Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: i think ive lost my height neurosis  (Read 29181 times)

hollandaa

Re: i think ive lost my height neurosis
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2015, 04:57:48 PM »

For guys under 5'5 or maybe 5'7/5'8 in the US it's for lots of benefits.
Guessing the guys 5'10 or more are doing it only for the girls.

If you think I sound biased feel free to tell me otherwise..

Or they just face internal discrimination who also makes them unhappy. Most girls think 5'10 is tolerable. They wont make a problem of it. But i think we all think height is too overrated for woman. I have an ugly 6'2 friend who never had any girls and a 5'7 good facial looking friend who get a lot of girls. I would do ll gor myself since girls and society dont discriminate me cuz of my height

Descreteuser

« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2015, 06:25:08 PM »

Guessing the guys 5'10 or more are doing it only for the girls.

If you think I sound biased feel free to tell me otherwise..

that couldnt be any further from the truth... i was a strong 5'11, and the one thing that kept delaying me from doing this for so long,was that it was a great height for the opposite sex....i believe it is completely opposite to what you say, guys 5'10 and over would be doing this for everything other than women.. mainly for their social power with other men..
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2015, 06:49:14 PM »

Guys 178 cm and over do this because they are weak in the brain. It is nonsense because the lengthening hasn't fixed their weak brain problem and they will still hate themselves in life once they see that other people do not suddenly respect them like they think will be the case.
I've got to do what I've got to do.

Penguinn

« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2015, 07:11:21 PM »

that couldnt be any further from the truth... i was a strong 5'11, and the one thing that kept delaying me from doing this for so long,was that it was a great height for the opposite sex....i believe it is completely opposite to what you say, guys 5'10 and over would be doing this for everything other than women.. mainly for their social power with other men..

But the 5'11 guys only complain about women wanting 6'1 guys or being shorter than their dads/1.445556cm shorter than their country's average. No real discrimination examples.

Yeah, 6'1 will give you a slight 'alpha male' standing over 5'11 but worth getting legs broken? Helllllll no.

Descreteuser

« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2015, 08:22:01 PM »

But the 5'11 guys only complain about women wanting 6'1 guys or being shorter than their dads/1.445556cm shorter than their country's average. No real discrimination examples.

Yeah, 6'1 will give you a slight 'alpha male' standing over 5'11 but worth getting legs broken? Helllllll no.

you are 5'2..  you think its worth you going from being extremely short to still very short? answer me that.. to be honest with you, i think if you are that short to begin with, you are always going to be really short.. yeah you may feel better for a while, but i can say the same thing, is it worth you breaking your legs to be still short anyway? i dont question anyway else on here for doing it.. so why is it you think taller people cant do it ey? if you are 5'2 do you honestly think you are ever gonna be happy getting to a height that is still really short? f*ck sake you would have to lengthen 5 inches just to get to a so called 'normal short' height.. you think you are honestly gonna pull that off and not look completely unnatural? i think going from 5'11 to 6'1 is way more worth it than 5'2 to 5'5.. so please tell me mr penguin? how is it that its not worth it for me, but will be for you? im going from being just above average to being tall, and will forever be comfortable knowing im satisfied with my height.. you are going from extremely short to very short, how will this improve your life any more than it will mine?

wingspan 180

Ozymandias

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2015, 08:35:44 PM »

you are 5'2..  you think its worth you going from being extremely short to still very short? answer me that.. to be honest with you, i think if you are that short to begin with, you are always going to be really short.. yeah you may feel better for a while, but i can say the same thing, is it worth you breaking your legs to be still short anyway? i dont question anyway else on here for doing it.. so why is it you think taller people cant do it ey? if you are 5'2 do you honestly think you are ever gonna be happy getting to a height that is still really short? f*ck sake you would have to lengthen 5 inches just to get to a so called 'normal short' height.. you think you are honestly gonna pull that off and not look completely unnatural? i think going from 5'11 to 6'1 is way more worth it than 5'2 to 5'5.. so please tell me mr penguin? how is it that its not worth it for me, but will be for you? im going from being just above average to being tall, and will forever be comfortable knowing im satisfied with my height.. you are going from extremely short to very short, how will this improve your life any more than it will mine?

Woah dude, calm down. He is from India, average male height is 5 ft 5 1⁄2 in according to wikipedia (possible 1 or 2 inches more among youngsters) If he reach 5'5 he will be just a bit short, possibly like a 5'8 in the US, so it will be an enormous improvement for him.

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2015, 08:44:00 PM »

Just because of how defensive Descreteuser is being we can all see he already feels stupid for doing this and is trying to find some way to make himself feel superior.
I've got to do what I've got to do.

Descreteuser

« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2015, 09:51:17 PM »

Woah dude, calm down. He is from India, average male height is 5 ft 5 1⁄2 in according to wikipedia (possible 1 or 2 inches more among youngsters) If he reach 5'5 he will be just a bit short, possibly like a 5'8 in the US, so it will be an enormous improvement for him.

i dont care where he's from.. if he's gonna say its not worth going from average to tall, why should it be worth going from very short to short? Every single person on this site has an internal problem, whether they like to admit it or not.. Generally the really short guys seem to get very frustrated at us taller guys as if we have no right to be here.. we are all crazy for even considering this, the difference is i admit im crazy, alot of guys on here dont.. think that they dont have any internal problems, and that they are doing this cause they have to.. no one on here HAS to do this..

wingspan 180

hollandaa

« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2015, 11:04:10 PM »

Theres another indian man called akash shukla who went from 4"11,5 to 5"2. And i think it improved his life a lot. He posts messages like "i knew the surgery wasnt going to make me tall but i am not that short anymore" he thinks he can beat up the whole world now by saying "i'm 6 ft in my mind" its funny to read it but he really thinks people dobt see him as really short anymore

Thatdude950

« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2015, 11:05:20 PM »

the difference is i admit im crazy, alot of guys on here dont.. think that they dont have any internal problems, and that they are doing this cause they have to.. no one on here HAS to do this..

Exactly! Thankyou for posting this.

To any impartial observer looking in, you guys are all crazy. Having your legs broken to gain 2 inches? Whether you're 5'2 or 5'11, it's not going to significantly alter your life. The safe amount to lengthen is too small. For significant results, you're almost guaranteeing yourself *years* of recovery with multiple surgeries.

Where are all the success stories? Where's the guy that lengthens 3+ inches, pays for surgery *once*, recovers & in 12-18 months and is living a normal life? I've read a lot of diaries. He doesn't exist. And because everyone here is desperate, it's overlooked. What's considered a "normal" complication and a "normal" trade off in order to get just a few inches taller becomes crazier and crazier.

To the OP, congratulations. I hope you've saved yourself. Take the money you would have spent on LL, put it into a mutual fund & enjoy your wealth/health instead of being stuck in a hospital and then struggling to run for the rest of your life.

Thatdude950

« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2015, 11:07:56 PM »

Theres another indian man called akash shukla who went from 4"11,5 to 5"2. And i think it improved his life a lot. He posts messages like "i knew the surgery wasnt going to make me tall but i am not that short anymore" he thinks he can beat up the whole world now by saying "i'm 6 ft in my mind" its funny to read it but he really thinks people dobt see him as really short anymore

Anyone that does this surgery is going to say they feel better because of how much they've invested into it.

I'd love something more objective. Is he making more money? Is he fking girls he had no chance with before? I would want some *significant* improvements if I were to cripple myself. Not something mild - a small boost that meditation and going to the gym would give me anyway.

hollandaa

« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2015, 11:12:16 PM »

Exactly! Thankyou for posting this.

To any impartial observer looking in, you guys are all crazy. Having your legs broken to gain 2 inches? Whether you're 5'2 or 5'11, it's not going to significantly alter your life. The safe amount to lengthen is too small. For significant results, you're almost guaranteeing yourself *years* of recovery with multiple surgeries.

Where are all the success stories? Where's the guy that lengthens 3+ inches, pays for surgery *once*, recovers & in 12-18 months and is living a normal life? I've read a lot of diaries. He doesn't exist. And because everyone here is desperate, it's overlooked. What's considered a "normal" complication and a "normal" trade off in order to get just a few inches taller becomes crazier and crazier.

To the OP, congratulations. I hope you've saved yourself. Take the money you would have spent on LL, put it into a mutual fund & enjoy your wealth/health instead of being stuck in a hospital and then struggling to run for the rest of your life.

Thank you. By losing my height neurosis i meant i have accepted my height becuz theres a very minimal chance i had stunted my growth in my teens. But i must admit i still wanna be taller so i can't say i wont do LL. i hope we can regenerate our growth plates soon so i can grow without any pain. But i would do ll if i had the money now

Thatdude950

« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2015, 11:30:07 PM »

A healthy, wealthy ripped 5'8 beats a semi crippled 5'10. 

LL is all about presence and aesthetics. It takes years and years of training to build your dream body - years and years of consistent work, dealing with minor injuries/setbacks etc. If you lengthen, there's 18 months down the drain, at least. & you're never going to be able to train like you could before. How many years until you get back into peak shape? 5? Never? There's a good chance you will be significantly weakened for life.

And if anyone is thinking "I'm not in good shape anyway, it doesn't apply to me" why the heck aren't you getting into shape & seeing if it changes your beliefs/possibilities first before considering LL???

hollandaa

« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2015, 11:45:24 PM »

A healthy, wealthy ripped 5'8 beats a semi crippled 5'10. 

LL is all about presence and aesthetics. It takes years and years of training to build your dream body - years and years of consistent work, dealing with minor injuries/setbacks etc. If you lengthen, there's 18 months down the drain, at least. & you're never going to be able to train like you could before. How many years until you get back into peak shape? 5? Never? There's a good chance you will be significantly weakened for life.

And if anyone is thinking "I'm not in good shape anyway, it doesn't apply to me" why the heck aren't you getting into shape & seeing if it changes your beliefs/possibilities first before considering LL???

If you arent into sport and wanna be taller so bad you wont care about you could be weakened for life. I have short legs. Very short tibia's, my knee height is 50/53 cm for a 5'8 guy. If i had the money i would call guichet right now to get 2 operations to get 12 cm taller

Alu

« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2015, 11:45:52 PM »

You're wrong "he" does exist. I considering Doingitforme and Programdude (both Paley patients) to fit this category. They lengthened to 8 CM and seem to be doing quite good for themselves. In retrospect Programdude went from average to above average/borderline tall. Where as DIFM went from short to average; but he's now in his consolidation phase even though he's had one of the best lengthening experiences I've read thus far. As for Programdude his recovery last time we checked is going well. However, for me personally I'd much rather go the route Vitruvius (from the old forum and another Paley patient) went and lengthen both segments. His recovery has been phenomenal in comparison. 

hollandaa

« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2015, 11:48:37 PM »

You're wrong "he" does exist. I considering Doingitforme and Programdude (both Paley patients) to fit this category. They lengthened to 8 CM and seem to be doing quite good for themselves. In retrospect Programdude went from average to above average/borderline tall. Where as DIFM went from short to average; but he's now in his consolidation phase even though he's had one of the best lengthening experiences I've read thus far. As for Programdude his recovery last time we checked is going well. However, for me personally I'd much rather go the route Vitruvius (from the old forum and another Paley patient) went and lengthen both segments. His recovery has been phenomenal in comparison.

I dont think you have to worry about anything if you do internals with guichet

Thatdude950

« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2015, 11:52:00 PM »

Have they posted videos?

Alu

« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2015, 11:52:27 PM »

Anyone that does this surgery is going to say they feel better because of how much they've invested into it.

I'd love something more objective. Is he making more money? Is he fking girls he had no chance with before? I would want some *significant* improvements if I were to cripple myself. Not something mild - a small boost that meditation and going to the gym would give me anyway.

You're wrong again. It's all about perspective. Monetary and dating benefits aside, going from one height to a taller one can be vastly empowering. Sure, let's not get it twisted he's only 5'2, and I feel for the guy, but you seriously don't think going from his original height to a vastly improved 5'2 wasn't worth it? Like really?! It makes me laugh at you for thinking so narrowly and cynically. We all have different goals and views on life; don't apply your own views to others that might not give a f*ck about those views.

Alu

« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2015, 11:55:10 PM »

Here's my post I made about Vitruvius mainly: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2638.0

Putting aesthetically pleasing proportions aside for this one, as we are focused on functionality, vitruvius has done quite well for himself. If you want more information just search his own thread in the old forum under the Paley Patient diaries.

DIFM and Programdude haven't done so yet but there would be no reason for them to lie about it.

Thatdude950

« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2015, 12:03:51 AM »

You're wrong again. It's all about perspective. Monetary and dating benefits aside, going from one height to a taller one can be vastly empowering. Sure, let's not get it twisted he's only 5'2, and I feel for the guy, but you seriously don't think going from his original height to a vastly improved 5'2 wasn't worth it? Like really?! It makes me laugh at you for thinking so narrowly and cynically. We all have different goals and views on life; don't apply your own views to others that might not give a f*ck about those views.

Money and dating aside? Where's the proof that lengthening improves either? Some guys are going into credit card debt @ god knows what interest rate to pay for this. They probably aren't working throughout recovery. Financially it's a disastrous decision. And I think the dating benefits are imagined.

If it's about perspective - its an extremely expensive, irreversible, painful, risky, time consuming way to change your perspective. A few months in Asia with a couple of grand would probably be a better choice.

Thatdude950

« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2015, 12:12:43 AM »

Here's my post I made about Vitruvius mainly: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2638.0

Putting aesthetically pleasing proportions aside for this one, as we are focused on functionality, vitruvius has done quite well for himself. If you want more information just search his own thread in the old forum under the Paley Patient diaries.

DIFM and Programdude haven't done so yet but there would be no reason for them to lie about it.

He looks OK!

But leg pressing 4 plates - he's about as strong as my girlfriend. To be fair though perhaps he will be able to gain a lot more strength over time - but that remains to be seen. Will his legs hold up?

And the jogging - what we don't see is how long he can go for without pain. A lot of diaries mention that running for over a few minutes is problematic. Sprinting? Forget about it. And he's now seriously pigeon toed - his gait did not look natural at all.

If having the strength of a woman and being able to awkwardly jog is considered a poster boy result for LL, I don't know what else to say. I don't think you are thinking clearly if you do this. Just my opinion.

Alu

« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2015, 12:19:10 AM »

Then why are you even here to begin with? I must ask.

Let's face it this surgery isn't about fixing our bodies or brains, it's to make it easier for us to cope with our lives. It is all those things you mentioned and possibly more, but so it's much worse going through life feeling like you're worthless because of something you're objectionably are, and will forever be. That's why people turn to this surgery because it is an empowering procedure. Also it's not like anyone who considers this is a high-level athlete who will return to high-intensity training. It really is about perspective. Which is why I'm not judging (as much) Descreteuser for deciding to through with it; even though I found his tone towards Penguin to be incredibly arrogant, insolent, and slightly twisted. (Seriously dude wtf)

The people who've fallen into debt have no other person to blame for then themselves, (even though I've not heard much about this going on), because they weren't smart enough to manage their time and money. Sorry but it's true.

Lastly, that video that I showed you was taken a year ago when he still had the PRECISE rods in place (1 year after his quadrilateral procedure in 2013), and from my more recent contact with him he's getting ready to participate in a marathon of sorts— one that he feels confident in.

Thatdude950

« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2015, 12:26:45 AM »

Then why are you even here to begin with? I must ask.

Let's face it this surgery isn't about fixing our bodies or brains, it's to make it easier for us to cope with our lives. It is all those things you mentioned and possibly more, but so it's much worse going through life feeling like you're worthless because of something you're objectionably are, and will forever be. That's why people turn to this surgery because it is an empowering procedure. Also it's not like anyone who considers this is a high-level athlete who will return to high-intensity training. It really is about perspective. Which is why I'm not judging (as much) Descreteuser for deciding to through with it; even though I found his tone towards Penguin to be incredibly arrogant, insolent, and slightly twisted. (Seriously dude wtf)

The people who've fallen into debt have no other person to blame for then themselves, (even though I've not heard much about this going on), because they weren't smart enough to manage their time and money. Sorry but it's true.

Lastly, that video that I showed you was taken a year ago when he still had the PRECISE rods in place (1 year after his quadrilateral procedure in 2013), and from my more recent contact with him he's getting ready to participate in a marathon of sorts— one that he feels confident in.

I found this site by chance & ended up lurking a lot, reading the diaries. I completely disagree that it's empowering in any way, but I'll leave it at that. I do appreciate that heightism exists - but I think the risk/reward, cost/benefit ratio of LL is way, way *way* off. All that time, money, pain and permanently diminished ability just for a few inches. A few inches which will likely have next to no change re: your experience of heightism.

Alu

« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2015, 12:43:25 AM »

See it is about perspective. All those things you said, all perspective based.   :) :) :)

We are all crazy, but at least most of us are informed about what we are getting ourselves into; which is why I was getting rather irritated at you for being slightly misinformed. (For example, some LL don't have problems with sprinting at all but with endurance.) I can fully admit to cherry picking my evidence against you, I mean I was using patients of the best doctor LL has to disprove your points, so that goes to show how important the doctor you chose is. But it also goes to show how nuanced lengthening is and how important it is to lengthen safe amounts (ex: 8cm in femurs seems to be good, but would proportionally limit you from going any further in your tibia: 5 CM in tibia or femurs is very much on the safe side for recovery and further lengthening.)

All in all, I can safety end by simply saying this; I'm crazy, everyone here is crazy, but it's our bodies and we're not really hurting anyone in society by undergoing this surgery, so why shouldn't we do what we want to our bodies if we are fully informed about what we are doing?

NewHeights

« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2015, 12:48:52 AM »

i dont care where he's from.. if he's gonna say its not worth going from average to tall, why should it be worth going from very short to short? Every single person on this site has an internal problem, whether they like to admit it or not.. Generally the really short guys seem to get very frustrated at us taller guys as if we have no right to be here.. e are all crazy for even considering this, the difference is i admit im crazy, alot of guys on here dont.. think that they dont have any internal problems, and that they are doing this cause they have tow.. no one on here HAS to do this..

I think you post is pretty accurate. It is scary that most members on this forum can't admit, see, or acknowledge that they are a bit crazy.
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

Thatdude950

« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2015, 12:58:24 AM »

See it is about perspective. All those things you said, all perspective based.   :) :) :)

We are all crazy, but at least most of us are informed about what we are getting ourselves into; which is why I was getting rather irritated at you for being slightly misinformed. (For example, some LL don't have problems with sprinting at all but with endurance.) I can fully admit to cherry picking my evidence against you, I mean I was using patients of the best doctor LL has to disprove your points, so that goes to show how important the doctor you chose is. But it also goes to show how nuanced lengthening is and how important it is to lengthen safe amounts (ex: 8cm in femurs seems to be good, but would proportionally limit you from going any further in your tibia: 5 CM in tibia or femurs is very much on the safe side for recovery and further lengthening.)

All in all, I can safety end by simply saying this; I'm crazy, everyone here is crazy, but it's our bodies and we're not really hurting anyone in society by undergoing this surgery, so why shouldn't we do what we want to our bodies if we are fully informed about what we are doing?

Sure. But there are people out there who are convinced that they'd be happier without, for example, one of their legs. They want to be disabled and lose one of their limbs. That's their perspective - it's valid, but it's still insane.

The fact that heightism exists, and the fact you're "only" breaking both your legs makes LL little less extreme and more logical, but not by much - because a few inches isn't going to have a significant affect re: heightism, and it's major, debilitating surgery. The arguments in favour of it are rationalisations from, in my opinion people that are probably feeling very desperate and want badly for LL to be an answer to their problems.

Alu

« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2015, 01:08:18 AM »

My absolute final word about it would be two things, read about other people's perspectives about what it's like being taller then before, such as Vitruvius (on the old forum), Doingitforme, RGKEY.

And secondly do what I did for a week; wear lifts to a desired height, in my case that was 8-10 cm. I felt much more confident around people as I felt more average and confident about myself as I moved around my city. Sure there were times where I felt shorter compared to those who were 5'10+ but I was so okay with that. But, once my experiment was over, and I went back to my normal height, all that diminished. I'm now crazy as I want to make that feeling permanent, but I'm fully aware of the trails and tribulations I will face and I know what's best for my body.   

Uppland

« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2015, 01:29:52 AM »

He looks OK!

But leg pressing 4 plates - he's about as strong as my girlfriend. To be fair though perhaps he will be able to gain a lot more strength over time - but that remains to be seen. Will his legs hold up?

And the jogging - what we don't see is how long he can go for without pain. A lot of diaries mention that running for over a few minutes is problematic. Sprinting? Forget about it. And he's now seriously pigeon toed - his gait did not look natural at all.

If having the strength of a woman and being able to awkwardly jog is considered a poster boy result for LL, I don't know what else to say. I don't think you are thinking clearly if you do this. Just my opinion.

That guy is a rather extreme example as he lengthened both segments simultaneously and gained 11CM overall.

He is not, by any means, the posterboy for LL. The most successful example would have to be shyshy who did 7,5CM in one segment and recovered more or less completely. Check out his diary.

G-Man

« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2015, 04:08:15 AM »

Meh, I don't feel the need to justify myself or seek acknowledgement.  I put the emphasis on the "C" of CLL, to me it is a cosmetic surgery to improve my appearance.  I'll be the same (good looking ;)) guy, 2 inches taller and enjoying the whole physical/psychological experience to the fullest.

To quote a fellow ller "Being through this, I can tell that even ONE centimeter is very noticeable!!!" 

Penguinn

« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2015, 06:21:17 AM »

Because 5'2 to 5'5 improves your life internally(for yourself) and externally(from outside sources). And 5'2 to 5'5 is huge, seeing as the average for my age of boys is about 5'7 and 90% of girls are between 5'2 and 5'5. The average height for a generation before me is 5'5. Also to answer your question, I really don't mind being short. I just think 5'2 is a bit too short. I don't want to be 'tall' or even the perfect average. I'd put "I wanna be tall" on my Christmas list but not a life dream lol.

At 5'11 I highly doubt external sources are going to notice a big difference.

And don't get so upset over it. If it means that much to you do it, it's your decision after all. I just haven't met anyone who thinks 5'11 is short or even short-ish.

theuprising

« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2015, 09:10:45 AM »

To Thatdude950

How tall are you?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up