Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q&A With Dr Jamal Abu Nemer  (Read 15181 times)

Dr.Jamal.A.Nemer

• Verified LL Doctor
  • Visitor
Re: Q&A With Dr Jamal Abu Nemer
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2016, 04:42:19 PM »

Dear Sweden!

Sorry for the late reply... it's great to hear from you again and thank you for visiting! Can you email me on orthopedicjamal@gmail.com or give me a call directly? Do you still have my number? We can talk about your situation update in much more depth.

Perhaps give me an email first just to let us know what time you're going to call - since I might be occupied.

Many thanks

Dr.Jamal.A.Nemer

• Verified LL Doctor
  • Visitor
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2016, 09:45:45 PM »

Dear Limb Lengthening Forum members,

Regarding a question that has been asked increasingly in our emails, I would like to assure that all complications that occur from the limb lengthening surgery resulting in the need for more surgery, is covered in the initial price. All our patients should feel safe in the knowledge that if something goes wrong, they will not have to pay extra to return to good health.

Regards,
Dr Jamal A. Nemer

edit: repeated website url/email
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:07:33 PM by Admin »

ub40

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2016, 01:06:46 AM »

Dr. Nemer, which do you prefer LON or LATN? Is there any way to avoid the knee pain or damage, and how much time does using these nails save. Are they worth it or do you prefer straight Externals

How is the safety in Ukraine right now and do you feel comfortable there as a person of Middle Eastern decent? (I am too)
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

Dr.Jamal.A.Nemer

• Verified LL Doctor
  • Visitor
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2016, 01:22:37 PM »

Dear Kian222,

Thank you for your question. Life in Kiev is normal and much like any other city in Europe. I have faced very little discrimination as a muslim man by heritage, perhaps the only real barrier would be language for you. However, patients here are always accompanied by a translator here and are always supported with a private driver.

Regarding your question about external methods, please be aware this is my personal opinion. I strongly feel that external methods (especially for femurs) are obsolete methods for limb lengthening. The risk of infection, trauma, slow recovery and extreme stress that the body has to endure is simple not necessary now since internal methods are now widely available at very competitive pricing.

Please feel free to email me personally if you would like to arrange a phonecall on orthopedicjamal@gmail.com if you would like to talk more in depth.

Best regards

Deads

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2016, 03:37:55 PM »

Hi Dr Jamal :)

I'm wanting to lengthen only 5cm, but concerned with contracture.. Would I lengthen 5.5cm to account for possible contracture or is there a way to guarentee that we can avoid bone compression altogether?

Nightwish

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2016, 09:43:38 PM »

Hi Dr. Nemer.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to interact with the forum.

If you don't mind, I have a few questions:

1. In your opinion, what is the optimal way to prepare for the surgery. Is there any level of fitness that someone ought to be at?

2. From your experience, what is the approximate rate of complications per patient and what sort of complications arise?

3. In regards to LL, are there likely to be any long term effects - e.g. higher risk of arthritis etc?

4. Is the rate of lengthening consistently at 1mm a day, or is it likely to change pace the further someone goes. In your experience what would be the average timeframe to lengthen 6cm?

5. In regards to rehabilitation, how much physio would be expected per day and what would this entail?

Many thanks!
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

Dr.Jamal.A.Nemer

• Verified LL Doctor
  • Visitor
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2016, 08:49:01 AM »

Hello Deads,

You do not need to worry about contracture after the device has been locked. The device and screws are made titanium which does not allow for compression.

Hello Nightwish,

Your questions relate to case to case basis which differ so highly with each patient and the methods that are being used. Are you directing your question for internal or external limb lengthening specifically? 

Nightwish

« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2016, 11:41:37 PM »

Hello Nightwish,

Your questions relate to case to case basis which differ so highly with each patient and the methods that are being used. Are you directing your question for internal or external limb lengthening specifically?

Oops, helps if I state this! Questions are in regards to internal femur lengthening.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up