Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: i think ive lost my height neurosis  (Read 29178 times)

hollandaa

Re: i think ive lost my height neurosis
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2015, 09:06:44 PM »

Ive been called short by 2 girlfriends, but i don't think it bothered them since they wanted me as their boyfriend right after that.

MRbones

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2015, 09:15:40 PM »

that's called guilt, not height neurosis.

depression is not the definition to height neurosis. it is just synonymous with it.

MRbones

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2015, 09:17:00 PM »

specifically you suffered from guilt and feeling inadequate.

you cured your guilt.

hollandaa

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2015, 09:23:12 PM »

Yes i feeled very guilty and that was the reason of my depression. Since i don't feel guilty anymore i want LL less bad. Today i didn't taught about height until i logged in into this forum. Only taught about my clip shoot today lol

Want More

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2015, 07:07:07 PM »

Ive been called short by 2 girlfriends, but i don't think it bothered them since they wanted me as their boyfriend right after that.
The same happend with me. When i meet my ex girlfriend she asked me for my age. When i say how old i am,she told me 'you look much younger becuse you are short'. That day he made couple time joke on my height. But after 2 weeks we were in relationship,after cuople months i broke with her.She begged me try one more time.shee got what she deserved
I need only 5cm.

hollandaa

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2015, 09:58:32 PM »

The same happend with me. When i meet my ex girlfriend she asked me for my age. When i say how old i am,she told me 'you look much younger becuse you are short'. That day he made couple time joke on my height. But after 2 weeks we were in relationship,after cuople months i broke with her.She begged me try one more time.shee got what she deserved

I didnt went trough something like that. They asked my height and i didnt knew it exactly at that time so i said 173-175. They just said your short but never made any jokes about it. It seemed like i had passed "the height test". Would be weird if i didnt passed cuz they are both 164 cm. Im 9 cm taller

growhigh12

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2015, 05:26:42 AM »

its funny how someone at 5'11 can be called short..most people on this forum dont believe u can be called short at that height.. but we are proof that you can be.. more often than youd think too.. im 178 during the day which is just shy of 5'11.. and i feel short alot of the time

MRbones

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2015, 07:13:20 AM »

5 feet 10 inches    = 177.8 cm
5 feet 11 inches   = 180.34 cm

1 inch is 2.54cm

-------------------------------
you are 178cm. you are 5"10.

----------------------------

also girls crap stir all the time to test you. they don't think your short at all, they are testing you and your confidence.

if you are 5"10 and the average is 5"9.5 then you are not tall. you are average. slightly above.

growhigh12

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2015, 07:26:12 AM »

5 feet 10 inches    = 177.8 cm
5 feet 11 inches   = 180.34 cm

1 inch is 2.54cm

-------------------------------
you are 178cm. you are 5"10.

----------------------------

also girls crap stir all the time to test you. they don't think your short at all, they are testing you and your confidence.

if you are 5"10 and the average is 5"9.5 then you are not tall. you are average. slightly above.

what would be considered tall?

MRbones

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2015, 07:56:48 AM »

its an exact bell shaped curve for discrimination.

the key points are the 20th percentile and the 80% percentile. these 2 figures have 20% below and above respectively.

in a country where the average is 5"9.5 inches this makes the 2 key points of the bell shaped curve at 5"7 and 6"0

5"7 is 2.5 inches below the average.
6"0 is 2.5 inches above the average.

therefore the key heights are 5"7-------- 5"9.5------6"0

1) at 5"9.5 (average) you get no external discrimination.
2) when you go below the threshold of 5"7 you get exponentially more discrimination for the lack of height under this figure compared to the level of discrimination you get above this height.
3) when you go above 6"0 you get exponentially less benefit for the height you gain.

if the average of the country changes then the key values change also but it is still 2.5 inches above and below the average for that country.

the short answer without the statistics or graphs is 6"0 is considered tall for a country where the average is 5"9.5 inches.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2015, 10:22:54 AM »

I think that one important factor, perhaps the most important one when it comes to developing a neurosis, is the family's average. Being 5'10 is around 1,5 inches below average in my environment (people my age), but probably 4 inches below my familiy's average. My height neurosis would be a lot less strong if my dad or my cousins would be my height. Instead they are 6'3+, even some of the women in my family are taller than me.

growhigh12

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2015, 05:28:26 PM »

its an exact bell shaped curve for discrimination.

the key points are the 20th percentile and the 80% percentile. these 2 figures have 20% below and above respectively.

in a country where the average is 5"9.5 inches this makes the 2 key points of the bell shaped curve at 5"7 and 6"0

5"7 is 2.5 inches below the average.
6"0 is 2.5 inches above the average.

therefore the key heights are 5"7-------- 5"9.5------6"0

1) at 5"9.5 (average) you get no external discrimination.
2) when you go below the threshold of 5"7 you get exponentially more discrimination for the lack of height under this figure compared to the level of discrimination you get above this height.
3) when you go above 6"0 you get exponentially less benefit for the height you gain.

if the average of the country changes then the key values change also but it is still 2.5 inches above and below the average for that country.

the short answer without the statistics or graphs is 6"0 is considered tall for a country where the average is 5"9.5 inches.

ive read one guy, i cant remember where exactly.. said he still feels average at 185cm.. is this a rare thing?  he also mentioned it may have to do with where he is.. which makes sense with what you said about it depending on where you are.. im planning to get to atleast 183 if not 184.. i dont still want to feel average after.. i feel average to short now but if i go through with such an extreme surgery, i want to atleast feel tallish

Want More

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2015, 07:13:43 PM »

ive read one guy, i cant remember where exactly.. said he still feels average at 185cm.. is this a rare thing?  he also mentioned it may have to do with where he is.. which makes sense with what you said about it depending on where you are.. im planning to get to atleast 183 if not 184.. i dont still want to feel average after.. i feel average to short now but if i go through with such an extreme surgery, i want to atleast feel tallish
You read Descreteuser exp...He feel average becuse he do LL in Serbia,with Netherland probably tallest nation.Average there is 185.5cm.
I need only 5cm.

Penguinn

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2015, 07:19:49 PM »

At 5'10 you are definitely not short. I spoke about this once- learn to filter between what others say and what is actually true. Others calling me(5'2) short is true. Others calling a 5'11 guy short is them being idiots or maybe the way you were standing at the time.

5'11 isn't even short for a wrestler/boxer etc. Let alone a normal man.

Want More

« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2015, 07:24:18 PM »

When you surrounded with taller people,than you feel short.I am not short but i am considered as short here.
I need only 5cm.

Want More

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2015, 07:34:29 PM »

I didnt went trough something like that. They asked my height and i didnt knew it exactly at that time so i said 173-175. They just said your short but never made any jokes about it. It seemed like i had passed "the height test". Would be weird if i didnt passed cuz they are both 164 cm. Im 9 cm taller
That girl was my height,maybe even litle taller than me.Than i was 15 years old,i am now 5cm taller.
I need only 5cm.

Ozymandias

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2015, 07:55:30 PM »

You read Descreteuser exp...He feel average becuse he do LL in Serbia,with Netherland probably tallest nation.Average there is 185.5cm.

Curiously, two guys I know who had to move to Netherlands due to job offers met a girlfriend there in a few months. They are in the 5'7 range (like me) and none of them have the face of Tom Cruise.

Perhaps being the "exotic" guy is a plus...

hollandaa

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2015, 09:23:16 PM »

Average height in the netherlands is 183,8 cm if we talk about young men. For the older generation it is 181 cm. This are average numbers for dutch men. Immigrants not included. There are a lot of immigrants in holland so you would feel a lil bit over average if youre 185 cm just because there are a lot of short immigrants over here. Holland is the country everybody thinks 6'6 isnt that tall and 5'7 is also not that short over here because of the many short immigrants over here. But avoid a dutch university if youre 5'7/8/9 and even 10 since you will only find native dutch people over there. The only time i notice the dutch are that tall is when im at school. I think that guy felt average at 185 cm because there arent a lot of foreigners in serbia

MRbones

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2015, 10:50:43 PM »

Being 5'10 is around 1,5 inches below average in my environment (people my age)

wrong. the laws of normalcy for a womans perception on mens heights do not apply for "people my age" nor do they apply for "people my ethnicity" this way of thinking is bull   because people with their height neurosis try to drive up the average height for themselves to justify their height neurosis. the mathematics apply to only the true average for the population not some filtered edited bull   you want to believe where girls magically filter out all groups individually and judge them individually.

descreet user was 181 when he started and is 185 now. if you have height neurosis at these heights you suffer from internal discrimination and height neurosis. you should not feel inadequate at these heights. its an internal problem not an external problem. what needs to be fixed is brain chemistry and perception.

Taller

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2015, 11:00:48 PM »

descreet user was 181 when he started and is 185 now. if you have height neurosis at these heights you suffer from internal discrimination and height neurosis. you should not feel inadequate at these heights. its an internal problem not an external problem. what needs to be fixed is brain chemistry and perception.

I think that, if discreetuser wasn't happy at 181 but is happy at 185, then good for him. He won! 185 is such an awesome height for a man and it's great that he gets to experience it for the rest of his life. He didn't have major complications and, because he put in hard work, he had a smooth LL experience and now gets to be a f*cking awesome height as a result. Who are we to judge him because he wanted to be more than 181? 185 is a much better height than 181 in my book and pretty much anybody's book, even if they won't admit it. 181 just isn't tall in a lot of places, though it's close. 185, while not behemoth tall, is very comfortably tall and impressive, so props to discreetuser as far as I'm concerned.

MRbones

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2015, 12:06:37 AM »

we always get into this stupid debate when this discussion comes up between 2 people.

who cares who wants to get leg lengthening, anyone can get it, more power to the person if they want it.

but im not giving you an emotionally biased answer. im not giving you a statement on whether I think discrete user should get ll. my statement is objective and factual, based on the simple fact that it is internal brain chemistry and not external discrimination at that height.

I really like discrete user. and his surgery has done a wonderful job for him. im not commenting on him or anyone else who is taller who wants to get leg lengthening. im simply commenting that it is because of a problem with brain chemistry and not because people treat you in an inferior way.

after people who are tall get ll their brain chemistry can shift because of the surgery, but they could also accomplish this change in brain chemistry without surgery because of their objective starting height.

this is not a simple black and white tall people should not do it, or short people should do it. I am just describing the objective facts surrounding tall people who do this surgery. you guys need to stop conflating emotion with facts.

MRbones

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2015, 12:14:15 AM »

ps. after 183 you get exponentially diminishing returns for the extra height.

specifically you get a change in demographics for women who find you attractive.

at 185 you still get a small return but it is male to male power, and you actually LOOSE ATRACTIVNESS WITH FEMALES. however girls who are taller will be more attracted to you than before and the overwhelming majority of girls will be much less attracted to you. over all your ability to date will decrease as you will have less worth, you end up with a smaller dating pool of potential girls, but with girls who are abnormally taller will have increased desire for you.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2015, 10:07:05 AM »

ps. after 183 you get exponentially diminishing returns for the extra height.

specifically you get a change in demographics for women who find you attractive.

at 185 you still get a small return but it is male to male power, and you actually LOOSE ATRACTIVNESS WITH FEMALES. however girls who are taller will be more attracted to you than before and the overwhelming majority of girls will be much less attracted to you. over all your ability to date will decrease as you will have less worth, you end up with a smaller dating pool of potential girls, but with girls who are abnormally taller will have increased desire for you.
I don't think that you'll loose attractiveness once you're above 185. This might be the case at 190+ but definetely not at 185. 90% of the male models are between 187-189, the height standards would be different If they would really loose attractiveness after 185.

MRbones

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2015, 10:18:42 AM »

I don't think that you'll loose attractiveness once you're above 185. This might be the case at 190+ but definitely not at 185. 90% of the male models are between 187-189, the height standards would be different If they would really loose attractiveness after 185

im not going to explain it again its been done in thousands of threads. you re wrong. and that's the short answer, I even gave you a detailed explanation on the change of demographics and you still don't get it.

you don't want to grasp the truth because it conflicts with your goals. you become less desirable to a greater percentage of total population of girls, and more desirable to a much smaller percentage of total population of girls after you go above the threshold of 6"0 in a country of average height of 5"9.5. taller girls prefer you more, smaller girls think you are completely less desirable. every cm you increase you loose a greater and greater percentage level of girls who are closer to normality height for women.

Taller

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2015, 10:58:20 AM »

im not going to explain it again its been done in thousands of threads. you re wrong. and that's the short answer, I even gave you a detailed explanation on the change of demographics and you still don't get it.

you don't want to grasp the truth because it conflicts with your goals. you become less desirable to a greater percentage of total population of girls, and more desirable to a much smaller percentage of total population of girls after you go above the threshold of 6"0 in a country of average height of 5"9.5. taller girls prefer you more, smaller girls think you are completely less desirable. every cm you increase you loose a greater and greater percentage level of girls who are closer to normality height for women.

My personal experience says otherwise, but who am I to argue with statistics...

All other factors equal, most girls I know will pick a 185CM guy over a 175CM one without hesitation. When assessing if a guy's attractive, my female friends of all heights (including one who is 155CM) will usually quickly ask "is he tall". When a guys sitting down, they try to judge the length of his legs to see if he's tall. Just saying.

NewHeights

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2015, 11:28:41 AM »

All other factors equal, most girls I know will pick a 185CM guy over a 175CM one without hesitation. When assessing if a guy's attractive, my female friends of all heights (including one who is 155CM) will usually quickly ask "is he tall". When a guys sitting down, they try to judge the length of his legs to see if he's tall. Just saying.

I say, screw that girl who measures up a guy like the way you are describing. I'd rather dodge a bullet and avoid a girl like that.

177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

Alittletooshort

« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2015, 12:29:27 PM »

I can relate to that, I also experienced that 190 beats 185. Most girls I know would pick the 190 guy over the 185 guy If they had similar facial attractiveness.
Edit:
It won't interfere with my goals so this isn't the reason why I said that. I'd be 185 at max, If I did 7cm's which is too much imo. I'll stick to 5 or maybe 6cm's at most.

Ozymandias

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2015, 12:48:00 PM »

Funny how we usually try to explain why we are considering LL using reasons such as "do it for myself", "boost my professional career", etc... but in the end it seems that it is all about girls, girls and nothing more than girls.

Honestly, we all should think about it.

Penguinn

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2015, 03:35:36 PM »

Funny how we usually try to explain why we are considering LL using reasons such as "do it for myself", "boost my professional career", etc... but in the end it seems that it is all about girls, girls and nothing more than girls.

Honestly, we all should think about it.

For guys under 5'5 or maybe 5'7/5'8 in the US it's for lots of benefits.
Guessing the guys 5'10 or more are doing it only for the girls.

If you think I sound biased feel free to tell me otherwise..

hollandaa

« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2015, 04:57:48 PM »

For guys under 5'5 or maybe 5'7/5'8 in the US it's for lots of benefits.

Or they just face internal discrimination who also makes them unhappy. Most girls think 5'10 is tolerable. They wont make a problem of it. But i think we all think height is too overrated for woman. I have an ugly 6'2 friend who never had any girls and a 5'7 good facial looking friend who get a lot of girls. I would do ll gor myself since girls and society dont discriminate me cuz of my height

Descreteuser

« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2015, 06:25:08 PM »

that couldnt be any further from the truth... i was a strong 5'11, and the one thing that kept delaying me from doing this for so long,was that it was a great height for the opposite sex....i believe it is completely opposite to what you say, guys 5'10 and over would be doing this for everything other than women.. mainly for their social power with other men..
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up