Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hyper lordosis(duckass)  (Read 2043 times)

Descreteuser

hyper lordosis(duckass)
« on: September 09, 2015, 09:19:34 PM »

just wondering if anyone who has fully recovered from their limb lengthening, if they experienced the hyper lordosis (duckass) that im experiencing.. im 6.5 half months since surgery..been walking unaided for bout 2 months now (frames off in 1 month) my walking looks completely normal. but if i look in a full body mirror and see myself side on.. my back has much more of a curve when on 2 legs then when i stand on 1 leg.. will this slowly correct itself over time? because at the moment it is taking 1 to 1.5cm off my actual height.. kinda bit of a downer if it stayed like this after all the trouble i went through..
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

wangchaoan

Re: hyper lordosis(duckass)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 07:09:33 PM »

Yes, I am experiencing this now!
I am lengthening from 170cm to 175cm.
And I am in my 3rd month after surgery. ( 2 months of lengthening, 1 month of consilidation)
Widelegs disappeared but meanwhile duckass appeared.
I think either one of them are caused by ITB or hip flexor, I guess.
Any veterans know how to solve this annoying problem? Many thanks!

InFullStryde

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 09:46:17 PM »

Great topic guys.  I am at 5.3 cm and the duck ass is there. It is not severe, but it does exist.  So far in my research, Duck Ass can be alleviated by strengthening and stretching (Especially strengthening) the thigh muscles.  Usually it is the glutes and hips that are the culprit since we lose almost all of these muscles post LL surgery.   I feel like this plagues CLL'ers quite a bit. Let's keep this thread active.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Sanity

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 09:01:27 AM »

R u ppl femurs or tibias. I know in case of tibias hyperlordosis is not a concern. In case of femurs i think it wil inprove alot within years by exercising and stretching but atleast some degree will remain because the muscle is tightened permanently.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

InFullStryde

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 04:00:45 PM »

These are femurs, primary. Yes, workout those glutes and stretch out the quads and hip flexors.  Some of the Duck Ass will go away within the first few months post lengthening...and then keep at it and you'll be back to normal soon.   Anteria Pelvic Tilt can be solved !
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

BeYourBest

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 04:26:46 PM »

I have ATP now! Would fixing it before surgery be better for me? Probably would be I think

InFullStryde

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 04:30:32 PM »

I woudn't hold off on surgery a long time due to what is a very common problem for people.  The thing about CLL is that usually the Duck Ass will go away within a few months since the muscles begin to loosen up in  the hip when lengthening is completed and your glutes rebuild.  I would start to work on it right not however so that you can minimize it when you go through the process of CLL. 

People need not fret about duck ass.  After surgery it is pretty obvious that your butt is gone....even the slightest tightening of your quad/hip, will pull your hips forward. As soon as your butt returns and you stop lengthening, you should see a nice gradual improvement of this tilt.

BeYourBest

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 04:35:04 PM »

I woudn't hold off on surgery a long time due to what is a very common problem for people.  The thing about CLL is that usually the Duck Ass will go away within a few months since the muscles begin to loosen up in  the hip when lengthening is completed and your glutes rebuild.  I would start to work on it right not however so that you can minimize it when you go through the process of CLL.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I guess I should try fixing all problems regardless of the surgery.

Singapore

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 12:16:06 PM »

I also wonder how significantly does this problem affect your final height. 0.5-1 cm maybe?

InFullStryde

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 03:32:02 PM »

I also wonder how significantly does this problem affect your final height. 0.5-1 cm maybe?

Hi Singapore, For me it affects about 3 mm only; as long as you're able to sway your back completely.   

Tomhard

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2019, 03:34:02 AM »

So will the ATP ( duckass ) correct itself by time right?
Pages: [1]   Go Up