Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Its Time To Get Taller! KrP1 Diary | Bilateral Femurs | Dr Monegal  (Read 56055 times)

KrP1

Re: Its Time To Get Taller! KrP1 Diary | Bilateral Femurs | Dr Monegal
« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2016, 08:23:31 AM »

Hi KrP1
I am glad you are progressing.
If I may ask, how much time it took you from the start of walking to the point of walking normally?
Also, did you improve your walking following a certain routine /exercise?

Around 2 months after start walking unaided.
The routine was doing eliptica. Walk. And stretch

helloworld

« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2017, 02:30:08 PM »

Update

I continued my lengthening. The gap finally shows an increase of 7.8 and 7.6cm. You have to discount the magnification of the xrays . It is supposed to be around 7%.
I have very good callus formation and In my opinion if your bone is hard the fitbone has difficulties to lengthen and maybe it will not get the full 1mm per day. I dont really know if this is the way it is in reality but is my personal opinion so i can be wrong. I say this  because finally i had to do more lengthening than the gained amount.
Im 172cm  from my measurements when i wake up inmediately from bed. So my gained height is something between 6.5 and 7cm.
Im in the consolidation phase and 4months and ten days post op.
I have been walking unaided for around 10 days know.
My walking is improving but it is not normal yet.  It is slowly than it was before surgey because i have muscle tension but i think that its good for a little more than 4 months post op with the amount i lengthened.
Im working hard in my recovery stretching 4 times per day ,doing elliptica and some exercises to get more strenght.

Cheers KrP1

KrP1
Hope you are doing great!
Above you mentioned that gap was less than it should be according to clicks, right?
I am asking because this is what happend to me and 3 other patients undergoing lengthening at the same time.
It is no problem, but it is something everyone should be aware of!

It seems to us, that the more bone formation we have the bigger the difference. For example, at the beginning x-rays matched what I had calculated by the clicks. But lately the gap has become larger. Now I am at 6,3 cm according to clicks and according to x-rays only 5 cm.
Can you confirm something similar?
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

KrP1

« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2017, 02:45:24 PM »

I lengthened At 0.8mm then It happened what you have Said. At this.rate if you had good Bone formation you Will preconsolidate at around 6cm. if you are turning at less than 0.8 It could happen earlier.
My advice IS to lengthen in doctor Mode (seems to have more potencie) because in my experience It helped me to obtain some mm more and a Big amount. Like 1.5 per day for some days. measure your gap or height to see if you are growing or its too late. In my opinion when the Bone IS getting harder you lengthen less than what you think. So 0.8 could be much less. Speed up your lengthening now if you want to continúe lengthening. Thats My advice.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:35:32 PM by KrP1 »

« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2017, 02:50:47 PM »

I lengthened At 0.8mm then It happened what you have Said. At this.rate if you had good Bone formation you Will preconsolidate at around 6cm. if you are turning at less than 0.8 It could happen earlier.
My advice IS to lengthen in doctor Mode because in my experience It helped me obtain some mm more and a Big amount. Like 1.5mm pero day for some days. measure your gap or height to see if you are growing or its too late. In my opinion when the Bone IS getting harder you lengthen less than what you think. So 0.8 could be much less. Speed your lengthening now if you want to continúe lengthening. Thats My advice.

1.5MM seems excessive for soft tissue. I'd prefer to reach 6CM at 0.8 per day, optimally slightly slower than to sacrifice soft tissue health and elasticity for extra gain. A second osteotomy would be preferential to over lengthening - soft tissue damage isn't reversible.

KrP1

« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2017, 02:56:53 PM »

1.5MM seems excessive for soft tissue. I'd prefer to reach 6CM at 0.8 per day, optimally slightly slower than to sacrifice soft tissue health and elasticity for extra gain. A second osteotomy would be preferential to over lengthening - soft tissue damage isn't reversible.

I think that when this happen you dont obtain the full 1.5mm. you Will know It because you arent going to have the same pain as what you are expecting to have if you are really doing 1.5. obiously if you start to be in much pain slow It again.

helloworld

« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2017, 06:27:05 PM »

Great! Thanks for fast reply! I apreciate it!

I tend to agree with 682, I am also afraid of more than 3 clicks session per day.
So I have lengthened slowly, 5 cm over 3,5 months. But every time I was close to consolidation and the screws would not longer turn, I would switch to doctor mode and break the resistance, just as you described!
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

onemorefoot

« Reply #130 on: April 10, 2017, 03:52:01 AM »

Were you 165 cm in the morning or afternno? Before ll
Budget will determine my future.

KrP1

« Reply #131 on: June 03, 2017, 11:32:09 AM »

Were you 165 cm in the morning or afternno? Before ll

i was 165 in the morning , i was really a shorty  ;D

c

« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2018, 05:55:06 PM »

Hi, my friend, how are you?

a

• 5'9
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2020, 05:23:56 PM »

Hello,

I've just read your diary and it sounds awesome.
How are you so far? Are you able to run, and do anything you could before LL with no discomfort at all?

Best Regards
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

KrP1

« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2020, 06:18:20 PM »

Hello,

I've just read your diary and it sounds awesome.
How are you so far? Are you able to run, and do anything you could before LL with no discomfort at all?

Best Regards

Hi. Yes .  I can run fast, jump and do everything. I only feel some disconfort in the knees if i kneel like doing squats or lunges in the gym. But it´s only that, discomfort. So im very happy with the outcome.
Regarding to height, i feel much better than before, but im still in the short side so im not happy at all. Maybe some day i would do tibias too...

a

• 5'9
« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2020, 06:41:07 PM »

Thanks for the answer! I'm pretty sure you already knew how much it would mean to me!

On a scale of 10, how good do you think your athlethic agility is according to your pre-op lvl?

So, the only thing changed in your body is that now you have longer femurs, is that all? Are you able to balance very well?

Best Regards!

a

• 5'9
« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2020, 06:46:12 PM »

And sorry, forgot to ask,

Don't misunderstand me please, I really do respect you and I'm so damn glad for you. You did your best to achieve your dream. You are a brave person.
That is being said, may I ask why do you still use the forums? Considering tibia and trying to get more info etc.?

Best Regards, again

Movie

« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2020, 09:32:44 PM »

Hi. Yes .  I can run fast, jump and do everything. I only feel some disconfort in the knees if i kneel like doing squats or lunges in the gym. But it´s only that, discomfort. So im very happy with the outcome.
Regarding to height, i feel much better than before, but im still in the short side so im not happy at all. Maybe some day i would do tibias too...

that's awesome bro there's not many 5 year post op veterans around anymore, did you remove the nails?
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

KrP1

« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2020, 07:27:53 PM »

that's awesome bro there's not many 5 year post op veterans around anymore, did you remove the nails?

Yes. Dr Monegal removed the nails. The recovery was very fast. I was walking like in a week.

KrP1

« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2020, 07:34:51 PM »

Thanks for the answer! I'm pretty sure you already knew how much it would mean to me!

On a scale of 10, how good do you think your athlethic agility is according to your pre-op lvl?

So, the only thing changed in your body is that now you have longer femurs, is that all? Are you able to balance very well?

Best Regards!

My athletic agility is less than before the surgery, but its something that you could notice only when very demanding sports like football or basket. if it was 10 before, now its maybe 7. I dont notice it in my daily life as i dont usually do that kind of sports.

KrP1

« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2020, 07:38:27 PM »

And sorry, forgot to ask,

Don't misunderstand me please, I really do respect you and I'm so damn glad for you. You did your best to achieve your dream. You are a brave person.
That is being said, may I ask why do you still use the forums? Considering tibia and trying to get more info etc.?

Best Regards, again

As i said in the other post, im still a short person. So sometimes i look the forum to see if there is new info.
Another thing is that i like to help other people by sharing my experience.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up