Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you all think is the "sane" maximum starting height for LL?  (Read 11684 times)

Taller

Today I had the pleasure of reading the following statement from Sweden:

There is only one tip a guy needs to date a lot of women - be tall. (Sure, don't be retarded either..

This, combined with the fact that the largest group of people to respond to a recently posted height poll were 171 CM and above (average or even above average in most places), led me to really wonder about the social benefits and sensibility of cosmetic LL for those going from average or slightly bellow/above average height to tall. Is it worth it?

Is there a maximum reasonable starting height for those seeking to go through LL for the sole purpose of gaining height (not to improve proportions, that's something else entirely)?

I'd love to hear your views.

Claude

Re: What do you all think is the "sane" maximum starting height for LL?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 08:22:55 PM »

Sorry i misread the question.
Max height for me is around 173 cm.
But i say there is no real sane height its just in our mind.

By the way did you guys see Apo's thread about a woman suing him ?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:41:32 PM by Claude »

jerry

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 08:34:32 PM »

Max "sane" starting height is 6ft if they are in countries of Denmark, Netherland, USA etc.   If somebody was 6ft2,  why do they need to do LL.?  That's my view.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 08:37:57 PM »

I don't look at it in terms of a strict number, but this is my view on the subject.

Those who are short have a much greater benefit doing cosmetic lengthening than those who are average height. Short people doing lengthening to become average height or at least less short than they were originally have not only a psychological benefit of doing the procedure, but also a benefit in escaping the discrimination that many short men face. For them, there's a good deal of worth in risking the many potential complications of the lengthening procedure. At the same time, those who are of average height doing cosmetic lengthening to get the benefits of being tall aren't escaping the same social discrimination, rather they're just potentially getting the added social benefit of being a tall person. In that case, I see it as too much risk for such little payoff.

My perspective is probably biased coming from the former category, but when I see people who are average height wanting to get lengthening so they can be one of the privileged tallers, I can't help but think they may have a bit of an ego problem and would do better getting therapy than potentially crippling themselves through cosmetic lengthening.

Also when I'm saying 'short' and 'tall' I'm talking about what's considered short or tall in the person's country of origin, because a person who is short in the Netherlands could be considered tall in many places around the world, like Asia or Central and South America.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:47:29 PM by Kilokahn »
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Taller

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 08:38:11 PM »

Max "sane" starting height is 6ft if they are in countries of Denmark, Netherland, USA etc.   If somebody was 6ft2,  why do they need to do LL.?  That's my view.

Interesting comment, Jerry. But what about, say, someone 6'2 in the United States wanting to be 6'4? What are your thoughts on that? I'm nowhere near that height, but sometimes I am scared that taller people will begin getting LL too once it becomes better known, which is, of course inevitable. What are other people's views on someone naturally 5'11, 6'0, and 6'1 getting LL?

Sweden

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 09:02:29 PM »

If you're 6'2 and want LL you are insane.

"Tall" from old forum  did his tibias bc of knee problem after doing 11cm on femurs. He is 6'3 now I guess(?)
But, there are no photos of him bc he must look very awkward.

You can get away with it with clothes, but you will always have a shorter torso than everybody else who is your height.

180cm is barely average here in Sweden.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Claude

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 09:23:22 PM »

180 is a cool height thought no ?
I would probably never think about doing LL at 175 if you ask me.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 09:35:49 PM »

I don't look at it in terms of a strict number, but this is my view on the subject.

Those who are short have a much greater benefit doing cosmetic lengthening than those who are average height. Short people doing lengthening to become average height or at least less short than they were originally have not only a psychological benefit of doing the procedure, but also a benefit in escaping the discrimination that many short men face. For them, there's a good deal of worth in risking the many potential complications of the lengthening procedure. At the same time, those who are of average height doing cosmetic lengthening to get the benefits of being tall aren't escaping the same social discrimination, rather they're just potentially getting the added social benefit of being a tall person. In that case, I see it as too much risk for such little payoff.

My perspective is probably biased coming from the former category, but when I see people who are average height wanting to get lengthening so they can be one of the privileged tallers, I can't help but think they may have a bit of an ego problem and would do better getting therapy than potentially crippling themselves through cosmetic lengthening.

Also when I'm saying 'short' and 'tall' I'm talking about what's considered short or tall in the person's country of origin, because a person who is short in the Netherlands could be considered tall in many places around the world, like Asia or Central and South America.

Great post and i really wanted to comment on it since it hit home with me, because i have a slightly different perspective of it. Im also of the former group, of average height wanting to become above average height or "tall". 175 cm going to 179 cm.

for me, the ego thing is definitely a part of the reason. The main reason is that i want to feel like a manly man and not lack any of the criterias of being masculine (i realize that being manly is more about mentality than physical appearance).

But the ego thing for me is mainly so that i can put down other people with big egos,ive met so many status obsessed and egotistical people in my life that have acted like they where better than me even though they are nobodies like any regular person. Sure there will always be people like that but it will be much more confortable for me to put them in their place if they try to disrespect me when i am taller.

Claude

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 10:00:45 PM »

I agree the social benefit is more important when going from "small" to "average".
Someone "sane" should ask himself about the costs/advantages ratio.
All people looking for LL for an "esthetic" reason are narcissistic.
We dont really "need" it by definition.

Sweden

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 11:41:55 PM »

Wannabegiant: I understand you but if you really feel that way you should lengthen 6cm minimum. You live in Sweden! Everyone is a giant Viking.

I'm 179 and I still feel short in many situations.

ewt

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 01:44:08 AM »

for me 178cm 5'10 is the maximum
Since all around the world, 178cm considered to be tall or taller than average
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 01:52:56 AM by ewt »

Adriano

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 02:02:18 AM »

And which world is this Ewt?

Have we started communicating with other ppl/things from another planet/s.

If so, I am on planet earth my new friends  ;)

Sweden

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 02:19:14 AM »

for me 178cm 5'10 is the maximum
Since all around the world, 178cm considered to be tall or taller than average

I'm 179 and that's just below average where I live.

Moubgf

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 04:30:41 AM »

nah i can be 5'9 if i stretch it, and i KNOW that if i was naturally 180 cm tall and only use let's say normal shoes with 1-3 cm of height increase. I would by default never get a feeling of being short. Small maybe not short. So sweden get your negativity off this forum we don't need your  ty preaching around here you dr.sarin bitch

LLL

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 08:18:00 AM »

So sweden get your negativity off this forum we don't need your  ty preaching around here you dr.sarin bitch

WTF, dude? What we don't need is that kind of childish name calling.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 12:49:15 PM »

Wannabegiant: I understand you but if you really feel that way you should lengthen 6cm minimum. You live in Sweden! Everyone is a giant Viking.

I'm 179 and I still feel short in many situations.

You are correct that most people here are huge, at least the native swedes, the male immigrants are more on the 5'8 - 5'10 range.

But from what i can tell, being 5'10 i will pretty much never be considered short by women even if i am slightly shorter than many of the males, and this height will make me comfortable in my manly image. And from experience a large part of the male population in sweden is in th 5'10 5'11 range. So in most cases my height wont stand out.

I dont need to be taller than other guys, i just have to be of comparable height so that it doesnt stand out noticably, when i have that height it will allow my other qualities to shine through.   

Claude

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 04:28:52 PM »

So sweden get your negativity off this forum we don't need your  ty preaching around here you dr.sarin bitch

Man Sweden has so many fans  :D
Hate and Love are so alike, dont be scared to tell him your secret feelings, let it go man.

ewt

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 06:36:10 PM »

And which world is this Ewt?

Have we started communicating with other ppl/things from another planet/s.

If so, I am on planet earth my new friends  ;)

You know almost 90% shoes sole give you 1' of height? so people who is 178cm would became at least 180cm, that is tall, and don't forget hair give you another 2-3cm height as well

ewt

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2014, 06:37:30 PM »

I'm 179 and that's just below average where I live.

You're not from netherlands right?

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2014, 06:46:58 PM »

You're not from netherlands right?

Take a look at his nickname :D

ewt

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2014, 06:23:16 AM »

Uhmm Sweden, well scandinavian are tall, i don't know,
maybe because the standard in my country is different
but 5'10 would be enough for me

Claude

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2014, 07:44:19 PM »

Sweden is from freaking Mars, you lost -)
Pages: [1]   Go Up