Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monorail  (Read 1981 times)

Revenge

Monorail
« on: October 17, 2015, 05:52:47 PM »

What do you think about monorail device?Muharrem İnan suggest to me and TrailBlazer did it too.But some members still say Dont do it what do you think ?

Nomad

Re: Monorail
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 06:25:21 PM »

What do you think about monorail device?Muharrem İnan suggest to me and TrailBlazer did it too.But some members still say Dont do it what do you think ?

Revenge, I won't repeat things that I tried to conduct to you on http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2723 The decision is all yours. Just try to acquire as many successful X-rays at consolidated stage from monorail patients as you can and you will see you won't find many. Simply because many of them have some kind of misalignments and are ashamed to post them publicly, they don't want to look like fools.

Unfortunately, the misalignment cases in monorail world are quite frequent in comparison with other LL methods.

Revenge

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 06:41:47 PM »

So you are saying monorail system isnt safe and doctors doing it because of what ?Or horrible ilizarov fixatör is more safe ?

Nomad

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 06:46:27 PM »

So you are saying monorail system isnt safe and doctors doing it because of what ?Or horrible ilizarov fixatör is more safe ?

Not to argue, but "horrible ilizarov fixatör" is definitely much safer, because it has more points of correcting misalignments if there will be such need. With classical Illizarov device you can effect the position of misaligned bone to any direction. With monorail you simply can not.

lumiere

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 08:51:17 PM »

Not to argue, but "horrible ilizarov fixatör" is definitely much safer, because it has more points of correcting misalignments if there will be such need. With classical Illizarov device you can effect the position of misaligned bone to any direction. With monorail you simply can not.
Quote.

maximize

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 04:08:53 AM »

Exactly. All modern external lengthening should be done with Taylor Spatial Frames or other Hexapod Ilizarov systems.

Monorails are a disgrace.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 04:36:56 AM »

Makes me feel like I dodged a bullet by not being able to get clearance to do it with Mitkovic.

Nomad

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 06:08:47 AM »

Makes me feel like I dodged a bullet by not being able to get clearance to do it with Mitkovic.

Exactly. That was your luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up