Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Smallguy External Tibiae Dr. Sarin 2013  (Read 75446 times)

ChrisIsaak

Re: Smallguy External Tibiae Dr. Sarin 2013
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2014, 02:06:00 AM »

Smallguy, that would be totally awesome!  :D  Did that girl notice your new height - how did you explain? A chapter 4 would be great. Take care buddy.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 02:10:57 AM by ChrisIsaak »

Sweatpants

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2014, 02:27:27 AM »

Instead of meeting her ever again, I met someone else different this weekend. She`s a 5`8 girl, who rejected me 2 years ago. Her persona about me totally changed. If anyone is interested in finding out what happen, let me know and I can write chapter 4 this weekend :D

Me. I am interested  :D

Doflamingo

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2014, 10:43:01 PM »

What are you going to do about that x leg?

BilateralDamage

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2014, 02:18:47 AM »

I'd love to see some more diary updates from you Smallguy.  It's a real treat to read :)

RGKEY

• just take it day by day
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2014, 04:36:58 AM »

I'd love to see some more diary updates from you Smallguy.  It's a real treat to read :)

hey big guy!)) good luck with everything you are looking awesome)))
i think on one of your feet u have some ballerina or maybe I'm wrong, but in any case is very small, i dont think u will have that much problems like others. Im a little concern about your knee can you straighten them? i hope u didnt develop knee contraction while lengthening, this might cause you pain on the knee in the future. Take it easy with the work out)) your proportions look amazing) really good not issues in that department) hey take care and date many girls, sooner or later you will realize that there is no point in having an obsession for one girl, there will be many girls who u can love and will fit u perfectly)

Rgkey
RGKEY 2.0
Original height. 163.5cms. Current height 172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13 Tibias 9 centimeters

Smallguy

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2014, 08:15:29 AM »

Chris, Sweatpants, BD, thanks for your interest.

So here we go. This is just my personal life. It doesn't have anything to do with LL.

Chapter 4

I was planning on updating my diary on the 17th, which is when I see my doctor regarding my legs discrepancy and x-leg. But sure, I will tell you what I've been up to during the last couple of weeks. I want to be faithful to this diary because I want to make this forum better than the other one. We've been trying for a very long time and I think we are succeeding in a small way.

During the last couple of weeks, I've been studying for an exam but I bumped into this chick who dumped me two years ago. That's alright because I don't have any emotional attachment to her. She's a beauty queen, very attractive but also very boring to hang around with. Even the first time I met her 2 years earlier, she told me straight away that she only liked tall guys. Quite reasonable considering she's 5'8. After a few weeks, I was tired of being in the friend-zone, so I tried to kiss her. That's when she cut me off :(

I met her again 2 years later at Tim Horton and despite having previously hand out together for a month, she couldn't recognize me at all. But her persona about me has changed. I feel that she is kind of interested in me now relative to before. I got her contact again and was planning on getting back with her after the exam.

Unfortunately for her, I met someone better at the library this Saturday. I got the picture to prove this, And on Sunday, I met another girl who is better than both of them. She's only 18 (who could beat that). She was cute but fairly short. But on Tuesday, I met a girl, 21, who is really really cute. I was texting her this week. She seemed interested. (her only downfall is she's a bit short). But this last Wednesday, I met someone who is really hot who I wouldn't mind marry at all. Her sitting height is similar with mine and I think if she stands up, she's not that much shorter than me. I first looked up because of her perfume.... so in summary, you won't be hearing about the 5'8 in the 1st paragraph again.

I've revealed so much about myself in this forum. So most of you know. I'm very far from being a Casanova. I've been single for over a year. I'm not that articulate nor good-looking. But what I got going for me is that I'm very well-dressed, educated and also have good-manner. I'm very calm (never feel nervous) after all the  s I've been through. So people tend to feel very comfortable around me.

On top of that, I'm blessed to be living in a very short-people friendly city. Our city has a very large Asian population, who are generally shorter than white people. So not only is the average height here is less than it is in Europe but short people here can have some leverage to fall back on. I often see some short white dude who has probably been rejected by all the white girls, now dating Asian girls. Last week, I walked past a guy who was only 5'0 and he was holding hand with a very cute Japanese chick. I thought I wouldn't mind her being my girlfriend. She was cute.

My city is also brimming with dating opportunities. The weather here is very moderate. It is never too cold nor too hot. So you see people going outside all the time. A lot of students also come over here for studying because they believe that Canada is a relatively safe country to be in compare to her neighbour. So if you come to downtown (like I do everyday), you will see mostly young people hanging out. And quite often if I want, I'm invited by some stranger to a foreign house-party. My city is landlocked and every where is a short-distance away. In the north, we have the mountain, and to the west, we have the sea. We have several beautiful beaches where you can take your dates out to watch the sunset and if you want, you can go all the way up to the mountain at night to gaze at the stars.

Because of this, I feel like every time I walk outside is an opportunity for a romantic encounter. I have to study for an exam but can't concentrate at home. So I thought if I see someone interesting, I mind as well as talk to them. Life is too short to miss every opportunity.

How to meet girls at the library.. my preference is beautiful educated women.

First of all, I like to make a quick tour around the library to see if there is someone I find interesting... like a very attractive woman sitting at a table. So last Saturday, I walked around and was stopped by the smell of perfume. I turned around and it was this girl. She didn't give me any eye contact so I thought she wasn't interested. The second time I past along to go to the washroom, there was an announcement that the library will be closing in 30 minutes. So I came up and ask her if she knew of any good places to study (lame excuse as I'm a resident here). I was trying to ask simple questions following up by harder ones. But instead of answering my question, she just said, "sure, let's go." And I said, sure let's go where? And then, we both went to eat at a restaurant and after that we went to watch a movie. I'm not sure if my height has helped me with this one because I have done this before LL.

Here's the library

We went to watch non-stop. It was a boring movie. Canada's population is like what you see in the picture. Lots of spaces but very few people. You can see her hand to my left.

Here is my favourite beach

I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Cyber

• Private
  • Visitor
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2014, 10:16:09 AM »

Awesome update Smallguy!

How is your overall recovery going aside from the things you need to visit your doctor about?

It seems like that place in Canada has a lot of oppurtunities for romantic encounters.

Keep us updated!

mediocre

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2014, 10:28:51 AM »

Great post. Get cozy if you need to update.

So, every time you go inside a library, I wish you "Happy Hunting, bro!"
;)

RGKEY

« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2014, 12:03:25 PM »

awesome dude)) Im so glad reading your romantic stories, i get butterfly in my stomach! lol
but, really it is awesome you are enjoying your height!)
Libraries are awesome specially for relax guys like you! i prefer mall or streets, but libraries are definitely good)))
so now you are actually taller than john saint pierre)))

Rgkey
RGKEY 2.0

BilateralDamage

« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2014, 03:41:51 PM »

My city is also brimming with dating opportunities. The weather here is very moderate. It is never too cold nor too hot. So you see people going outside all the time. A lot of students also come over here for studying because they believe that Canada is a relatively safe country to be in compare to her neighbour. So if you come to downtown (like I do everyday), you will see mostly young people hanging out. And quite often if I want, I'm invited by some stranger to a foreign house-party. My city is landlocked and every where is a short-distance away. In the north, we have the mountain, and to the west, we have the sea. We have several beautiful beaches where you can take your dates out to watch the sunset and if you want, you can go all the way up to the mountain at night to gaze at the stars.

Man, you're really good at selling your hometown!  That sounds like just the place I'd want to live, especially for the weather (I can't stand too hot/too cold).

Great update man, it seems like things are going well for you (especially in the women department!)

Smallguy

« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2014, 12:54:08 AM »

Doflamingo - I will get back to you on this one on the 17th.

Cyber - Thanks. Can run, jump, and kick. Don't feel any pain. I'm still in contact with some of Sarin's patients who have done this during the same time with me. I can say 8/11 foreign patients are okay now. There is one guy who has to go to Paley for bone non-union but he is incredibly happy because his insurance covers for it. Sweden is experiencing pain. And myself with legs discrepancy.

BD - After re-reading my diary, I also feel like moving to that same city I mention! I didn't tell you that I personally have 2 rain coats just to stay dry and be fashionable. Machine's roommate was here in December. He also agreed that it is easier to pick up women here than it is in his working-city of Edmonton.

Once you finish your LL, you will feel the effect of being taller too. I've been using the same lines, same speech, and asking the same questions as I have before LL. But I feel that my success rating as well as my confident level has increased by 50%. Of course, height doesn't carry you through to bed with someone, but it does help you in the physical department.

Rgkey - Hey, my goal is to be tall like George Saint Pierre. He is 180cm. I'm 176cm during the day and 177cm in the morning with my strand of hair :)

Oh, that 2nd video was to demonstrate to Sweden that LLer could do Tae Kwon Do after recovery. Otherwise, even if I think I could win, I wouldn't choose to pick a fight with anyone these days. Too much risk involved (like a broken nose) and it's totally not worth it.

Medicore - Get cozy, sure :)

"While we were watching the movie non-stop at the movie theatre, I was really bored. So I slowly get hold of her left hand and held it with mine. A flush of testosterone rushes through my body and some kinky thoughts of what we should do afterward conjure up in my mind... to be continue" :)

Maybe I made it sound easy but it's not. Up until now, I haven't tried to hit on any supermodel or any female above 5'10 and up. Such feat would require a tremendous amount of preparation, like 50 hours at the gym, speech-therapy, and wearing a special type of cologne. Otherwise, if I fail, no amount of future LL could make up for my crash of self-confidence.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Smallguy

« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2014, 01:06:27 AM »

hey big guy!)) good luck with everything you are looking awesome)))
i think on one of your feet u have some ballerina or maybe I'm wrong, but in any case is very small, i dont think u will have that much problems like others. Im a little concern about your knee can you straighten them? i hope u didnt develop knee contraction while lengthening, this might cause you pain on the knee in the future. Take it easy with the work out)) your proportions look amazing) really good not issues in that department) hey take care and date many girls, sooner or later you will realize that there is no point in having an obsession for one girl, there will be many girls who u can love and will fit u perfectly)

Rgkey

Thanks for the advice buddy. I was motivated to get this one back but maybe like you said, it's not worth it.

Nice observation. I am wearing 0.5 lifts. Don't feel like taking them off yet. But if I do my ballerina will disappear :D

My knees were like that. Actually, they were worst before but LL made my legs more straight.

RGKEY

« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2014, 01:43:15 AM »

mmm I thought GSP was 177cm, at least that is what says on his body description))))
yes, picking up fights is not worth it, unless it is just for fun where you can stop the fight at anytime if anyone is getting hurt)))) well I like fighting but not out of anger which is totally different story))) Anger in general is bad for your own, it is like stabbing your self in the heart and expecting the other person to die)))

please keep us updated!!

you are in Canada, Well I will be in NY we are are not that far away from each other)) maybe one day Ill jump over to Canada area, would be great to meet with you!

RGKEY 2.0

Smallguy

« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2014, 06:04:16 AM »

For sure, I told my friends in India that if anyone visit Vancouver, they can sleep on my couch. And I can be your tourist guide too if you ever head over here.

Vancouver is famous for its skiing resorts, mountains, and outdoors.

Yup, I love sparring too (practice fighting one on one). That's why I plan on joining a kick-boxing club after my busy schedule settles down.

Blablabla

• Visitor
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2014, 12:40:11 PM »

Are you asian smallguy ?? Do you like Exo? bAp? Block b ? XD
And btw can you write more about your romantic days, it´s so cool xD

Smallguy

« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2014, 06:21:22 AM »

Hey Smallguy,

Your x-leg can be corrected without surgery? What do you have to do, strengthen muscles?

No, it has to be corrected with surgery. My doctor is the best orthopedic surgeon in Vancouver and probably in North America. I think he is even better than Paley. I checked his rating online and he appeared to have done miracles for people. And he is not about money. Every time I come to see him, there is always students there learning from him. And I believe Paley was also trained in Canada and specifically in Ontario previously so I think Canada has one of the world best medical education. Anyway, I can't disclose my doc's name; otherwise, my identify will be revealed :D

Actually, Paley is Canadian too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dror_Paley

After looking at my x-ray, he said he knows that I have suffered a lot. I have endured a great deal of insult to my legs he said. As the result, I have to wait until fall to come back to him for reassessment. My recovery at the moment is not well enough to endure another major surgery. He said what I really wanted to hear. He said he will correct my all of my problems. And my leg discrepancy is not that much as I assumed. He measured from my hip bone down to my feet for both legs, and the discrepancy is only 4mm, which is normal.

My plate was inserted bent. As the result my bone was healed bently. And then the axis of my tibas are totally off, which result in x-leg or knock knee as they call it here. He said it doesn't need to be corrected. But I'm a perfectionist and since I pay a lot of taxes, I like it to be corrected. So my legs can be straight finally :D

The surgery will be expected in 2015. It will involve the re-breaking of the tibia one at a time. So I can still move around using crutches and walking with one-leg. And the time apart between each tibia will be 6-months. So my dream of going abroad in 2015 for another LL adventure is ruin. I wonder what I will do with all the money I will save up.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 06:41:40 AM by Smallguy »

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2014, 06:48:50 AM »

Yes, I have a high regard for medicine in Canada. I hope I don't have to pay out of pocket either for any future treatment. I felt guilt at first, but I've already paid my fair share of taxes into the system, and I have decades more of money yet to be injected into it, so I don't feel as guilty as I initially did for wanting to utilize the services we pay for.

I just pray the government continues to impose high standards of conduct and only allow Canadian trained doctors to practice in the future. I know of too many instances of people going to shady Caribbean and Eastern European (Romania, Hungary) medical schools wanting to come back to Canada with mediocre skills in an attempt to cash in. The application process and acceptance into Canadian medical schools is extremely competitive with stringent criteria. If your doctor has an MD degree from Canada, you can pretty much guarantee he's legitimate. That's cool to learn about Paley. Didn't know he was a Canadian boy.

BTW, is the doctor going to remove your nails during those surgeries?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 06:58:28 AM by Polycrates. »
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

IamAndrew

« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2014, 11:23:27 AM »

Smallguy,

Your legs look great after 5 surgeries and 8 cm. Your recovery is inspirational. I'm glad to see Dr. Sarin still did a decent job despite the setbacks too. India is shaping up to be the place I look at having my external tibias done someday (6.5-7 cm).

I'm sorry about what happened with your ex-lover. However, looking at it from her POV, it's totally understandable why she left. She liked you just as you were but you didn't care and opted to spend months upon months away from her for an elective procedure that risked your health and financial well-being. Also, it's a procedure most people find to be totally insane and immature. To her it was probably like you saying, "I don't care what you think and I don't want to spend my time with you, I rather go do something crazy and dangerous for many months." Don't be bitter towards her or towards love because of that, IMO. You starved a loving dog and then felt crossed because it went to get food elsewhere....

Just my 2 cents after reading 2 pages. I'll be back another time to finish this thread. 6:00 AM and had a long Saturday (working...).

-Andy
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 11:38:50 AM by IamAndrew »
Height MAX: 172 CM
Wingspan: 183 CM
Goal: 178 CM - external tibia

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2014, 12:07:56 PM »

Hey Andrew,

I think you should view it as being, he came out decently intact, despite Dr. Sarin, rather than thinking Sarin played some hand in resolving a vicious complication. Sarin himself was the complication. I'll let smallguy speak for himself. If you do come to India, I implore you to scrutinize the doctor you choose. Don't believe anything you've been sold on the internet.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

shawty

« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2014, 06:03:48 PM »

Hey Small guy,

Did you LON/LATN or purely external?

Thanks!

Sweden

« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2014, 09:26:18 PM »

His pic in the OP doesn't look bad. He could have some success if he goes clubbing. Most girls wouldn't know what he did to his legs.

But the video of his walking makes him looked stilted and his twisted smile reminds me of the joker in batman. But he still looks good (I'm jealous)

You're still aiming for femurs next year?

Me 2  :)

How are you now? Did you remove your nail and plate? Pain? Aches? Can you run? Sprint?

I ran for the first time yesterday, 2-3 kilometers. No pain. I just lack stamina.
I can kick pretty hard, I already knocked one guy out so my new legs seem to work. But it's still extremely far from what it once were.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Smallguy

« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2014, 03:40:29 AM »

is that you Sweden? judging by the comment it doesn't seem you

In defence of Dr. Sarin and contrary to what people want to hear, he was quite a good doctor. I have no monetary gain by saying this, and in fact, I haven't communicated with him for a year and am not planning on coming back there. I'm just a guy with a long memory. He treated us well and took good care of us. Not to mention, we saved a load of money by completing our dream with him. I'm still in contact with many of his non-indian patients. We all made it through and enjoying our lives with our new height gain.

Smallguy

« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2014, 04:16:16 AM »

Are you asian smallguy ?? Do you like Exo? bAp? Block b ? XD
And btw can you write more about your romantic days, it´s so cool xD

Hey, I'm asian. You?

Thanks for your comment. Romance is every guy's favourite topic. We spend so much time and money on our looks and cars, and work so hard for on career, just in hope of one day attracting the desired woman of our dream. Woman only dates a man of higher status than they are just as men only dates women they are comfortable showing their friends to.

Yes, I have a high regard for medicine in Canada. I hope I don't have to pay out of pocket either for any future treatment. I felt guilt at first, but I've already paid my fair share of taxes into the system, and I have decades more of money yet to be injected into it, so I don't feel as guilty as I initially did for wanting to utilize the services we pay for.

.....That's cool to learn about Paley. Didn't know he was a Canadian boy.

BTW, is the doctor going to remove your nails during those surgeries?

Hey my doctor will remove Sarin's plates and nails during the surgery. He will have to rebreak the bone to correct the x legs and add on his own plates. Then once I recover, I can plan for what I want to do next with my life. Yay!

Smallguy,

Your legs look great after 5 surgeries and 8 cm. Your recovery is inspirational. I'm glad to see Dr. Sarin still did a decent job despite the setbacks too. India is shaping up to be the place I look at having my external tibias done someday (6.5-7 cm).

I'm sorry about what happened with your ex-lover. However, looking at it from her POV, it's totally understandable why she left. She liked you just as you were but you didn't care and opted to spend months upon months away from her for an elective procedure that risked your health and financial well-being. Also, it's a procedure most people find to be totally insane and immature. To her it was probably like you saying, "I don't care what you think and I don't want to spend my time with you, I rather go do something crazy and dangerous for many months." Don't be bitter towards her or towards love because of that, IMO. You starved a loving dog and then felt crossed because it went to get food elsewhere....

Just my 2 cents after reading 2 pages. I'll be back another time to finish this thread. 6:00 AM and had a long Saturday (working...).

-Andy

Thanks for the advice bro. So brutal but so true.

Hey Small guy,

Did you LON/LATN or purely external?

Thanks!

We did LON with Sarin.

You're still aiming for femurs next year?

Me 2  :)

How are you now? Did you remove your nail and plate? Pain? Aches? Can you run? Sprint?

I ran for the first time yesterday, 2-3 kilometers. No pain. I just lack stamina.
I can kick pretty hard, I already knocked one guy out so my new legs seem to work. But it's still extremely far from what it once were.

Hey Sweden. I can run at 7 miles per hour up to 10 minutes, which makes me the fastest runner at my gym. As everybody here is a body builder, no one cares about cardio. So I have no one to compare myself to. I haven't tried to physically test myself by sprinting yet as I haven't though much about LL for a while. My main concerns these days is about not becoming fat. I've been counting my caloric intake versus what I expended through workout.

Pain - no pain
Aches - no aches
Run - 7 miles per hour? I feel I can run faster than before due to having longer stride, however.
Sprint - in terms of that burst of moment, I think I'm not as quick as before. But I feel that I can work on it if I try. I don't try anymore as I'm not a professional athlete.

Wow. Good for you. I knew you had the best recovery out of all of us. Yeah, I also feel that you will lose a certain amount of agility through LL. But as my past-time is clubbing... and maybe kick-boxing in the future... I don't really mind so much about getting back that burst of moment as I had prior to LL. Glad to hear that you will consider femur despite all the loss of your physical power.

Me 3. I will consider LL asap... as soon as my doctor here fixes my x legs. I will go for another 6cm :D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 04:23:31 AM by Smallguy »

Sweden

« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2014, 11:14:25 AM »

Is the X-legs really still that bad?

Please post a picture of your current status on X-legs.

crimsontide

« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2014, 02:54:45 AM »

shorty.... there is plating, which does not cause knee pain...

i didn't find photos here showing x legs?

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2014, 05:08:53 PM »

that insane guy was harsh, but the things he said are partly true.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Smallguy

« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2014, 06:05:52 AM »

I have one question, do you have knee pain? The debate over LON/LATN vs externals only is still playing in my mind with LON/LATN patients having some sort of knee pain even after recovery. What are your thoughts on that and has your knee recovered well?
Thanks

Hey ShortMcShort. Nice name.. haha. I feel we have something in common already. Yeah, the x-leg is quite noticeable. I have forgotten about it for a long time until now that someone has reminded me about it. But I will get it fixed just for the sake of it. I'm a perfectionist (and because we pay a lot of taxes here - it's about time I get some of it back).

LON - I don't have any knee pain with LON but other people have. And there are more people with knee pain than those who don't. So I think you have safer with being plated or going externally. But personally, because I don't have pain, I will go with LON.

I can't bear external but the down time is too great and I like to lengthen a lot. My left tibia is also plated. Like LON, it doesn't bother me but I can feel the plate along my shin when I feel my finger along it and it is more invasive. For these reasons, I believe LON is a cleaner approach and I will go with LON. However, my surgeon here in Canada prefers plate and I think he will have me plated when I undergo the x-leg correction.

..... I love chuckling at your clueless comments.

I don't care to post and I certainly didn't post in your diary. You very well know the comments were moved by admin.
I don't need to make you feel bad about your botched legs. It was certainly a joy to laugh at your comical babbling.

I'm glad you find my comments humorous :D

And you are correct. My diary is served for others not to follow.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Is the X-legs really still that bad?

Please post a picture of your current status on X-legs.

It is the same as before. Sure, I will share a video this weekend!

I don't see why you need to put such a harsh, belittling, and insulting tone in your comments. Take Smallguy's comments however you'd like, but realize that he is not trying to convince anyone to go to Dr. Sarin and will get no money if anyone does. There's nothing at all wrong with him liking the experience he had with his doctor, even if you don't, and then stating so. He is a valuable resource to this community as he can contribute valuable recollections and images of his experience, updates on his recovery, and a friendly personality and acceptable/tolerable manner or writing posts and helping others. You have contributed absolutely none of those things so far. Have you even had LL? If not, then I don't consider you a valuable member of this site at all, given the way you've been acting. You are effectively a troll on this site, so far. Feel free to read and glean the information that's graciously been made available to you on this site, but please don't post again until you can show basic etiquette and respect.

Thanks for the backup. It's quite clear of who I will choose to go with for femur LL in 2015 in my signature field. And Dr. Sarin is unfortunately not one of the options. He kind and helpful to us. He waved me the fee for 1 month of stay and, like Sweden said, made himself available to us 24 hours when we have problems. But with the options available at the moment and the range of doctors to choose from, I wouldn't want to go back to India and wouldn't want to recommend Sarin. If he was the only LL doctor available - sure. But there are so many better options available at the moment.

2 years ago, we were misled by Sysop and there were a number of successful diaries. The price was also perfect. Of course, with the info available at that time, it wasn't a bad idea to go to India for LL. But had I know the amount of complications and risk involved, I would have paid more and gone somewhere else that would provide a higher margin of safety. Dr Sarin gets the job done and if you're lucky, you'll get a smooth journey. But if not lucky, you get what you pay for. However, as you read from other diaries from more expensive doctors, their patients are not complications free.

I think Dr. Sarin has a chance to make his side business more successful if he wasn't so sloppy and careless. I have seen a handful of successful patients. Just 10 minutes before my final operations, I recalling seeing him arguing on his cellphone. And we spent another 5 minutes in the operation room, which resemble an animal slaughter house, to debate with him about my 8cm all or nothing goal. Luckily he gave in and gave me 8cm... something which a doctor in the west wouldn't take the chance.

Questions..

1. If Dr. Sarin was the only doctor in the world, would I go to do LL with him? - Sure. Sorry, if I will make some short people on here feel bad, but being short is so hard and difficult. Every day you wake up with a barrel of weight on your shoulder. Maybe that is why some of us are here. But my life at the moment is so much better than ever in my existence and that's just because of the increment in height gain.

2. How much would I pay for LL? Less than 55k. I think anything over this is overpriced for someone who makes less than 80k per year (like me).. sure you get the comfort and the higher margin of safety, but your life will still suck coming back with a load of debt.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:25:46 AM by Smallguy »

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2014, 07:02:55 AM »

Agreed, anything more than 55-60k is just too much money, the prices that Dr Paley and Guichet charge are just ridiculous if you ask me. But you do get peace of mind.
I also earn just about 80k a year, minus tax and its much less.

So if you were to go ahead with internal femurs, who would you go with if I may ask? If you weren't planning on fixing your x-legs next year first, who would be your preferred internal doctor atm?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 07:15:44 AM by ShortyMcShort »

Sweden

« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2014, 10:10:45 AM »

If anyone would earn that kind of money they wouldn't need to work more than 3-4 years to become financially free - it they did things right.

You cod easily do femurs with Jamal. I met him and he seemed like a honest good man.

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2014, 11:26:38 AM »

I was dead set on Jamal as well for internal femurs before, all the diaries about Dr Jamal say he is an honest man and I believe them. But all Jamal diaries have a few things in common 1/ Distraction and clicking problems 2/ Their recoveries are so long and callus formation is ever so little during distraction, case in point Emanuel is still not consolidated after 1 and a half years, nearing 2 years now, last I read he was going back for a graft 3/ No Jamal diaries ever updates during consolidation/recovery period, they all go missing so no one has yet come back and posted about their successful recoveries. Until then the only other doctor in that price range is Dr Birkholtz in South Africa. Eagerly awaiting the conclusion to Dr Birkholtz's diaries

Its one thing to be an honest man, another to successfully do CLL

USApatient

• Private
  • Visitor
  • friends dont let friends lengthen 10"
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2014, 03:50:11 PM »

SMALLGUY. I briefly read over your diary entry and realized that I knew who you were last year from the other patients you met who remained after your departure. I think it's really awful that your girl would abandon you the way she did for wanting to better yourself. So many of us went through hell and back to achieve our goals and we deserve support and empathy rather than judgement and neglect. I hope you find a person who cherishes you and admires the courage you exhibited to get where you are today.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up