Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saint Petersburg - External Tibias - Dr. Solomin  (Read 31531 times)

TnaTna

Re: Saint Petersburg - External Tibias - Dr. Solomin
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2016, 08:16:46 PM »

Had someone got news about badwolf ? That's frightening he didn't give news for 8 months. He posted a response on another topic 1 month ago though.

badwolf

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2016, 09:39:51 AM »

Hi,

Just wanted to update people on my situation.
I have removed both frames, inserted nails, and am currently walking with crutches, occasionally using a single crutch.
The reason why I haven’t started walking full unsupported yet is because my regeneration in my left leg was not very good – in fact I had a bone transplant just to speed up the process.
Although there were some moments I was worried about, other than my slow regenerations, I am mostly happy with my results.

For those who are considering Saint Petersburg, I would recommend it if you are tight for money and cannot afford the more expensive alternatives (such as Paley).
That being said, I did have quite a few problems with Dr. Solomin. If Dr. Kulesh was not available, I believe my experience would have been very different, perhaps along with the results.
In fact, if you are not considering any form of nailing and just plain up externals, I might even say that it would be best to contact Dr. Kulesh directly and undergo surgery with him.
That being said, Dr. Solomin’s experience with the whole process is extensive (albeit somewhat unorthodox at times), and, when it comes to nailing or bone graphs, I believe he does produce good results. All in all, though, you definitely want Dr. Kulesh to be involved.

Anyway, I’m moving on from this entire process, and only occasionally check this website. That being said, I’ll try to answer questions if anyone has any.

TnaTna

« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2016, 11:21:23 PM »

Happy to have got news from you  :). How much time do you need before independent walking again ?

That being said, I did have quite a few problems with Dr. Solomin. If Dr. Kulesh was not available, I believe my experience would have been very different, perhaps along with the results.

Dr. Solomin’s experience with the whole process is extensive (albeit somewhat unorthodox at times), and, when it comes to nailing or bone graphs, I believe he does produce good results. All in all, though, you definitely want Dr. Kulesh to be involved.

Can you precise these words ? What were the problems with Solomin ? He is a unknown doc outside Russia and we have very few information about him.

talldarkandhandsome

• Visitor
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2016, 09:11:35 PM »

Any other diaries on Dr. Solomin ?

onemorefoot

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2016, 05:26:51 PM »

I think the Main cause of your problem was that you took nsaid for a very long time.
Budget will determine my future.

Overdozer

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2016, 06:40:48 PM »

I think the Main cause of your problem was that you took nsaid for a very long time.
No it wasn't I took NSAIDs every day for 3-4 months after every surgery.

Any other diaries on Dr. Solomin ?
My diary is on Dr. Kulesh who works closely with Dr. Solomin. And also Kulesh takes care of Solomin patients and stuff.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

onemorefoot

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2016, 08:54:01 PM »

Then just genetics. Damn.
Budget will determine my future.

badwolf

« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2017, 11:12:04 PM »

Just a quick update:

I've been great. Consolidated. Walking. (still not running too often, but that's more being afraid than physical limitations) Taking bachata lessons. Awesome, beautiful Spanish girlfriend. Haven't thought very much about my height or about my surgery. Traveling the world. Just as I had always imagined, limb lengthening was one of the best things I could've done.

One issue I ran into since last week though was a loose screw, which is pressing against my skin. Gonna have it removed over the next few months probably. Otherwise, all is well.

Wish you all the best!

Antonio

« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2017, 12:23:11 AM »

Just a quick update:

I've been great. Consolidated. Walking. (still not running too often, but that's more being afraid than physical limitations) Taking bachata lessons. Awesome, beautiful Spanish girlfriend. Haven't thought very much about my height or about my surgery. Traveling the world. Just as I had always imagined, limb lengthening was one of the best things I could've done.

One issue I ran into since last week though was a loose screw, which is pressing against my skin. Gonna have it removed over the next few months probably. Otherwise, all is well.

Wish you all the best!

Congratulations man, you deserve it! And is your girlfriend as beautiful as RGKEY's?  Just kidding, happy for you and her

badwolf

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2017, 11:27:41 PM »

Thanks man:) haha well I hate to brag and beauty is in the eye of the beholder (also I haven’t seen RGKey’s gf since I don’t read these forums anymore), but she’s one of the most beautiful creatures I’ve ever met: physically, intellectually, and in all those other ways I won’t discuss here;) I won’t say that I wouldn’t have ended it up with her if it weren’t for LL (since I knew her prior to my surgery), but I doubt I would have had the confidence I have now to have her in my life in the way I do.

Women were never my greatest motivation for doing LL I’ve been with more than I can count; some incredibly beautiful (some less so) and at times with more than one. However, I do believe that LL can closer align you to the man or woman you aspire to be...thus bringing your confidence to a level that balances someone who could be your ideal partner. That being said, it’s just one small aspect of the entire picture...and I’ve seen some people who’ve made it the biggest (or worse, only) focus of their time, money, and attention.

There’s much more to life than one’s height, but LL can give you that boost (pun intended) to see beyond it.

Android

« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2017, 06:22:34 PM »

Thanks for sharing your experience badwolf, glad that you came back to update us. Really helps to hear what happens after a length of time, always reassuring to hear phrases like "haven't thought about height in a while" -- it must be liberating.

Good luck with your new girlfriend!
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Big Decision

« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2018, 04:18:49 AM »

can someone tell me how to contact dr solomin?

Android

« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2018, 04:48:45 AM »

can someone tell me how to contact dr solomin?

Glad you finally saw my other post, deleting what I originally wrote here.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Big Decision

« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2018, 03:44:28 AM »

hey badwolf,
can you tell me, how is it like doing surgery on tibia and having Ilizarov frame on feels like?

i wanna know if you can drive an automatic car for 30 min, sit inside and get out of the car, and walk with crutches during distraction period?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up