Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL surgery in 2017  (Read 8469 times)

beingtallerdream

LL surgery in 2017
« on: October 12, 2015, 09:58:17 AM »

Hey guys! I've been on this forum for a while now and I'm planning on doing this after I graduate school and settle in at university. I'm a female at 5'1 (156cm) and wish to be around 160-165. Can you guys help me with getting the money and about loaning from bank?? And also which doctor to go to which is safe. I was thinking Paley or Guichet or Jamal or the one in Korea as I heard they were all good. Thanks guys if you help me! :)

I suffered depression from being so short and it would be a dream come true to become tall. But I don't want to risk being crippled by going to the wrong doctor... So I want to take out a loan even if it's not a good idea.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 10:47:06 AM by beingtallerdream »

Penguinn

Re: LL surgery in 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 10:39:12 AM »

If you're taking a loan, I think someone like Paley or Guichet would be out of your reach. Taking huge loans is never smart. There are cheaper doctors out there that are also great. There's my two cents.

beingtallerdream

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 10:45:20 AM »

Yeah but if I'm able to work several part times after school finishes and do various online work. I reckon I might save at least $50 000. I would try loaning the rest as I don't mind being in debt after lengthening since it's worth it.

Penguinn

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 01:29:32 PM »

Saving up that much is no easy task, but good luck. Also if it helps, being 5'1 as a girl isn't bad(from a different perspective than yours) because I and a lot of other(tall and short) guys love short girls. 5'3 and below.

I always thought short girls had the same advantage as tall guys in the dating industry.
Tall guys - date short & tall girls
Short girls - date short & tall guys

jfk

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 08:31:19 PM »

Saving up that much is no easy task, but good luck. Also if it helps, being 5'1 as a girl isn't bad(from a different perspective than yours) because I and a lot of other(tall and short) guys love short girls. 5'3 and below.

I always thought short girls had the same advantage as tall guys in the dating industry.
Tall guys - date short & tall girls
Short girls - date short & tall guys

You can not compare tall guys and short girls. Huge difference...

beingtallerdream

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 09:46:12 PM »

This isn't about boy problems. I just want to do it for myself because when I look in the mirror I hate having to have short legs and not being able to wear jeans without rolling them up and looking good or wearing trackies that are too long for me. I just want to be tall to be able to wear anything and look good and tall.

Alu

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 09:58:47 PM »

All I can advice is that you be realistic about what you want to accomplish. Considering you're just looking to be in that range of 160-165 (a perfectly good height for a girl here in the US) I'd say you can just easily accomplish it with just 5 cm in one segment.

Aside from that considering you are willing to go to Paley, Guichet, Jamal and Dong-Lee (I believe) you will be in good hands. However, please be smart about your financial future. We undercut the monetary cost of LL because well it's a touchy issue for most people and it varies significantly from person to person. I'd say you should establish yourself as financially depend first and then perhaps consider LL; it seems like the safest bet. But besides that all I can further recommend is to think long and hard about your proportions, even though 5cm might not drastically impact them.

Penguinn

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 06:52:20 AM »

There are lots of well reputed, great doctors that are much cheaper than Paley etc. I can think of Parihar and Monegal off the tip of my tongue. But if you're hell bent on going to the best name(s), good luck with the saving up. :)

Have you thought of whether you'll do tibias or femurs?

beingtallerdream

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 08:09:32 AM »

I want to do around 6.5 cm on the femurs and none on the tibias. I reckon my tibias does look pretty long (in my opinion) idk but do u think that's okay?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 08:34:31 PM »

I want to do around 6.5 cm on the femurs and none on the tibias. I reckon my tibias does look pretty long (in my opinion) idk but do u think that's okay?

That's a conservative amount to lengthen.  You'll probably be just fine, especially since you're going to one of the best doctors.

beingtallerdream

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 09:12:54 PM »

That's a conservative amount to lengthen.  You'll probably be just fine, especially since you're going to one of the best doctors.

By best doctors do you also include monegal? Now I'm considering him too after seeing a lot of patients go to him.

Deads

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 11:48:44 AM »

This isn't about boy problems. I just want to do it for myself because when I look in the mirror I hate having to have short legs and not being able to wear jeans without rolling them up and looking good or wearing trackies that are too long for me. I just want to be tall to be able to wear anything and look good and tall.

Totally off topic. But that sounds kinda cute haha

... I plan on going to Monegal.

spyratoss

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2015, 04:30:20 PM »

Is Monegal still doing this?

PatientZero

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2015, 05:41:59 PM »

Hey btd,

Since you will be a fresh graduate, the Tier 1 doctors will not be an option unless you have help from your family. You will need 100k for Paley.

In addition to saving enough for the surgery, don't forget to put aside some for complications and maybe 6 months of downtime. Right now budget internals can be had for ~40-50k (South Africa, Barcelona, and some emerging Indian docs), and add 10-20k for complication/downtime.

Instead of going to China/India when I had the money for externals, I stopped visiting these forums for 5 years and focused on my career to save money to do LL. I bore the burden of height neurosis for a few more years and it made me a much stronger person.

My advice is to not put all your eggs in one basket. Improve the other parts of your life before you spend all your money on LL because there is no guarantee that you will be cured of height neurosis after LL.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

beingtallerdream

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2015, 09:44:04 AM »

Totally off topic. But that sounds kinda cute haha

... I plan on going to Monegal.

Hahaha lolol well it stresses me out a lot..
I now made up my mind to go to Monegal because sight seeing Spain and getting taller seems ideal :)))

beingtallerdream

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2015, 09:46:27 AM »

Hey btd,

Since you will be a fresh graduate, the Tier 1 doctors will not be an option unless you have help from your family. You will need 100k for Paley.

In addition to saving enough for the surgery, don't forget to put aside some for complications and maybe 6 months of downtime. Right now budget internals can be had for ~40-50k (South Africa, Barcelona, and some emerging Indian docs), and add 10-20k for complication/downtime.

Instead of going to China/India when I had the money for externals, I stopped visiting these forums for 5 years and focused on my career to save money to do LL. I bore the burden of height neurosis for a few more years and it made me a much stronger person.

My advice is to not put all your eggs in one basket. Improve the other parts of your life before you spend all your money on LL because there is no guarantee that you will be cured of height neurosis after LL.
Ahh thanks for advice. I'm planning on going to Monegal as I read heaps of things about him and I emailed him several times and he seems nice and legit who wouldn't ruin my legs forever xD I trust him to do a good job.
I guess for the money I should save around $60K and if I need more I will just have to borrow from the bank or lie to my parents that I need the money for something else xD haha

beingtallerdream

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2015, 09:56:08 AM »

Is Monegal still doing this?
Yes he is. I emailed him a few weeks ago. He gave me prices and the details

DoingItForMe

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2015, 02:51:29 PM »

I know where you're coming from. You seem to suffer the same issues I faced. If I were you, I'd avoid going into debt for this surgery, though. Going into debt is serious business, and can make you even more depressed than you already are. I don't think many people know how bad being in debt is until they're stuck in it.

Out of curiosity, why not just wear heels? It's socially unacceptable for men to wear them, but I noticed that short girls wear them all the time. Also, why not replace your mirror with one that cuts off where your waist is. I noticed that I was much happier after I replaced my full-length mirror. I got too depressed by looking at how short my legs were.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

beingtallerdream

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2015, 11:44:11 PM »

I know where you're coming from. You seem to suffer the same issues I faced. If I were you, I'd avoid going into debt for this surgery, though. Going into debt is serious business, and can make you even more depressed than you already are. I don't think many people know how bad being in debt is until they're stuck in it.

Out of curiosity, why not just wear heels? It's socially unacceptable for men to wear them, but I noticed that short girls wear them all the time. Also, why not replace your mirror with one that cuts off where your waist is. I noticed that I was much happier after I replaced my full-length mirror. I got too depressed by looking at how short my legs were.
Well ok I probably won't get into debt that much.. Maybe some student loan or soemthing. And tbh I don't really wear heels because I don't really see the point.. I just want to be naturally tall and wear comfortable clothing without looking short haha.

aspirant185

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2015, 11:32:48 PM »

Hey !

I really want to think against doing this surgery. The only time a healthy female who does not suffer from dwarfism or anything like that should do LL is when she wants to become a professional model and they obviously need taller girls. Now, I don't think you expressed a desire of becoming a model, so you should not worry about that. With that being said, Eva Longoria, one of the most attractive actresses is just 157 but she is considered immenseley hot and her height has never been an issue. If anything, some people say it adds to her hotness.

If you get a loan of $60k in order to break your legs and become 163, I would be blatantly honest, this will in no way change your own perception of your attractiveness, the perception of others who might as well not notice because for a girl 157 or 163 not a big deal.There are tons of other procedures that can make a girl attractive. I have not seen you, but I guess it is always beneficial to hit the gymm you can use the money to do nose job, boob job, or simply ..... go buy designer made jeans :D

Seriously, if you are a girl and do LL for cosmetic reasons others than become a model, that makes no sense :)

If you really really wanna do it, at least go through 2 surgeries for 9-10 cm, to notice some real difference.
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

beingtallerdream

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2015, 06:12:21 AM »

I don't think you understand that girls can't suffer height neurosis badly like any other guys. This surgery isn't just for guys. Yeah I'm not planning to become a model but I want to be the average height with normal average long legs.. I've been suffering this since I was 12 so why not fulfil it? 60K to break a leg is not problem at all. Anyway I'm not loaning everything, I'm saving up..
Females, males. Gender doesn't matter :) as long as we are happy with the afters.

Deads

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2015, 06:45:55 AM »

Hey !

I really want to think against doing this surgery. The only time a healthy female who does not suffer from dwarfism or anything like that should do LL is when she wants to become a professional model and they obviously need taller girls. Now, I don't think you expressed a desire of becoming a model, so you should not worry about that. With that being said, Eva Longoria, one of the most attractive actresses is just 157 but she is considered immenseley hot and her height has never been an issue. If anything, some people say it adds to her hotness.

If you get a loan of $60k in order to break your legs and become 163, I would be blatantly honest, this will in no way change your own perception of your attractiveness, the perception of others who might as well not notice because for a girl 157 or 163 not a big deal.There are tons of other procedures that can make a girl attractive. I have not seen you, but I guess it is always beneficial to hit the gymm you can use the money to do nose job, boob job, or simply ..... go buy designer made jeans :D

Seriously, if you are a girl and do LL for cosmetic reasons others than become a model, that makes no sense :)

If you really really wanna do it, at least go through 2 surgeries for 9-10 cm, to notice some real difference.

If she wants to be taller, then she wants to be taller.. Just because she's a girl it shouldn't change anything.

PatientZero

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2015, 12:56:06 PM »

If she wants to be taller, then she wants to be taller.. Just because she's a girl it shouldn't change anything.

I couldn't believe what I just read either.

Can we point out the fact that aspirant is a whopping 178cm, preaching no LL to a person that is 156cm? I don't understand this logic. The 5'10 guys on this forum are crazy for sure.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

Deads

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2015, 01:12:19 PM »

I couldn't believe what I just read either.

Can we point out the fact that aspirant is a whopping 178cm, preaching no LL to a person that is 156cm? I don't understand this logic. The 5'10 guys on this forum are crazy for sure.

Haha, was unaware of his height. Definitely makes it more absurd.

Penguinn

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2015, 11:51:12 AM »

Hey !

How do you know what her perception is?
Your entire argument is basically "I don't mind short girls, therefore short girls needn't get taller!" And you're 178cms wanting LL to top it off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up