Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fermur or tibia to look more normal ?  (Read 2167 times)

Antreas

• Visitor
fermur or tibia to look more normal ?
« on: October 22, 2015, 11:37:09 PM »

In the most of the cases people  making  the lengenthing on the fermur or tibia ??

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: fermur or tibia to look more normal ?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 11:49:38 PM »

I think lengthening the tibia is better aesthetically.  People are used to seeing high knees because of thick shoes and high heels, so it doesn't really catch anyone's eye that your knees are higher up than they should be.

Alu

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 11:52:31 PM »

First off, can someone move these to the Limb Lengthening discussion board.

In regards to the question, it depends on the person. If you already have abnormally long femurs (most if not everyone already has longer femurs then tibia) then obviously tibia would be best. But if you have Tibia equal or almost as long as femurs (I have yet to see someone have longer tibia then femurs), then obviously go with femurs. In general however, I would think that having long(er) tibia is more aesthetically pleasing to most people.

However, like I said it varies greatly. The typical ratio between femurs to tibia is 0.80 +/- 0.02, where anything greater then 0.82 is long tibia (so do femurs), but anything less than 0.78 is long femurs (do tibia). BUT, there is really isn't a good way to measure this without having a doctor take X-rays and properly measure: so don't go off and infer from your own measurements what it might be.

Uppland

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 12:03:11 AM »

Depends but since you're wearing shoes anyway I will go with femurs, if I go at all.

Penguinn

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 06:57:37 AM »

Depends on your proportions. Tibia can be really good if you have short tibias(see KiloKAHN's diary and pictures), and obviously femurs if you have short femurs.
But if your proportions seem to be perfect now, such that lengthening either is a problem, I would do femurs, because they are easier to hide. Tibias being awkwardly long can't be hidden.

Taller

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 10:48:01 AM »

Depends on your proportions. Tibia can be really good if you have short tibias(see KiloKAHN's diary and pictures), and obviously femurs if you have short femurs.
But if your proportions seem to be perfect now, such that lengthening either is a problem, I would do femurs, because they are easier to hide. Tibias being awkwardly long can't be hidden.

Good point. Because my tibia to femur ratio seems to already be perfect right now, in leaning towards 6.5CM femurs. With an untucked Shi rt and shoes, it will be impossible to even consider that I will have done LL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up