Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: work after limb lengthening  (Read 5166 times)

Ali

• Visitor
work after limb lengthening
« on: January 20, 2014, 08:24:24 AM »

Hi, my name is Ali  ;). I have talked to Dr. Salameh and Dr. Jamal. I also have read dairies on the old forums. I have some idea that the old forums are now distrusted.

As I am rather new to the idea of limb lengthening. After reading quite a lot i could not find the answer to a important question, which is, Can i go to work after the lengthening process is completed? I can understand i can not start working right away. However if i rest for 15 days after lengthening.would it be possible for me to go to work with Dr. Salameh's external device or Jamal's internal device since both can bear weight.

Anyway, I am 31 years, 168 cm. I want to gain 6.5 to 7 cm on the tibia.

I don't have a lot of the money for both tibia and femur. So, for now I am only considering the tibia. Maybe in future when i have enough money i can get 6.5 cm on femurs. It has come to my attention that people are prone to complications when they try to lengthen more than 6.5 or 7 cm or make that ankle incision with Dr. Salameh. Therefor I won't go more than 6.5 or 7 in order to avoid serious complications and keep my proportion. 

Moubgf

Re: work after limb lengthening
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 01:51:03 PM »

Alright we don't care since your opinion about everything will change until that actuall day you are sitting in the operation room... so now. It all depends on what kind of work you are having. Period. Also you will not be able to walk normaly maybe 2-3 months after the surgery. In your case being so old i can say that you will need atleast 6 month of recovery after your surgery. But hey! whateva..

Ali

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 06:54:15 AM »

Thanks for your honest answer Slim_tim. You are a kind person.
I know people have done it successfully and at the same time there are those cases screwed by the doctors. I am considering it anyway. It is better to try to find myself by chase my dreams then to sit back and curse my life.

I have read Sweden's and Tramp's dairy. I am fully aware now that it is not as easy as it sounds. There will be bad days and good days after lengthening. However It is quite impossible to recover completely even after one year. I was just concerned and looking for some some solution, possibility to keep socializing after lengthening. Not to mention, i have read other dairies too.

After reading so many topics and dairies. I came to a conclusion that Dr. Salameh is affordable, for me, It is easy to reach Frankfurt from Sweden.

I must say reading dairies is not easy. I even cried and felt peoples' pains. I can not do anything more then just wish you all the best. I salute you all who have worked so hard in order to reach your dreams. You guys are the real people. I hope everyone could understand, it is not easy to live like this. Being short is not a pleasure. The most i hate is when people say that god has given you this height, you should be thankful.

Smallguy

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 07:04:12 AM »

Can i go to work after the lengthening process is completed? I can understand i can not start working right away. However if i rest for 15 days after lengthening.would it be possible for me to go to work with Dr. Salameh's external device or Jamal's internal device since both can bear weight.

Anyway, I am 31 years, 168 cm. I want to gain 6.5 to 7 cm on the tibia.

I don't have a lot of the money for both tibia and femur. So, for now I am only considering the tibia. Maybe in future when i have enough money i can get 6.5 cm on femurs. It has come to my attention that people are prone to complications when they try to lengthen more than 6.5 or 7 cm or make that ankle incision with Dr. Salameh. Therefor I won't go more than 6.5 or 7 in order to avoid serious complications and keep my proportion.

I don't know anything about these two doctors to answer your question. Perhaps, you should ask them these questions directly yourself. After lengthening 8cm, I had to recover at least 1 month before coming back to work at my office job. And even when I came back to work, I was using a walker.

Have you considered resigning from your position to better focus on this life-changing procedure? You will need to suck up to your boss a lot like I did for them to grant you such a long leave of absence.

And while you are in the lengthening phase, it's advisable that you stay close to your doctor in case some complications do occur. So I wouldn't advise you to go back home to work right away with the external device.. and walking around with pins sticking out of your legs. And do you know what it is like to wear the external for 8 months? It seems that you are carrying a lot of baggage with you into this procedure. Wish you the best.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 07:09:57 AM by Smallguy »
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Ali

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 07:24:13 AM »

Thanks Smallguy for your advice. I might resign then. I think this surgery is much more important than my job. I can get another job when i recovered again.

Moubgf

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 02:38:05 PM »

Thats the spirit, Like a fkin soldieer!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up