Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How come Tom Cruise and Robert Downey Jr didn't get leg lengthening?  (Read 2949 times)

MrHandsome

They both wear lifts 24/7 and with one lengthening would become average.

I don't know why they haven't done it.

Re: How come Tom Cruise and Robert Downey Jr didn't get leg lengthening?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 10:11:57 PM »

Because they're martial artists, that's why, like me, they can never afford to lose their athletism.

ramaka

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 11:21:14 PM »

Maybe years ago they would have but they are consistently on the go when it comes to filming they’re movies so really they would never have the time to complete a recovery with their schedules.

However many people believe Justin Bieber had LL because in 2013 he said he was retiring and he was like 5’4-5’4.5 and when he started making music again around 1 year later he was like 5’7-5’8 at 20-21 that kind of growth spurt can’t happen.

Android

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 12:29:40 AM »

Not every person that considers themselves short wants surgery. This is like asking why all bald men don't get hair transplants or why all people with crooked noses don't get rhinoplasty.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Zeo

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 01:24:19 AM »

Not every person that considers themselves short wants surgery. This is like asking why all bald men don't get hair transplants or why all people with crooked noses don't get rhinoplasty.

This is such an abstract concept for people here. Most people here will be perpetually miserable, even after LL
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 02:05:06 AM »

Why would they do LL? They are at the top of their trades, on the spotlight. If people found out, they would be judged a lot. They are already successful and have lots of money. In their position, I highly doubt I would do LL.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

MrHandsome

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 06:18:51 AM »

The reason why I think they should do leg lengthening is because they are known for wearing lifts everywhere.

extremis

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 08:49:09 PM »

Because they're public personalities and leg lengthening isn't a "socially acceptable" means of improving yourself.

People don't like anyone who has cosmetic surgery of any kind done for a number of reasons

1) Cosmetic surgery constitutes a means by which you can "cheat your genes" and "fraud" your genetic value in public. This especially affects women, since they would potentially find themselves attracted to, and reproducing with, an "impostor" who wouldn't pass superior genes on to her offspring.

2) It forces people to confront the fact that lookism, heightism, etc are extremely prevalent and significant in society, and that they govern or at least have some influence on every facet of a person's life in that same society, even when that person is "wealthy" and "talented" (like movie stars) - i.e. it suggests that you can't "outwork" your genetic quality.

Thatdude950

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 10:06:04 PM »

Read the diaries and you'll understand why. Why would they risk multi million dollar careers? They'd need to put their entire life on hold for 18 months & then come they'd come back with impaired movement. How you gonna be anything close to an action star? The risk is not worth the reward.

That you're even asking a question like this shows you have tunnel vision and are totally obsessed with height to the point that nothing else matters

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 10:06:25 PM »

Because they're public personalities and leg lengthening isn't a "socially acceptable" means of improving yourself.

People don't like anyone who has cosmetic surgery of any kind done for a number of reasons

1) Cosmetic surgery constitutes a means by which you can "cheat your genes" and "fraud" your genetic value in public. This especially affects women, since they would potentially find themselves attracted to, and reproducing with, an "impostor" who wouldn't pass superior genes on to her offspring.

2) It forces people to confront the fact that lookism, heightism, etc are extremely prevalent and significant in society, and that they govern or at least have some influence on every facet of a person's life in that same society, even when that person is "wealthy" and "talented" (like movie stars) - i.e. it suggests that you can't "outwork" your genetic quality.

Definitely not the reason. Lifts aren't socially acceptable either, but they use it.

Body Builder

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 10:52:35 PM »

Definitely not the reason. Lifts aren't socially acceptable either, but they use it.
It is not even close in extreme level wearing insoles vs LL.
Milions of men wear lifts while only some few thousands in the world do LL.

Android

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 11:13:13 PM »

It is not even close in extreme level wearing insoles vs LL.
Milions of men wear lifts while only some few thousands in the world do LL.

True. People hear that you use lifts, they might crack a joke or just smile.
Tell them you got CLL, they'll either be shocked or say "they can do that??"
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2017, 12:32:08 AM »

Read the diaries and you'll understand why. Why would they risk multi million dollar careers? They'd need to put their entire life on hold for 18 months & then come they'd come back with impaired movement. How you gonna be anything close to an action star? The risk is not worth the reward.

That you're even asking a question like this shows you have tunnel vision and are totally obsessed with height to the point that nothing else matters

This response is everything you need to know to answer this question and I don't believe it would be useful to discuss this matter any further.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

extremis

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 07:21:02 AM »

What a dumb answer. How could you even compare wearing dumb-looking lifts, even when they're as ridiculous as the ones worn by Robert Downey Jr., to a surgery like limb lengthening?

Do you seriously think people wouldn't notice and start to ask questions when these public personalities like Robert Downey Jr. and Tom Cruise start showing up to places 4-5 inches taller than they normally are, with or without their dumb-ass elevator shoes?

Do you seriously think it wouldn't be disastrous for their reputation as movie stars if people found out these men were so "insecure" and "bothered" by their height that they elected to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a barbaric surgery that involves breaking your legs and slowly pulling them apart using either the Illizarov device that looks like a medieval torture implement or an extendable nail that gets implanted inside your leg bone?

It blows my mind how little insight and common sense you have, you are actually mentally ill if you can't see what a public relations fiasco this would be for them
Pages: [1]   Go Up