Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: i think ive lost my height neurosis  (Read 29177 times)

hollandaa

i think ive lost my height neurosis
« on: September 24, 2015, 06:36:47 PM »

I havent posted anything in a while cuz i didnt really cared anymore about my height cuz i did investigation to calculate the chances of stunted growth. I found out i ate and slept worser in my teens but i always ate bread and cheese everyday wich are full with proteines. I was a fast kid with the best condition compared to my peers because i played a lot of sports at age of 14/15. I was happy by knowing the chances of stunted growth were minimal since i was never ill. I taught my lil bro was taller than because he is so skinny. He is 16 and got a lot of leg hair and his sideburns are in the first stage. Today he stood next to me and we were the same height.he also stood next to my dad and he is also shorter than my dad. We are both 5'8 and he is about to stop growing cuz of his manly voice and leg hair. I think were both shorter than dad cuz we are early bloomers like our mom of 5'3 while my dad was late. However im glad god took my height neurosis away so i can go on with my life becuz i dont face any height discrimination. How are you doing? Any chance you guys can get rid of off that disease also? (I taught my lil bro was tallerbecuz he could reach a box on the fridge while i couldnt, now i know this is because of his longer limbs. I have short legs and arms while he has no upper body)0

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: i think ive lost my height neurosis
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 07:05:05 PM »

It's pretty difficult to have stunted growth in a first world country. People can speculate based on what their doctors tell them their final height should be, but a lot of the time those estimations are inaccurate and you'd have a hard time proving your final height being different because of nutrition reasons.

But I did read something that said the final height of a male is more closely linked to the mother's height and the final height of a female is more closely linked to her father's height. I have to search for it again, but if it's true it would make sense why there are a number of users on here who are shorter than their father and distressed by it.

If you've lost your height neurosis then that's a great thing. If I could have lost it without resorting to leg lengthening then I'd much rather have that happen then have to go through all the surgery and recovery.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

hollandaa

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 07:17:08 PM »

Yes i forgot to say that ive experiented with hookah's and marijuana from age 16 to 18. I was a moron who couldnt inhale the weed over his lungs and i maybe did a quarter to a half skunk each 2/3 months. Never did cigarettes, hard drugs or alcohol but ive experienced with hookah's too with friends and at age of 16 there where maybe 2/3 months i did every 1/2 weeks hookah with friends. After that i became lonely for 2 years so i didnt smoked any weed or hookah. Past year i smoked a half skunk (maybe less) each 2,5 months. I was never addicted but do you think this could stunted my growth? After that i slept bad becuz of school and had tired looking eyes because of that and eating too much salt. What do you think? Didnt stunted an inch?

hollandaa

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 07:24:23 PM »

It's pretty difficult to have stunted growth in a first world country. People can speculate based on what their doctors tell them their final height should be, but a lot of the time those estimations are inaccurate and you'd have a hard time proving your final height being different because of nutrition reasons.

But I did read something that said the final height of a male is more closely linked to the mother's height and the final height of a female is more closely linked to her father's height. I have to search for it again, but if it's true it would make sense why there are a number of users on here who are shorter than their father and distressed by it.

If you've lost your height neurosis then that's a great thing. If I could have lost it without resorting to leg lengthening then I'd much rather have that happen then have to go through all the surgery and recovery.

In my case thats true, i look like my mither and her brothers and inherited her early puberty by being pretty early with growing a thick mustache at 13. My dad is 5'11 and my mother is 5'3. I'm 5'8 with a predicted height of 5'9/5'10. In my case your right. All my siblings are early bloomers

Uppland

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 07:36:09 PM »

It's almost completely genetic, no child in a country like the netherlands is malnourished. What might stunt a child is smoking and alcohol consumption otherwise it is all genetic recombination.

My mom is 169 dad is 187 and my predicted height was 184,5 -I came out at 178-9 almost 9CM shorter than my dad. Just bad luck.

hollandaa

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 07:45:37 PM »

It's almost completely genetic, no child in a country like the netherlands is malnourished. What might stunt a child is smoking and alcohol consumption otherwise it is all genetic recombination.

My mom is 169 dad is 187 and my predicted height was 184,5 -I came out at 178-9 almost 9CM shorter than my dad. Just bad luck.

A lot of teens over here eat unhealthy or not enough. I also ate everyday chips but i also ate everyday bread with cheese and i liked chocomilk. I just liked chips and chocolate, barely ate veggies nd slept not much like a lot of other teens according to newspapers over here. Weed was used a lot on my school. So i think stunted growth is very possible over here since teens don't think about their height at that age

hollandaa

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 07:47:32 PM »

Alcohol consumption? Its pretty normal in holland to get drunk often at age of 15 here in holland but they still are tall

Uppland

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 08:27:23 PM »

A lot of teens over here eat unhealthy or not enough. I also ate everyday chips but i also ate everyday bread with cheese and i liked chocomilk. I just liked chips and chocolate, barely ate veggies nd slept not much like a lot of other teens according to newspapers over here. Weed was used a lot on my school. So i think stunted growth is very possible over here since teens don't think about their height at that age

Doesn't matter you need to be malnourished to the point of starving to stunt your growth.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 09:16:40 AM »

Stunted growth due to a poor diet isn't likely to happen in first world countries, like Uppland said you need to be malnourished to have an impact on your growth.
I'm also shorter than all my male family members, it's all in your genes and you can't change that unfortunately.
Weed and alcohol at the age of 15 is pretty common here too, legal drinking and clubbing starts at the age of 16. These things won't have an impact, unless you start to smoke cigartetts from a very early age on.

Taller

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 10:01:07 AM »

I would have to agree. I am a young adult living in Europe, and I must say that some of my tallest friends drank and smoked so much growing up that I don't know how they even grew at all! But a lot of them are well over 180-190 CM and kept growing (5-10CM), even after heavy drinking and smoking after age 15. One guy drank til he puked a lot of weekends, and still grew to 194.5 CM. the craziest part is that his parents are 172 and 163.

hollandaa

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 02:38:27 PM »

then my "experiencing" with hookah and weed didnt stunted my growth since i maybe smoked one full skunk each 5/7 months. never did it regularly and also never smoked shisha regularly. my lasts doubts are done now. but btw. its crazy how my lil brother looks 6 ft just by being very thin. my dad whose 5'11 said me my lil bro was taller than him and i believed it and went insecure. my lil bro also believed and said he was taller. but he is just as tall as me. pff im so blessed right now. btw im a moroccan and their average height is 172 cm. while i'm 174 at morning and 172,5 at night. i think all 5'8+ guys who didnt starve themselves out during puberty and didnt use all hard drugs on the world can lose their height neurosis very easy becuz at 5'8 you won't face any height discrimination and you don't have to be angry on yourself because it wasnt your fault. it's the fault of my mother who have passed me and my siblings her early puberty genes hahaha

hollandaa

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2015, 02:52:34 PM »

I would have to agree. I am a young adult living in Europe, and I must say that some of my tallest friends drank and smoked so much growing up that I don't know how they even grew at all! But a lot of them are well over 180-190 CM and kept growing (5-10CM), even after heavy drinking and smoking after age 15. One guy drank til he puked a lot of weekends, and still grew to 194.5 CM. the craziest part is that his parents are 172 and 163.

i also had a tall guy in my class who was alergic of lactose. wich means he wasnt able to eat/drink dairy products. so he never drank or ate cheese and also never ate normal bread. these products are very important for growing because they are full with proteins. he didnt ate them but is still 195 cm.. maybe 200 cm. i had a short guy in my class who played a lot of sports his whole life and didnt smoke. he was very healthy. but he was 168/170 cm at age of 18

hollandaa

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 03:01:30 PM »

its all late puberty. badr hari is 6'6 or 198/197 cm while his dad is max 172 cm. but he still had almost no testosterone or body hair at age of 22 and still had a babyface. he is like my father. my father also had a babyface at age of 22 and he's very tall for a morroccan since he's 8 cm above their average. unfortunately he didn't passed us his late puberty genes. me and my brother are shorter than our dad and my sister whose 15 in 2 weeks is as tall as my mom. 

Taller

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2015, 05:50:36 PM »

Early vs late puberty isn't everything. My father stopped growing by 14 and reached 188 CM. I grew til at least 19 and am 178 CM.

Will Smith reached his adult height of 187 CM by 12 or 13.

But, yes, we are ultimately slaves to genetics.

hollandaa

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2015, 08:24:38 PM »

Early vs late puberty isn't everything. My father stopped growing by 14 and reached 188 CM. I grew til at least 19 and am 178 CM.

Will Smith reached his adult height of 187 CM by 12 or 13.

But, yes, we are ultimately slaves to genetics.

It depends on your family. I don't know you but your dad must be on of the shortest of his family unless all his brothers were early bloomers. Will smith is also is also an early bloomer but if he was a late bloomer he would be much taller because his growth plates would stay open for a longer time. My ad is the only late bloomer of his brothers thats why he is the tallest. You have a tall dad but there are chances he is from an extreme tall family and has late bloomer brothers who are tall. You can also be a late bloomer with 5'6 if youre from a short family. So i think will smith is one of the shortest of his brothers

Taller

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2015, 08:39:37 PM »

It depends on your family. I don't know you but your dad must be on of the shortest of his family unless all his brothers were early bloomers. Will smith is also is also an early bloomer but if he was a late bloomer he would be much taller because his growth plates would stay open for a longer time. My ad is the only late bloomer of his brothers thats why he is the tallest. You have a tall dad but there are chances he is from an extreme tall family and has late bloomer brothers who are tall. You can also be a late bloomer with 5'6 if youre from a short family. So i think will smith is one of the shortest of his brothers

Yeah, you're actually right about that. My dad at 6'2/187-188CM is the shortest of his siblings. His brothers are all over 190CM.

Uppland

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2015, 08:40:45 PM »

You've got nothing to back that up but it doesn't matter anyway. You're short like the rest of us and you can gain perhaps 5-7CM through this surgery, after that you will have to accept your body.

Want More

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2015, 12:13:36 AM »

Guys you think that you have height neurosis just  becuse you are one of te shortest on your family,or becuse most of guys on street are taller than you?
I need only 5cm.

Uppland

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2015, 12:21:43 AM »

Guys you think that you have height neurosis just  becuse you are one of te shortest on your family,or becuse most of guys on street are taller than you?

Both

Want More

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2015, 12:25:00 AM »

Uppland i don't realise why you feel short,you don't live in Balcan's countries.
I need only 5cm.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2015, 02:44:38 AM »

Uppland i don't realise why you feel short,you don't live in Balcan's countries.
He lives in northern europe though, so the situation is quit comparable.

Uppland

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2015, 03:24:57 AM »

I'm swedish the average here is 4CM lower than Hercegovina but I'm also 2CM shorter than you. Would you not feel short even if you were 2CM taller?

hollandaa

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2015, 06:16:02 PM »

You've got nothing to back that up but it doesn't matter anyway. You're short like the rest of us and you can gain perhaps 5-7CM through this surgery, after that you will have to accept your body.

Im average for my ethnicity, im not an caucasian. My height doesnt bother me. It would only bother me if i stunted my growth

MRbones

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2015, 06:39:11 PM »

I call bull  .

your on this thread and wanted to break your legs in half save up tens of thousands, go through months of pain, possible permanently fk your self up both athletically and aestetically , destroy 2 possibly more years fo your life recovering and probably loose your job, plus much more   im not even listing.

and now your trying to tell me this bull  .....

your basically saying I am completely inadequate and pathetic which is why I must go through all this to be taller................ BUT NOW!!!!! its ok that im short inadequate and pathetic because I was naturally short inadequate and naturally pathetic. therefore I no longer care about getting this surgery because all the   I feel about myself is natural therefore I no longer feel the feelings iv felt my whole life.....

you understand that your lying to your self?

the real reason for your post is because your trying to convince yourself you don't need surgery because of any number of the painful or scary reasons I listed above.

your argument is not even logical or coherent. you don't stop feeling things because it was natural. your either short or your tall, there is no im naturally short but man id be so inadequate if I was the same height but I was meant to be taller.

growhigh12

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2015, 07:20:50 PM »

i am 178 at the moment.. do you think i would feel tall if i did 6 cm and got to 184cm.. is it worth it? at the moment i feel below average even though im probably technically just about average.. Im from the united states.. is there anyone that has gone to 184cmwho can tell me if you feel tall or not?

hollandaa

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2015, 07:34:37 PM »

First of all i didn't felt my whole life insecure about my life as you listed, only the last 2 months cuz my family said my lil bro was taller, im shorter than my dad and didnt ate healthy as a teenager. Now i found out im as tall as my brother and didnt stunted my growth so i'm feeling good now. So your statement that i felt this my whole life is bull  statement number 1. Than you said no man will ever feel not bad about because it was natural. Did you investigate them all over the world?? Best prove against it are some posts over here of some members claiming they would never have height neurosis if they were as tall as their siblings or lived healthier as a teen. We are at bull  statement nr 2 now. I knew since the beginning LL is very painful but still wanted ut and now i still want it but i am not angry on myself anymore because i taught i stunted my growth. So yes i want still LL because iwant to be taller but i dob't think about it the whole day because i know it isn't my fault. So yes i lost my height neurosis because i am not depressed and angry on myself because i taught it was my fault. But i still wanna do LL vecause i wanna be taller but i'm not depressed or angry anymore. I can live with that. Conclusion: don't judge people without knowing them.

MRbones

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2015, 07:51:14 PM »

its annoying when people lie to themselves.

listen up good hollandaa.

you want to get leg lengthening................ therefore you ARE UNHAPPY WITH YOUR HEIGHT.

its real simple.

hollandaa

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2015, 08:10:42 PM »

its annoying when people lie to themselves.

listen up good hollandaa.

you want to get leg lengthening................ therefore you ARE UNHAPPY WITH YOUR HEIGHT.

its real simple.

Theres an difference between unhappy about your height and height neurosis. Height neurosis means you are very depressed about your height and think the whole day about it. I'm not like that anymore but i still wabt to be taller. But that doesn't mean i suffer from height neurosis since i'm still happy about my life. Read the thread line first before you judge me. I didn't say i'm happy with my height or don't want LL anymore i said i lost my height neurosis because i'm finally able to be happy again. Think before you speak

MRbones

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2015, 08:36:32 PM »

ok now we re getting somewhere.

ok listen up.

you did  not loose height neurosis which is what your thread title states.

you lost something called guilt.

so I am correcting it.

height neurosis actually specifically is when the level of external discrimination that you receive does not match the magnitude of your perception for the amount of external discrimination you receive.

as you are 5"8 it is very difficult to know whether you have height neurosis or not.

but 1 thing is certain, you did not loose it.

you only have 2 possible scenarios as options, you never had height neurosis or you still have height neurosis. but you did not loose it.

the only way for me to know if you have height neurosis would be to know the magnitude of your perception for the level of discrimination you receive. but because you are 5"8 its not really possible to do that.

MRbones

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2015, 08:41:02 PM »

ps if you are happy that you lost guilt

and you are not happy with your height.

it is very inaccurate to say you lost your height neurosis from that.

it just means you are more happy than you used to be. but you still feel inadequate.

if you did not feel inadequate you would not be getting leg lengthening.

hollandaa

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2015, 08:55:16 PM »

Ive never been discriminated about my height, ive been bullied sometimes as a kid and even at age of 17 but they never mentioned my height. I never taught about my height until my mother screamed "ALL YOUR PEERS GREW VERY TALL AND YOU STAYED SMALL BECAUSE YOU DON'T EAT ALL FOOD. EVEN YOUR YOUNGER BROTHER IS TALLER!!!" my mum talks nonsense more often but this statement made inpact on me because i started eating unhealthier since my teens so i felt bad because i taught she was right. So i was angry at myself. Now i know it wasn't my fault so i can accept that cuz i can't blame myself. This all started 2 months age. Ive accepted my height wich means i still want to be taller and still want LL (less bad than before) but i'm not depressed anymore. To me height neurosis is a definition of being depressed because of your height
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up