Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Proportions and goals  (Read 1622 times)

Alu

My Proportions and goals
« on: September 13, 2015, 08:02:52 PM »

OK so it's about time that I made my own thread about my own proportions and goals with LL. So without getting too personal, here we go:

Height: 161-2cm (5'3.5)
Wingspan: 167 cm (66 inches)
Inseam: 71 cm (28 inches)
I/H Ratio: 44%

Goal: 9-10cm increase through two surgeries.
End Result:
Height: 171 CM
Ape Index: about -1.2 index in inches
I/H Ratio 47.7%

I'm thinking about taking the route the guy from the old forum took whom I created a thread over, in lengthening 1.8 inches in each segment. The reason being that his recovery seamed phenomenal considering that 1) it was about a year and 2) the rods where still in place at the time. My doctors of choice would probably be Dr Mahboubian or, ideally, Paley.

So I have to ask: does this seem reasonable? I know you guys would probably ask for pictures or mock-ups but I think I'm gonna hold of on those as I don't have a proper set up for them yet; and I'm working on becoming fitter. For me personally I know I can find much more enjoyment in being 5'7 even if I'd still be below average: I've accepted being short in life, I just don't want to be "as short."  :)
Also anyone have any reference as what a person with 47%+ Inseam to height ratio would look like? The only sort of reference I could find was through the body visualizer program I found.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: My Proportions and goals
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 08:26:22 PM »

I see nothing wrong with your plan.  It sounds like a good one.

61notenough

• Newbi
  • Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 09:14:27 PM »

If I was in your position I would probably do the same exact plan.

theuprising

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 09:24:57 AM »

Your plan is that which is recommended by most of the top doctors. That is if doing both segments maximum is 10cm all together. Your also not going to far past your wingspan, around 5cm is the absolute maximum I've seen that looks ok going over by so your under that amount. It looks good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up