Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: i think ive lost my height neurosis  (Read 29182 times)

Thatdude950

Re: i think ive lost my height neurosis
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2015, 01:38:48 PM »

That guy is a rather extreme example as he lengthened both segments simultaneously and gained 11CM overall.

He is not, by any means, the posterboy for LL. The most successful example would have to be shyshy who did 7,5CM in one segment and recovered more or less completely. Check out his diary.

I had a look. His recovery is great, and the best I've seen by a long, long way. I've gotta call BS on his 55 second 400m time though, heh. Talented high school athletes run about 52, and by crossfit standards anything under 65 seconds is considered elite. There's no way he's running a 55 second 400. But anyway - his result is great.

But I'll say this. He had already established himself as a man. He had a career, he had wealth, he had maturity. He wasn't desperate. He was able to see the best doctor, and he got what he paid for ($70,000+ USD)

I think a lot of young guys here aren't being honest with themselves.

If you're a guy that feels like a loser before LL, a few measly inches isn't going to make a difference. You're still going to be lacking in money, experience, aesthetics etc. And doing LL just puts you even further behind the game. Instead of being 5'6 and invisible, you'll be 5'8 and invisible. Believe me, there are a bunch of guys that are over 6ft and still don't get laid!

Now, you can tell yourself that it's "only" your height holding you back. But you young guys need to be honest. Are you good looking? Do you have money? Are you fit? Do you have a career? What gives you value? You aren't special. Unless you've built yourself into someone, height is nothing.  You may glance over those questions and answer "yes", but be real. This isn't high school, this is the real world. You're competing with the handsome, tall millionaires of the world.

If you save that 70k that was to be used for LL, you could have borrowed another 100k against that, invested it in a mutual fund and been well on your way financially. Saving your first 100k or so is a bitch, and you guys are throwing it away. It'll take you years to make it back. The same can be said for building your body, refining your social skills ... it all takes years of diligent work. LL is forcing you further behind the game.

Unless you young guys already have high sexual market value and height is *actually* the only thing holding you back, this surgery is going to harm your SMV, not increase it because it's going to deepen your obsession with height and, if you're young put you in a financial hole that will be hard to climb out of.

To Thatdude950

How tall are you?

5'11

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2017, 11:54:14 AM »

you are 5'2..  you think its worth you going from being extremely short to still very short? answer me that.. to be honest with you, i think if you are that short to begin with, you are always going to be really short.. yeah you may feel better for a while, but i can say the same thing, is it worth you breaking your legs to be still short anyway? i dont question anyway else on here for doing it.. so why is it you think taller people cant do it ey? if you are 5'2 do you honestly think you are ever gonna be happy getting to a height that is still really short? f*ck sake you would have to lengthen 5 inches just to get to a so called 'normal short' height.. you think you are honestly gonna pull that off and not look completely unnatural? i think going from 5'11 to 6'1 is way more worth it than 5'2 to 5'5.. so please tell me mr penguin? how is it that its not worth it for me, but will be for you? im going from being just above average to being tall, and will forever be comfortable knowing im satisfied with my height.. you are going from extremely short to very short, how will this improve your life any more than it will mine?

Just wanted to reopen this to say this post was really  -ish. This guy, "Descreteur", just telling Penguinn that more or less, his life is not worth living because he's never gonna be not short. Wow. This guy should learn some perspective and know that not every man in the world wants to be tall. I know it's old and this user is long gone, but this post was just so incredibly mean that I had to criticize it.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Out of Touch

• Visitor
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2017, 02:40:43 PM »

^ That guy didn't realise that Penguin is from India and the average is 5'7 or less? 5'5 would be normal-short or average range.

---

Height neurosis is a funny thing. I read countless diaries of LL in 2010, and then thought I lost the neuroses during 2011-2015. Now I'm in the LL obsession stage again since 2016. This time with the $$$.
~168.5cm at night (5'6 1/2)

Goals: 6.5cm femur and 5cm tibia

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2017, 03:18:40 PM »

^ Even if the average in India was higher, the guy didn't realize that LL can still be worth it if you are short afterwards. He thought only as a tall man you had a reason to live. Which was very arrogant.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2017, 05:20:30 PM »

Typical /r/short way of thinking.
Unless you are 6' you are waste of life.

It's not surgery to make you tall but to make you taller, that's huge difference.

Alu

« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2017, 07:05:57 PM »

Nah DsicreteUser was always one giant self-absorbed cunt.

Bander72

« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2017, 09:07:08 PM »

I used to think that way as well before  reading the stories of people here who did feel discrimination for being short.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Jack1066

« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2017, 12:42:40 AM »

First, 5'2 to 5'5 obviously makes a big difference, many women would actually give a guy a chance so long as he is her height or taller (I mean if you actually mix with nice women) and people will actually listen to you talk instead of just laughing in your face at your height. 5'5 is no longer a *freakish* height, I see guys that height every day. I don't often see 5'2 guys.

When it comes to the "6'0 or GTFO" bullcrap. 5'8, where I'm at, is nothing to complain about, but I want to add a couple of inches so obviously I know that taller is better. Nonetheless, I, who have a somewhat prepubescent face, am skinny, nerdy, and pretty dorky, on top of my slightly-less-than-desirable height, have never had any real trouble with girls. I know a guy who is 6'3, looks about 10 years older than me (in a good way), isn't as much of a cagey ahole as me (I'm not an ahole in a sxxy way btw, according to my ex anyway), is well built, and has never had a girlfriend. I duno, but I just don't think height has factored into his problem except perhaps ironically in a negative way. Maybe it would have been better if he was 2 inches shorter haha. I wish we he could donate me 2 inches. I think he might look intimidating to some women.

P.S. I read a great study into height and attractiveness with a really solid methodology- unfortunately I can't find it now, but I think it was in some Wikipedia footnote or something. I was quite pleasantly surprised at it. I think it was a sort of picture test. Basically, heights between 5'10 and 6'2 got virtually identical scores on attractiveness, I think 5'11-6'1 got a tiny bit higher but not much at all. 6'3 wasn't actually any better than 5'8, and 5'8 and 6'3 was within about the third most attractive range of height out of about 10. 6'4 + were all better than the shorter heights which got exponentially a lot more miserable. It wasn't actually much better being 6'8 than 5'3 though (as a 5'2 woman would you want a guy an inch taller or 18 inches, say, at some point it just becomes impractical). I mean it seems I'd rather be 5'10 than 6'3 which is pretty amazing, and overall I'd say the gold spot is the 50-85th percentile. Plus my sister, my a priori source, says really tall men, like above 6'2, look gross.

TL;DR average is good, a bit shorter is OK, tallish to solidly tall is great, and so long as you're taller than the woman you like it hopefully doesn't really matter. Anyways, just consider that from a 5'8 guy :P
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 02:03:49 AM by Jack1066 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up