Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LONG TIME LURKER 1st POST / What did you tell your workplace about the surgery  (Read 1207 times)

3BlueSpinners

• Visitor

Im 21 and im 161cm in height and I want to get LL surgery

Im about to get a job and save money for the surgery but I dont want to tell anyone about my LL surgery. How did you get time off? I live with my parent and it'll be weird if I disappeared for 4 months or so. And did you quit your jobs for it?
Current Height: 160cm (5ft 3")
Height Goal: 172cm (5ft 8")
Surgery possibly at 25?

Acemace86

Tell everyone you have to go to prison

CLLvet

What sort of job do you have and what country are you based out of? Understanding a few more details may help us advise you on what to disclose to your workplace.

I went through a similar issue when I did LL for the first time. I needed a good "cover story" to tell to my employer and I ultimately learned the hard way what you should (and shouldn't) say in your efforts to keep this whole thing private. If you are not careful, it could all blow up in your face and people will be upset when they found out that you lied to them. In some cases, it makes sense just to be open about it from the start. In other cases, having a good "cover story" is the best option.

Please provide some more details (here in the thread and/ or via Direct Message to me if you wish) and maybe I can help you with some ideas. Good luck. 
174 cm (starting height), 188 cm (current height)

-8 cm femur w/ Stryde in 2019, with Dr. Giotikas (Greece)
-6 cm tibia w/ Taylor Spatial Frames (TSF)  Lengthening and Then Nailing (LATN) in 2023, with Giotikas (Greece)

liltunechi

What sort of job do you have and what country are you based out of? Understanding a few more details may help us advise you on what to disclose to your workplace.

I went through a similar issue when I did LL for the first time. I needed a good "cover story" to tell to my employer and I ultimately learned the hard way what you should (and shouldn't) say in your efforts to keep this whole thing private. If you are not careful, it could all blow up in your face and people will be upset when they found out that you lied to them. In some cases, it makes sense just to be open about it from the start. In other cases, having a good "cover story" is the best option.

Please provide some more details (here in the thread and/ or via Direct Message to me if you wish) and maybe I can help you with some ideas. Good luck.

Hey there, I’ve sent you a private message..

CLLvet

Hey there, I’ve sent you a private message..

I responded. Please check your DMs
174 cm (starting height), 188 cm (current height)

-8 cm femur w/ Stryde in 2019, with Dr. Giotikas (Greece)
-6 cm tibia w/ Taylor Spatial Frames (TSF)  Lengthening and Then Nailing (LATN) in 2023, with Giotikas (Greece)

liltunechi

I responded. Please check your DMs

Thank you man. I whatsapped you.

earti193

• Visitor

I'd also like to know how to handle this. I'll have to tell HR what I am actually doing presumably (that it's CLL) but they would be subject to duties of confidentiality.

I really don't want to have to tell my colleagues and want as few people as absolutely possible to know about it. Is there a procedure that people typically reference to explain? Like a type of bone surgery that a person might need an explain the long absence and difference in appearance (no one is a surgeon so they'll buy whatever you tell them). Like do people say they've just had both hips replaced? Something like that?

3BlueSpinners

• Visitor

You could say that you are going to have a bone alignment surgery. If they say where, you could say your spine and you've been having back problems. Or tell them that you need Spinal Fusion Surgery, that takes 3-6 months recovery time.

I want to get 2 surgeries done for myself, femur and tibia, however, I dont want to get a job, then quit for 4 months, find a  new job and work for a year, then quit that job for 4 months then find a new job again. The process in doing all that will be tiring. I was thinking of getting quadrilateral lengthening. I know, many people disagree with this but its the only way to save time and money. Not only that, my family would be really suspicious if I keep disappearing also job hunting is hard in my area.
Surgery possibly at 25?

3BlueSpinners

• Visitor

Im going to get an IT job for a contract of 3 years and i live in the UK
Surgery possibly at 25?

oklama

You could say that you are going to have a bone alignment surgery. If they say where, you could say your spine and you've been having back problems. Or tell them that you need Spinal Fusion Surgery, that takes 3-6 months recovery time.

I want to get 2 surgeries done for myself, femur and tibia, however, I dont want to get a job, then quit for 4 months, find a  new job and work for a year, then quit that job for 4 months then find a new job again. The process in doing all that will be tiring. I was thinking of getting quadrilateral lengthening. I know, many people disagree with this but its the only way to save time and money. Not only that, my family would be really suspicious if I keep disappearing also job hunting is hard in my area.

do you expect your family to never notice that you grew six inches? I mean you MAY be able to pull off 3, but SIX? thats not going to happen unless you live around exclusively blind people
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually
Pages: [1]   Go Up