Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calling out Sweden and other athletic oriented LLers  (Read 7888 times)

Atheist

• Visitor
Calling out Sweden and other athletic oriented LLers
« on: January 20, 2014, 05:23:07 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, this year I will be 17 and I have been researching LL for around 2 years, and having read many diaries the impression I get is that if I was to go for internals at an expensive doctor such as betz or paley, there would be minimal  complications. Right now I am an average Asian at 5 foot 7 and I am considering 3 inches in the next few years.  However I am extremely athletic and work out every day on top of that, with a strict diet. The question is whether it is possible to even get back to 70 to 80 percent of pre LL mobility,  because I wouldn't be able to reconcile myself to a body which is taller but lacks even average functionality. Please advise given your experience whether this is a realistic expectation or just wishful thinking on my part. If the reality is harsh let it be so

Metanoia

Re: Calling out Sweden and other athletic oriented LLers
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 05:44:10 PM »

You are still quite young. Are you sure you can't grow otherwise, e.g. getting hormone injections?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 06:52:20 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, this year I will be 17 and I have been researching LL for around 2 years, and having read many diaries the impression I get is that if I was to go for internals at an expensive doctor such as betz or paley, there would be minimal  complications. Right now I am an average Asian at 5 foot 7 and I am considering 3 inches in the next few years.  However I am extremely athletic and work out every day on top of that, with a strict diet. The question is whether it is possible to even get back to 70 to 80 percent of pre LL mobility,  because I wouldn't be able to reconcile myself to a body which is taller but lacks even average functionality. Please advise given your experience whether this is a realistic expectation or just wishful thinking on my part. If the reality is harsh let it be so

Im not really qualified to tell you the truth since i havent done LL yet, but il tell you my opinion from what i have heard other people and LL patients say.

I definitely think getting back to 80% of pre LL mobility and function is possible although it will probably take a very long time if you do 3 inches.

I even think 100% recovery is possible if you lengthen 5 cm or less, but that depends on the individual i guess.

Since you are only 17, you could have another small growth spurt coming up. You should wait until you are 21 imo until you decide to do LL, you might grow another inch or 2 (not very likely but definitely not impossible) in that time.

Also to increase your chances there are several supplements that may help you if your growth plates havent closed yet. You should check out the site naturalheightgrowth.com for a list of supplements that should be able to help you.

Sweden

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »

Go with a good reputable doctor and don't do more than 5-5,5cm.

I am now 1 year post first surgery and I'm around 40% of what I used to be.
I was at a professional level and competed for Swedens national Taekwondo Team.
I didn't think I was ever going back to that level again but at least for local competitions. Right now I'm not so sure. There is so much more to it than just walking and running.
I need to be exploding fast and able to move from side to side very quick. Right now that is impossible.

I was at the gym today and "human flag" is a little bit more difficult than before bc I'm taller but I'm getting better and better at it.

This is from 2 hours ago:

I can do jump kicks and spinning roundhouse kicks but never in a stressed situation(fight).
I'm at an embarrassing level of what I used to be :(
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Taller

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 09:34:19 PM »

Sweden, given what you have gone through, would you recommend Dr. Sarin to a fellow athlete seeking to lengthen 5 CM on the tibiae?

I mean, obviously he isn't Dr. Guichet, but neither does he cost $100K, and you, Calic, Dryani, and Smallguy all seem to have straight bones after lengthening with him. The only thing you all lack is soft tissue recovery, and for anyone that's obviously going to take a long time. So Dr. Sarin doesn't seem like a bad surgeon to me at all. Would you say that all the patients who got bad results can only blame themselves for being lazy (not exercising) and reckless (turning too fast and too much), or were their poor results also the fault of Dr. Sarin?

PS. How long ago were you on the national Taekwondo team? Just wondering because, you're a lot older than I'd imagine a top Taekwondo star being, although I'd never guess your age from the pics you've posted. I'd probably guess you to be ~10 years younger.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 09:44:17 PM by Tall »

Ocean

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 09:38:44 PM »

Yeah Sweden, but on the Bright side, if you manage to get back to a descent % of your former self you will have 7cm extra kick-reach.

Moubgf

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 10:15:49 PM »

Meh..you can walk and run sweden that is aaalll that matters. Everything after that is just bonus imo.

NMG

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 10:23:05 PM »

Meh..you can walk and run sweden that is aaalll that matters. Everything after that is just bonus imo.

Oh boy, you don't know Sweden very well lol. That's gonna set him off....

Sweden

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 10:24:06 PM »

There was a guy who went from 180 to 187 and he was determined to play basketball professionally.
He was 19yo and walked fine before he left. It was impossible to see he had lengthen his legs.

If you do ~5cm and in your early 20s I think you should be fine.
I was actually pleased with the care from Dr Sarin. He helped me with all my issues I had without any problems. He came to me once around 2 o'clock in the morning bc I couldn't breath from muscle cramp in the back.
He brought a shot and then it all went away.

I think he did a great work on my legs.
I only miss information about how to prevent x-legs, ballerina and other complications.

The patient has a lot of responsibility too.
I think you can go for it. There was a 17yo Japanese guy who did 7cm and it worked out fine too.

Slim_tim: I want more out of this life and my running is terrible lousy.

Taller

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 10:59:28 PM »

That's reassuring! Did you know, or hear of, any HLN patients at Dr. Sarin's? If so, what were their results like?

Did your cross lengthening roommate use the HLN?

Sweden

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 12:32:32 AM »

That's reassuring! Did you know, or hear of, any HLN patients at Dr. Sarin's? If so, what were their results like?

Did your cross lengthening roommate use the HLN?

You should read my diary, seriously. You might learn something.

There are some HLN patients right now. Not sure of their conditions at the moment. One of them is finishing his lengthening by now.

Smallguy

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 01:49:03 AM »

You should read my diary, seriously. You might learn something.

There are some HLN patients right now. Not sure of their conditions at the moment. One of them is finishing his lengthening by now.

Sweden,

You should update your diary on this forum so we could know about your recovery progress. I think you were the only Sarin's patient who weren't banned from old forum .

I think anyone who saw Sysop's face or know his real name was banned.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:05:27 AM by Smallguy »
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Atheist

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 03:11:15 AM »

I am now 1 year post first surgery and I'm around 40% of what I used to be.
I was at a professional level and competed for Swedens national Taekwondo Team.
I didn't think I was ever going back to that level again but at least for local competitions. Right now I'm not so sure. There is so much more to it than just walking and running.
I need to be exploding fast and able to move from side to side very quick. Right now that is impossible.

I was at the gym today and "human flag" is a little bit more difficult than before bc I'm taller but I'm getting better and better at it.

This is from 2 hours ago:

I can do jump kicks and spinning roundhouse kicks but never in a stressed situation(fight).
I'm at an embarrassing level of what I used to be :(
  Haha sick human flag man, it's only been 1 year and although you aren't at pre LL level it seems you are comparatively fitter than the rest of the population.  To be honest I feared that after LL I might not even be able to run and Deadlift, but seeing your recovery gives me confidence for the future. Keep working and I'm sure in another year or two you can make it back to pre LL status

Atheist

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 03:14:26 AM »

Im not really qualified to tell you the truth since i havent done LL yet, but il tell you my opinion from what i have heard other people and LL patients say.

I definitely think getting back to 80% of pre LL mobility and function is possible although it will probably take a very long time if you do 3 inches.

I even think 100% recovery is possible if you lengthen 5 cm or less, but that depends on the individual i guess.

Since you are only 17, you could have another small growth spurt coming up. You should wait until you are 21 imo until you decide to do LL, you might grow another inch or 2 (not very likely but definitely not impossible) in that time.

Also to increase your chances there are several supplements that may help you if your growth plates havent closed yet. You should check out the site naturalheightgrowth.com for a list of supplements that should be able to help you.
Thanks for the advice but I've actually had a consultation at  endocrinologist who told me my plates have fused and as he stated it, my vertical height was final. This conclusion was reached through an x ray, the weird thing was that even though I was 15 at at the time, my bone age was at 19

Moubgf

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 02:40:08 PM »

Sweden, when you had finished lengthening your tibias, did you get the feeling of your feets being to far from your "head" if you get what i mean. Or did you get used to it quickly, the difference in distance i mean.

Sweden

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 02:52:38 PM »

I got the feeling that I was higher up than before.
Everything was much lower than what I was used to. Door handles especially.

Now I'm used to it but I still react a little when I do the dishes bc I can bump my head in the furnitures above the sink.
I couldn't do that before.

I don't feel tall. It's still the same feeling in many situations so I can barely imagine how it must have sucked before the surgery.

My height is from 177,8 to 179 so another 5-6cm would be perfect.

Moubgf

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 04:00:38 PM »

You might not feel tall. But your perception of yourself is what? you feel normal in terms of height? not tall just normal, Like no-one would dismiss or treat you differently because of your current height?. So it must have some beneifts.

Atheist

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 08:46:56 AM »

You might not feel tall. But your perception of yourself is what? you feel normal in terms of height? not tall just normal, Like no-one would dismiss or treat you differently because of your current height?. So it must have some beneifts.
.  Swedens situation is different since he comes from a Scandinavian country where people are abnormally tall. Someone at 5 ft 10 where I live would be considered tall however there I assume it is slightly below average. everything is relative

Atheist

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 08:47:55 AM »

Thanks to all who have contributed to answering my question
Pages: [1]   Go Up