height at all. It'll be incredibly hard to explain to the outside world how we feel about our height and why we are willing to cut our legs to be taller. Same applies to this Betz female patient. She probably can try to explain her own story and motivation but we are prejudice and won't be able see her own side of the story, just like normal people can't see us men's side of the story.

I think ultimately it is up to her to decide what's the right choice. Remember for regular society even 1cm of lengthening is considered batshiet crazy. She might live in a country where even 167cm is below average for females. Again, we don't know her story, and she may suffer from height neurosis even worse than any male suffers. We just don't know her side.

I will proceed by advising to be more conservative, as we have seen with unicorn, another female, that women break their bones way easier because of lower bone density so less is ultimately more and women grow bone slower than men as well. These are things to take into consideration before going for high cm like 8cm or 10cm.

I recommend 7cm max, but this needs to be thought out hard and all factors must be considered, and there is some good advice in this thread. But it is ultimately up to the Betz patient herself.

User requested self-ban.

wyrmhero

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2020, 02:00:33 AM »

I’m in no position to say what I’m going to say. Because I consider this operation while I have a very correct size (183cm).
But i'm agree with mrmccall.
160 cm for a woman is a good size. I don’t think women that size are discriminated. In fact, it’s not even an opinion, it’s a fact. It’s a normal size. (Megan Fox 1m63, Jennifer Anniston 1m64, Emilia Clark 1m57 ...)
Attention. I did not say that she should not do it. But 10 cm on the femur alone for someone who is 1m60 is a bit dangerous.
6cm is a good goal.
As I said I myself considering this surgical operation while I have a good size so I can’t blame her.

Iron_Man

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2020, 02:44:52 AM »

I think for women, in terms of proportions and aesthetics, it is better to lengthen tibias first. I have seen many photos of women who have lengthened their tibias by 5-6 cm, and it always looked good. If that's not enough, it's never too late to lengthen your femurs.
But in any case I wish you good luck and a quick recovery!

dreamingcloud

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2020, 12:28:33 PM »

Hi everyone,

I intended to share my experience here because prior experiences have helped me a lot in my preparation to do this surgery. I am not asking for advice or opinions on whether Dr. Betz is the right or wrong surgeon. I am also not trying to convince anyone else to do the surgery or not, to go with Dr. Betz or someone else. When I did my research, Dr. Betz turned out to be the obvious choice for me. But everyone should do their own research and form their own opinions.

My surgery went really well, and my experience so far has been excellent, with Dr. Betz and the team here. I continue to feel that I am in great hands and am excited that science allows me to do something that seems crazy and amazing at the same time. This experience is not for the faint-hearted, but if you are determined and strong, this is an incredible choice to have.

After my initial post and the many opinions shared thereafter, I decided to stop sharing my experience in this forum. I think negativity and non-science dominates this forum/the responses I have received. It defeats my purpose of doing something helpful for others.

I wish everyone good luck who decides to do this.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2020, 12:46:53 PM »

I'm sorry alot of the people really don't think height neurosis can exist for females above a certain height. It's obvious literally anyone in any situation and any gender can suffer due to their height and wanting to get this surgery is a personal and reasonable choice no matter how tall you are.
(There is one great user named HobbesTheDog who changed my mind on this topic, mentioning how short females are shorter than literally everyone and the inferiority complex is therefore even worse and increased. It is an eye opening point of view)

If you want to leave, that's fair because you didn't deserve to be treated this way. But for the future LL prospectors and more importantly female potential patients, your diary would be crucial information. We don't have alot of female diaries here. I urge you to stick with us and ignore the toxic noise.

Glad your surgery went well. You'll be getting taller and gaining confidence soon. Congratulations.

User requested self-ban.

wyrmhero

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2020, 04:48:12 PM »

@dreamingcloud It's a pity. I’d like you to stay. Don’t pay attention to the few negative comments. Think of the testimonies that led you to do your surgery. Yours will be important to others.

ididUrMIM

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2020, 08:03:08 PM »

@dreamingcloud It's a pity. I’d like you to stay. Don’t pay attention to the few negative comments. Think of the testimonies that led you to do your surgery. Yours will be important to others.

None of the comments above including mine are in any way negative.
First of all, the only thing I commented was an opinion on why women who already have an ideal height do not need to undergo a surgery so difficult as this one and two, no one was being rude to her in any way, in fact, we were only reassuring her that she already has a very decent height which was compared by another commenter to famous actors who are regarded as one of the most beautiful in all regards.

We are so familiar with this surgery that we might sometimes be forgetting exactly how difficult it is, last thing we need to do is encourage someone who does not actually need LL to get it done just so we can all sit back behind our computers and observe the results.

Polvorón

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2020, 01:05:18 AM »

She wants to be taller.
Accepting something that you don't want is also very difficult and it hurts lots of times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up