Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 177.5 cm and unhappy with my height  (Read 9492 times)

lonelywolf881

• Visitor
177.5 cm and unhappy with my height
« on: October 25, 2015, 04:42:10 PM »

I know i am taller than many here but I have same problem: unhappy with my height. I was unhappy with my face too and changed it with bimaxillar surgery; now i look more or less as i want and i am quite happy of it. Still there is the height problem.
I should be average in theory but i feel a bit shorty most time. I would like only 4/5 cm not more! Only to achieve the average/tall end.
Do you think I am crazy for this? I usually check my height when I am out and compare it with other guys of my age; most  time i feel they are a bit taller than me.
I cannot sustain the expense of this soon but when i will have enough money it will be one of the first things i will do. I am generally fit and healthy so i think i wont have complications.
Also i have long and big chest and short legs so i am a perfect candidate for this surgery! All the people when see pics of me from chest up they say i look like a 183/5 cm guy. Maybe this is because my mom is short (153) and my dad tall (181) so i took half from each one.

Ozymandias

Re: 177.5 cm and unhappy with my height
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 05:12:35 PM »

Where are you from? At 177.5 cm you will be taller than the average man in a lot of countries. Are you from North/Central Europe?

Do you think I am crazy for this? I usually check my height when I am out and compare it with other guys of my age; most  time i feel they are a bit taller than me.

All of us considering LL are probably a bit crazy (except those with dwarfism or a severe discrepancy) If you are sure that this is what you want, and you are really aware of how difficult it is, and of its risks involved, go for it. However, if I was your height I would not consider LL.

Penguinn

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 07:34:54 PM »

I don't think you're crazy, but I think LL is unnecessary for your height.

Anyway, it's your choice. You seem really rich to have facial surgery and want LL despite being tall/tallish.

lumiere

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 07:39:41 PM »

I personally think that the fact that you had facial surgery, and now you want to lengthening your legs, shows a problem about self esteem or something like that. If i were you, I would try to talk about that with a psycologist.

Deads

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 01:17:37 PM »

I personally think that the fact that you had facial surgery, and now you want to lengthening your legs, shows a problem about self esteem or something like that. If i were you, I would try to talk about that with a psycologist.

Don't judge the guy. He's here for guidance... If you think he should go to a psychologist for wanting to change an aspect of his physical appearance then everyone on this forum qualifies to go to a psychologist according to you.

I say do 5cm and be 6ft.

Taller

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 02:29:29 PM »

Don't judge the guy. He's here for guidance... If you think he should go to a psychologist for wanting to change an aspect of his physical appearance then everyone on this forum qualifies to go to a psychologist according to you.

I say do 5cm and be 6ft.

I have to agree with this. As corny as it sounds, as long as you love yourself, but just want to look different, then by all means do LL. it will serve you well. but if you hate yourself, you'll only hate yourself more during and after LL. In this case, see a psychologist.

myloginacct

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 12:40:36 PM »

Some of the replies in this thread are the kind of stupid shxt that was parroted in the older years of this community.

No, you need much better reasons to be seeking to do a procedure that requires a career break from most people, loans or years of savings, risks multiple forms of embolism, risks duckass, misalignment, infections, will most likely give you early arthritis, will permanently hamper your athletic ability, and takes years of your life to fully recover and move on from (and will probably require additional surgeries).

177.5cm is objectively tall. The average male height worldwide is 170cm, and even that is probably inflated as it relies on self-reported surveys. I don't care if anyone feels short at 177.5cm because they're from the Netherlands or something. Reality is not up for arguing. Your subjective experience is, but that can be treated without risking this much. 

You need a much better reason and to do much better research if you want to undergo CLL at heights like those. "Feeling a bit short" is not one of them.

And with a mother as short as yours were, you, poster from two years ago, should be really glad you didn't end up at less than 175cm. Considering you never came back, I hope you just got over this insecurity of yours and counted your blessings.

GeTs

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 12:56:49 PM »

No, it's normal.
Average among young whites is 5'11 in UK/US. Old guys bring it down but average among young whites Germany/UK is 5'11 and it's understandable that you feel short
This forum is so retarded. Guys has cosmetic surgery on his face, people judge him and put him down when they're no different  ;D ;D
Seriously, you guys got hate all your life for being short, you should understand it better

myloginacct

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 01:09:19 PM »

No, it's normal.
Average among young whites is 5'11 in UK/US. Old guys bring it down but average among young whites Germany/UK is 5'11 and it's understandable that you feel short
This forum is so retarded. Guys has cosmetic surgery on his face, people judge him and put him down when they're no different  ;D ;D
Seriously, you guys got hate all your life for being short, you should understand it better

Oh, no. He's 2.5cm shorter than the average in some of the tallest ethnic groups in the world. Better to spend thousands of dollars and risk so much of his health and lifetime in one of the riskiest elective surgeries there is instead of simply buying some elevator shoes.

GeTs

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 01:13:26 PM »

Oh, no. He's 2.5cm shorter than the average in some of the tallest ethnic groups in the world. Better to spend thousands of dollars and risk so much of his health and lifetime in one of the riskiest elective surgeries there is instead of simply buying some elevator shoes.

You don't care about the guy. I see you took it personal that someone taller than you wants to become even taller. Seen it happen everywhere, I'm not new to this stuff.

I was just like that, I now think each person should decide for themselves and I'd rather focus on me and what I can do. If some guy at 6'0 wants to do it, feel free. If I were OP I'd rather just switch country

myloginacct

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 02:11:54 PM »

You don't care about the guy. I see you took it personal that someone taller than you wants to become even taller. Seen it happen everywhere, I'm not new to this stuff.

I was just like that, I now think each person should decide for themselves and I'd rather focus on me and what I can do. If some guy at 6'0 wants to do it, feel free. If I were OP I'd rather just switch country

I've made many posts in the past where I made my position on this issue explicit. I have no issues with tall people wanting to become taller through CLL. My problem is with so many here treating CLL like a nose job. "Oh, you feel kinda short being 2cm shorter than average? Yeah, man, I get you, go ahead, get CLL, and be happy." CLL is no joke. Look at all the bad cases. Only 60% of all CLL is considered successful. It needs to be a last resort, and it's specially important to stress this the taller the person is.

Basically, I want people making informed decisions instead of possibly making very bad ones on a whim, be it may because of a recent bad event or a recent period of anxiety and insecurity.

Also, this is a post from Taller himself (from this thread) that I think everyone at taller heights should read. It's one of the best in the forums, in my opinion.

ivan

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 02:43:23 PM »

I'm not here to judge anyone that wants to this but at such height he is is at worst a short average even in country like the Netherlands where average is ranging from 182-183 cm. And yes, this is not a simple cosmetic surgery. People should only consider this operations if their life is already that bad they can't feel like a normal person due to their height. Is that the case with the OP? I really encourage him to think if the benefits outweigh the potential risks.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 05:54:43 PM by ivan »

GeTs

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2018, 05:21:12 PM »

I've made many posts in the past where I made my position on this issue explicit. I have no issues with tall people wanting to become taller through CLL. My problem is with so many here treating CLL like a nose job. "Oh, you feel kinda short being 2cm shorter than average? Yeah, man, I get you, go ahead, get CLL, and be happy." CLL is no joke. Look at all the bad cases. Only 60% of all CLL is considered successful. It needs to be a last resort, and it's specially important to stress this the taller the person is.

Basically, I want people making informed decisions instead of possibly making very bad ones on a whim, be it may because of a recent bad event or a recent period of anxiety and insecurity.

Also, this is a post from Taller himself (from this thread) that I think everyone at taller heights should read. It's one of the best in the forums, in my opinion.

I agree with that, especially when I see some new guy just saying I'm gonna do 10cm and if I feel good I will push for 14, makes me want to punch my face

MoveUp

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 05:11:20 PM »

No, it's normal.
Average among young whites is 5'11 in UK/US. Old guys bring it down but average among young whites Germany/UK is 5'11

Yup, you are right and this gets me more depressed. I found a detailed study taken in the last 5 years of 9'000 males I believe. US stats: 5' 9.5" average, 5' 10" average for young, 5' 10 1/2" average for whites. There was no average for white young whites, but you can deduce 5' 11" since there is a .5" boost for young men added to the white general population.

So maybe 5' 10" isn't really the complete "safe zone" as I've heard before. 5' 11" is the new safe zone.
"Work with what you have,  improve on what you can,  accept what you can't change."

Knik

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2018, 05:32:55 PM »

Yup, you are right and this gets me more depressed. I found a detailed study taken in the last 5 years of 9'000 males I believe. US stats: 5' 9.5" average, 5' 10" average for young, 5' 10 1/2" average for whites. There was no average for white young whites, but you can deduce 5' 11" since there is a .5" boost for young men added to the white general population.

So maybe 5' 10" isn't really the complete "safe zone" as I've heard before. 5' 11" is the new safe zone.

average is no way 5'11 in the USA, the same for UK
it's maybe the average in the tallest countries in Europe like Netherlands, but not in UK
stop upgrading average please
US average, including all ethnic communauties (latin-American, Afro, Asiat, Whites) and generation could be about 5-7 maybe
5'10 is absolutely good everywhere in the world
Looking for Pili

Android

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2018, 06:11:28 PM »

To add to that, height increase in the US has stalled in the last 50 years. Emphasis mine:

Since data on Americans' average height was first collected in the early 20th century, children and adolescents grew about an inch and a half taller every 20 years. But recent measurements suggest Americans' average height has more or less hit the ceiling.

Data collected from the federal Centers for Disease Control show that average height for Americans has stabilized in the past 50 years to about 5 feet 9 inches for men and 5 feet 4 inches for women.

"We've pretty well maxed out in terms of stature. There's been little change in adult height over last generation," says William Leonard, an anthropologist at Northwestern University.

Source

According to our favorite Wikipedia page, the average height of white adult males is 5'10".

UK ranges from 5'9" to 5'10", Germans are indeed 5'11". Patterns you notice may be attributed to a neighborhood that you visit; ethnic groups tend to stick together, so they have similar heights. Tourist spots are a melting pot, so those areas are unreliable for anecdotes as well.

And let's be frank, we (the members of this forum) are much more sensitive to bias when it comes to height. We notice a tall guy, we start seeing tall guys everywhere; much like Microbe's anecdote about noticing short guys with beautiful women. They didn't start dating after his CLL, as if the surgery changed the rules of the universe; instead he started to notice things after an experience that had a direct impact on how he perceives height.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

myloginacct

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 06:12:15 PM »

Don't be depressed about things like that. Also, there's nothing new about the heights in those countries, including the young men. Height has plateaued in most white ethnic groups outside of Southern Europe and Eastern Europe.

And no, countries like the UK and France aren't as tall as the Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden and some in the Balkans - which are the tallest in the world. 5'10 seems the right average for the UK and France.

What do you think as being a safe zone? You know it's alright to be slightly under the average of a country, right? Specially, and literally, the ones with the tallest men in the planet. That's natural variation.

MoveUp

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 06:20:47 PM »

Don't be depressed about things like that. Also, there's nothing new about the heights in those countries, including the young men. Height has plateaued in most white ethnic groups outside of Southern Europe and Eastern Europe.

And no, countries like the UK and France aren't as tall as the Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden and some in the Balkans - which are the tallest in the world. 5'10 seems the right average for the UK and France.

What do you think as being a safe zone? You know it's alright to be slightly under the average of a country, right? Specially, and literally, the ones with the tallest men in the planet. That's natural variation.

Thanks man, you're right. I actually questioned my thoughts right after about the "safe zone". Why does average have to be the safe zone? If anything the normal range should be the safe zone, so 5'8"+ I'd say. It's not ideal, but enough to blend into the crowd.
"Work with what you have,  improve on what you can,  accept what you can't change."

Knik

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2018, 06:21:56 PM »

I don't find Scandinavians especially tall, it sounds more like a cliché
and now with all that migrants it's clearly no more the case
Belgian people too, but it's rather because I only know Walloon and no Flemish
I'd say that in these countries average is like 3 maybe 4 cm more than UK
it's maybe 5-6 cm (but 6 cm more sounds too big) more in Netherlands but I never went there, so I don't really know
Looking for Pili

myloginacct

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2018, 06:26:23 PM »

Thanks man, you're right. I actually questioned my thoughts right after about the "safe zone". Why does average have to be the safe zone? If anything the normal range should be the safe zone, so 5'8"+ I'd say. It's not ideal, but enough to blend into the crowd.

By the way, I don't know if this would help you, but here's the body transformation of someone who's 174cm and 57kg over a year. That's apparently 5'8.5 and 125.5 lbs in Americanese.

Your forum signature just reminded me of it.

lonelywolf881

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2019, 05:20:55 AM »

Hello guys, i am back here after some time. Many things happened in my life and now i am starting again to think to this procedure. I am not convinced completely because i am aware of the risks (even if I would go with the safest surgery and the safest lenght which is under 5 cm). The real reason i am here is that I am deeply convinced we should always think we have just one life and we should NEVER accept something we are not really satisfied with. We should always pursue our dreams. Now, being tall is one of the things i have always wanted (together with many others i am working on, like being social/popular, having a decent career, having pretty girls like you...) so why should i give up? Why should i accept something i dont completely like for the rest of my life?
Oh I forgot to tell you that i am Italian (central northern Italy, Florence maybe you know) but here i assurde you, i am slighly under the average and Anyway i am perceived by ANY girl as being shorty... I know it is nonsense because in theory i should be on the average side, but i guess the reason is that if you are really short you simply dont exist for many girls, so me, i am on the short side of those "taken into account" by girls...
I will not deny that the idea of being taller comes out also (not only) for a personal "revenge" against all those girls who did not show me any interest because i was not tall/attractive enough... Now, i have changed my face and I think I am enough attractive (not a model of course) but still not tall enough... Being taller than average would complete the process.

daikioni

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2019, 06:05:33 AM »

To be honest lonelywolf your height is not the problem im sure if you gain 5 cm you will still have the same problems with women. if you want to do the surgery because you dont like your height by all means do it but it will not help!

Singapore

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2019, 06:12:46 AM »

Just do 5 cm and be over with it man. You live one life, dont care too much about what others think. Your height is not bad at all though, its my height post surgery and I feel great about it.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2019, 07:35:15 AM »

5'10 in Italy and under average? It's in your head, buddy.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Michael01

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2019, 12:03:48 PM »

You have BDD. You can do as many surgeries as you want, you will never be satisfied.

CodyTheDog

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2019, 08:45:44 PM »

It's an interesting question. Dr. Paley says he has found that LL improves one's psychological profile even for relatively taller patients and now he (more or less) won't use starting height as a factor to determine his patients

And at 177.5 theoretically you would be lengthening the legs a smaller percentage of their starting length + you wouldn't need to lengthen as much to get a certain final result. So there are reasons to believe it may even be safer for you than most of us here. You most likely could do 5 cm internal femurs relatively quickly and safely and have a 182.5 cm height, which is considered ideal in many places (6 feet) and have a relatively low risk of complications.

It sounds like you also feel your face is/was holding you back in your interactions with women. If you did LL, but it didn't end up helping much with women, would you still be happy? I think that's the question. It's not necessarily clear cut- the confidence boost from the height might make you happy enough for it to be worth it anyway.

The truth is most men are, in some way, considered second class compared to tall handsome men and it seems to cause some men some negative emotions. Its generally not possible to become a tall handsome man without the luck of genetics. As you can tell from the responses, plenty of people think the pursuit of this is taboo and have certain levels of disapproval because its not sustainable/achievable for most people. However, the truth is in a hypothetical world, if becoming a taller, more handsome man was quite easy without much risk or cost, people wouldn't be as judgemental.

Best of luck.

Bruno Mars

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2019, 11:04:42 PM »

Italians and French are about the shortest Europeans I have met. Most of my friends are under 5'11. Most of them are in the 5'8-5'10 range.
No way 5'10 is short in Italy.

Canon

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2019, 06:39:43 AM »

Same problem here but with 185 i don't feel tall enough.

OverSixFeetTall

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2019, 06:54:09 AM »

I’m about 5’9.5 inches, broad shoulders (39 inch wide), 30 inch seam legs, so I’d like to hit 6 feet aka 3 inches.

I’m happy to have that height, and my doctor told me that was my trending height. But I ended up not having that height because of allowed my environmental factors to control me: stress late nights with computer and whole wack of stuff.

So here I am... in this forum, look for answers.

Bottom line I want to be my best self. And I can’t wait to get my femurs lengthened to hit 6 feet.

Do it for yourself, and don’t do it for others.

Go for it!
My Current Height: 5'9
My Goal Height: 6'0
Lengthen: Femurs

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2019, 10:19:42 AM »

I’m happy to have that height, and my doctor told me that was my trending height. But I ended up not having that height because of allowed my environmental factors to control me: stress late nights with computer and whole wack of stuff.

This is wrong.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

short

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2019, 11:45:48 AM »

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up